Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

Post by KRBFC » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:10 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:44 pm
Grabben is on 25K per week at Forest, Cahill was on similar

so 40-50k on two players of that age........no thanks
I wouldn't want Grabban but I'd take him over nothing at all. Knows where the onion sack is at this level. I might be wrong but I thought Grabban had left Forest, so currently he's earning nothing.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:28 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:10 pm
I wouldn't want Grabban but I'd take him over nothing at all. Knows where the onion sack is at this level. I might be wrong but I thought Grabban had left Forest, so currently he's earning nothing.
Yep! he's left Forest, being heavily linked with a move to West Brom, which I suppose makes since if he wants to remain in the Midlands area.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5668 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:31 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:10 pm
I'd rather give Richardson a chance and settle for a season of transition tbh, it's not looking like we are going to get a stand out signing as such and I am not sure the value of adding someone like Grabban. If WBA want to pay him a boat load then have at it. Either way, we sure as **** can't have Barnes as a first choice option

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:45 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:31 pm
I'd rather give Richardson a chance and settle for a season of transition tbh, it's not looking like we are going to get a stand out signing as such and I am not sure the value of adding someone like Grabban. If WBA want to pay him a boat load then have at it. Either way, we sure as **** can't have Barnes as a first choice option
Unfortunately at this moment in time VK doesn't think Richardson is a better option than Barnes, so unless something changes the manager's opinion it looks like we are stuck with Ashley up front as and when required.

ClaretFelix
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by ClaretFelix » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:40 pm

Has anyone seen enough of Richardson to suggest he's capable of playing any form of league football or are we just pinning all our hopes on some unproven, largely unknown kid??

bobinho
Been Liked: 4110 times
Has Liked: 6593 times

Post by bobinho » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:58 pm

Well, we are currently pinning all our hopes on someone who has proven he ISNT what we need.

Been a HUGE fan of Barnes over the last ten years or so, but he’s absolutely done at this level imho. The game has moved on so much, and he’s been asked to do the same thing for the last ten years it’s hardly surprising he can’t adapt.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret KateR

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:02 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:45 pm
Unfortunately at this moment in time VK doesn't think Richardson is a better option than Barnes, so unless something changes the manager's opinion it looks like we are stuck with Ashley up front as and when required.
yep, but i'd rather see Richardson than Grabban
This user liked this post: KateR

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1220 times
Has Liked: 7211 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:10 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:02 pm
yep, but i'd rather see Richardson than Grabban
I'd rather see the Georgian fellow.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:12 pm

Sacha Tavolieri

🔴 #FCMetz asked more than the double of what #Burnley proposed for getting Georges #Mikautadze. Player likes the idea to join #BurnleyFC but there is for the moment a difference too important between the offer and the expectations of the #Ligue2 french club… #twitterclarets twitter”

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:12 pm
Sacha Tavolieri

🔴 #FCMetz asked more than the double of what #Burnley proposed for getting Georges #Mikautadze. Player likes the idea to join #BurnleyFC but there is for the moment a difference too important between the offer and the expectations of the #Ligue2 french club… #twitterclarets twitter”
Are we still interested in Boubakar Kouyaté as well?

We need a centre half just as much as we need a striker.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:05 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 pm

No mention of him

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:48 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Nixon says we are but from putting all the tweets from everyone together we are nowhere near the asking price for either. We can't really afford to be ******* about at this stage of the window - either pay the money or move on.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 589 times

Post by rob63 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:03 am

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:40 pm
Wiles seems to keep himself injury free-138 games in the last 3 seasons
Not if he signed for us- if opposition tactics are anything to go by, they'll be kicking him from behind at every opportunity

creepingdeath
Been Liked: 64 times
Has Liked: 279 times

Post by creepingdeath » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:01 am

Richardson again! Zero goals and assists versus QPR under 21s yesterday tells me he isn’t ready yet lad needs time and we need to buy/loan a striker

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1220 times
Has Liked: 7211 times

Post by Quicknick » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:01 am

creepingdeath wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:01 am
Richardson again! Zero goals and assists versus QPR under 21s yesterday tells me he isn’t ready yet lad needs time and we need to buy/loan a striker
You can't judge him with his stats for one game, although you may well be right in saying he isn't ready. Huge gap between the Championship and the u-21s.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2835 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:07 am

I do wonder whether we might be well advised to focus on bringing in a centre half who is able to hit the ground running in the Championship, even if that involves a bit of a compromise on the level of potential they offer. We've brought in a number of players who seem likely to take a little while to adapt to Championship football - Benson, Churlinov, Bastien (to an extent),, McNally, Egan-Riley, Vitinho. I think someone who has a bit of experience of the Championship and so can hit the ground running would be quite a helpful compliement to that crop of players.

For example - and I'm not suggesting he's the answer, necessarily - but it looks as though Matt Clarke from Brighton may be available. He's mid-20s, had a very successful loan spell at West Brom last season, is by all accounts pretty dominant and is left sided. He's probably not got quite as high a ceiling in terms of potential as Kouyate might have - but is he more the sort of profile we need in the first instance alongside THB and Maatsen?

You can make a similar case up front, although it's harder to find Championship ready forwards who can make a difference than it is centre backs.
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:09 am

Gary Cahill on a free

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 820 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:11 am

claretspice wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:07 am
I do wonder whether we might be well advised to focus on bringing in a centre half who is able to hit the ground running in the Championship, even if that involves a bit of a compromise on the level of potential they offer. We've brought in a number of players who seem likely to take a little while to adapt to Championship football - Benson, Churlinov, Bastien (to an extent),, McNally, Egan-Riley, Vitinho. I think someone who has a bit of experience of the Championship and so can hit the ground running would be quite a helpful compliement to that crop of players.

For example - and I'm not suggesting he's the answer, necessarily - but it looks as though Matt Clarke from Brighton may be available. He's mid-20s, had a very successful loan spell at West Brom last season, is by all accounts pretty dominant and is left sided. He's probably not got quite as high a ceiling in terms of potential as Kouyate might have - but is he more the sort of profile we need in the first instance alongside THB and Maatsen?

You can make a similar case up front, although it's harder to find Championship ready forwards who can make a difference than it is centre backs.
Agree totally with this. Good post.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:13 am

Agree with Clarke, Cahill etc. Cant have everyone in the squad being a high potential/resale. You need wise heads. I’d take either an experienced championship centre back or a streetwise bully, we need some steel.

No need for them to be a footballer, we have THB for that.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:14 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:09 am
Gary Cahill on a free
Would be an outstanding signing imo. A general in the dressing room too.

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:20 am

Georges Mikautadze (centre forward)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/georges ... ler/729814

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:21 am

claretspice wrote:

That’s far too sensible.

Our method of signing young players and praying there a good enough is our preferred method

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1491 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:26 am

Phillips at Liverpool would be a good loan to buy option

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3607 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:33 am

claretspice wrote:

A million times this, fully agree.

Unfortunately the club (and the most vocal on this messageboard
) would rather we signed more unknowns from lower quality divisions than dare sign a player who is over the age of 26.

We’ve signed enough ambiguous ‘potential’ this summer to make the club money from sales in the future (that is, of course, if they prove actually good enough), it’s really critical that we get some players we can hang our hats on to slot straight in when it comes to a centre back and striker. Just my humble opinion!

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:38 am

Richardson again! Zero goals and assists versus QPR under 21s yesterday
I know Burnley fans are only 2nd to Everton for toxicity and impatience judging by our reaction to our young team and young goalkeeper in the last game but come on, Richardson has just come back from a very long injury layoff.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

creepingdeath
Been Liked: 64 times
Has Liked: 279 times

Post by creepingdeath » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:42 am

BigChaCha wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:38 am
I know Burnley fans are only 2nd to Everton for toxicity and impatience judging by our reaction to our young team and young goalkeeper in the last game but come on, Richardson has just come back from a very long injury layoff.
yes but people are saying he’s first team ready now when he clearly needs time

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3607 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:46 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:09 am
Gary Cahill on a free
Would definitely do the job - played half the games last season for Bournemouth and seems a naturally fit lad. What a great level of experience he could offer to McNally, Egan-Riley and THB.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:54 am

Tanganga is thought to be surplus at Spurs
But let's wait and see if McNally gets a chance to show his worth tonight

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:00 am

jedi_master wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:33 am
A million times this, fully agree.

