Talk sport this morning

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Talk sport this morning

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:16 pm

Stockbrokerbelt wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:25 pm
Actually instead of guessing & spouting try reading what he has said, as for Simon Jordan you might want to look at the accounts of Simon Jordans time at Crystal Palace, absolute chaos, i live near Marbella & know about his finance dealings here, so read facts & if you don’t know them don’t comment.
Jordan took them out of admin and left them in admin, I'm aware of that, he dumped his own fortune into his own club naively. I'm not sure how that doesn't make him pretty qualified to talk about football finances? he's been there, done it and I'd rather trust his opinion than some random guy from Marbella on a football forum. As for Kieran Maguire saying it's the one of the best deals in football, please provide me where he said that and if he did say that he was clearly talking about it's an incredible deal for Pace and ALK not the fans of Burnley FC.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:25 pm

I doubt the numbers they claim regarding listeners to the station, but I would applaud any football figure dismissing the opportunity to be interviewed by them.
The whole set up stinks, its just an array of half wits pretending to argue.
white, murphy and jordan is a particulary awful segment, they just build it up as some kind of battle of egos, where in actual fact it is a putrid mess of non topics being dragged out endlessly.
The fact that its target audience is made up of cabbies and london based builders who love to bet just adds to the crass nature of it all. I wouldnt hesitate to slam the phone down if i worked at a club and was invited.
It stinks from dawn till dusk. A rancid sewer of a station.
This user liked this post: bobinho

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:37 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:25 pm
I doubt the numbers they claim regarding listeners to the station, but I would applaud any football figure dismissing the opportunity to be interviewed by them.
white, murphy and jordan is a particulary awful segment, they just build it up as some kind of battle of egos, where in actual fact it is a putrid mess of non topics being dragged out endlessly.
The fact that its target audience is made up of cabbies and london based builders who love to bet just adds to the crass nature of it all. I wouldnt hesitate to slam the phone down if i worked at a club and was invited.
What you saying Wile :o

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:44 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:36 pm
Terry Christian has blocked me on two different social media sites 8-)
Hes a loudmouth gobsh... Think yourself lucky.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:34 pm
You would still swap your wealth with him.
[/quote

So what? Takes a special fool to lose 40 million. As the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:56 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
I think you may be taking the whole thing a bit too seriously, Wile, the media in general is hardly a paragon of virtue.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4092 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm

It isnt bill you are right. But talk sport is on another level entirely.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Kazoo
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Kazoo » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:08 pm

At the end of the day our incumbents are as skint as the last lot (if not more so).

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:11 pm

It's not even remotely fair to lump every Talksport segment in with the tosh from the likes of Durham.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:30 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Is this a critique of Talksport or an application for an interview?

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:06 am

I think this thread is just a parody thread designed to allow some politics to get passed the mods.
I haven't worked out exactly which of the present cabinet is represented by each of the "presenters", but cottoned on when people started complaining that the quality had recently gone downhill and that seemingly the only good presenters had gone off and got themselves second jobs and something better to do.
Love the pritti patel character and you all have Michael gove spot on. Nice commentary too re Chris Wood "crossing the house".
For what it's worth, I like trans-europe express too. I'm surprised that there is still a programme on that channel for remainers. The station is obviously run by boris acolytes.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 2025 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:13 am

timshorts wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:06 am
I think this thread is just a parody thread designed to allow some politics to get passed the mods.
I haven't worked out exactly which of the present cabinet is represented by each of the "presenters", but cottoned on when people started complaining that the quality had recently gone downhill and that seemingly the only good presenters had gone off and got themselves second jobs and something better to do.
Love the pritti patel character and you all have Michael gove spot on. Nice commentary too re Chris Wood "crossing the house".
For what it's worth, I like trans-europe express too. I'm surprised that there is still a programme on that channel for remainers. The station is obviously run by boris acolytes.
Personally I’d have Adrian Durham as Jeremy Hunt.