Irony at it’s best

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Irony at it’s best

Post by Andreshotboots » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 pm

I’m a Darwen Claret and I’ve had so many messages from my horse molesting chums claiming we’re “buying the Championship already”. They’re seriously getting worried about us already before a ball is kicked, they’ve had a mass exodus and we’re seemingly strengthening with young, hungry players.

Rumour is they were lining up Twine to replace that long haired scruffy bloke up front, once he is sold too…unlucky!!

There’s nothing I love more than walking through Darwen wearing my Clarets shirt, full of pride, years ago they’d give me all sorts, now they just look away or pretend they’ve not seen me. Long May it continue !! UTC
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat Burnley1989 bfcjg Smile Suratclaret

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Re: Irony at it’s best

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:36 pm

F**k em mate!
This user liked this post: Andreshotboots

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:05 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:36 pm
F**k em mate!
We were not put on this Earth to give them any pleasure.
This user liked this post: Andingle

Fretters
Been Liked: 1033 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by Fretters » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:47 am

Andreshotboots wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 pm
I’m a Darwen Claret and I’ve had so many messages from my horse molesting chums claiming we’re “buying the Championship already”. They’re seriously getting worried about us already before a ball is kicked, they’ve had a mass exodus and we’re seemingly strengthening with young, hungry players.

Rumour is they were lining up Twine to replace that long haired scruffy bloke up front, once he is sold too…unlucky!!

There’s nothing I love more than walking through Darwen wearing my Clarets shirt, full of pride, years ago they’d give me all sorts, now they just look away or pretend they’ve not seen me. Long May it continue !! UTC
I live on Oakdale behind the Fernhurst and I'm hearing similar noises, it's great!

Flixtonclaret1
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by Flixtonclaret1 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:13 am

Andreshotboots wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 pm

I had the misfortune to have to drive through Darwen on my way to Blackpool CC after visiting my daughter in Bolton on Thursday. I have a BFC number plate and a claret strip in the back window. I was verbally abused 3 times as I made my way through the town.

😂

Smile
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by Smile » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 am

That most certainly is irony. In fact, I should contact Collins and ask them to add it as a definition.
This user liked this post: Loyal Supporter

Loyal Supporter
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Loyal Supporter » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:39 am

:lol:
Smile wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 am
That most certainly is irony. In fact, I should contact Collins and ask them to add it as a definition.
:lol: :lol: :lol: