Well done Alan Pace

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Loyal Supporter
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Re: Well done Alan Pace

Post by Loyal Supporter » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:10 pm
wow bet your fun at parties... sound old, boring and scared of change.
Absolutely typical of the thickos that follow Burnley. Plenty of "would of", "probs", "your" instead of you're.
Your opinions count for nothing with genuine Burnley fans. Also guys, have you ever heard of capital letters and full stops? I would love to have your job applications in front of me. Thick!

Shaggy
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:54 pm

Loyal Supporter wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 pm
Absolutely typical of the thickos that follow Burnley. Plenty of "would of", "probs", "your" instead of you're.
Your opinions count for nothing with genuine Burnley fans. Also guys, have you ever heard of capital letters and full stops? I would love to have your job applications in front of me. Thick!
That another one triggered :lol: not been a good day for yous huh?

yeah like you'd ever be smart enough to be my boss :lol: cant remember the last time i had an interview where i needed to be in a whistle and flute, or actually send in a CV for that matter...

anyway lets all revel in the doom being lifted from the club. no more hoofball :mrgreen:

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:58 pm

bumba wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:20 pm
Well done Alan Pace and his team you've shown you've balls of steel when we need it, you've sacked a failing club Legend when many wouldn't of. Bring in the right man and you've given us a real chance of staying up!
Your stocks risen with me, keep up the good work and bring the right man in to save our club!
Yes well done Alan. You have just sacked a man that you gave a handsome four year deal to only a few months ago. Business acumen……. none.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:00 pm

bumba wrote:
Well done Alan Pace and his team you've shown you've balls of steel when we need it, you've sacked a failing club Legend when many wouldn't of. Bring in the right man and you've given us a real chance of staying up!
Your stocks risen with me, keep up the good work and bring the right man in to save our club!
Nurse nurse. Keep taking the pills.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6775 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:01 pm

Loyal Supporter wrote:
This is a disgusting post. Who do you think you are coming on here with that sort of comment?
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 547 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:04 pm

Imagine congratulating Pace on removing the man who turned the club around, and took us to places many of us never thought we’d see.

Also ridiculous timing, and he had Brought us up from the championship twice already . Absolutely brain dead decision regardless of performance of late.

What did people think would happen with the squad if next to no first team additions were made for so long? It ages, it gets slower and less competitive . Neglect from above hindered Dyche from start to end.

The guy was an absolute dream for us, the perfect fit. I’m not sure who can take us on from here at the moment but hopefully we get it right. But Dyche for me was still the man
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:06 pm

Loyal Supporter wrote:
Get a grip you patronising prick. People have differing opinions to your own, and I’d love to hear why your opinions have more value?
This user liked this post: Murger

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1033 times
Has Liked: 1522 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:16 pm

How does anyone know that Dyche would want another go in the championship?

Might have had something to do with the decision.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:19 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:06 pm
Get a grip you patronising prick. People have differing opinions to your own, and I’d love to hear why your opinions have more value?
Because he's not thick as pig sh1t like the others?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:21 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:40 pm
Lancaster- I’ve never understood the argument that if you can’t name a suitable replacement for Dyche instantly off the top of your head, then there isn’t anyone able to take the job on. After all, how many of us would have suggested Dyche when Howe got potted? Probably not a single one of us.

I don’t agree with Dyche going now. The timing is wrong for a start, and he was the best person to get us promoted. It would have been far easier for ALK to sack Dyche after relegation, which prompts the question, why now?

I don’t buy the club statement that sacking Dyche is the best way to keep us up. After all, Dyche has kept us up for the past 5 seasons. The club statement only holds water if players have gone to Pace and given an ultimatum of sorts, or if Dyche has lost the dressing room, which has prompted the decision today.

I suppose we’ll never really know. It’s a sad day for sure, but no-one is bigger than the club.

UTC
More of a general whinge about where we are now tbh

If a replacement is named asap, then it makes sense

If one isn't, then it doesn't

I'm sure something has gone on, and its not a surprise that people are speculating, and you are 100% right that no one is bigger than the club

All that is true, but if the replacement is Big Sam on a short term deal, I'll be letting others support the side as I can't face that over the remaining games

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: TsarBomba bobinho

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1189 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:22 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:13 pm
Sean did the best he could with what he'd got.
I'm finding it difficult to imagine how athe new bloke will even get near to doing as well as has.
If replacements don't come in, we're screwed and have just sacked a bloke with a fabulous championship record. It doesn't make sense.
Best wasn't good enough, let's just see what happens with a new appointment & fresh ideas, dyche did well previously but was running the club into the ground & things couldn't continue.

