NYC sightseeing pass

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
karatekid
Been Liked: 1113 times
Has Liked: 318 times

NYC sightseeing pass

Post by karatekid » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:53 pm

First time in New York (midtown) just before Christmas and I've been looking at the various passes on offer but thought I'd get some Claret advice before buying online. We want to visit the usual sites of Empire state, 9/11 memorial, statue of liberty and maybe a bus tour.

Any recommendations would be good. :)

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: NYC sightseeing pass

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:10 pm

Must do is Ellen's stardust diner.
Horse drawn carriage ride around Central Park.
Staten Island Ferry

But do allow enough time at 9/11 Memorial, it's still shocking that this could happen even now.

Oppycat
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by Oppycat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:13 pm

The Highline is a nice free attraction, elevated walkway through the city with arty bits and pieces along the way

Oppycat

Post by Oppycat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:13 pm

The Highline is a nice free attraction, elevated walkway through the city with arty bits and pieces along the way

Oppycat

Post by Oppycat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:14 pm

So good I named it twice…
This user liked this post: frankinwales

California Colner
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by California Colner » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:14 pm

Yankee Stadium tour and Madison Square Garden tour

MiltonKeynesClaret93
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 78 times

Post by MiltonKeynesClaret93 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:15 pm

The CityPass is absolutely brilliant. Used a couple times. handled via QR codes these days and dead easy to sort.
I'd highly recommend.

https://www.citypass.com/new-york?mv_so ... IJEALw_wcB
These 2 users liked this post: karatekid Burnley Ace

Rammy1968
Been Liked: 95 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Rammy1968 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:25 pm

Helicopter up the Hudson is a must, we did a boat trip down the Hudson at night as well which again was good as you see the city from a different perspective. Try and plan out what you are doing as there is so much to see and do and most of it is within walking distance. We also did a bike ride tour around Central Park which was pretty good. To be honest I loved every bit of it great city to visit enjoy

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3607 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:30 pm

Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Centre) is a better view than the top of the ESB, in my opinion - even though not as tall. It’s just sheets of glass surrounding the view as opposed to all of the meshed fencing at the top of ESB. Both great though.

If you want a lovely meal with an amazing view I recommend The River Cafe which is over the water just next to Brooklyn Bridge. The view of the Manhattan skyline from there at night is absolutely breathtaking.

Have a great time - Hell of a city. I got engaged there.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:35 pm

Just got back today after 5 packed days in nyc.

We didn’t bother with the nyc pass as didn’t want to do a lot of what it entails. Amongst what we saw were:

- Helicopter up the Hudson - a must, we used HeliNY
-Top of the rock - better that going up the Empire State as you can see uptown (Central Park) and downtown
- Moma - awesome museum
- Central park
- St Patrick’s cathedral
- Grand central
- WTC memorial and museum
- Times square (just see it at night and never go back, way too busy)
- Highline
- Essex market
- We didn’t bother with the Statue of Liberty as saw it in the helicopter

Be warned, nyc is more expensive than its ever been. £10-12 a beer as a guide.

Twistedbyknaves
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Twistedbyknaves » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm

Some great recommendations so far. The sightseeing pass is great value. The one world centre is amazing. Tick tock diner was good. Pastrami queen did the most amazing pastrami sandwiches. Night court was fascinating too. Sat there at the back of the courtroom with a few reporters while watching new arrests brought in and the lawyers arguing before the judge decides on bail or bars.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:41 pm

This thread makes me feel old - it's 42 years ago that I was in New York.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1187 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:35 pm
Just got back today after 5 packed days in nyc.

We didn’t bother with the nyc pass as didn’t want to do a lot of what it entails. Amongst what we saw were:

- Helicopter up the Hudson - a must, we used HeliNY
-Top of the rock - better that going up the Empire State as you can see uptown (Central Park) and downtown
- Moma - awesome museum
- Central park
- St Patrick’s cathedral
- Grand central
- WTC memorial and museum
- Times square (just see it at night and never go back, way too busy)
- Highline
- Essex market
- We didn’t bother with the Statue of Liberty as saw it in the helicopter

Be warned, nyc is more expensive than its ever been. £10-12 a beer as a guide.
These all good, I'd add walking the Brooklyn Bridge (wrap up warm in December), Statten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.

It's big money at the minute but I'm not sure where you pay £10-12 for a beer, unless they see you coming. Most places you are looking at £6-7 now, though for a domestic or craft ale.

For food I'd suggest Katz Deli for a pastrami sandwich, Emmetts Pizza in Greenwich Village and some oysters in Grand Central oyster bar.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:55 pm

[*]
Darthlaw wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 pm
These all good, I'd add walking the Brooklyn Bridge (wrap up warm in December), Statten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.

