Daily Mail

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 856 times

Daily Mail

Post by Milltown1882 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 pm

Obviously a serious agenda going on here as no other paper is paying this much attention to us in a negative light, several stories this week. Dyche’s agent on the Mail payroll? :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-masthead

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 856 times

Re: Daily Mail

Post by Milltown1882 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:06 pm

Just to add the journo calls Jack Cork ‘James Cork’. Brilliant.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu May 26, 2022 10:10 pm

Utter drivel.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 pm

Useless journal. Does anyone buy it?

eastcoastclaret
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by eastcoastclaret » Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 pm

You almost get the impression they want us to fail, I wonder who is pulling the strings and why?

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2936 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Thu May 26, 2022 10:15 pm

Third in the top division and Cup runners up, I'd be happy with that.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3805 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu May 26, 2022 10:17 pm

They’re loving it.

No one likes us, we don’t care.

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Thu May 26, 2022 10:19 pm

I utterly detest this paper.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 788 times

Post by warksclaret » Thu May 26, 2022 10:21 pm

There must be a shortage of football news-have lost count how many in the press and on radio have been talking of our financial situation

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 770 times
Has Liked: 10055 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Thu May 26, 2022 10:21 pm

Apart from that drivel, I wonder what he really thinks about Burnley and Kompany?

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1739 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by agreenwood » Thu May 26, 2022 10:23 pm

Just regurgitating the same stories as clickbait to be fair.

ralph8
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by ralph8 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:30 pm

Daily Mail Parasite journalist - laptop in hand - make up an inaccurate story with lots of made up facts- edit a few pictures -upload to the DM website which can be confused for a Tory Election Broadcast and repeat...

eastcoastclaret
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by eastcoastclaret » Thu May 26, 2022 10:34 pm

Perhaps they are a bit worried that Kompany might actually be a success at Burnley, we can't have that can we!!

bobinho
Been Liked: 4092 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Thu May 26, 2022 10:40 pm

It’s a newspaper. The political party it favours is absolutely irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that it has journalists working for it. As we all know, journalists write ANYTHING, regardless of what the truth may be. **** stirring lie mongers.
You read a newspaper, you are as mindless as those utter ******** that watch love island or made in chelsea or that Essex housewives shite that’s always on the tellybox.
I can live without “news” thanks very much.
This user liked this post: MT03ALG

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:14 pm

Looks a pretty accurate report on where things stand.

Like they said if Kompany succeeds he might have a statue outside two English football grounds.

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Thu May 26, 2022 11:51 pm

It starts off with the stupidest of questions - "Does Vincent Kompany know what he is getting into?" Does any journalist genuinely believe a manager doesn't do some research before taking a job?
This user liked this post: bfcjg

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1400 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Fri May 27, 2022 12:35 am

warksclaret wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:21 pm
There must be a shortage of football news-have lost count how many in the press and on radio have been talking of our financial situation
Exactly that! The football world (Players, Managers and anyone worth quoting) are all on holiday; Burnley's financial situation is one of the few stories that can be written without needing quotes or sound-bites from those people.

enduroclaret
Been Liked: 92 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by enduroclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 5:28 am

1DA0F7BA-C343-4856-9516-531A6E4151F7.png
1DA0F7BA-C343-4856-9516-531A6E4151F7.png (977.98 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
These 3 users liked this post: Burnley1989 longsidepies Juan Tanamera

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 5:31 am

Absolute drivel of an article.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri May 27, 2022 6:01 am

Just a bad version of Izal

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 784 times
Has Liked: 1010 times

Post by Guller Bull » Fri May 27, 2022 6:04 am

dsr wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:51 pm
It starts off with the stupidest of questions - "Does Vincent Kompany know what he is getting into?" Does any journalist genuinely believe a manager doesn't do some research before taking a job?
I would have thought so, given that Mr Kompany does have a Masters degree in business.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Fri May 27, 2022 6:12 am

You would think a serious paper would be commenting on Everton’s financial crisis…….

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri May 27, 2022 6:24 am

Wasn’t the Daily Mail the first paper Pace gave an interview to?

What’s he done to p*ss them off so much since?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:31 am
Absolute drivel of an article.
What exactly is drivel in there?

Accurate on the MSD loan figures.
Give an accurate representation of Kompanys time at Anderlecht.
They have been pretty accurate in who is likely to go this summer.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 6:45 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 am
What exactly is drivel in there?