NickBFC
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 291 times

Post by NickBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:26 pm

Whatever our thoughts, the best thing we as fans can do, is to get behind the players (and the new manager) and see where it takes us. Heck we might yet stay up, however unlikely, but if the noise from the stands is toxic then there's only one place we're heading.
This user liked this post: tiger76

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:41 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:21 pm
More of a general whinge about where we are now tbh

If a replacement is named asap, then it makes sense

If one isn't, then it doesn't

I'm sure something has gone on, and its not a surprise that people are speculating, and you are 100% right that no one is bigger than the club

All that is true, but if the replacement is Big Sam on a short term deal, I'll be letting others support the side as I can't face that over the remaining games

UTC
I absolutely agree re Big Sam.

If we go down a Bruce/Pardew/Allardyce route it will be a farce.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Post by bumba » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:44 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:03 pm
Goes without saying that the Dyche out lot are completely incapable of naming a replacement that will magically change our team into one that will easily survive relegation

Bit like Brexit really, celebrating it like mad but not having a plan that works to replace it
I'll bet my mortgage you didn't name Dyche as the man to takeover when he did?
It's not our job to decide who takes over but what's blatantly obvious is what wasn't working

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:46 pm

Time will no doubt tell whether sacking Dyche now was the right move.
Much will depend on how the players respond over the next 2 or 3 games.
And, to a possibly lesser degree, what the starting eleven will be.

It's difficult not to think there's an element of panic and naivety.
about the decision especially the timing.

Whatever it's the beginning of a new era for Burnley Football Club and its' fans
Let's hope it's going to be a pretty good future albeit
I feel like we're stepping into the unknown and things could get much worse afore they get better.

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:38 pm
I'm perfectly calm mate

Anyway, enough with basic comparisons that clearly cut far too close to the bone for some of you

What is the plan now you have achieved what you wanted? (that is more general claretandbluesky, as I have no idea if you wanted him out or not)
The plan now is to stay up obviously. Alan Pace has now given us a better chance

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:51 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:43 pm
Thanks, it wasn't that hard was it?

Farke, no

Jokanovich is interesting, but he's really not done anything and bombed pretty spectacularly at Sheff United

I agree with the whole restart thing btw, but my choice would be Russell Martin from Swansea
Russell Martin is a good shout. He’d have to rebuild quite a bit of the team though, his football is very possession focused.

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:52 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:13 pm
Sean did the best he could with what he'd got.
I'm finding it difficult to imagine how athe new bloke will even get near to doing as well as has.
If replacements don't come in, we're screwed and have just sacked a bloke with a fabulous championship record. It doesn't make sense.
Sorry but it's bull**it, no way is rigid 442 hoofball the best those players can do every week, it's beyond a joke how boring and predictable it is. We're an analysist dream they'd just give the same sheet from the previous year that's why we are 18th. He had time to change, Pace brought him the players to change, Dyche stayed the same he had to go. Lots of players were leaving because of him

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 2923 times

Post by burnleymik » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:56 pm

The question is could we tempt one of the better mangers right now because of our Premier League status (no matter how precarious it is) vs at the end of the season if we were already relegated, which seemed more than likely.

If Pace and co. have got a permanent good level replacement waiting in the wings then fair enough I can see the logic in the timing to some extent, but if they have done this as a knee-jerk and try and bring in some interim manager like Allardyce then it's absolutely crazy.
This user liked this post: tiger76

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6775 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:02 pm

For me this is where the wheels fell off:

Burnley manager Sean Dyche is unhappy with the club over their reluctance to extend the contracts of several senior players whose deals expire this month. Five players are out of contract at Turf Moor on the 30th June, including Phil Bardsley and Jeff Hendrick, but the club have so far only offered them one-month extensions to enable them to play until the planned completion date of the Premier League on the 26th July.

Dyche is understood to have expressed his frustration to chairman Mike Garlick and ......

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:16 pm

bumba wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:52 pm
Sorry but it's bull**it, no way is rigid 442 hoofball the best those players can do every week, it's beyond a joke how boring and predictable it is. We're an analysist dream they'd just give the same sheet from the previous year that's why we are 18th. He had time to change, Pace brought him the players to change, Dyche stayed the same he had to go. Lots of players were leaving because of him
“Pace bought him the players to change “😂 granted Cornets done well and we have Wout who hasn’t, oh and we sold our CF for 25m. Pace is prepping for the champ and stripping the wage bill and will no doubt cash in the few assets we do have ie Cornet and ( possibly ?) Pope .

