Bardsley gone

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32409 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Re: Bardsley gone

Post by ClaretTony » Tue May 24, 2022 8:45 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:31 pm
It's a pity that such a fervent love of procedure and policy doesn't extend to those charged with the management of our Academy.

A year ago we were well positioned to receive long term confirmation of our Category 1 status. The receipt of a temporary status allocation gave us plenty of time to put everything in place to pass the enhanced audit that was recently undertaken.

Given the importance that Pace prescribed to the Academy in terms of our developing future surely this should have been a priority. The outward appeal of Category 1 would certainly serve as a very valuable draw factor in the pursuit of young talent that might be able assist us in our new Championship endeavours.

However, we are now hearing reports that losing our Category 1 accreditation is a real possibility. The only obvious difference between now and a year ago is the departure of Jon Pepper. Over the course of his 5 years with the club Jon Pepper dragged the Academy up from a pile of wreckage to within touching distance of Category 1, becoming a master of the Academy audit system in the process.

His replacement was Paul Jenkins, whose only comparable experience was less than a year running the football academy of a secondary school, which came on the back of over two decades as a youth team coach.

You are obviously eager to insert yourself into discussions about the staffing decisions at the club, sprinkling your answers with the allusion of at least some inside knowledge. In respect to that would you be gracious enough to enlighten us with your perspective on the apparent devolution of standards within our Academy over the past year ?

Should we lose our Category 1 status do you think it will coincide with the sacking of Paul Jenkins or do you think he is more likely to do the honourable thing and quit ?

Or would you lay the blame firmly at the feet of Alan Pace and his decision to sack Dyche and a large contingent of our backroom staff. A move, along with previous departures, that led to Academy staff being moved up to first team duties, resulting in a staff deficiency within the Academy ?
Jenkins is an ALK man - doubt he’ll be going anywhere, quite often when people like that screw up they get a promotion to get them out of the way.

Jon Pepper picked up a complete mess when he came in, an academy that was very fortunate to even be category 3. He and his team got us to cat 1 and it is still beyond belief that we got rid of him.

I see blakesboots is now claiming - We will report inline with the Premier Leagues 4 day requirement.

We? Seems we have someone in authority here within the academy telling us what we can and can’t discuss. What a ridiculous situation.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3596 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Tue May 24, 2022 8:49 pm

Quite a worrying state of affairs if someone actually involved at a senior level with the club thinks it wise to post on a fans messageboard with mysterious and ambiguous commentary.

I’m sure ‘Blakesboots’ is just a bit of an oddball fantasist entertaining himself, the alternative is too weird to comprehend.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 24, 2022 8:51 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:49 pm
Quite a worrying state of affairs if someone actually involved at a senior level with the club thinks it wise to post on a fans messageboard with mysterious and ambiguous commentary.

I’m sure ‘Blakesboots’ is just a bit of an oddball fantasist entertaining himself, the alternative is too weird to comprehend.
There are a lot of them about on here it has to be said
These 2 users liked this post: jedi_master Bordeauxclaret

AwayClaret
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by AwayClaret » Tue May 24, 2022 8:51 pm

I see marlonspants still catching a few whoppers 🤣

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue May 24, 2022 8:52 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:45 pm
Jenkins is an ALK man - doubt he’ll be going anywhere, quite often when people like that screw up they get a promotion to get them out of the way.

Jon Pepper picked up a complete mess when he came in, an academy that was very fortunate to even be category 3. He and his team got us to cat 1 and it is still beyond belief that we got rid of him.

I see blakesboots is now claiming - We will report inline with the Premier Leagues 4 day requirement.

We? Seems we have someone in authority here within the academy telling us what we can and can’t discuss. What a ridiculous situation.
I get the impression he’s close to the Directors, rather than among them. Think he suggested as much at one time. “We” is ambiguous we all refer to the club as we… I did it earlier talking to a neighbour.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm

Isn’t blakesboots the artist formerly known as Ben Wickes?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5647 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 24, 2022 8:58 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:20 pm
Tell you what, the resident football expert extraordinaire is very rarely wrong on football, I must hold my hands up on this rare occasion
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: love it
This user liked this post: KRBFC

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue May 24, 2022 8:58 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm
Could be I thought Ben W still posted occasionally but of course could be dual account from different IP’s. Seems a similar relationship for sure.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue May 24, 2022 8:59 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:58 pm
Could be I thought Ben W still posted occasionally but of course could be dual account from different IP’s. Seems a similar relationship for sure.
I haven’t seen Ben Wickes post since, well, probably since we signed Phil Jones.
These 2 users liked this post: elwaclaret BurnleyFC

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3596 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:59 pm
I haven’t seen Ben Wickes post since, well, probably since we signed Phil Jones.
He started a thread the other day, bit weird really in its manner. I don’t think he had posted since the infamous “We’ll break our transfer record twice in January” post before that.

