Russia Invades

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ecc
Been Liked: 1394 times
Has Liked: 1272 times

Re: Russia Invades

Post by ecc » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:24 pm

lakedistrictclaret wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:35 pm
ecc, I don't think Zizkov would be taking a pub through airport security
God, lakedistrict, we have to laugh a bit, don't we? We can because we're not out there. But everybody contributing to and/or following this thread is damn angry and just trying to follow the inhumanity of Putin and his henchmen. I believe it's our duty to keep this thread updated. It's the least we can do, for God's sake. We owe it to the Ukranians and to all people suffering from evil people.

But, we need to laugh amongst ourselves over silly things otherwise we'll lose it.Don't we?
These 2 users liked this post: Jellybean lakedistrictclaret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:49 pm

ecc wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:17 pm
I hadn't watched the video, Vegas, but have just seen it on another site. Was going to post but just double-checked and indeed you'd already linked it.

This, FWIW, is what I'd written for my post.

"WARNING: This video does NOT show horrific images (I'm not into that). But it does show the reality of war.

The video comes from CCTV cameras at a swimming pool close to the shopping centre in Kremenchuk.

It shows the sheer panic of people when the unthinkable occurs.

Makes me want to bloody cry in all senses of the verb."
even watching the videos it doesn't sink in, we are so used to seeing these images in films we've become numb to it

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:00 am

https://twitter.com/michaelh992/status/ ... 2207217670

Russia abandoning Snake Island

No real surprise, its cost them so much to try to hold it, and they don't really need it as they have about as much chance of mounting amphibious or naval manoeuvres near the Ukrainian coast as I have

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:25 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... 1656580891

Guardian reporting that Ukraine have actually recaptured the island

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:57 pm

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bernie-eccles ... 42250.html
I think the relations of those injured and maimed in the latest atrocity would happily oblige the stupid old bstard.

ecc

Post by ecc » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Whatever the situation, it's another morale-boosting victory for Ukraine.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:15 pm

KKYIV INDEPENDENT: As Russia's war drags on, Ukrainians are split in their assessments of the responsibility that Belarusians bear for Russia using their territory to wage war against Ukraine.

Belarusians who support Ukraine, meanwhile, feel downtrodden by all sides.

https://twitter.com/kyivindependent/sta ... nPFRD7Jpig

lakedistrictclaret
Been Liked: 517 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:22 pm

ecc wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:24 pm
God, lakedistrict, we have to laugh a bit, don't we? We can because we're not out there. But everybody contributing to and/or following this thread is damn angry and just trying to follow the inhumanity of Putin and his henchmen. I believe it's our duty to keep this thread updated. It's the least we can do, for God's sake. We owe it to the Ukranians and to all people suffering from evil people.

But, we need to laugh amongst ourselves over silly things otherwise we'll lose it.Don't we?
Yes I know ecc, my post was my attempt at lightheartedness on this frightening thread.

Seriously, I wish I knew how and when all this is going to end. It could go on for years, and if Putin gains any sort of success in Ukraine he's not going to stop there.

We're closer to another World War than we have been for seventy five years.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:24 pm

REUTERS: Gazprom cancels dividend for first time since 1998, shares dive

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1542 ... nPFRD7Jpig

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:27 pm

BBC WOLD: Why Russia couldn't hold on to Snake Island

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/154 ... nPFRD7Jpig

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:50 pm

Tw@ wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:40 am
NATO need to start moving into Ukraine now and showing Putin that he cannot carry on with his actions
Putin is the bluff king it seems, NATO don't even need troops on the ground to destroy the Russian forces yet are frozen by Putin's bluffing.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:21 pm

Now Vlad almost fully controls the eastern Donbass ( his original “ official “ aim) does anyone think he may bring things to a end before sanctions start to really bite?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:08 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:21 pm
Now Vlad almost fully controls the eastern Donbass ( his original “ official “ aim) does anyone think he may bring things to a end before sanctions start to really bite?
In a word… No.