Accurate on the MSD loan figures.
Give an accurate representation of Kompanys time at Anderlecht.
They have been pretty accurate in who is likely to go this summer.
James Cork is going to be a loss? Firstly, who’s James Cork? Secondly, if, by accident they meant Jack Cork, suggestions are he’s triggered an extra year extension. Meanwhile, losing ‘stalwart’ Ashley Barnes - really? Pretty much everyone thinks he should leave and definitely wouldn’t suit VK’s system, why no analysis of this?

No mention of a ‘significant chunk’ of the loan being paid by Pope, McNeil and Cornet sales (should bring in 45m after Cornet fee paid off to Lyon - these sales are expected and you’ll find most relegated clubs sale on relegation. Where’s the articles on Watford who are ready to sell Sarr and Dennis?

Or Bournemouth who sold/released Ake, Ramsdale, Wilson, Arter, Fraser, Daniels, Ibe and others when they went down - they didn’t spend a penny either (previous year had lost 65m) - no mention of the fact we broke even last year pretty much which was amongst the top 3 results in the PL. No analysis of the wage bill likely slashing in half, no analysis of the wage bill reducing anyway due to no staying up bonus payouts.

Back to the title of the article - what nonsense to start with. Does a serial title winner and one of the smartest footballers to have played the game (MBA) know what he’s walking into? Why not discuss the potential that funds have been assured by the owners while it’s likely his contacts at City will see us pick up several loans?

But no, the article is tilted towards negativity of our club again with none of the above discussed, which again feeds into the stuff you love.
These 3 users liked this post: Mattster Healeywoodclaret cblantfanclub

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:52 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:45 am
James Cork is going to be a loss? Firstly, who’s James Cork? Secondly, if, by accident they meant Jack Cork, suggestions are he’s triggered an extra year extension. Meanwhile, losing ‘stalwart’ Ashley Barnes - really? Pretty much everyone thinks he should leave and definitely wouldn’t suit VK’s system, why no analysis of this?

No mention of a ‘significant chunk’ of the loan being paid by Pope, McNeil and Cornet sales (should bring in 45m after Cornet fee paid off to Lyon - these sales are expected and you’ll find most relegated clubs sale on relegation. Where’s the articles on Watford who are ready to sell Sarr and Dennis?

Or Bournemouth who sold/released Ake, Ramsdale, Wilson, Arter, Fraser, Daniels, Ibe and others when they went down - they didn’t spend a penny either (previous year had lost 65m) - no mention of the fact we broke even last year pretty much which was amongst the top 3 results in the PL. No analysis of the wage bill likely slashing in half, no analysis of the wage bill reducing anyway due to no staying up bonus payouts.

Back to the title of the article - what nonsense to start with. Does a serial title winner and one of the smartest footballers to have played the game (MBA) know what he’s walking into? Why not discuss the potential that funds have been assured by the owners while it’s likely his contacts at City will see us pick up several loans?

But no, the article is tilted towards negativity of our club again with none of the above discussed, which again feeds into the stuff you love.
James cork is clearly a typo. Right now there’s no official confirmation on cork just rumours on social media.

He clearly says that a significant portion of the loan will be paid on relegation (you missed that).

Why would he mention other clubs players when it’s talking about ours?

You clearly don’t think the finances are a problem then given the only thing this guy has posted are the facts in public domain. You are the one that it theorising on wages etc…

Again you are theorising, do you know for an absolute fact that we will pick several loans from city?
I find it very hypocritical saying an accurate report is drivel and coming back with an opinion.

If he wanted to be negative he could have made it considerably worse. He’s given a fair representation on the move for both parties but the regular candidates are crying about it.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 7:08 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:52 am
James cork is clearly a typo. Right now there’s no official confirmation on cork just rumours on social media.

He clearly says that a significant portion of the loan will be paid on relegation (you missed that).

You clearly don’t think the finances are a problem then given the only thing this guy has posted are the facts in public domain. You are the one that it theorising on wages etc…

Again you are theorising, do you know for an absolute fact that we will pick several loans from city?
I find it very hypocritical saying an accurate report is drivel and coming back with an opinion.