It's big money at the minute but I'm not sure where you pay £10-12 for a beer, unless they see you coming. Most places you are looking at £6-7 now, though for a domestic or craft ale.

For food I'd suggest Katz Deli for a pastrami sandwich, Emmetts Pizza in Greenwich Village and some oysters in Grand Central oyster bar.

Forgot about the Brooklyn bridge, we did that then went up to Williamsburg which I loved.

Beers were defo ranging from 9 to 11 dollars, so with tax and tip was north of £10 pretty much everywhere we went, and you don’t get a 568ml pint.

Food recommendations

Nom wah tea parlour - Dim Sum
ISodi - Italian
Johns of bleaker street - pizza
Oxomoco - Mexican
Los tacos no 1 - the best tacos in the city, great for a quick bite
Russ & daughter - salmon and cream cheese bagels
Momosan - ramen

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:56 pm

I was there just last month.

Didn’t bother with any passes but did book must stuff before we went.

We visited The Edge (absolutely superb)
Went to a New York Mets ball game at Citi Field - one of the best things I’ve ever done, had a blast.
Visited the Ghostbusters HQ
Did the 9/11 memorial
Saw The Statue of Liberty
Wandered round Central Park for half a day (don’t bother with the zoo, really poor).

Did a really nice rooftop bar but the name escapes me.

I personally wouldn’t bother with the pass though.

I found beer to be just under 10 dollars in most places, give it take a dollar. One of the most expensive places I’ve ever been in my life.

Times Square is worth a look, we went at 7am one day and it was amazing to see it so quiet. Also went on a Saturday night - was utterly insane, but something I won’t forget.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:00 pm

New York is an excellent place to visit and enjoy. I lived and worked there for a time in early 90s and visited many times for work and for leisure up to 2015. New York will be "all lit up" for Christmas when you visit, but it also means the days are short. All the skyscrapers lit up can look great, but you can see a lot more of NY's skyline when it's daylight. In December it may be bright and sunny with snow on the ground - or it can be cloudy and overcast , maybe even raining heavily. Given it's Christmas, Bloomingdales and Macy's may both be worth a visit. FAO Schwartz iconic toy store is in Rockefeller Center. Rockefeller Plaza has ice rink in winter months. Times Square is worth a visit at any time. New York never sleeps! High Line should be good, though I've never done it in winter. 9/11 memorial area is a must visit. Central Park is good to visit, whether summer or winter. A cruise round Manhattan is good to do on a very hot day in summer. I doubt it's worth it in winter. Some of the museums and art galleries are great to visit, if that's your thing - but you will see a lot of European artists. You can sail past the Statue of Liberty on a Staten Island Ferry - the ferry doesn't cost a lot. (I've never been up the Statue of Liberty). Find a bar where they are showing Premier League while you are there, maybe one of the many Irish bars around mid-town. Take a bite of the Big Apple and enjoy!

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:04 pm

I did the highline, as Paul mentioned, was lovely. Not sure how it would be like in winter. Runs above Chelsea market - sell some really nice stuff in there. The mrs spent a fortune on overpriced jewellery!

timel0veandtendayi
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by timel0veandtendayi » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:08 pm

Some great advice here so hope this helps too. Didn't bother with a pass though. Loads to do without paying for it.

Plenty of great tour videos on YouTube so I'd spend some time watching them to see what you really want to do while you're there, then plot it on a map to plan your days. That might sound over the top but the place is huge so well worth knowing where you want to go.

We got a Subway pass for the 4 nights we were there, I think it costs about $35. Most Subway lines go literally up and down Manhattan, with just one or two that go across (worth knowing if you do plan your days).

The High Line is a great place to wander. Ground Zero will probably take more time than you think, we thought we'd stop off there for a quick look but you can't help but take time there. I'd recommend Top of the Rock but can't compare it to the others, but would agree you'd get a better view there than others with Central Park one way, and all the other attractions (Empire State, World Trade etc) the other way. We paid a little extra and chose to go back at night, as well as in the day, for the view, well worth it. If you need a day to break up the city-ness, then take the Subway and go to Coney Island for a day at the beach. Staten Island ferry is worth doing just to see the Statue of Liberty, and again at night, especially since it's free.

Not the most relaxing place to go overall but I'm sure you'll love it.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1187 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:17 pm

On the bars, best is to get off the main drag and wander in/out of bars. I went in one off Nassau which was banging beers out at $6, went 30 yards round the corner and Carraghers was charging $8+.