Belarus is being dragged closer and closer to going to war to fill gaps. The Baltic states recognise rolling over and giving Putin a victory of sorts will do nothing to safeguard them from his ambition, merely buy a little time. Any compromise now would be viewed in Russia as weakness and the parallels to Chamberlain’s ‘peace in our time’ are striking, in themselves. Putin wants to dominate Europe like the US tried to dominate South America and Asia in the 60’s-80’s … and would have the same results and set back the free world for generations to come.
This user liked this post: AlargeClaret

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:11 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Bringing to an end doesn't happen until the Donbas, and Crimea are returned to Ukraine, so there isn't a cat in hells chance of the sanctions ending.
Whether Putin is mad enough to believe otherwise is another matter, but if that's his hope he's going to be disappointed.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:39 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
He doesn't though

He almost got all of Luhansk Oblast, but I think he's still got at least 50% of Donestk Oblast to take if he wants the Donbass, and he's still very keen on taking as much of Russian speaking Ukraine as possible

The reason its gone a bit quiet in the news is pretty simple btw

There isn't a lot anyone can do if Russia is just using lots and lots of artillery to blow the crap out of everything in its path, and its not very newsworthy sadly

The thing is, on current progress, its going to take Russia all year to take the Donbass, and I'm not sure they have that long before the Ukrainians (and the West) reaches the levels of supply, ammo and equipment to take it back

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:29 pm

NEXTA: The "Proekt" media published an investigation on how Russian Defense Ministry lied about "victories in Ukraine"

The journalists watched all 196 speeches of Igor Konashenkov and found out that he studied arithmetic and geography very poorly in school

As of June 26, Konashenkov reported the destruction of 215 Ukrainian aircraft. At the same time, according to Russian Ministry of Defense, Ukraine had 152 aircraft before war.

Konashenkov also reported on destruction of 84 Bayraktars which is 20 more than Ukraine purchased.

In addition, Konashenkov reported the capture of 25 Ukrainian human settlements more than once

Most frequently - 4 times - Russian forces "captured" town of Kremenna and 3 times each were reported about "capturing" of Novomayorske, Taramchuk and Borovenka human settlements.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/154 ... nPFRD7Jpig

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:47 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:39 pm
He doesn't though

He almost got all of Luhansk Oblast, but I think he's still got at least 50% of Donestk Oblast to take if he wants the Donbass, and he's still very keen on taking as much of Russian speaking Ukraine as possible

The reason its gone a bit quiet in the news is pretty simple btw

There isn't a lot anyone can do if Russia is just using lots and lots of artillery to blow the crap out of everything in its path, and its not very newsworthy sadly

The thing is, on current progress, its going to take Russia all year to take the Donbass, and I'm not sure they have that long before the Ukrainians (and the West) reaches the levels of supply, ammo and equipment to take it back
For clarity I referred to the “ Eastern Donbas” though perhaps Vlad does indeed “ want it all” I’d imagine the west want UKR to sue for peace and concede the losses ,whatever they publically say .

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:50 pm

OTHER NEWS:

ELINT: New Stealth Missile Boat Under Construction In Iran

https://twitter.com/covertshores/status ... nPFRD7Jpig

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:53 pm

KYIV Independent: General Staff: Russian troops have 'partial success' near Lysychansk.

According to Ukraine's Armed Forces, Russian troops have stormed the Lysychansk oil refinery and took control of the northern part of the plant. The city is constantly shelled.

https://twitter.com/kyivindependent/sta ... nPFRD7Jpig

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:57 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:11 pm
Bringing to an end doesn't happen until the Donbas, and Crimea are returned to Ukraine, so there isn't a cat in hells chance of the sanctions ending.
Whether Putin is mad enough to believe otherwise is another matter, but if that's his hope he's going to be disappointed.
Fair point , though do Europe really want this dragging on for possibly years ? The gas /oil “ thing “ is of huge knock on consequence not to mention the grain that UKR produce .
I could be wrong but I can only see the EU ( proximity wise ) wanting this over quickly .

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:13 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:57 pm
Fair point , though do Europe really want this dragging on for possibly years ? The gas /oil “ thing “ is of huge knock on consequence not to mention the grain that UKR produce .
I could be wrong but I can only see the EU ( proximity wise ) wanting this over quickly .
Of course not, nobody does, but they all know that if Putin is allowed to win, this is just a start of the problems. As Europe readjust to the new order, problems over oil and gas will recede.
As for grain, I would send a couple of aircraft carriers just to watch over any Ukrainian convoys. So long as they don't dock in Ukraine, the Russians might not like it, but I can't see what they can do about it.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:45 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:47 pm
For clarity I referred to the “ Eastern Donbas” though perhaps Vlad does indeed “ want it all” I’d imagine the west want UKR to sue for peace and concede the losses ,whatever they publically say .
Well, with the greatest respect, that is the sort of stuff that is found on Russian troll sites

Moscow is desperate for the West to stop supporting Ukraine, and there are hundreds of accounts all amplifying that message

Even the countries that were perhaps not so keen on losing business and energy supplies are seeing what Russia is doing, and realising that he's not going to stop unless he's forced to

I just hope that the West is rearming quickly enough so that we can supply Ukraine enough of what it needs
These 2 users liked this post: elwaclaret Colburn_Claret

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:57 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:45 pm
Well, with the greatest respect, that is the sort of stuff that is found on Russian troll sites

Moscow is desperate for the West to stop supporting Ukraine, and there are hundreds of accounts all amplifying that message

Even the countries that were perhaps not so keen on losing business and energy supplies are seeing what Russia is doing, and realising that he's not going to stop unless he's forced to

I just hope that the West is rearming quickly enough so that we can supply Ukraine enough of what it needs
I’d be happy to let UKR cede the eastern DB , thus allowing VP to declare his “ victory “ let UKR join NATO , thus allowing Putin to know that if he tries it again ( will he live /stay in power that long ?) he’s looking at a possible WWIII , and overwhelming odds against him. IMO we need a modicum of peace with Russia to avert a nightmare scenario .

This isn’t Saddam or Gadafi

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:03 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:57 pm
I’d be happy to let UKR cede the eastern DB , thus allowing VP to declare his “ victory “ let UKR join NATO , thus allowing Putin to know that if he tries it again ( will he live /stay in power that long ?) he’s looking at a possible WWIII , and overwhelming odds against him. IMO we need a modicum of peace with Russia to avert a nightmare scenario .

I think the eventual solution will involve Ukraine giving up any claim to Crimea, but Russia can't have the Donbass or its back to square one and he'll just attack again after he's reorganised and rebuilt his army

One thing all the Western leaders now agree on is that its up to Ukraine what is given up and when the war ends, and that is probably the best thing that we could do as it makes it crystal clear to Russia that we won't end the war on Russian terms

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:17 pm

Putin won't live forever, it is to be hoped that the younger people in Russia embrace freedom,democracy and peace and Putin is the last of the old guard.
Interesting piece from Reuters about a solution to the Kaliningrad standoff.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ex ... 022-06-29/

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:53 pm

https://twitter.com/Flash43191300/statu ... 5148817408

Very clear that NATO enhanced artillery rounds have been given to Ukraine

They were able to shell Snake Island, and that is what finally convinced the Russians that they couldn't possibly hold it

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:50 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:17 pm
Putin won't live forever, it is to be hoped that the younger people in Russia embrace freedom,democracy and peace and Putin is the last of the old guard.
Interesting piece from Reuters about a solution to the Kaliningrad standoff.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ex ... 022-06-29/
Far from the last of the old guard. A very modern leader. Fascism disguised as communism. We can all finger point, but when Politicians dismiss democracy for their ‘better ideas’, and without being political we’ve seen it in the US and UK - you end up with a swing that leads to nation states like India, Iran etc. only a short step from Belarus, Russia etc. and the final stop is North Korea and China… or 1984.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:03 am

AlargeClaret wrote:

Not Sadam or Gadafi? No, it’s Imperialism on a great scale. It’s not Ukraine its the Balkan’s Putin sees as the longer game.

Think Napoleon, Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin, Stalin.
Some people cannot be talked to.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:10 am

MOSCOW, June 30 (Reuters) :- Leading Russian economist Vladimir Mau has been charged with fraud "on an especially large scale", the interior ministry said on Thursday, in a shock to Russia's academic and economic elite.