I’m certain they’re one and the same.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Tue May 24, 2022 9:28 pm

Good luck Bardo

Loved to watch you play - you did yourself, the club & the fans proud

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1619 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue May 24, 2022 9:57 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm
I reckon so, either that or he’s too busy to post with all that Northern Powerhouse stuff going on.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1619 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue May 24, 2022 10:03 pm

Having read BenWickes’ last post I don’t actually think it is Blakesboots.

BenWickes knows how and when to use an apostrophe for a start.

Blakesboots
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 178 times

Post by Blakesboots » Tue May 24, 2022 10:51 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:31 pm
It's a pity that such a fervent love of procedure and policy doesn't extend to those charged with the management of our Academy.

A year ago we were well positioned to receive long term confirmation of our Category 1 status. The receipt of a temporary status allocation gave us plenty of time to put everything in place to pass the enhanced audit that was recently undertaken.

Given the importance that Pace prescribed to the Academy in terms of our developing future surely this should have been a priority. The outward appeal of Category 1 would certainly serve as a very valuable draw factor in the pursuit of young talent that might be able assist us in our new Championship endeavours.

However, we are now hearing reports that losing our Category 1 accreditation is a real possibility. The only obvious difference between now and a year ago is the departure of Jon Pepper. Over the course of his 5 years with the club Jon Pepper dragged the Academy up from a pile of wreckage to within touching distance of Category 1, becoming a master of the Academy audit system in the process.

His replacement was Paul Jenkins, whose only comparable experience was less than a year running the football academy of a secondary school, which came on the back of over two decades as a youth team coach.

You are obviously eager to insert yourself into discussions about the staffing decisions at the club, sprinkling your answers with the allusion of at least some inside knowledge. In respect to that would you be gracious enough to enlighten us with your perspective on the apparent devolution of standards within our Academy over the past year ?

Should we lose our Category 1 status do you think it will coincide with the sacking of Paul Jenkins or do you think he is more likely to do the honourable thing and quit ?

Or would you lay the blame firmly at the feet of Alan Pace and his decision to sack Dyche and a large contingent of our backroom staff. A move, along with previous departures, that led to Academy staff being moved up to first team duties, resulting in a staff deficiency within the Academy ?

I would say what I have said before, hold all thought and criticism until the facts of the matter have been firmly established.

I would further say that I’d be mindful of implying blame at any level and in any direction and subsequent consequence on a public forum.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Wed May 25, 2022 12:22 am

Good luck Bardo, a tough uncompromising full back. Sorry to see him go.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 am

Blakesboots wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:51 pm
I would say what I have said before, hold all thought and criticism until the facts of the matter have been firmly established.

I would further say that I’d be mindful of implying blame at any level and in any direction and subsequent consequence on a public forum.
Have a day off

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Wed May 25, 2022 6:52 am

Blakesboots wrote:

Maybe the Chris wood debt factoring was used to pay for litigation against a football message board?

What’s the Policy on that? Don’t think there’s precedence at Burnley…. You might get the exciting task of writing a new policy….. oh what a day.
This user liked this post: Blakesboots

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Wed May 25, 2022 6:56 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 am
Have a day off
Asked a question, so I replied.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Wed May 25, 2022 7:10 am

Blakesboots wrote:

"...hold all thought..."??? Sounds like we really have entered the Orwellian Dystopia Bosscat warned us of, thoughtcrime included :lol:

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Wed May 25, 2022 7:32 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:10 am
"...hold all thought..."??? Sounds like we really have entered the Orwellian Dystopia Bosscat warned us of, thoughtcrime included :lol:
The precogs will get you EVERYTIME.