A chance to rebuild and come back stronger?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 674 times

A chance to rebuild and come back stronger?

Post by burnley007 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:02 pm

I'm starting to come to terms with relegation now, it's not the end of the world

With so many players out of contract, this could be a vital summer to rebuild a younger, stronger side that will take us into another era.

We need to give Dyche and Pace a chance to see what they can do together
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

lrac
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Re: A chance to rebuild and come back stronger?

Post by lrac » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:09 pm

I agree utc

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:13 pm

I agree, if truth be known, i thought we were down after newcastle away.
if we keep the core, there's no reason we cannot bounce back at the first time of asking.

We need to keep fighting, keep the fans on side, so there's no hangover or bad feeling in the club.
With so many ageing players OOC there's a chance to lower the wage bill and average age of the squad at the same time.

We will be a big fish wages wise in that league and a good pull for players OOC at other clubs.

Pope
Roberts Collins New Taylor
Brownhill Westwood
Cornet New McNeil
Wout

Isn't a bad side and shouod bounce straight back up, a few squad players here and there, and we are good to go.

I'd take Wallace ( millwall) and put Cornet in behind or Lawrence ( Derby) for the number 10 roll, both on free's , in our wage band and should jump at the chance to sign. Both doing well in poor sides this season and know the division.
Or grab both, both would offer options to us in the areas we need it most.

I don't fear relegation 1 bit, course I'd prefer us to stay up, but that's not looked likely for a while now, so a clear out, and a fresh start is best option now

Goes without saying Mr Dyche has to stay to oversee this
This user liked this post: Guller Bull

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:16 pm

Think McNeil will get snapped up by a PL club, Everton were said to be keen. Then does a PL club come in for Cornet / Taylor? Possibly. Can see Newcastle snapping Pope up too. I don’t fear relegation though especially if Dyche stays. Hopefully sees sense to let most of those OOC leave, promote some of the youth team and do some smart summer business.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Without wishing to go over old ground, the frustrating thing is that this has all been so obvious. Gradual refreshes haven’t happened and we are paying a costly price. Just a couple of additional signings and we wouldn’t even be looking at relegation, this season.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 ClaretPete001

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:29 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:16 pm
Think McNeil will get snapped up by a PL club, Everton were said to be keen. Then does a PL club come in for Cornet / Taylor? Possibly. Can see Newcastle snapping Pope up too. I don’t fear relegation though especially if Dyche stays. Hopefully sees sense to let most of those OOC leave, promote some of the youth team and do some smart summer business.
Newcastle were trying to sign that lad from Utd, Henderson, at the end of the window as GK, they'll probably go back for him in the summer because he doesn't want to be 2nd choice at Utd.

burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:12 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:22 pm
Without wishing to go over old ground, the frustrating thing is that this has all been so obvious. Gradual refreshes haven’t happened and we are paying a costly price. Just a couple of additional signings and we wouldn’t even be looking at relegation, this season.
Everyone knows that, but nowt anyone can do now. Just crack on.