Everton v Chelsea

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post by Spijed » Mon May 02, 2022 8:27 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:07 am
just seen the Leeds v Chelsea game is 3 days before the FA Cup final...........
Surely Chelsea will know that a bad defeat to Leeds wouldn't do their chances of beating Liverpool any good a few days later.

And Surely the manager will want to keep the players guessing as to who will play in the final, hopefully meaning those players against Leeds will want to make sure they are picked.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Mon May 02, 2022 8:38 am

Just read Everton’s comments (if correct) on Richarlison throwing the flare, “He was just trying to throw it out of the ground”. :lol: Former referee Hackett saying he should have been sent off. As I mentioned above after the Drogba incident I think he should receive an immediate three match ban.

OakworthClaret
Been Liked: 15 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by OakworthClaret » Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 am

On BBC breakfast they said he threw it “towards the crowd” FFS he threw it INTO THE CROWD!!!
Horrible player, shouldn’t have been playing as should have been sent off in the derby last week.
But Everton can’t go down because they have been in top division for nearly 70 years

TPClaret
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by TPClaret » Mon May 02, 2022 8:56 am

He shouldn’t be throwing flares, end of. It’s dangerous. A fan would get a stadium ban for throwing one.
This user liked this post: OakworthClaret

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon May 02, 2022 8:57 am

Absolutely no chance the FA do anything against him or Everton

TPClaret

Post by TPClaret » Mon May 02, 2022 8:58 am

Carragher got a three match ban for throwing a coin back into the crowd

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1640 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon May 02, 2022 9:03 am

He waved it around in celebration a few times then threw it towards that area with few fans in the corner but TV pictures show a few fans celebrating there. They say he threw it out of the ground but surely that is worse as he can’t see if a person was stood there. If a child had been caught in the face by a smoking flare…….

Should be banned of course, and should have been sent off at the time which would have changed the game, but won’t be. Everton belong you see, different rules for them.

TPClaret

Post by TPClaret » Mon May 02, 2022 9:09 am

Totally agree. He will get away with it because Everton are too big to go down. They deserve to be in the Premier league!! If it wanted to get it off the pitch why not just hand it to a steward instead of throwing it

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:18 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:51 pm
That may be so but ordinarily would you expect 2 home wins against Chelsea & Manchester United no defeats maybe draws certainly not 2 wins, we aren’t talking about Norwich & Watford here we are talking about really good teams, Everton do have good home form but wouldn’t have been favourites for the home wins, careless talk imo partly served as a kick up the backside Everton didn’t need well not from us anyhow.
I really don't think you can attribute Everton's win yesterday to flippant comments SD made weeks ago, and although Chelsea are a decent team they aren't in great form, and Utd are certainly not a really good team right now, as seen by their erratic results all season.

And you have to query if Everton need a kick up the backside, what were they playing at getting themselves into such a precarious position in the first place.

From a Burnley perspective all we can do is try to keep winning, and under MJ we're certainly doing that.

So disappointing as Everton's victory was it doesn't mean they're out of danger yet, it's gonna be nip and tuck between all 3 teams right until the end I suspect.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1640 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon May 02, 2022 9:23 am

That’s right TP. He threw that firework in celebration not for safety because he was out of control in the moment.

FSO Fact Sheet:

“Although a firework or flare may be seen as more dangerous than a smoke bomb to most people, the courts do not seem to distinguish between them. Fans have been sentenced to three months in prison for carrying a smoke bomb, without having actually let it off.”

https://fsoa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... -FSF1.docx

For me this isn’t trying to get one over on Everton, it’s what antics will they be allowed to do to stay up? Throwing that flare incited the crowd, whipped them up further. He was “one of them” after throwing that flare in celebration. That, after the other antics, left a bad taste. Chelsea folded in that illegal atmosphere, and it was an illegal atmosphere that reminded me more of Olympiacos than the Premier League.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:23 am

OakworthClaret wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 am
On BBC breakfast they said he threw it “towards the crowd” FFS he threw it INTO THE CROWD!!!
Horrible player, shouldn’t have been playing as should have been sent off in the derby last week.
But Everton can’t go down because they have been in top division for nearly 70 years

Exactly he shouldn't even have been playing yesterday, and it was typical that he pops up with the winner.

If the authorities deem it fit to punish him I'll be surprised.

And what goes through your head to throw a flare into a crowd of people.

