Dyche is still the man for the job without a shadow of doubt.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Dyche is still the man for the job without a shadow of doubt.

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:51 pm

for all those criticising the team and sean dyche, it might be more appropriate to consider the nonsense you spout based on the facts.
How can blame be attributed towards him when we all know and have largely agreed that he has been restricted right throughout his tenure by inadequate finances.
The job he has done is incredible, and virtually done on a shoestring budget.
Do you actually believe he has been satisfied with backing he has received ?
Up against the billionaires running most of our opposing teams, he has got us up, kept us up and has had to oversee an ageing squad with his hands tied.
The media and all managers realise what a task it has been. He never gets flak from them because they can understand the obstacles he faces season in, season out.
All this **** about bringing in other managers is mindless dross.
Ive said it before, but you could give Pep or klopp the job here and they would inevitably struggle due to the same reasons dyche has.
Our players train and try their best, this season it just hasn't worked out as well as previously. Al the vitriolic abuse towards them is sickening. The opposite of loyalty.
Same thing happens on here time and time again, the haters kick up a storm after a defeat without having one decent alternative. Somehow they know better than the professionals in the game I suppose.
What ********.
These 39 users liked this post: Claret dandeclaret ClaretTony Stayingup Bigvince GodIsADeeJay81 northeastclaret RalphCoatesComb DycheAlmighty Claretlad DAVETHEVICAR elwaclaret Woodleyclaret CombatClaret uptheclarets86 The Enclosure Suratclaret Rombald Masham Ale gawthorpe_view SussexDon1inIreland LoveCurryPies Foreverly Claret gukwonan ArmchairDetective Dougall spt_claret Quicknick Tribesmen Burt Claretnick Lord_Bob ClaretCliff Higham_Claret ClaretPete001 clarethead 2510 BertiesBeehole Stalbansclaret

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 1517 times

Re: Dyche is still the man for the job without a shadow of doubt.

Post by tarkys_ears » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:55 pm

Seek help
These 2 users liked this post: Superjohnnyfrancis BLH_Claret

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:59 pm

But only if he thinks he can

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 332 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:00 pm

Bee beep :oops:

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:03 pm

Oh dear

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5074 times
Has Liked: 6850 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:06 pm

He won't promote youth, what's the point coming to Burnley as a youth player.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Post by Fretters » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:09 pm

We'd be mad to get rid, even when were inevitably relegated. 22 of this season's 24 Championship teams have already lost as many or more games than Dyche has in the entirety of his last TWO seasons at that level.
This user liked this post: Foreverly Claret

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:12 pm

I know. We'll bring in a.n.other and suddenly play like Real Madrid. We'll score oodles of goals every game.

One thing I am convinced about is that Sean Dyche did not select Cornet or WW as transfer targets. He, like many of us doesn't know how to best fit them into this team.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:14 pm

Will the most loyal Dyche fans still be as solid in their support if we are not pushing at the top of the Championship say at Christmas ? ... I also think its wrong to assume that success in 2014 and 2016 will automatically translate to success in 2023.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5074 times
Has Liked: 6850 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:14 pm

He's still got credit in the bank for me, I think he'll be hurting and embarrased as he should be. He needs to completely change his tactics and squad this summer.

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:16 pm

It's a massive task ahead for SD or who ever else. If you treat today match as a championship match for next season then you question how many of this current squad are up to the task ? The championship is littered with teams all once in the top league but still waiting to bounce back (Forest, Rovers, Stoke, Middlesbrough etc etc etc and then further down the leagues Sunderland, Portsmouth, Wigan, Bolton) so the task is tough no doubt. But in our case we now know this type of football even if we bounced back is nowhere near good enough so we have to adapt a different way of playing as well as trying to bounce back. So that means a massive turnaround in the playing squad as well especially considering Tarks is off.
Don't envy anybody in taking this task on its a massive rebuilding job in many ways.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11035 times
Has Liked: 5648 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:16 pm

Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Antoni Conte, Mareclo Bielsa - just 4 examples with me giving it zero thought of managers who did superb jobs but eventually left their jobs because it started to go wrong. It's football, it happens. I'm not arsed if Dyche stays or goes, I'll not lose sleep either way but the football is dreadful far more than it isn't.
These 2 users liked this post: Wokingclaret Jamesy