If he wanted to be negative he could have made it considerably worse. He’s given a fair representation on the move for both parties but the regular candidates are crying about it.
Well, you asked what is inaccurate, a typo is incredibly poor for ‘elite’ journalism if you ask me.

With everything else you said, again, there’s no comparative analysis, no digging deeper into the situation, it’s all click bait regurgitated stuff from all the other stuff that’s been put out there.

No I don’t know for a fact we will sign players from City but I’d say its highly likely, given his links, given the help he just gave them with Haaland’s medical, given we are located within driving distance of them - why not mention this in the article as a reason VK would take the job?

Instead it focuses on trying to be as negative as possible and doesn’t give one positive. I find it completely tedious and have enough of seeing ‘fans’ of our club support it.
These 6 users liked this post: Loyal Supporter Murger Healeywoodclaret RighteousClaret Juan Tanamera cblantfanclub

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:12 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:08 am
Well, you asked what is inaccurate, a typo is incredibly poor for ‘elite’ journalism if you ask me.

With everything else you said, again, there’s no comparative analysis, no digging deeper into the situation, it’s all click bait regurgitated stuff from all the other stuff that’s been put out there.

No I don’t know for a fact we will sign players from City but I’d say its highly likely, given his links, given the help he just gave them with Haaland’s medical, given we are located within driving distance of them - why not mention this in the article as a reason VK would take the job?

Instead it focuses on trying to be as negative as possible and doesn’t give one positive. I find it completely tedious and have enough of seeing ‘fans’ of our club support it.
But he was positive? He said Kompany has experience of financial turmoil at Anderlecht and would be a good fit in that respect.

Yes but again your asking a journalist to theorise ifs and buts. Like I said you don’t know for fact that there relegation clauses on the wages, you don’t know whether City will want there kids to come on loan. Like I said if this was just there to be incredibly negative he would have mentioned the academy, the new loan and the sackings at every level throughout the club.

Take the hatred for the paper out of it and with the information out there it’s a pretty fair insight on both parties.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 7:18 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:12 am
But he was positive? He said Kompany has experience of financial turmoil at Anderlecht and would be a good fit in that respect.

Yes but again your asking a journalist to theorise ifs and buts. Like I said you don’t know for fact that there relegation clauses on the wages, you don’t know whether City will want there kids to come on loan. Like I said if this was just there to be incredibly negative he would have mentioned the academy, the new loan and the sackings at every level throughout the club.

Take the hatred for the paper out of it and with the information out there it’s a pretty fair insight on both parties.
But that’s just my point, is it ‘financial turmoil’ that he’s walking into? Would he walk into a club in ‘financial turmoil’? I’d say Derby are in financial turmoil. I’d say Bournemouth, having just lost 70m before they went down with a 110m wage bill had bigger concerns than we do. There’s no thought or analysis on this, instead just using the click bait nonsense spouted by talk sport. Like I said, our financial performance in the recent accounts was very good, given covid losses. We might lose a few players to pay down some debt. We still have / had decent cash in the bank on the last accounts. Is that financial turmoil?

Yes we do know for a fact there are relegation clauses in contracts as its been stated in the accounts for the last x amount of seasons. And no it’s not a fair reflection on both sides, maybe for someone with a constant negative outlook on life like yourself, but not when you look at the bigger picture and give it more thought.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:22 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:18 am
But that’s just my point, is it ‘financial turmoil’ that he’s walking into? Would he walk into a club in ‘financial turmoil’? I’d say Derby are in financial turmoil. I’d say Bournemouth, having just lost 70m before they went down with a 110m wage bill had bigger concerns than we do. There’s no thought or analysis on this, instead just using the click bait nonsense spouted by talk sport. Like I said, our financial performance in the recent accounts was very good, given covid losses. We might lose a few players to pay down some debt. We still have / had decent cash in the bank on the last accounts. Is that financial turmoil?

Yes we do know for a fact there are relegation clauses in contracts as its been stated in the accounts for the last x amount of seasons. And no it’s not a fair reflection on both sides, maybe for someone with a constant negative outlook on life like yourself, but not when you look at the bigger picture and give it more thought.
Rv if you don’t think the club is in financial turmoil your blinkered.

Derby are not in turmoil they are in crisis/brink of not existing. Bournemouth have a multimillionaire owner that’s why they are in not in the same position or worse in your opinion.

Ok please highlight exactly where In the accounts it states that wages for players will drop by X amount/percentage?

