Home ticket question.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
burnmark
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Home ticket question.

Post by burnmark » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:42 pm

Apologies as I’m sure this will have been asked before! As a season ticket holder, am I no longer able to buy match tickets using my Clarets Number? It’s been a while since I’ve done this when I used get my father in law tickets prior to him getting his own number. The reason I ask is that a work colleague wants to buy three tickets (all for Burnley fans) for the United game but when I’ve tried to buy online using mine and two other numbers from my ‘friends and family’ I’ve been unable to do so. I’ve already suggested to her that she may need to go and set up their own numbers but wanted to save her the hassle of doing so.

Again, I apologise if this is a recurring topic.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Re: Home ticket question.

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 pm

I don’t think you can buy “additional” home tickets under existing ST numbers

Think I remember seeing something at start of season
This user liked this post: burnmark

Claretmisterg
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by Claretmisterg » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:05 pm

I have a season ticket and occasionally buy tickets for my son online using my clarets number without problems. Most recently for the Everton match (subsequently postponed).

Backofthenet
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Backofthenet » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:08 pm

I bought an extra ticket for the Everton game, and plenty of others over the years

chipbutty
Been Liked: 136 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Post by chipbutty » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:18 pm

I think you can buy 4 tickets. That was the case on Saturday for the cup game anyway

burnmark
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:23 pm

Thanks for the replies. I’ve tried again for the United game but still being blocked from buying. I then tried for the Leicester game as a ‘dummy’ purchase and had no problem getting to the payment screen.

I suppose it’s an attempt to stop United fans getting into the home ends.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:18 am

I've tried online to buy 2 tickets for a mate of mine, for the Leicester game, who
lives in the Lake District and can't get down here before then.

Not a hope in hell as, despite getting emails from them, I HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS !!!!!!!! Good job I live in Burnley - I'm nipping down this morning in the hope of :- 1. Buying the 2 tickets, and
2. Sorting out the email problem, not for the 1st time !!!!

The website says " welcome to our new ticketing website" - it should be followed by "it's still sh!te but it looks different - good luck to all who venture there"

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:06 am

I bought 3 extra tickets over and above my season ticket for the Everton game

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:27 pm

Well, well, well. Been down to the ticket office to sort out the above and they couldn't help me as the system was down !!!!!

Couldn't sell me tickets, and couldn't sort out my sign-in problems - good job I hadn't travelled far. Poor girl behind the counter was most embarrased, poor lass.
She kindly took my details and promised to ring me back when the system was up and running again - not heard anything yet.
She's probably up to her eyes in notepaper with details of people wanting tickets.

Quite simply, not nearly good enough. A pathetic shambles.

Get it sorted Mr Pace, pretty please for all our sakes and sanity.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32540 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:39 pm

I feel so sorry for the ticket office having to put up with the nonsense they've been left with from people who clearly don't have a clue about tickets.
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:13 pm

The thing is CT, it's now portrayed as our new look ticketing website. As I say, it may look different
but it's still as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. I didn't know this at the time but my mate tried to
register/log in and was met with a blank wall. If he hadn't been too bothered they could have missed out on the
sale of 2 tickets and the question is how many more are there out there struggling to simply buy a ticket ?

Living in the lakes, he is not exactly spoilt for choice for football matches and he has no problem whatsoever
in registering and obtaining tickets for the likes of Barrow, Morecambe, Carlisle, etc.

How their business model works on this basis is a mystery to me. Could they not farm it out to someone useful
like ticketmaster ? I appreciate that that's not good for the employees in the ticket office.