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6744 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:20 pm

Nice , loyal, OP.
But there is more than a shadow of doubt
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Rumpelstiltskin

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:51 pm
for all those criticising the team and sean dyche, it might be more appropriate to consider the nonsense you spout based on the facts.
How can blame be attributed towards him when we all know and have largely agreed that he has been restricted right throughout his tenure by inadequate finances.
Up against the billionaires running most of our opposing teams, he has got us up, kept us up and has had to oversee an ageing squad with his hands tied.
The media and all managers realise what a task it has been. He never gets flak from them because they can understand the obstacles he faces season in, season out.
Ive said it before, but you could give Pep or klopp the job here and they would inevitably struggle due to the same reasons dyche has.
Our players train and try their best, this season it just hasn't worked out as well as previously. Al the vitriolic abuse towards them is sickening. The opposite of loyalty.
Same thing happens on here time and time again, the haters kick up a storm after a defeat without having one decent alternative. Somehow they know better than the professionals in the game I suppose.
What ********.
Well said :)
These 3 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Foreverly Claret ClaretCliff

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:22 pm

tarkys_ears wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:55 pm
Seek help
**** off !

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:22 pm

These last few years should have been a massive learning curve for Dyche. Appreciating that his hands have likely been tied to a degree, it has been in his control to refresh the team.

We’ve allowed the team to become stale, old and lacking in any ideas. The obvious shortcomings haven’t been addressed and Dyche has to hold his hands up to that, under his watch.

There have been too many filler signings, a lack of continuity planning, signings that appear not to meet requirements (fitting into the framework). Midfield is the most obvious issue that hasn’t been addressed.

We have to remember though that we’ve had a turbulent two or three years with Garlick and Dyche, Covid, the takeover. None of which will have made things any easier for Dyche and his team.

The hope now is that Dyche, in agreeing to his new contract, has a plan in place with Pace for how we push on again, should the seemingly inevitable happen.

Dyche has been brilliant for us and can be again, but he should take a big piece of responsibility should we go down. There is no way, this was the season that we should have gone down.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 795 times
Has Liked: 526 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:22 pm

I hear what you are saying, however you may want to take a look at Claretspice comments in player ratings thread? Even working with what he has got Dyche has been shown to be tactically inept in several key games against relegation contenders this season. Today was a classic example. We flattered a poor Norwich side. For me the jury is out on Dyche. It doesn’t matter whether or not we think he should stay or go though, he will still be manager next year as we cannot afford to pay him off and replace him.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:29 pm

The OP is convinced that Pep and Klopp would have struggled at Burnley for the same reasons Dyche has.

He obviously believes that a lack of tactical awareness from the manager has not been a contributing factor in the team struggling to win key games and score goals.
This user liked this post: Jamesy

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 186 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:29 pm

Dyche managed two top ten finishes on a relatively minuscule budget dwarfed by the likes of Everton. Given the financial backing he has done well. Folk need to consider that vs Palace away post Covid when we win there 1 - 0 we had only Kevin Long on the bench with any EPL experience. The following season we could not keep a journeyman like Hendricks and the only first team signing was Stephens. There was a public feud between chairman and the manager, and now it’s fairly obvious who the good guy was. He told us then that there was money in the bank.

Dyche has always had his shortcomings as have most managers but up to now they have been masked by the ability to knock over the rubbish in the division by nicking one and hanging on for the points. This season it hasn’t worked add in the geriatric nature of the squad 15 out of 24 will be 30 or over on 1st August and you have a recipe for relegation.

Given he is likely to have a pretty savage pay cut my guess is that he won’t be sacked instead he will be picked up by an ambitious Championship club with a decent set up. If Wilder wasn’t there someone like Middlesbrough, or as the season progresses maybe one of the EPL strugglers who will have sacked their manager.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Foreverly Claret

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:30 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:51 pm
What ********.
"Somehow they know better than the professionals in the game I suppose."

Well then, he definitely hasn't been listening to his mates who he gets to watch our games, as they would have told him your midfield is not good enough.

