Dyche.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Re: Dyche.

Post by arise_sir_charge » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:17 am

This works both ways though doesn’t it? I posted similar after the mini revival under Dyche……we were bombarded with “where are the Dyche outers” and other such nonense.

Whichever way we look at it now though, as good as he’s been for us we were going down without a fight under Dyche.

Now we have a chance, the change has freshened things up and suddenly we are back fighting so one things for sure, whether we stay up or go down we are doing so fighting and that will do for me.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am

My take on this similar to others, SD was fabulous for most of his tenure, and for that we should be always grateful, and why some posters feel fit to belittle his prior achievements with infantile name-calling says much more about them than it does about Sean.

However it was clear that a change had to happen, and thankfully for all BFC fans it appears that the said change is having the desired results, so in that sense whether by luck or design Pace has made the right call, personally I thought SD would have been given until the end of the season, but if we stay up then all credit has to go to Michael Jackson, Ben Mee et al.

Sean Dyche will rightly go down as a true Clarets legend, but it's time to move on now and look to our future.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:58 am

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
My take on this similar to others, SD was fabulous for most of his tenure, and for that we should be always grateful, and why some posters feel fit to belittle his prior achievements with infantile name-calling says much more about them than it does about Sean.

However it was clear that a change had to happen, and thankfully for all BFC fans it appears that the said change is having the desired results, so in that sense whether by luck or design Pace has made the right call, personally I thought SD would have been given until the end of the season, but if we stay up then all credit has to go to Michael Jackson, Ben Mee et al.

Sean Dyche will rightly go down as a true Clarets legend, but it's time to move on now and look to our future.
I agree with the general sentiment but it is early days yet. We are 3 games into the new era and time will tell.

I think Pace made the right call because I suspect Dyche was not the right manager for him or the way he wants to run the club albeit it clearly represents a change of heart .

Whether he did it with any real foresight it seems unlikely given the timing.

If we stay up it will look like a stroke of genius....!

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:53 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:21 pm
That proper team framework is there because of one man, and we all know who that is
Just a shame that some elements of his framework made players unhappy and now he's gone...

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:03 pm

The ones who are now asking for Dyche not to be slagged off are the same people who were abusing those this season asking for Dyche's removal now they don't want to hear ''I told you so''.

Well you better soak it up because you were happy to abuse those that have turned out to be correct in their thinking.

Just like the ones who were abusing Pace for the decision, you should be ashamed and apologising to that man, you won't though. You will echo ''lets not speak about it and lets not slag Dyche off''

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:28 pm

You wouldn't recognise our lot, they don't look the same group they now look like they are enjoying their football, playing on the front foot with a real zip in their step

If we stop up I will be singing Alan Pace claret and blue army, that was one hell of a bold decision to pot Dyche who we looked certs for relegation under

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:33 pm

This is like a marriage. There was initially a strong marriage between club and manager, which got stale 15-18 months ago. As with most marriages that split, the friends the couple once had are now showing support and allegiance to one of the two parties. So it is understandable that we have two views abouts the SD dismissal.Whichever way you support we need to be constructive and grateful.There is no reason or excuse for abuse

Socrates
Been Liked: 912 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Socrates » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:36 pm

The desperation to crow “I was right”” on an Internet forum really is incredibly tragic.

Was it the right decision to sack Dyche? Who knows. Impossible to say at this point.

It’s certainly had a positive impact in the short term. Nobody knows long term what it means though - we could stay up this year but be in an even worse position in a year’s time with a poorer manager. Nobody knows.

If you start looking for short term moments and bumps you become a club like Sunderland and it will all fall apart. This club in its current state was built on long term planning ……. and let’s hope that remains the case.
This user liked this post: beddie

Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:36 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:03 pm
The ones who are now asking for Dyche not to be slagged off are the same people who were abusing those this season asking for Dyche's removal now they don't want to hear ''I told you so''.

Well you better soak it up because you were happy to abuse those that have turned out to be correct in their thinking.