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:22 pm

I have a lot of respect for Alan Pace but I have a lot more for SD. Sure, the Championship looks a likely destination for next season but who is better to get us back up again? Whilst playing Dycheball we went our last full half Champ season without a defeat, and there are very few managers that can say that. We were always going to go down at some point because we cannot compete financially with most clubs in the Prem and Champs, but I feel Mr Pace has swung the axe at exactly the wrong time; when we go down, was it because of Mr Pace or SD? Both 'sides' will have the high ground but the club will, ultimately, suffer.

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:40 pm

If we stay up, the 'Dyche FC' fans will say he would have done the same. If we go down, none of it will be the ex-managers fault, just the boards.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 782 times
Has Liked: 1437 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:48 pm

BennyD wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:22 pm
I have a lot of respect for Alan Pace but I have a lot more for SD. Sure, the Championship looks a likely destination for next season but who is better to get us back up again? Whilst playing Dycheball we went our last full half Champ season without a defeat, and there are very few managers that can say that. We were always going to go down at some point because we cannot compete financially with most clubs in the Prem and Champs, but I feel Mr Pace has swung the axe at exactly the wrong time; when we go down, was it because of Mr Pace or SD? Both 'sides' will have the high ground but the club will, ultimately, suffer.
I wouldn’t blame either if we go down. If we don’t get back up in 2 seasons then Pace has blown it and we won’t see this league for a long time.

In fairness seeing any league will be a bonus.

Well done everyone who wanted Dyche out and wanted the club to be taken over, You missed out on the good old days.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:53 pm

bumba wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:35 pm
If we go down we can rebuild with a new manager with a new style, Pace has shown he can bring quality players in.
If we kept Dyche we could and most likely would of gone down then spent the championship with the same style to come back up and carry on in the same style, if anyone thinks he will change after ten years there wrong. It'll show at his next club when it's 442 rigid again.
Pace has given us a fighting chance if we go down were no worse off but maybe just maybe a new manager bounce will get us enough wins to stay up
Has he though? What quality? Weghorst? Who has a return worse than Wood? Roberts? Who's getting huge pelters all over the board at the moment. Cornet? Who's missed two sitters in the two games he's actually turned up in since January? Collins? Who's doing OK but hardly world beating?

I'm not saying they are poor but anyone would think the myth that Dyche only signs Iver the hill "good lads" and the new owners are changing that is actually true.

I really can't believe the amount of utter utter shite posted today about how Dyche cant set up a team properly, how the players have lost faith, how Dyche only signs has beens, how he only wants to extend contracts to old faves.

Yep we are in a rut here but that's largely down to our inability to properly strengthen as the team aged.

This decision is purely down to Pace and his cronies panicking as they see relegation looming. If they truly thought changing manager was goignt o work they should have doe this after Huddersfield or Watford

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 516 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:53 pm

Loyal Supporter wrote:
Please define the term "genuine Burnley fan" Would love to know your criteria. I hope my grammar and spelling is up to your standards..after all i may use this board to apply for my next job.

longsidetrumpet
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by longsidetrumpet » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:18 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:35 pm
If we go down we can rebuild with a new manager with a new style, Pace has shown he can bring quality players in.
If we kept Dyche we could and most likely would of gone down then spent the championship with the same style to come back up and carry on in the same style, if anyone thinks he will change after ten years there wrong. It'll show at his next club when it's 442 rigid again.
Pace has given us a fighting chance if we go down were no worse off but maybe just maybe a new manager bounce will get us enough wins to stay up
*of = have numb skull

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2329 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:23 am

I disagree but I’m unhappy with those being silenced

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:46 am

Remember Brian Laws?
I'm praying there is a plan for a replacement who has more idea than "our Brian"!

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 2702 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:49 am

By effectively making Dyche available to clubs ambitious for promotion from the Championship next season, he's almost certainly halved the number of automatic spots on offer.

So even if we haven't imploded, we'll be competing for the one remaining slot.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:00 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:49 am
By effectively making Dyche available to clubs ambitious for promotion from the Championship next season, he's almost certainly halved the number of automatic spots on offer.

So even if we haven't imploded, we'll be competing for the one remaining slot.
You are mistakenly assuming had he remained he would have been given the budget to be competitive for promotion in the championship, he was on that much money & with the funding required for strengthening I don't think the money would have been there for him so that within itself would have led to more problems later down the line.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2329 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:28 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Goes without saying that the Dyche out lot are completely incapable of naming a replacement that will magically change our team into one that will easily survive relegation

Bit like Brexit really, celebrating it like mad but not having a plan that works to replace it
There will be a connection between the two, I’d put money on it and anti vaccine :lol:

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 2702 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:33 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:00 am
You are mistakenly assuming had he remained he would have been given the budget to be competitive for promotion in the championship,

You're arguing for the sake of it.