His choice next season

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:33 pm

We could drop down the divisions and people would still make excuses. This crap has been going on for nearly 2 years. At what point do people actually realise he's a busted flush? At what point do people actually stop blaming everything else apart from the manager?

claretandbluesky
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by claretandbluesky » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:34 pm

Most managers would have gone by now given our form.

The problem is SD hasn’t progressed, indeed the side has regressed despite substantial investment.

He only appears to have one style of play which has become easy for opposing managers to counter.

He appears to have favourites who walk back into the side or are undroppable.

There is a feeling of unease indiscipline and lack of effort within the club.

Something doesn’t seem right and SD doesn’t look as if he can motivate the players.

He has done an incredible job and he has 8 more matches to turn it around.

It is possible if he can get the balance of the side right and can motivate the players to give their all.

I hope he succeeds because it means the club prospers, but if we go down without a fight it will be time for him to depart.
These 2 users liked this post: Superjohnnyfrancis tarkys_ears

DanH90
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by DanH90 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:36 pm

I can’t understand the sentiment that the manager is beyond reproach. Of course we can blame the board (old rather than current in my opinion) and a chronic lack of underinvestment over the last few years, but the managers tactical weaknesses are also partially to blame.

Nobody can convince me that Westwood, a player renowned for recycling the ball well when at Villa, cannot do anything other than punt an aimless hoof upfield unless he is being tactically instructed to by the manager.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:39 pm

Let’s not kid ourselves, whoever is the manager next season it’s going to be tough ,can’t see us being anywhere near the top two with or without Dyche

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:40 pm

DanH90 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:36 pm
I can’t understand the sentiment that the manager is beyond reproach.
I don’t think that’s the case though. Who is arguing that?

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:22 pm
I hear what you are saying, however you may want to take a look at Claretspice comments in player ratings thread? Even working with what he has got Dyche has been shown to be tactically inept in several key games against relegation contenders this season. Today was a classic example. We flattered a poor Norwich side. For me the jury is out on Dyche. It doesn’t matter whether or not we think he should stay or go though, he will still be manager next year as we cannot afford to pay him off and replace him.
yes, that's how it works. I'll reverse my opinions based on what someone said on the players ratings.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:43 pm

couple of things on finances:

In the last couple of windows he brought in a Keeper, RB,CB,RW,CF - at least two of those we weren't desperate for. He's had enough finance to bring in at least one midfielder and hasn't because of his blind faith in the players we have (that historically have done very well for us....but age can't be beaten)

Everton are proof throwing loads of money at it isn't always a recipe for success.

As much as I praised Dyche for his successes he is absolutely getting the finger pointed at him when things are as bad as they are.

claret2018
Been Liked: 810 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:48 pm

He’s done well in the past but some of you are seriously brainwashed.
These 3 users liked this post: Superjohnnyfrancis Shaggy BLH_Claret

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:50 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:40 pm
I don’t think that’s the case though. Who is arguing that?
The OP basically said Klopp or Pep would not have been able to do the job that he has done with the budget he has had. So rightly or wrongly he puts Dyche above their level of aptitude and other fans seem to agree with him going off the amount of likes he has received.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:50 pm
The OP basically said Klopp or Pep would not have been able to do the job that he has done with the budget he has had. So rightly or wrongly he puts Dyche above their level of aptitude and other fans seem to agree with him going off the amount of likes he has received.
Who is saying he is beyond reproach?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:58 pm

Some people are struggling with the concept of letting go akin to a marriage that’s runs it course & is no longer happy, some fans torture meant in a mild sense will continue regardless the means to pay him out is problematic as a understatement & he still retains the backing from a dwindling hardcore element. Everybody but them will be popping the corks out on the champagne bottles the day the P45 happens.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:59 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:53 pm
Who is saying he is beyond reproach?
Seems pretty clear to me

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:59 pm

claret2018 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:48 pm
He’s done well in the past but some of you are seriously brainwashed.
I don't think they are brainwashed, they just have separation issues :lol: ;)
This user liked this post: Superjohnnyfrancis

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:01 pm

The Dyche inners might become like a fanatical version of daesh if Putin comes to these shores. Bit like the dirty dozen.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 pm

DYche isnt the man and hasnt been for the last couple of years. The hoofball is terrible to watch, our squad is small, old and stale. There is nothing close to prospects coming through either. Whoever else is in next is going to need to be given time to clean up Dyche's mess. When he takes us down this time we will be in a worse state than when he joined us.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:15 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 pm
DYche isnt the man and hasnt been for the last couple of years. The hoofball is terrible to watch, our squad is small, old and stale. There is nothing close to prospects coming through either. Whoever else is in next is going to need to be given time to clean up Dyche's mess. When he takes us down this time we will be in a worse state than when he joined us.
So you think building the academy has been a complete waste of money if we are in a worse state?