Also, I usually stay in Williamsburg/Brooklyn where the food and drink choice is great around Bedford Ave. In May I stayed in Chelsea and there was reasonable priced beers in that area and the meatpacking district.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3607 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:28 pm

Don’t think it’s been mentioned so far but another thing I’ve enjoyed each time we’ve been - Coney Island. If you want a total change up one afternoon, it’s a really nice old school American boardwalk with the original Nathan’s Hot Dogs stand and some classic rides like the Cyclone rollercoaster. It’s a side of New York totally at odds with everything else (some might call it a dump!) but it’s beautiful sat with a beer on the boardwalk late afternoon.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:31 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:28 pm
Don’t think it’s been mentioned so far but another thing I’ve enjoyed each time we’ve been - Coney Island. If you want a total change up one afternoon, it’s a really nice old school American boardwalk with the original Nathan’s Hot Dogs stand and some classic rides like the Cyclone rollercoaster. It’s a side of New York totally at odds with everything else (some might call it a dump!) but it’s beautiful sat with a beer on the boardwalk late afternoon.
We did exactly that on Monday. Mrs hasn’t forgiven me for taking her on the cyclone.

It was over cast with a bit of rain, and very very quiet, so don’t think we saw it at it’s best, best glad we did it.

Another place I forgot to mention is Bryant Park, magical place to take a coffee and croissant for breakfast.
Last edited by Granny WeatherWax on Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:32 pm

14 years since I last visited, 9/11 was still a hole in the ground.
The prices for ESB, Top of the Rock were very reasonable when compared to the rip offs you get in this country.
We stayed in 33rd st.
Most days we'd get the subway to the Battery, and wander back taking a different route each day.
It's a noisy, buit very peaceful city. No trouble at all while we were there.
As well as all the good shouts above, when in Central Park, don't forget to check out The Tavern on the Green and Strawberry fields, which is just over the road from the Dakota building. You can almost guarantee a hippy, with an audience, belting out Beatles hits.

todclaret
Been Liked: 110 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by todclaret » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:34 pm

One of my favourites is to take the PATH from the WTC to Exchange Place, and enjoy the view with a coffee.
The PATH will take you in to Jersey City, Hoboken which I found to be excellent alternatives when I wanted a break from the hubub of Manhattan.
If I recall, it goes as far as Newark, with a stop at Harrison. The latter being the stop for NY Red Bulls' stadium

I always found the view from Brooklyn Bridge disappointing, so on my last visit I walked across the south walkway of Manhattan Bridge in to Brooklyn. A little disconcerting at first but well worth it for the view of southern Manhattan. Not one for the faint hearted as this is a railway bridge with pedestrian walkways on either side so you can easily feel out of place as it is not even remotely a tourist attraction like Brooklyn Bridge.

It'll be three years ago in February, but a weekly pass on the subway was only $33, which I made full use of. I think it may also have covered some bus routes as well.

karatekid

Post by karatekid » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:40 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:00 pm

A cruise round Manhattan is good to do on a very hot day in summer. I doubt it's worth it in winter.
This is one of the things we were considering doing. The circle line departs at 10am & 1.30pm in winter so it would be a daytime cruise that sails completely around Manhatten island. Is there any particular reason you say it's not a good idea as I can only think of potential weather issues which could be decided on the day I suppose as I don't expect it to be over busy in the early part of December.

karatekid

Post by karatekid » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:46 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:31 pm
We did exactly that on Monday. Mrs hasn’t forgiven me for taking her on the cyclone.

It was over cast with a bit of rain, and very very quiet, so don’t think we saw it at it’s best, best glad we did it.

Another place I forgot to mention is Bryant Park, magical place to take a coffee and croissant for breakfast.
We are staying about 15 minutes walk from Bryant Park and I believe it is quite something at Christmas time when trimmed up.

todclaret
Been Liked: 110 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by todclaret » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 pm

I almost forgot Legend's Bar.
Right across the street from the southern face of the Empire State Building.
Opens at 7am on a Saturday to allow customers to go downstairs in to the Football Factory.
Here you'll find all PL games streamed, together with some Championship games, and many other leagues from around the world. Well worth a visit, especially if we have a match on.

https://www.legendsffnyc.com/

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Tinribs » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 pm

We bought the city pass and it was well worth the money and got to see everything.
If your doing Statue of Liberty go online and book now if you can they have a limited amount of tickets where you can actually climb right up the inside staircase that leads to the crown of the statue,once there it fits about 4 people at once but we’ll worth it.
Recommend Ellen’s stardust diner too,fantastic place to eat all the staff are wannabe musical stars.
A tube ride over to Brooklyn and then a walk back over the Brooklyn bridge is another good one to do.
911 memorial museum is emotional

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:56 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:41 pm
This thread makes me feel old - it's 42 years ago that I was in New York.
I remember you telling me about this: you went for your 50th, didn’t you?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:59 pm