Dyche got us promoted twice on peanuts.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:35 am

longsidetrumpet wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:18 am
*of = have numb skull
Awww would you like a tissue?

bumba

Post by bumba » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:38 am

BabylonClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:53 pm
Has he though? What quality? Weghorst? Who has a return worse than Wood? Roberts? Who's getting huge pelters all over the board at the moment. Cornet? Who's missed two sitters in the two games he's actually turned up in since January? Collins? Who's doing OK but hardly world beating?

I'm not saying they are poor but anyone would think the myth that Dyche only signs Iver the hill "good lads" and the new owners are changing that is actually true.

I really can't believe the amount of utter utter shite posted today about how Dyche cant set up a team properly, how the players have lost faith, how Dyche only signs has beens, how he only wants to extend contracts to old faves.

Yep we are in a rut here but that's largely down to our inability to properly strengthen as the team aged.

This decision is purely down to Pace and his cronies panicking as they see relegation looming. If they truly thought changing manager was goignt o work they should have doe this after Huddersfield or Watford
Weghorst is a class act but Dyche didn't want to play to his strengths, Roberts is a wing back, Cornet is best in a front 3, he's trying to change all these players to fit in to his rigid 442, all the I can only work with what I've got is rubbish. He will always play the same regardless he's shown over the years he can't vary to much from it.
We've a squad much more capable of playing more attractive football and getting better results so if we're not doing who's fault is it?
He's a legend in my eyes but all the no man can do better attitude's are laughable

bumba

Post by bumba » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:41 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:33 am

Doesn't mean he would again, doesn't mean somebody else won't.

Doesn't mean were even going to get relegated. If we beat West Ham tomorrow we are back in with a real shout of staying up, appoint the right man and get a bounce and we could easily win the next 2/3 then it's all to play for

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:46 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:33 am

I'm not arguing with anybody.

Gibbo
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Gibbo » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:07 am

Let us not forget that Pace is a businessman, looking to make a profit. You only make a profit with success. Whatever you think, only time will tell if it was the right call. I would suggest it was a very difficult call to make and whilst the loss to Norwich may have contributed, I feel other factors are equally important.
All those phone calls asking why people had not renewed their season tickets I guess would have produced a telling answer. I for one was considering not renewing.
Let's not kid ourselves, after the Norwich result we are relegated but that does not mean the end of the world for BFC. I suspect many of us have seen the same predictable 442 formation with Dyce playing the same old players and complained about his inflexible nature.
Bringing in a new manager now allows time for a new manager, getting prepared for a full transfer window and life in the Championship.
Pace as I have said, is a businessman who is looking to grow the club. He was not going to do that by keeping Dyce and that is the reality. Exciting times.

Terrier
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 124 times

Post by Terrier » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:16 am

Most on here were taken on the turf as children, i was and so was my son, bfc are a big part of most of our lives, doubt if pace had heard of us until recently and so when it goes **** up he will walk, a little less money in the bank but that is that,back to the states and make more dosh.
Not sure what people expected dyche to achieve with the funds available whilst in and around a billionaires playground but most respected ex pro's can not believe what pace has just done!
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

Stu
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by Stu » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:23 am

Gibbo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:07 am
Let us not forget that Pace is a businessman, looking to make a profit. You only make a profit with success. Whatever you think, only time will tell if it was the right call. I would suggest it was a very difficult call to make and whilst the loss to Norwich may have contributed, I feel other factors are equally important.
All those phone calls asking why people had not renewed their season tickets I guess would have produced a telling answer. I for one was considering not renewing.
Let's not kid ourselves, after the Norwich result we are relegated but that does not mean the end of the world for BFC. I suspect many of us have seen the same predictable 442 formation with Dyce playing the same old players and complained about his inflexible nature.
Bringing in a new manager now allows time for a new manager, getting prepared for a full transfer window and life in the Championship.
Pace as I have said, is a businessman who is looking to grow the club. He was not going to do that by keeping Dyce and that is the reality. Exciting times.
Pace might be a businessman but he as no idea about football and he is running a football club. He as just got rid of the man that would have the best chance of getting us back up . Not good business in my book.
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

bumba

Post by bumba » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:47 am

Stu wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:23 am
Pace might be a businessman but he as no idea about football and he is running a football club. He as just got rid of the man that would have the best chance of getting us back up . Not good business in my book.
What are those best chances based on?
Do you really think an ageing old team, feeling stale, bored of training with respect for Woan and co dwindling are going to pull off a miracle and achieve promotion?
Personally I think if he stayed and it all stayed as it were that we could of been fighting relegation again next season in the championship.
With this decision we've a fighting chance of survival, pick the right man and I think we're nailed on to survive

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:53 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:

You make it sound like we weren't doomed to relegation under Dyche.... we were well and truly ******

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:54 am

LancasterClaret - there’s a thread with many many names on it titled ‘Next manager’, perhaps you should take a look at that.