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:22 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:15 pm
So you think building the academy has been a complete waste of money if we are in a worse state?
Squad wise, when Dyche arrived he had a very good squad at his disposal. When he takes us down this time its going to be a shambles, he's not able to sort out he will want to extend the likes of bardsley and lennons contract. Dyche has done good for us in the past but stayed far too long and has now sucked the life out of the place. Survival hoofball is all we aspire too. The cups are seen as a taboo on Dyche's head. we cant have a cup run with a small squad that Dyche insists on ha having ( probably unable to keep a larger squad happy as he's so rigid and stuck in his ways and wont change anything )

People want change, fresh air from the stench of Ginger Dyche

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:28 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:22 pm
Squad wise, when Dyche arrived he had a very good squad at his disposal. When he takes us down this time its going to be a shambles, he's not able to sort out he will want to extend the likes of bardsley and lennons contract. Dyche has done good for us in the past but stayed far too long and has now sucked the life out of the place. Survival hoofball is all we aspire too. The cups are seen as a taboo on Dyche's head. we cant have a cup run with a small squad that Dyche insists on ha having ( probably unable to keep a larger squad happy as he's so rigid and stuck in his ways and wont change anything )

People want change, fresh air from the stench of Ginger Dyche
Whatever anyones views on Dyche and whether or not he should stay or go, the least he deserves is some respect. He’s earned that and more, by the bucketload.

Referring to him still being with us as the stench of Ginger Dyche is anything but that.
These 4 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Foreverly Claret BertiesBeehole Stalbansclaret

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:35 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:28 pm
Whatever anyones views on Dyche and whether or not he should stay or go, the least he deserves is some respect. He’s earned that and more, by the bucketload.

Referring to him still being with us as the stench of Ginger Dyche is anything but that.
why? I cannot wait until he leaves the club, we play the most boring predictable hoofball in the football leagues. the past 18 months in particular have been horrendous for any fan to put up with. he has to go. We all know no other club wants him either.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:39 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:35 pm
why? I cannot wait until he leaves the club, we play the most boring predictable hoofball in the football leagues. the past 18 months in particular have been horrendous for any fan to put up with. he has to go. We all know no other club wants him either.
That’s fine, you’re more than entitled to that opinion. I think it’s fair to acknowledge though, that prior to this last eighteen months, he’s been the man at the helm for the most successful period, that the majority of Burnley fans have witnessed.

That deserves some respect.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret boatshed bill

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:10 am

Imagine telling someone ten years ago… a manager is going to come in, take us into the premier league, ultimately lead us to 6 consecutive seasons at the top level, including qualifying for a European competition and two top ten finishes. Imagine telling that person that after doing this, there will be Burnley fans who aren’t convinced of Dyche as a manager to the extent ‘the jury is still out’.

It’s bonkers. I guess it’s typical of football fans. But it is bonkers.
These 4 users liked this post: gawthorpe_view Foreverly Claret BertiesBeehole Stalbansclaret

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:23 am

Indecisive wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:10 am
Imagine telling someone ten years ago… a manager is going to come in, take us into the premier league, ultimately lead us to 6 consecutive seasons at the top level, including qualifying for a European competition and two top ten finishes. Imagine telling that person that after doing this, there will be Burnley fans who aren’t convinced of Dyche as a manager to the extent ‘the jury is still out’.

It’s bonkers. I guess it’s typical of football fans. But it is bonkers.
he's done a great job absolutely no question about that whatsoever. However, he earns over 70K per week as an employee in an organisation and is not producing results - that's the stone cold truth of the matter. If you (generic not aimed at you Indecisive) think that professional football is anything other than a business then you are mistaken.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:28 am

Tend to agree at least until what seems like the inevitable relegation comes.

