Abramovich sanctioned by UK

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5214 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Re: Abramovich sanctioned by UK

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:50 pm

cblantfanclub wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:07 pm
That’s pretty much the most idealistic view of Chelsea fans I’ve ever read DA. Those poor little everyday fans who were true football supporters.
As others have said they cared nothing for football but flocked to support a business model that provided them with 1.5 Billion in loans and sought to make clubs like ours unsustainable.
All they wanted was glory. I’m sure you can’t provide me one bit of proof that those poor little fans were bothered about clubs like ours and football as some sort of medication for mental health issues of normal fans (your suggestion). They were happy to see us disappear in their blind greed.
There was no voice of sympathy for the rest of football or clubs like ours from those fictional fans so it’s very difficult to feel sympathetic for them and you are pedalling guff as boringly usual.
Its irrelevant if the Chelsea fans was glad to get their owners millions/billions as thats not the issue. If Pace took over Burnley and started investing billions a fair lot of our supporters would be happy and welcome the success it would bring.

If you are trying to suggest Chelsea fans should not have been happy to be funded by Russian money then thats a little unfair as Im sure I could dig up plenty of threads on here of posters defending the govt around Russian money and links to Putin

We even have someone in our House of Lords closely linked to the KGB and we have operated a gold visa service to invite Russian money into our country and the majority of our country didnt care or actively defended it.

I can understand Chelsea fans unhappiness that this govt who have accepted Russian money and ignored interference into our democratic process are now imposing sanctions that impact a lot of fans when there are potentially ways Abramovich assets could be frozen and the sale of the club could be allowed to remove all Russian money and ownership of the club.

Over the last few years with Covid and some of the forced seat moves there has been quite a few moving tales on here about how some of the elderly, poor and vulnerable fans have really been hard hit. I remember one about an old fan whose only really social contact was coming on the turf to sit around people he has sat with for years who had accepted giving up at not being able to cope with some of the Covid restriction to get on the game.

If you think just because Chelsea are this big spending successful club that there aren't the same kind of fans as there are at our club then you are very blinded in your view. I have no problem with people happy to see Chelsea struggle on the pitch and see them stripped of their superstar team but if the sanctions impact the ability of the normal football fan to go and watch their team then I am not going to laugh at their personal plight and they have my sympathy.

As i've said if people are happy for all Chelsea fans to suffer because of something they could not control and because of a section of their support then thats fine but I dont see things quite as black and white as that and I hope that these sanctions doesn't result some good football people be impacted in a bad way.

I think there are one or two on here who have deliberately distorted my point of view on this to play their own little games which given the circumstances is a bit poor. At the end of the day I'm happy Ive made a very simple point and took a position I stand by and if everyone else disagrees then providing they make the effort to understand my point and disagree respectfully then thats not a problem.

Those playing their little games know who they are and even if they get some likes out of it they too have my sympathy
This user liked this post: Brucefanclaret

Willieonthewing
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Willieonthewing » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:57 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:50 pm
Its irrelevant if the Chelsea fans was glad to get their owners millions/billions as thats not the issue. If Pace took over Burnley and started investing billions a fair lot of our supporters would be happy and welcome the success it would bring.

If you are trying to suggest Chelsea fans should not have been happy to be funded by Russian money then thats a little unfair as Im sure I could dig up plenty of threads on here of posters defending the govt around Russian money and links to Putin

We even have someone in our House of Lords closely linked to the KGB and we have operated a gold visa service to invite Russian money into our country and the majority of our country didnt care or actively defended it.

I can understand Chelsea fans unhappiness that this govt who have accepted Russian money and ignored interference into our democratic process are now imposing sanctions that impact a lot of fans when there are potentially ways Abramovich assets could be frozen and the sale of the club could be allowed to remove all Russian money and ownership of the club.

Over the last few years with Covid and some of the forced seat moves there has been quite a few moving tales on here about how some of the elderly, poor and vulnerable fans have really been hard hit. I remember one about an old fan whose only really social contact was coming on the turf to sit around people he has sat with for years who had accepted giving up at not being able to cope with some of the Covid restriction to get on the game.

If you think just because Chelsea are this big spending successful club that there aren't the same kind of fans as there are at our club then you are very blinded in your view. I have no problem with people happy to see Chelsea struggle on the pitch and see them stripped of their superstar team but if the sanctions impact the ability of the normal football fan to go and watch their team then I am not going to laugh at their personal plight and they have my sympathy.

As i've said if people are happy for all Chelsea fans to suffer because of something they could not control and because of a section of their support then thats fine but I dont see things quite as black and white as that and I hope that these sanctions doesn't result some good football people be impacted in a bad way.

I think there are one or two on here who have deliberately distorted my point of view on this to play their own little games which given the circumstances is a bit poor. At the end of the day I'm happy Ive made a very simple point and took a position I stand by and if everyone else disagrees then providing they make the effort to understand my point and disagree respectfully then thats not a problem.

Those playing their little games know who they are and even if they get some likes out of it they too have my sympathy
The bottom line is any clubs fans would have welcomed roman to invest in their club, instead of Chelsea. If they then had the success Chelsea have had, I've no doubt those fans would now be showing their support for him.

pureclaret
Been Liked: 435 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:10 pm

And yet still the **** fans sing his name, hope they get kicked out of the league. Sky also should be introuble for there support of them.
If it was Burnley sining songs against certain groups we would be pilloried by the media and other fans . The mans friend bombed a maternity hospital and the fans sing his name means they are sick individuals who should not be allowed to travel. The club should noww be made to play behind closed doors

Flixtonclaret1
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by Flixtonclaret1 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:36 pm

If CFC have their results nulled both Burnley and Everton both lose a point …. 🤔

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6492 times
Has Liked: 2919 times

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:40 pm

Chelsea fans reacting to the news.....
FB_IMG_1646951842541.jpg
FB_IMG_1646951842541.jpg (15.08 KiB) Viewed 905 times
These 5 users liked this post: tarkys_ears bfcjg Brucefanclaret Dark Cloud GaryClaret

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:43 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:27 pm
Very well said, Ringo!

Perhaps it's not true what the majority on here say about you after all! ;)
I'll take the compliment in the spirit it was made. 🌞 Fair play and thank you.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:48 pm

Willieonthewing wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:57 pm
The bottom line is any clubs fans would have welcomed roman to invest in their club, instead of Chelsea. If they then had the success Chelsea have had, I've no doubt those fans would now be showing their support for him.
Well what a vacuous bunch of w'hankers football fans are.......!

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:48 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:56 pm
If you assist in building tanks at sub-market prices for steel, then when they are used in an invasion of Ukraine, it is justified that you be sanctioned, yes
As a separate entity away from it nobody needs sanctioning we shouldn’t even be involving ourselves in anything it’s nothing to do with us it’s none of our business what happens in Russia or Ukraine or anywhere, we invite problems upon ourselves interfering in things which shouldn’t concern us. We should concentrate on problems affecting people here & not elsewhere, we need to look after our own people before even thinking about anybody else.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2018 times
Has Liked: 2914 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:45 pm

Very surprised to see SKYbet Championship retweeting this, but the sentiment is spot on

https://twitter.com/grov_esy/status/150 ... 74528?s=21