Just like the ones who were abusing Pace for the decision, you should be ashamed and apologising to that man, you won't though. You will echo ''lets not speak about it and lets not slag Dyche off''
Too true. One poster tried saying he believed those wanting Dyche gone were "Blackburn fans". Any time this season any one questioned Dyche there was a select group on here ready to ram it down there throats. The lack of ambition from these people would have seen us slide into the championship without any fight.
It may be of some benefit to us that Alan Pace is probably unaware of the orient game as this tended to be the trump card many pulled out as to why we shouldn't aim higher.

That being said, the poster calling Dyche "douche" needs to get a grip and learn some class.

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:40 pm

I wonder if a few are missing the point.

It's perfectly reasonable to think Dyche should have gone; however, the point is he is the most successful manager in the modern era of the club and delivered success for 8 years and he has left the club. There is now little point in anything other than acknowledging his contribution to the history of the club.

Whataboutery arguments about Pace are not really relevant not least because he is still here.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 Colburn_Claret

Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:45 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:40 pm
I wonder if a few are missing the point.

It's perfectly reasonable to think Dyche should have gone; however, the point is he is the most successful manager in the modern era of the club and delivered success for 8 years and he has left the club. There is now little point in anything other than acknowledging his contribution to the history of the club.

Whataboutery arguments about Pace are not really relevant not least because he is still here.
You can appreciate everything Dyche did and also accept Alan Pace made the correct decision.
These 4 users liked this post: ClaretMov Bosscat tiger76 Boss Hogg

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6967 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:06 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:36 pm
Too true. One poster tried saying he believed those wanting Dyche gone were "Blackburn fans". Any time this season any one questioned Dyche there was a select group on here ready to ram it down there throats. The lack of ambition from these people would have seen us slide into the championship without any fight.
It may be of some benefit to us that Alan Pace is probably unaware of the orient game as this tended to be the trump card many pulled out as to why we shouldn't aim higher.

That being said, the poster calling Dyche "douche" needs to get a grip and learn some class.
Can you explain why those who wanted Dyche to stay were showing a lack of ambition?

From what I read, most people who wanted Dyche to stay thought that he was the best person to keep us in this division, or at the worst, the best person to get us back into this division.

We don’t know whether we will stay up yet, and we don’t know whether Dyche would have kept us up - although I personally don’t feel he would have done. We also don’t know how successful the new manager will be. So for all we know, the ‘more ambitious’ approach may result in a worse outcome.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3166 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:12 pm

All this talk about 'was it the right decision'?
Only one person's opinion on this is relevant.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:17 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:45 pm
You can appreciate everything Dyche did and also accept Alan Pace made the correct decision.
Agreed ... I questioned the sanity of Sacking Dyche so close to the end of the season by Pace but ... so far its proving a masterstroke ...

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Dyches tactics (or lack of at times) you cannot detract from what he had done for this club, both on and off the field.

Thanks go to Dyche for his 10 years (almost) at Burnley Football Club bringing us many many fond memories. Not just the 2 promotions and that European adventure (albeit a short lived one) but his overseeing of the removal of Woevers dominance over us in his Pl 7 W4 D3 L0 😁....

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:24 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:45 pm
You can if you make that decision purely on 3 games worth of results.

As Riley says above, it's all if and buts at the moment.

I think it was the right decision not because of results but because I'm increasingly beginning to think Sean Dyche was not the right man for Alan Pace.

Ultimately, leaders have to lead and that is what Alan Pace had done..

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:53 pm

Right decision or wrong one all I know Is that the dinosaur has gone and I can return to watching football without getting neck pain loool.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:53 pm

I was gutted that Dyche was sacked and I'm delighted by the players response, and the last 2 performances
I attended games when Dyche was in charge and I've attended the 2 home games since he left.
Supporting the club and being gutted that the tenure of the most successful manager of Burnley FC in my lifetime has ended are not mutually exclusive.
Hopefully the people who were slating Dyche on the match day thread yesterday can also start attending again soon, and get behind the team like us "Dyche supporters"
This user liked this post: pushpinpussy

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:54 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:12 pm
All this talk about 'was it the right decision'?
Only one person's opinion on this is relevant.
Your right and I'm happy wit the decision.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:58 pm

Hopefully the people who were slating Dyche on the match day thread yesterday can also start attending again soon, and get behind the team like us "Dyche supporters