As it any wonder we have issues with crowd control when players behave in this manner, it's hardly setting a shining example to young fans who idolise him is it.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 am

tiger76 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:18 am
I really don't think you can attribute Everton's win yesterday to flippant comments SD made weeks ago, and although Chelsea are a decent team they aren't in great form, and Utd are certainly not a really good team right now, as seen by their erratic results all season.

And you have to query if Everton need a kick up the backside, what were they playing at getting themselves into such a precarious position in the first place.

From a Burnley perspective all we can do is try to keep winning, and under MJ we're certainly doing that.

So disappointing as Everton's victory was it doesn't mean they're out of danger yet, it's gonna be nip and tuck between all 3 teams right until the end I suspect.
I’m not quite sure how many excuses we seem to be making to justify Everton’s upturn in form since the careless comments, I guess next Sunday we can say schmeichel hasn’t been himself for awhile or Brendan Rodger’s heads somewhere else or maybe something else, just anything to detract away from the post Everton comments it’s actually quite humorous to suggest Everton weren’t spurred on by comments.

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Mon May 02, 2022 9:34 am

beddie wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:38 am
Just read Everton’s comments (if correct) on Richarlison throwing the flare, “He was just trying to throw it out of the ground”. :lol: Former referee Hackett saying he should have been sent off. As I mentioned above after the Drogba incident I think he should receive an immediate three match ban.
That was a doubly fatuous comment. Firstly saying they are going to investigate but telling us what the conclusion on the "investigation" will be; secondly claiming that he was attempting to throw it out of the ground, ie. clear the roof.

I know I'd get more than a three match ban for throwing a lighted flare into the crowd, even if I was happy because Burnley had scored. I bet Richarlison doesn't get anything.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:49 pm
Well after watching those highlights it would have been nice if those slack ******* had turned up at Turf Moor at the start of March. Its like they didn't even care
But they didn't turn up for 45 minutes. They were v similar to yesterday. We should have been at least 2 up by half time, and that's been our problem this season.
We didn't take our chances and then we gifted them 2 early goals straight after halftime. Game over.

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon May 02, 2022 9:39 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 am
I’m not quite sure how many excuses we seem to be making to justify Everton’s upturn in form since the careless comments, I guess next Sunday we can say schmeichel hasn’t been himself for awhile or Brendan Rodger’s heads somewhere else or maybe something else, just anything to detract away from the post Everton comments it’s actually quite humorous to suggest Everton weren’t spurred on by comments.
Everton's form hasn't inproved. They were rubbish yesterday, it's just that they defended in depth, chelsea were unable to score, and they were given a free goal that they didn't have to work for. They weren't on form.

And before Dyche made his comments, Everton had won three of the previous four home games. including a very raggy 1-0 against Newcastle who followed the same tactics as Chelsea - dominate the game, miss every chance you have, and give Everton a goal that they don't have to work for.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5551 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon May 02, 2022 10:04 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 am
Not sure of you noticed Jakub but we won on Saturday. A late comeback to turn over a losing position (first time we've done it away from home, no less).

I only mention it as you don't appear to be happy about the result, and subsequent move of another place up the table so maybe you missed it.

Though you celebrating wins isn't something you tend to do, is it? Weird that.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Mon May 02, 2022 10:09 am

Dyche’s comments from weeks ago have long been forgotten, if they were heard in the first place - which is doubtful.
What isn’t in doubt is that Everton have made Goodson an intimidating and frustrating place to go with their firework attacks inside and outside the ground, their physical approach, obvious diving and time wasting. No team is going to relish going there.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 02, 2022 10:11 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:04 am
Not sure of you noticed Jakub but we won on Saturday. A late comeback to turn over a losing position (first time we've done it away from home, no less).

I only mention it as you don't appear to be happy about the result, and subsequent move of another place up the table so maybe you missed it.

Though you celebrating wins isn't something you tend to do, is it? Weird that.
Yes of course I’m happy but I’m more unhappy about Everton’s result if that makes any sense, Everton’s result has more or less voided our result, it’s good to win of course but if Everton win also it makes no odds really we are where we are, the gap is still the same, if we win & Everton lose or draw any result that doesn’t constitute 3pts is more of a bonus in the grand scheme of things. The league positions are decided on points, if Liverpool & Man City both win on the last day & city end up winning the title do you think Liverpool will turn around & say at least we won today?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5551 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon May 02, 2022 10:17 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:11 am
Yes of course I’m happy but I’m more unhappy about Everton’s result if that makes any sense, Everton’s result has more or less voided our result, it’s good to win of course but if Everton win also it makes no odds really we are where we are, the gap is still the same, if we win & Everton lose or draw any result that doesn’t constitute 3pts is more of a bonus in the grand scheme of things. The league positions are decided on points, if Liverpool & Man City both win on the last day & city end up winning the title do you think Liverpool will turn around & say at least we won today?
Win our games and we stay up (although I see you've struggled with that fact on another thread). No mead to obsess about other's results (unless you are trying to peddle some batshit mental agenda).