I do disagree though that it is without a shadow of doubt based on Dyche's performance this season.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:44 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:23 am
he's done a great job absolutely no question about that whatsoever. However, he earns over 70K per week as an employee in an organisation and is not producing results - that's the stone cold truth of the matter. If you (generic not aimed at you Indecisive) think that professional football is anything other than a business then you are mistaken.
If assessing a professional in a corporate setting you would look at how well they had done by considering the resources they had at their disposal, and the market conditions.

There’s plenty on here who would have sacked Dyche within six months of him joining. We’d never have experienced the European competition and top ten finishes without him. His success has been phenomenal.

Every reasonable person can surely see we are suffering due to the lack of investment over the previous 3 seasons.

It is saddening to read the venom with which some on here talk about Dyche and the team. It’s completely unwarranted.
These 2 users liked this post: gawthorpe_view Lord_Bob

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:28 am

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:06 pm
He won't promote youth, what's the point coming to Burnley as a youth player.
What's the point in going to any premier league team as a youth player, odds are even if you're quality you're more likely to be sold than get a run in the first team.

At this level when every game has such huge stakes we simply do not have the time or luxury to give youth players minutes just to see if they can handle it at this level. Our very identity is about veteran players who've been there and done it, not lads who've only encountered most of the teams we face on FIFA.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:14 am

Indecisive wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:44 am
If assessing a professional in a corporate setting you would look at how well they had done by considering the resources they had at their disposal, and the market conditions.

There’s plenty on here who would have sacked Dyche within six months of him joining. We’d never have experienced the European competition and top ten finishes without him. His success has been phenomenal.

Every reasonable person can surely see we are suffering due to the lack of investment over the previous 3 seasons.

It is saddening to read the venom with which some on here talk about Dyche and the team. It’s completely unwarranted.
No not having the finance line - he signed a RB and CB we didn't immediately require (we only got WW because Wood left and we needed a Winger in Cornet) - that money (14 million ?) should and could have been spent on a midfielder. He's had money to get us away from depending on ageing midfielders. If he prioritized those positions over a midfielder (which looks like he did) then it's even more of damning case I'm afraid.

Yes his past success has been truly remarkable - Wenger went the season undefeated with Arsenal, Jose and Conte won the league with Chelsea etc etc and it all ended for them too. You are judged on the here and now whether we like or agree with it or not. Don't get me wrong, whatever happens and whenever he leaves he absolutely deserves a statue and he 100% shouldn't get any abuse......but as you say, football fans !

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:25 am

joey13 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:39 pm
Let’s not kid ourselves, whoever is the manager next season it’s going to be tough ,can’t see us being anywhere near the top two with or without Dyche
Your 100% right. Midfield in the champ has got to the target next season.

I genuinely can’t remember there ever being a bigger rebuild than ours in the summer.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:38 am

one other thing I'd like to point out about abuse because Indecisive makes a very valid point about it. The one thing I absolutely despise about the history of our club is the abuse that Jimmy Mullen got. For him to still not want to come back and get the standing ovation he so richly deserves is heart breaking - something we all should remember and acknowledge in these times.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:56 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:14 am
No not having the finance line - he signed a RB and CB we didn't immediately require (we only got WW because Wood left and we needed a Winger in Cornet) - that money (14 million ?) should and could have been spent on a midfielder. He's had money to get us away from depending on ageing midfielders. If he prioritized those positions over a midfielder (which looks like he did) then it's even more of damning case I'm afraid.
To me it looks like Dyche was given money in a window(s) which must be spent or it disappears.
A midfielder that would fit the team/fee/wages/wants to come does not materialize. So next sensible thing is to look at positions that will need refreshing in the next year or to and do it in advance.
And with a squad our age with current contracts that's nearly everyone.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:08 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:56 am
To me it looks like Dyche was given money in a window(s) which must be spent or it disappears.
A midfielder that would fit the team/fee/wages/wants to come does not materialize. So next sensible thing is to look at positions that will need refreshing in the next year or to and do it in advance.
And with a squad our age with current contracts that's nearly everyone.
The money was there and was spent, just on the wrong people. To think we couldn't get a younger more able midfielder from anywhere in the world is nonsense. At worst we could have brought someone in on loan but we all know Dyche has his favourites and that has been part of our downfall.