Unfortunately the club (and the most vocal on this messageboard
) would rather we signed more unknowns from lower quality divisions than dare sign a player who is over the age of 26.

We’ve signed enough ambiguous ‘potential’ this summer to make the club money from sales in the future (that is, of course, if they prove actually good enough), it’s really critical that we get some players we can hang our hats on to slot straight in when it comes to a centre back and striker. Just my humble opinion!
The most vocal on here tend to be those who want shed loads spending on singular players to satisfy their own needs/desires.

I'd be happy to sign this lad from Brighton for the right price.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:07 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:00 am
The most vocal on here tend to be those who want shed loads spending on singular players to satisfy their own needs/desires.

I'd be happy to sign this lad from Brighton for the right price.
Biggest myth on here

I haven’t seen one person say we need to break the bank

Just re invest a decent portion of the millions we have made.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2605 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:24 am

CBA
Last edited by dandeclaret on Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:24 am

Compared to our incomings, our spend is actually very minimal. It's been a very good transfer window.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:25 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:07 am
Biggest myth on here

I haven’t seen one person say we need to break the bank

Just re invest a decent portion of the millions we have made.
We've already established your desire and need for instant gratification, that was only yesterday.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:26 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:24 am
GIADJ with 11,804 posts (7/09 per day), Newcastleclaret 7,282 (3.03 posts per day) KRBFC 15,605 (6.49 posts per day).... just the stats of a few selected posters.
Thanks, not sure what for, but thanks all the same 🤔

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1706 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:44 am

We need to find a "young Sol Bamba" to add some steel and discipline in marking at the back

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:52 am

Really good summary of every team’s transfers on this link. It also has financials which won’t be to everyone’s taste, but tough :D

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/champio ... bewerb/GB2

Looking at the list I would have said Middlesbrough were dark horses because of their talented loans, but they have started worse than us. What is evident, loans aside, is how few teams have signed players for money from the Premier League, we (Muric) are a rare case. I wonder if that is the 5 subs rule.

Some teams have noticeably been struggling to bring players in.
This user liked this post: SalisburyClaret

xxmunkyennuixx
Been Liked: 74 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by xxmunkyennuixx » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:58 am

Wrote elsewhere that I would take Cahill. He is a known quantity and has had a really good career. He also probably has an investment in our club from the start we gave him during his loan period. We've been great on the incomings this summer, added loads of youth and foreign talent over the summer so the balance of experience is perhaps skewed the other way to previously. Cork, J-Rod and Cahill for the spine of the team is not bad.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:05 pm

The major issue with Cahill is not his age (though that is a massive factor) it will be whether he would buy into the new VK philosophy and be able to play in that way. IMO that's why VK prefers younger players so he can develop them to how he wants them to perform. Older players will question the gaffer and cause issues IMO.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:13 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:05 pm
The major issue with Cahill is not his age (though that is a massive factor) it will be whether he would buy into the new VK philosophy and be able to play in that way. IMO that's why VK prefers younger players so he can develop them to how he wants them to perform. Older players will question the gaffer and cause issues IMO.
I think the biggest problem with Cahill right now is that he'd be unable to play as high as Kompany wants our back 4 to play in possession.

He may not be the answer, but I think we'll have to compromise somewhere. Forest signed Steve Cook to steady their backline last season and he was terrific for them. We may want someone younger and with some form of re-sale value - but I don't think it has to be someone of the calibre of Kouyate. We may be better off being a little more pragmatic. We need a bit of extra know-how/experience and a bit of extra height at the back. Given how comfortable the rest of the team in, that's more important than technical ability or resale value in my opinion.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan tiger76

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:17 pm

Clark going Middlesbrough for 2.25m

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/sta ... r3F9A&s=19

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:17 pm

..and with that, John Percy reports that Matt Clarke is off to Boro in a £2.25m deal. That's a team who play a broadly similar way to the way VK is trying to get us to play, and who ought to have less money available to them than we have. I haven't seen enough of Clarke to know if he'd have been our missing link, but it does underline that there are credible, seasoned Championship performers out there who can be signed for less than the sort of fees we've reportedly spent on relatively speculative purchases this summer.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:41 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:33 am
Unfortunately don't think this is ever going to happen. We seem all in on signing players that we think we can flip a profit on. If we don't think we can do that I don't think we sign them.