It’s not a negative outlook it is just realistic.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 7:32 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:22 am
Rv if you don’t think the club is in financial turmoil your blinkered.

Derby are not in turmoil they are in crisis/brink of not existing. Bournemouth have a multimillionaire owner that’s why they are in not in the same position or worse in your opinion.

Ok please highlight exactly where In the accounts it states that wages for players will drop by X amount/percentage?

It’s not a negative outlook it is just realistic.
That's rubbish - why am I blinkered? So you are also saying Vincent Kompany is blinkered then? Why would a young manager, with ambitions to get to the top, take on a job at a club in turmoil, please make that make sense.

I've stated how some of the debt will be/can be repaid this summer, with a few players sales, please tell me where the 'turmoil' is? Like I said, Sarr and Dennis will be sold at Watford, they also have debt, are they in 'financial turmoil' too? What is your definition of financial turmoil?

It doesn't state the percentage, but it does state there are significant wage cuts to mitigate the sizeable loss in TV money.

Now, we can only use comparative analysis here and then our assumptions- but seen as though we have been the most well run club in the PL for some time (judged by our profits / small losses), and that Garlick is know to have run a very tight ship, it's probably fair to assume we will be at least in line with other clubs that dropped such as Bournemouth, West Brom and Norwich, who all had 50% wage cuts according to their accounts.

"It’s not a negative outlook it is just realistic."

Well no, it's not realistic, realistic means doing a full, deep analysis into exactly the situation and giving arguments on both sides. This article is lazy journalism and does not do that, it's not hard to understand.
This user liked this post: RighteousClaret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:35 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:32 am
That's rubbish - why am I blinkered? So you are also saying Vincent Kompany is blinkered then?

I've stated how some of the debt will be/can be repaid this summer, with a few players sales, please tell me where the 'turmoil' is? Like I said, Sarr and Dennis will be sold at Watford, they also have debt, are they in 'financial turmoil' too? What is your definition of financial turmoil?

It doesn't state the percentage, but it does state there are significant wage cuts to mitigate the sizeable loss in TV money.

Now, we can only use comparative analysis here and then our assumptions- but seen as though we have been the most well run club in the PL for some time (judged by our profits / small losses), and that Garlick is know to have run a very tight ship, it's probably fair to assume we will be at least in line with other clubs that dropped such as Bournemouth, West Brom and Norwich, who all had 50% wage cuts according to their accounts.
Financial turmoil - a state of great disturbance or uncertainty. That accurately defines Burnley situation.

Again why do you keep referencing other clubs. As we know there are plenty of other clubs out there in financial ruin let alone turmoil.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 7:40 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:35 am
Financial turmoil - a state of great disturbance or uncertainty. That accurately defines Burnley situation.

Again why do you keep referencing other clubs. As we know there are plenty of other clubs out there in financial ruin let alone turmoil.
So any club relegated from the PL is in 'financial turmoil' then, according to your definition.

And you continue to ignore all my other valid questions, so I guess we'll leave it there.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri May 27, 2022 7:40 am

I’m convinced that NC93 is not a real person. He can’t be.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 7:43 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:40 am
I’m convinced that NC93 is not a real person. He can’t be.
He is, funnily enough I have recently clocked his twitter account. I don’t know why it took so long, as I noticed this particular user on the twitterclarets hashtag a while back, and noted how he chose to argue with almost every Claret post there is. Now I’ve put 2 and 2 together and realised the drivel he posts here is the exact same on twitter.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:45 am

Haha I love this board. Make valid points and you instantly get people trying to belittle and offend.

Let’s leave it a couple of years and see who is right. The numerous journalists/ financial experts/ media outlets. Or RV and his expert analysis.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Fri May 27, 2022 7:46 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:14 pm
Looks a pretty accurate report on where things stand.

Like they said if Kompany succeeds he might have a statue outside two English football grounds.
Agreed.

This isn't written for Burnley fans who think they know better but for general football fans. It sums up the situation pretty well quite frankly. It's certainly how I see things at the moment.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Fri May 27, 2022 7:50 am

I decided to look for one word in order to respond to their article. “Garbage” .

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 7:51 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:52 am

Are you actually a Burnley Fan? Clearly a glass half empty kind of person. I for one am quite excited about the possibility of a few loan players from Man City. What a difference a week can make! Yes it's a gamble for both parties and we will all be very much hoping it pays off!