It said he was accused of embezzling funds from the institute where is rector, as part of a larger case involving another top academic and a former deputy education minister.

Mau, 62, is an economic liberal with close links to top policymakers, and a board member of Russian energy giant Gazprom.

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1542 ... 2OCpaYimtA

…Fall guy alert.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:17 pm

https://twitter.com/ABarbashin/status/1 ... 9039441921

Clear effect of sanctions on Russian automobile production

If I had to guess, this a combination of sanctions and the military demanding as much capacity as possible

Either way, the sanctions are really starting to bite

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:37 pm

Ukrainian D20 howitzers in action

(with very bad dancing from one Ukrainian soldier)

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1542894395388837888

ecc

Post by ecc » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:53 am

Russian missile strikes kill 21 in Odesa region.

Putin continues with his indiscriminate targeting of different civilian targets. As we know, a majority of Ukraninan urban dwellers live in tower blocks and they are very easy targets.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62006743

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:48 pm

NEW VOICE OF UKRAINE: The lion’s share of this amount is taken by the sunken cruiser Moskva, which cost $750 million.

Russians lost almost $1 billion dollars worth of equipment during occupation of Snake Island — Forbes Ukraine

https://twitter.com/newvoiceukraine/sta ... XnzzdFi-tQ

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:50 pm

NEXTA: Military exercises in Belarus continued until July 9 and doctors were banned from leaving the country

Belarus exercises near Ukrainian border were to continue until July 1. However, self-proclaimed "president" Lukashenko, extended them until July 9.

📰 General Staff of the AFU

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/154 ... XnzzdFi-tQ

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:02 pm

Screenshot_20220702-175905_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-175905_Samsung Internet.jpg (346.21 KiB) Viewed 2439 times

The holy grail spoof taken from twitter.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220702-173429_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-173429_Samsung Internet.jpg (477.19 KiB) Viewed 2439 times

Guitargeorge
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by Guitargeorge » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm

I’ve just finished reading a piece on the Cuban Missile Crisis and didn’t know that, in an instruction to his commanders in Cuba, Kruschev actually issued a directive to “defend the island by whatever means”, basically giving them leave to use the missiles stationed there against the US. When he realised how his instruction could be interpreted, he immediately backed down and the world, on the brink of nuclear war, breathed again. Seems Kruschev, despite his hard exterior, was a human being after all. I wonder if Putin will ever show that trait?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:39 pm

Guitargeorge wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm
I’ve just finished reading a piece on the Cuban Missile Crisis and didn’t know that, in an instruction to his commanders in Cuba, Kruschev actually issued a directive to “defend the island by whatever means”, basically giving them leave to use the missiles stationed there against the US. When he realised how his instruction could be interpreted, he immediately backed down and the world, on the brink of nuclear war, breathed again. Seems Kruschev, despite his hard exterior, was a human being after all. I wonder if Putin will ever show that trait?
He doesn't want to die so yeah, he won't do anything more than threaten and everyone knows that is all it is

Thats why NATO are now supply ammo and artillery that *could* hit deep into Russia, and authorising more and more arms, money and equipment

Worth remembering for all the talk about Russian military success in Luthansk Oblast, since the war started we have seen the following

- Finland and Sweden are joining NATO
- Russia hasn't achieved its aims at all, and to get what can best be described as their "secondary objectives" they have gutted their army
- The sanctions are hitting the Russians that matter (ie the wealthy ones) and the industries that matter
- Russia huge oil and gas reserves are getting phased out of Western Europe, and the cost to Russia for that (medium and long term) are in the trillions

In short, this remains a complete Russian strategic disaster, and all the good work that Putin has done in stabilising Russia and its role on the world stage has been severely compromised (course, he's got away with a lot of terrible stuff in that time, but the aim of the West was to bring them into the fold using the economy, and that would have worked if Putin hadn't completely misread the room and invaded)

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:22 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:

What a load of self interested rubbish

chekhov
Been Liked: 804 times
Has Liked: 1513 times

Post by chekhov » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:29 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:22 pm
What a load of self interested rubbish
Instead you could write, I strongly disagree, rather than denigrate another poster who happens to have a different opinion to your good self.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:45 pm

chekhov wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:29 pm
Instead you could write, I strongly disagree, rather than denigrate another poster who happens to have a different opinion to your good self.
I'm happy to engage with someone who has a different opinion, but that was just stupid, and it deserved pointing out.
Nobody has any right to tell Ukraine what they should or shouldn't accept

chekhov
Been Liked: 804 times
Has Liked: 1513 times

Post by chekhov » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:54 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:45 pm
I'm happy to engage with someone who has a different opinion, but that was just stupid, and it deserved pointing out.
I think the distinction is between being critical of a point of view, and a personal attack. Most of the antagonism that surfaces on this board results from the latter. The way to create a more harmonious atmosphere is to use language that is not inflammatory towards other contributors. It doesn’t even matter how ridiculous their statements are. It’s as simple as saying your argument is ridiculous rather than you are stupid.
As for your point I agree with your stance. But it is only an opinion however strongly you hold to it.
These 2 users liked this post: JarrowClaret No Ney Never

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:54 am

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:45 am

chekhov wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:54 pm
I think the distinction is between being critical of a point of view, and a personal attack. Most of the antagonism that surfaces on this board results from the latter. The way to create a more harmonious atmosphere is to use language that is not inflammatory towards other contributors. It doesn’t even matter how ridiculous their statements are. It’s as simple as saying your argument is ridiculous rather than you are stupid.
As for your point I agree with your stance. But it is only an opinion however strongly you hold to it.
There's a big difference between discussing the abilities of players past, present and future, than discussing a country who's population is getting hammered by a thug with an attention disorder.
I make no apologies for calling out anyone who supports him, if they don't like it, tough.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:35 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:45 pm
Actually we do have that right and can exercise it, perhaps indirectly.

We supply arms and money to Ukraine which sustains the war and which we tax payers are paying for. This war is causing economic suffering for individuals in this country and ultimately it is the job of our government to look after our interests. If they don't we can remove them.

Therefore AlargeClaret has every right to voice that view, which I suspect represents a large number of the UK population if the facts were spelt out to them ('are you willing to suffer economically, e.g. pay higher fuel and food prices, to support Ukraine?' for example).

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:42 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:54 am
Strikes in Russia
https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/15 ... p-6HdLGMvQ
Two questions.

1. The small black smudge that arrives a few seconds before the explosion on the ground - is that some air defence effort?

2. Has Ukraine really done this? Until now if they have attacked mainland Russia it has been oil facilities etc., legitimate targets. Surely attacking, even mistakenly, Russian civilians will not go down well anywhere, especially with their weapon suppliers in the west.

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 am

Hipper wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:42 am
Two questions.

1. The small black smudge that arrives a few seconds before the explosion on the ground - is that some air defence effort?

2. Has Ukraine really done this? Until now if they have attacked mainland Russia it has been oil facilities etc., legitimate targets. Surely attacking, even mistakenly, Russian civilians will not go down well anywhere, especially with their weapon suppliers in the west.
If you read the comments in the Russian wording it is mentioned that the damage was caused by SAMs rather than the incoming missile.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:45 pm

Hipper wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:35 am
Actually we do have that right and can exercise it, perhaps indirectly.

We supply arms and money to Ukraine which sustains the war and which we tax payers are paying for. This war is causing economic suffering for individuals in this country and ultimately it is the job of our government to look after our interests. If they don't we can remove them.

Therefore AlargeClaret has every right to voice that view, which I suspect represents a large number of the UK population if the facts were spelt out to them ('are you willing to suffer economically, e.g. pay higher fuel and food prices, to support Ukraine?' for example).
Yes

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:31 pm

ROB LEE: Video of a large explosion in Belgorod last night.

https://twitter.com/ralee85/status/1543 ... uj2tITvkUQ

And the impact…

And the Russian Air defence prior:

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:33 pm

NEW YORK TIMES: Breaking News: Russia’s defense minister said its forces had taken Lysychansk, the last major city in Luhansk Province still under Ukrainian control.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1543 ... uj2tITvkUQ

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:35 pm

ROB LEE: It appears Ukraine also struck Russian facilities in Melitopol.