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:57 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:00 am
You are mistakenly assuming had he remained he would have been given the budget to be competitive for promotion in the championship, he was on that much money & with the funding required for strengthening I don't think the money would have been there for him so that within itself would have led to more problems later down the line.
What? How does that even make sense? If there's no money for Dyche then how will there be money for someone else whe we've to pay them as well as paying off Dyche?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:58 am

The timing is odd, lets not kid ourselves though, we've been pathetic on the pitch for close to 2 years. Limp performance after limp performance, barely a shot on target against Brentford, Norwich (twice), Watford, Newcastle. They were supposed to be cup final 6 pointers and we couldn't even turn up in those games.

For all Dyche achieved, managers don't survive and come back from losing the dressing room and stale feeling amongst the team. Once the players are unwilling to give their all, the manager is toast.
This user liked this post: Downhamclaret

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:06 am

bumba wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:38 am
Weghorst is a class act but Dyche didn't want to play to his strengths, Roberts is a wing back, Cornet is best in a front 3, he's trying to change all these players to fit in to his rigid 442, all the I can only work with what I've got is rubbish. He will always play the same regardless he's shown over the years he can't vary to much from it.
We've a squad much more capable of playing more attractive football and getting better results so if we're not doing who's fault is it?
He's a legend in my eyes but all the no man can do better attitude's are laughable
Weghorst - yeah he has a nice touch but right now I don't see a player at Premier League level. This myth that ee don't play to his feet is nonsense. Sure he's had high balls to deal with but there's plenty to his chest or into his feet. 9 times out of 10 he loses it. Cornet is similar. He had a lot of space early doors with Wood occupying defenders but once players get round him he's much less effective than McNeil in keeping the ball.

Roberts - looked decent early doors but for the last 4 before he was hooked he looked poor. Probably confidence but for a wing back he got **** all past the first man. Lowton's delivery is better and that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

I think we have some players who might coalesce but thus revisionist ******** that Dyche has got players he didn't want and therefore deliberately plays them in a way that makes them worse is bonkers.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this new and improved Burnley where Weghorst is drilling them in for fun though.

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:15 am

bumba wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:47 am
What are those best chances based on?
Do you really think an ageing old team, feeling stale, bored of training with respect for Woan and co dwindling are going to pull off a miracle and achieve promotion?
Personally I think if he stayed and it all stayed as it were that we could of been fighting relegation again next season in the championship.
With this decision we've a fighting chance of survival, pick the right man and I think we're nailed on to survive
We are 4 points adrift with only 8 left and with a team that you think will get relegated from the Championship? How do you come to your "nailed on to stay up" conclusion?

"Pick the right man"? Noone worth his salt is coming to a club in our position right now. It will someone from the following:

1. Out of work
2. Someone with no managerial experience
3. Someone who has a reputation for short term fixes

Forget the idea that we are poaching a decent upcoming manager from another club. Not happening

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:23 am

brexit wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:32 pm
They won't accept that BFC is a commercial enterprise which has made a decision because they want to keep the club as a viable commercial concern.
BFC is not a football club it is a commercial opportunity where revenues need to be maximized Dyche's tactics and decisions threatened that goal so the the threat was removed.
Keep as a viable commercial concern? That might have been easier had the money not been used by the owners to buy the club.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:25 am

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:15 am
We are 4 points adrift with only 8 left and with a team that you think will get relegated from the Championship? How do you come to your "nailed on to stay up" conclusion?

"Pick the right man"? Noone worth his salt is coming to a club in our position right now. It will someone from the following:

1. Out of work
2. Someone with no managerial experience
3. Someone who has a reputation for short term fixes

Forget the idea that we are poaching a decent upcoming manager from another club. Not happening
Pick the right man who will give them a lift and get new manager bounce results and 3 wins would keep us up, that's how close it could be. The right man just might get a final push from these guys.
If things stayed as they are no players were going to resign for Dyche and players turn us down because of the style of football and tactics so yeah I believe we may of gone in to another relegation battle

Stacky_claret
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 224 times

Post by Stacky_claret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:36 am

bumba wrote:
It's not necessarily his departure just the manner and timing of his departure. The fact that the people in charge for the next 3 games are IMO not as able as our ex manager and his team to gain points from the next 3 games 2 of which are very winnable
I know Norwich was as abysmal as everton was great wh