You've posted multiple times on the Everton thread but nothing on any of the threads on Saturday's game. Like I said, weird.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 02, 2022 10:18 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
But you say that Leeds or Everton won’t go down so why do you even care about their results?

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon May 02, 2022 10:19 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Everton's win hasn't voided our result at all.
As on the other thread, you seem to be dismissing the point that we are more likely to keep our noses ahead of Leeds than Everton. Had we lost at Watford then Leeds would have been clear favourites to finish above us. Now it's "touch and go" - all to play for.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 02, 2022 10:29 am

dsr wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:39 am
Everton's form hasn't inproved. They were rubbish yesterday, it's just that they defended in depth, chelsea were unable to score, and they were given a free goal that they didn't have to work for. They weren't on form.

And before Dyche made his comments, Everton had won three of the previous four home games. including a very raggy 1-0 against Newcastle who followed the same tactics as Chelsea - dominate the game, miss every chance you have, and give Everton a goal that they don't have to work for.
This is the reality.

Had Chelsea played well and Everton still won it's a different picture. As it was Chelsea tried to stroll the game which you cannot do. More so against a team fighting for survival and with fervent home support pushing them on.

It remains to be seen whether Everton's last two opponents at Goodison are as accommodating as Chelsea, Man Utd and Newcastle

Everton have to improve their away form to have a chance of staying up in my opinion especially as 3 of their last 5 games are away.

Two home wins for Burnley will go a long way to relegating them or Leeds

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Mon May 02, 2022 10:36 am

The Newcastle game worries me, I hope we get 2 wins against Villa.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:18 am
But you say that Leeds or Everton won’t go down so why do you even care about their results?
Because it affects the league table & I can’t be sure that my predictions will be true.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 02, 2022 10:51 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:36 am
The Newcastle game worries me, I hope we get 2 wins against Villa.
Ings and Watkins both scored at the weekend so it would be a nice gesture if Gerrard rests them.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Mon May 02, 2022 11:20 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:51 am
Ings and Watkins both scored at the weekend so it would be a nice gesture if Gerrard rests them.
or Ings plays like he did for us at Sunderland when he wanted away! :?

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Mon May 02, 2022 11:23 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:19 am
Now it's "touch and go" - all to play for
where’ve picked that phrase from? :?

clitheroeclaret3
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 282 times

Post by clitheroeclaret3 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:30 am

Spijed wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:27 am
Surely Chelsea will know that a bad defeat to Leeds wouldn't do their chances of beating Liverpool any good a few days later.

And Surely the manager will want to keep the players guessing as to who will play in the final, hopefully meaning those players against Leeds will want to make sure they are picked.
Depends which way you look at it, after the pathetic chelski showing yesterday I fully expect it to be, moreorless, leeds v chelski reserves

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon May 02, 2022 11:56 am

claretblue wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:23 am
where’ve picked that phrase from? :?
If anyone is feeling too stressed they could always go "back on the grass". ;)

Blakesboots
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 178 times

Post by Blakesboots » Mon May 02, 2022 12:51 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:57 am
Absolutely no chance the FA do anything against him or Everton
I think he’s done for this season after that. Everton and Leeds are looking at a fine and warning for their missiles too.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon May 02, 2022 1:24 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:51 pm
I think he’s done for this season after that. Everton and Leeds are looking at a fine and warning for their missiles too.
You reckon? I honestly can’t see the FA having the balls at this stage of the season. It will be a fine / warning.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Mon May 02, 2022 1:48 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am
But they didn't turn up for 45 minutes. They were v similar to yesterday. We should have been at least 2 up by half time, and that's been our problem this season.
We didn't take our chances and then we gifted them 2 early goals straight after halftime. Game over.
Fair point as we were much better than Everton were in their first half - shame Chelsea didn't gift us two great opportu ities like Everton second half though.

Chelsea weren't all at sea at the back like they were yesterday.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5642 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon May 02, 2022 2:25 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:27 am

I hope you are right !