But that's the point. they are keyboard warrior's who do not attend games. i guarantee that the majority of them have not been on a Burnley game all season but are the first to give an opinion on anything. sad individuals who have nothing better to do but criticise and be negative.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:29 pm

I was, and still am, a huge SD fan and we, as a club, owe him a massive amount of respect for what he has done for us over the last 9.5 years. Sadly, his time at Burnley came to a rather abrupt end and for that, I’m sorry. Alan Pace had to make the hard decision to part ways and it has, so far, worked well. However, there is absolutely no need for slagging either of them off, let’s just be thankful that we have someone at the helm who can make those hard calls. SD deserves to be remembered as one of our best ever managers, and I wish him well in whatever he does next. If he goes on to manage another Prem team I hope he gets the warm, friendly welcome he deserves from us Burnley fans the next time he comes back. It’s the very least we can do. The classless mouth breathers on here that have been slagging him off should be banned; sure you might not like him, but calling him things like Douche shows what a cretin you really are.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5070 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:54 pm

Amazing that anyone can slag of Sean Dyche. I just don't get it, whether you like his football or not, he has given the supporters the best 10 years, that anyone under 70 have ever known. Ita may have gone stale, predictable, boring, nothing can detract from those 10 years. His achievements off the field, especially with Barnfield and the youth set up, have given us a strength that will live on long after his departure.

I would never have dreamed 4 months ago, that SD needed to go, but the performances away to Newcastle, Leeds, Brentford showed something was wrong. We all knew that we needed to get the ball on the deck , and bodies in the box, if we wanted to turn our season around. I didn't want to change manager, I wanted Sean to change. The Norwich game showed it was never going to happen.
I was sad that he got sacked, surprised but not shocked. It had to happen so hats off to Alan Pace for doing what was necessary, I admit I wouldn't have had the guts to do it.

BUT like any rational person, I will be forever grateful to Sean for what he gave us, pride in our team, our club, our town. He deserves a statue outside the ground for what he did for us, and he will be one of the biggest legends in Burnleys illustrious history.
The only douche bags are those with the memory of a goldfish.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:01 pm

come on Burnley
come on Burnley
come on Burnley

^^^^^^^this is all that matters
This user liked this post: GaryClaret

GaryClaret
Been Liked: 35 times
Has Liked: 231 times

Post by GaryClaret » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:21 pm

We think little of ourselves at Burnley sometimes. We were in massive trouble after the Norwich result. We got rid of one of, if not our greatest manager. If I'm being honest I thought this season was over. There are still massive, unanswered questions about the next manager, the ownership etc etc.

Despite a horrendous season there hasn't been trouble between the fans, players, owners like what was seen under Cotterill and Laws.

The first half of the Southampton game has changed everything. The glorious goal scored by Roberts and the style of play clearly changing has recaptured the imagination. We got our best players involved again e.g. McNeil. The fans have seen that and responded accordingly to turn Turf Moor into a bear pit once more. I don't know how we lost our fortress or even know why we couldn't conjure it back. But I felt it after the game yesterday - the 2nd half atmosphere was extraordinary.

I have been missing this for so long and wondered whether could ever get it back. Our patience is being rewarded. The fans truly love this team and this club and it may yet keep us up. If we had buckled and were acting like fans maybe should after 4/5 wins all season then this potential comeback doesn't happen. We deserve great credit.
These 3 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret RicardoMontalban martin_p

turbo5
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Post by turbo5 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:38 pm

I wouldn't slag him off, but comparing his methods against the recent run of form isn't being disrespectful and lacking class. He rightly deserves an iconic status at Turf Moor for what he has achieved here, but his time was up. I am sure having to start afresh somewhere will be good for him and the club. I have friends who are still crying he was sacked and if he ever set up Dyche United I am sure they would drop Burnley and support him.
He has gone, get over it and move on, support the team and the new management. We are only 3 games in since he left but have massed 7 out of a possible 9 points, too soon to judge but it's been a brilliant start., limn may it continue.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat tiger76

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:09 pm

Yes lets move on and support the new management which secured two wins in 4 days when it took the previous team 6 months to get the same results

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:08 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:46 pm
Oh bore off will you…
how to make yourself look a complete tit in only four minutes.