Mike Jackson

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Quicknick
Been Liked: 1218 times
Has Liked: 7202 times

Re: Mike Jackson

Post by Quicknick » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:27 am

Just keep it game by game. I suspect that's how he wants it.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:03 am

If a better manager is available, bring him in.

Lose to Wolves and all of a sudden we’ll be asking why we have an inexperienced, failed lower league manager in charge during an absolutely vital period for the club.

I enjoyed last night as much as anyone else by the way, and the team and the staff did a great job.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:20 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:03 am
If a better manager is available, bring him in.

Lose to Wolves and all of a sudden we’ll be asking why we have an inexperienced, failed lower league manager in charge during an absolutely vital period for the club.

I enjoyed last night as much as anyone else by the way, and the team and the staff did a great job.
Think I tend to agree with this. No doubt Jackson has done well. But a New manager doesn’t need to re-invent the wheel right now, though that extra tactical awareness could be the key across these next 6 games. But it depends if a new manager is available now to come in for the long term, I don’t see the point in just an interim.

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:23 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:04 pm
Also loved the telling the players to walk off the pitch together at the end, little things to encourage being a team again. He wont get the job and he shouldnt as it would be too much for him but what an 8 games he may have, going down in Burnley folklore
Really? If he keeps us up when we looked doomed after the Norwich game he should definitely be considered if he's interested. He's doing a great job and given us all hope that we can do this!

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:27 am

Great atmosphere and attacking intent from the off helped get the crowd behind the team early doors.

Great performance from McNeil after looking really low on confidence lately.

Tarky - just awesome. Will be gutted to lose him but nobody can say he hasn’t given absolutely everything this season.

Collins - could well be our next 30m player in a year or two. As others have said, a Rolls Royce of a defender.

Special mention for Brownhills corners, caused them problems all night.

I didn’t want Dyche to go as I thought he was best placed to get us back up, BUT I do have to admit the players did seem to be play with a bit more freedom. Don’t think we should be upsetting the applecart. Let’s get through Wolves first but whether it’s Jackson, Jenkins or Mee’s influence, it seems to be working. As Columba Coyle would say, “long may it continue!”

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:29 am

I don't think its sensible to give him the job till the end of the season, but I also don't think its an appointment we should rush

One game at a time seems to be working well so far so why change it?
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret Pearcey

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:30 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:20 am
Think I tend to agree with this. No doubt Jackson has done well. But a New manager doesn’t need to re-invent the wheel right now, though that extra tactical awareness could be the key across these next 6 games. But it depends if a new manager is available now to come in for the long term, I don’t see the point in just an interim.
He showed enough tactical nous to bring on Lowton for McNeil and shut up shop, something Dyche failed to do.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:30 am

Bit too early to get carried away but it does show we don't need to panic and make a quick signing. I like the interview by him, he gives the team all the credit and plays down his part in it. Very humble and down to earth, would love to see us move onwards and upwards under his guidance. Defiitely something has changed, I love what SD has done for the club but his tactics had become stale and obvious.

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:31 am

Agree with Duffer.... I'm sure Ben Mee has been instrumental in our turn of fortunes. He deserves total respect from all Clarets Fans and speaking of the fans they were fantastic getting behind the lads and as Mike Jones said the fans are so important, making the Turf a difficult place to come and getting it "bouncing". I'm beginning to like that word!

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:32 am

Murger wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:30 am
He showed enough tactical nous to bring on Lowton for McNeil and shut up shop, something Dyche failed to do.
Yeah fair point. Another slight tactical tweak is leaving Cornet up from corners. That’s how we won the penalty at West Ham and then last night Pope picked him out with a fantastic long kick, which ultimately MC didn’t manage to make something from but was 1 on 1. It’s something I never understood with Dyche, not having one player up, especially someone with the threat of Cornet.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:34 am

What MJ is doing at the minute is excellent. His media interactions have been calm and composed, his little bits with the players have been noticeable and correct ie tactical tweaks of leaving the wingers further forward, trusting the players on the ball and one v one defensively. Also I like how he’s made it all about them and not him. This is visible in interviews and also when he and his staff got the players in a huddle and then quickly left the pitch, before the players, so they got the attention.

What he is doing is giving Pace time to make the best / most considered decision on our next manager. If that’s this next week, a month or the end of the season so be it. I’m ok taking this one game at a time as MJ is doing well.

He’s not the answer long term but he is showing to be a calm, considered, safe and excellent stand in.
This user liked this post: Cleveleys_claret

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:23 am
Really? If he keeps us up when we looked doomed after the Norwich game he should definitely be considered if he's interested. He's doing a great job and given us all hope that we can do this!
I am not against it, but lets be honest, this group are self managing, there arent many divides I would imagine in the camp, you saw last night the impact not just Mee but Bardsley must be having on the group, helping Jackson. A pre season and a full season would be much different, where are his contacts? what foreign player would be attracted to the thought of playing for him, this is in no way disrespectful, its just little things which can give you the edge on signing better players, which is what we will need to do.

And agreed....LETS DO IT!!!!!!!

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by leelad » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:07 am

I get the impression that the experienced players in the group are interacting well with Jackson (Mee, Bardsley)and allowing him not to get too involved with the day to day side of management. A management style based on consensus instead of committee. I just hope we can keep this style of management going as it is a powerful thing to have when it is working well.

Bangers&Mash
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Bangers&Mash » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 am

I think it was CT that described him as vocal but positive. With that and the "freedom" has made me think that the shackles we talk about are that the players are less scared of a b0ll0cking.

Flair players like Cornet and how we all want Dwight to be are going to get it wrong at times and look a bit daft or end up out of position, but they need to have the confidence they're not getting hauled in on a Monday morning.

Anyone that's done a basic leadership course knows its about "which hat you wear" so knowing when the time is to be tough and when to be gentle - I think MJ will have it quite easy til the end of the season and not have to "change his hat"