Hell there's people on here wanting Taylor moved on because he "doesn't fit the system" except the only reason he apparently doesn't fit is he's being asked to play a role and position he hasn't generally played before, because we got a loanee in for his position. It's doing him a disservice IMO but at 28 he's already deemed too old by some now.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3879 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:16 pm

BigChaCha wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:38 am
It was reported that our average age of the team is 25.

Not young in my eyes. About average

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Having moaned for a long time about Dyche and Garlick never looking to Europe for players, it seems odd to say this, but I think it is no coincidence that the two players who have looked the most 'oven ready' for the team have been Tella and TBH who have experience of English football. With some caveats Maatsen, has also looked up to speed and he of course also has Championship experience. Maybe with the crucial positions of CB and CF we might consider the added value that comes with players who are proven at this level and know what they are getting involved in.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 820 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:45 pm

More of the same really on Georges-Mikautadze

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/ ... s-updates/

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:59 pm

claretspice wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:13 pm
I think the biggest problem with Cahill right now is that he'd be unable to play as high as Kompany wants our back 4 to play in possession.

He may not be the answer, but I think we'll have to compromise somewhere. Forest signed Steve Cook to steady their backline last season and he was terrific for them. We may want someone younger and with some form of re-sale value - but I don't think it has to be someone of the calibre of Kouyate. We may be better off being a little more pragmatic. We need a bit of extra know-how/experience and a bit of extra height at the back. Given how comfortable the rest of the team in, that's more important than technical ability or resale value in my opinion.
Guarantee Cahill would beat THB in a foot race - also he’s a class act, he’d have an advantage with his ability of reading the game.

Phenomenal defender and would easily do a job

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5214 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:00 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:22 pm
Having moaned for a long time about Dyche and Garlick never looking to Europe for players, it seems odd to say this, but I think it is no coincidence that the two players who have looked the most 'oven ready' for the team have been Tella and TBH who have experience of English football. With some caveats Maatsen, has also looked up to speed and he of course also has Championship experience. Maybe with the crucial positions of CB and CF we might consider the added value that comes with players who are proven at this level and know what they are getting involved in.
I think its also no coincidence that the three players you mentioned are the three players we have loaned as I dont we would be able to get three players of that pedigree, quality and readiness on our budget and even regardless of budget I dont think Maatsen or TBH were available to buy anyhow.

I hope if we are in for a striker then that is the player we are going to spend a bit more on to get someone who is more proven and less of a risk as its such a key position

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:17 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:59 pm
Guarantee Cahill would beat THB in a foot race - also he’s a class act, he’d have an advantage with his ability of reading the game.

Phenomenal defender and would easily do a job
you would think if that's the case that there would be a whole host of clubs in for him - I've genuinely not heard of anyone at all (which I'm surprised at, thought he would be sorted by now)

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:55 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:00 pm
I think its also no coincidence that the three players you mentioned are the three players we have loaned as I dont we would be able to get three players of that pedigree, quality and readiness on our budget and even regardless of budget I dont think Maatsen or TBH were available to buy anyhow.

I hope if we are in for a striker then that is the player we are going to spend a bit more on to get someone who is more proven and less of a risk as its such a key position
There are players out there - you just have to pay for them.

Maatsen, for example, will be available to buy at the end of this season - Chelsea have about half a dozen international class left-backs ahead of him.

We aren't in a situation where we can't afford to buy English, or English-experienced, players. We are just choosing not to.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 170 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:01 pm

claretspice wrote:

My thoughts exactly: two more experienced pro's needed to guide the youngsters (CM and CH)