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4181 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 am

You have to feel a lot of sympathy towards newcastle and his fragile outlook. We have to remember right now he his happy as he got what he wanted in Burnley going down, he has enjoyed himself hammering the club, the board and the players all season and it started to get to him when it looked like we might stay up,

He comes across as the kind of guy who has rung 999 over 100 times claiming he is being followed only to be told each time it is his shadow.
These 3 users liked this post: Healeywoodclaret RVclaret Juan Tanamera

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5070 times
Has Liked: 6841 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri May 27, 2022 8:00 am

Do the Bash street kids still star in the Mail ?

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 27, 2022 8:05 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:45 am
Haha I love this board. Make valid points and you instantly get people trying to belittle and offend.

Let’s leave it a couple of years and see who is right. The numerous journalists/ financial experts/ media outlets. Or RV and his expert analysis.
I'm not saying I'm providing expert analysis. But at least I am providing SOME analysis. Unlike the clickbait doom and gloom articles that are bashing the club. I know it suits your agenda and view but not for me, so I try and provide alternative questions and analysis, of which you've had no answer for.

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2246 times

Post by mkmel » Fri May 27, 2022 8:08 am

Daily Mail tells almost as many lies as Pinocchio Johnson..... allegedly

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 am
You have to feel a lot of sympathy towards newcastle and his fragile outlook. We have to remember right now he his happy as he got what he wanted in Burnley going down, he has enjoyed himself hammering the club, the board and the players all season and it started to get to him when it looked like we might stay up,

He comes across as the kind of guy who has rung 999 over 100 times claiming he is being followed only to be told each time it is his shadow.
More people that add nothing to the topic just more trying to belittle and bully posters.

I have given fair points, I noticed you haven’t criticised Hipper for sharing the same view?
This user liked this post: Jörmungandr

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 am

If you find someone laughing at your constant whining as bullying perhaps the internet isn't for you.

If you are prepared to dish things out, you should always be prepared to accept some return. I may be totally wrong here but I don't recall Hipper having a 100% strike rate of negative dross when he posts.

As for your belittle comment when you claim Brownhill is never a professional footballer or that Collins is bambi on ice would you class those as belittling ? If you don't then you are a hypocrite, if you do then wind your neck in

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:20 am

Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 am
If you find someone laughing at your constant whining as bullying perhaps the internet isn't for you.

If you are prepared to dish things out, you should always be prepared to accept some return. I may be totally wrong here but I don't recall Hipper having a 100% strike rate of negative dross when he posts.

As for your belittle comment when you claim Brownhill is never a professional footballer or that Collins is bambi on ice would you class those as belittling ? If you don't then you are a hypocrite, if you do then wind your neck in
What am I dishing out other than opinion that goes against your views?

You and others deem it to be negative, in my opinion I don’t think it is. Similar to yesterday I was called for my opinion on Kompany when I said numerous times I thought he would be a good signing (I just don’t think he will get promotion).

Fair comment on Brownhill and Collins but I do feel that is slightly different due to it being on a match rating thread (the point of that post is to review there performance).

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:20 am

You and others deem it to be negative, in my opinion I don’t think it is. Similar to yesterday I was called for my opinion on Kompany when I said numerous times I thought he would be a good signing (I just don’t think he will get promotion).

Fair comment on Brownhill and Collins but I do feel that is slightly different due to it being on a match rating thread (the point of that post is to review there performance).
Your comments on Brownhill have been season long and on any thread he was mentioned, not just match ratings. The phrase "do as I say not as I do" comes to mind

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 am

Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 am
Your comments on Brownhill have been season long and on any thread he was mentioned, not just match ratings. The phrase "do as I say not as I do" comes to mind
I guess on that basis everyone on this board has done it then.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:28 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 am
I guess on that basis everyone on this board has done it then.
Again no they haven't. There is only you who has spent a full season slagging him and then posting equally negative on anything connected to the club, hence posters being tired of you and in your eyes seeming to single you out with their replies.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5551 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri May 27, 2022 8:31 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:20 am

You called Collins "Bambi on ice" when everyone else who left ratings had him as (or close to) motm. Now either everyone else was wrong and you were right or your ratings are based on pure, agenda-driven nonsense.