Tinribs wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 pm
We bought the city pass and it was well worth the money and got to see everything.
If your doing Statue of Liberty go online and book now if you can they have a limited amount of tickets where you can actually climb right up the inside staircase that leads to the crown of the statue,once there it fits about 4 people at once but we’ll worth it.
Recommend Ellen’s stardust diner too,fantastic place to eat all the staff are wannabe musical stars.
A tube ride over to Brooklyn and then a walk back over the Brooklyn bridge is another good one to do.
911 memorial museum is emotional
Good shout about the SOL, we got on Liberty Island, but couldn't do the Statue.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:00 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:56 pm
I remember you telling me about this: you went for your 50th, didn’t you?
Behave

Pickles
Been Liked: 1392 times
Has Liked: 1227 times

Post by Pickles » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:18 pm

I was never that interested in going until I went with work for a month and yep - it's an immense, brilliant place. Always said since if I won the Euromillions I'd try and buy somewhere there. Although I'd probably need to win it twice!

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:18 pm

Cocktail history and speakeasy tour was a highlight for me. Not the cheapest night out I've ever had but genuinely interesting way to have too much booze.

holycustard
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by holycustard » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 pm

We have a friend who drove us everywhere in new york even went to john gotties house and the place they chucked bodies in the hudson river :shock: :lol: hes taking us to niagra falls next time hope he doesnt throw us in. :D
ladder 8 the ghostbusters firehouse was cool cant think of anywhere we didnt go staten island ferrys free and theres a bulls balls you can stroke for good luck. :D :D

Pickles
Been Liked: 1392 times
Has Liked: 1227 times

Post by Pickles » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 pm

holycustard! :D

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:43 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:00 pm
Behave
😂😂😂😂

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:44 pm

holycustard wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 pm
We have a friend who drove us everywhere in new york even went to john gotties house and the place they chucked bodies in the hudson river :shock: :lol: hes taking us to niagra falls next time hope he doesnt throw us in. :D
ladder 8 the ghostbusters firehouse was cool cant think of anywhere we didnt go staten island ferrys free and theres a bulls balls you can stroke for good luck. :D :D
Cripes!!

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2037 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:08 pm

We got the hop on hop off pass. It’s the red sightseeing bus and uses broadway actors as guides going around Manhattan and Brooklyn and stops at every landmark/event that is included on the pass. First day did the full route on the sightseeing bus and noted each place we liked the look of.

9/11 museum was the best/worst of the lot. Went up freedom tower (wtc), Empire State and top of the rock. Only the Empire State was a waste of time so wouldn’t do that. Did the Hudson boat tour, watched the yankees, Knicks, Mets and Nets. Highly recommend going over to Brooklyn to see the Barclays center and eat at Brennan and Carr. Coney Island was a nice change of scenery too.

Honourable mentions for things to visit are the intrepid and the transit museums, Ellis island and MetLife stadium across the Hudson in New Jersey

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:12 pm

If you are flying out of JFK get there a few hours early and go to the old TWA terminal/hotel outside Terminal 5. In the summer there’s a roof top bar with an infinity pool overlooking the runway, really good.

https://ny.curbed.com/2019/7/23/2069689 ... eservation

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:38 pm

karatekid wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:40 pm
This is one of the things we were considering doing. The circle line departs at 10am & 1.30pm in winter so it would be a daytime cruise that sails completely around Manhatten island. Is there any particular reason you say it's not a good idea as I can only think of potential weather issues which could be decided on the day I suppose as I don't expect it to be over busy in the early part of December.
It was a very hot day, 100F, in August when I did it, stopping off in NY on the way back from west coast with my tired and jet-lagged father who was late 70s at the time. (Too hot to do anything else). It was worth it, because otherwise we'd have been finding somewhere to keep cool and not going anywhere. On a day when you could be doing other things, there are long stretches sailing around Manhattan when you are not seeing anything that will make you think "wow."

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2271 times

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:04 am

Definitely recommend the Rockefeller Centre, Top of the Rock. The two main differences from the Empire State building - one, because it's a sort of step shape at the top, you can stand outdoors at the top with no glass or anything to spoil the view. (If you threw yourself off, you would only fall one floor.) Two, you can't see the Empire State Building from the top of the Empire State Building!

The hop-on hop-off buses are good, but the round trip takes about 3 hours (at least, it does in June) so you still need to plan your activity. Stopping off at the Statue of Liberty was good. Interesting museum inside. The nighttime guided bus tour (no hopping on or off) was better, but likely to be pretty cold on the top deck!

Carriage rides through the park are vastly expensive.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1033 times
Has Liked: 1522 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:39 am

Too drunk usually to do any sightseeing.

If you're in midtown, find Vezzo for the best pizza you'll probably ever have (31st and Lex).

I love to spend a night drinking around at the Hudson hotel bar/club (58th and 9th near Columbus Circle).

Also in midtown good bars include The Junction (39th and Lex) as is the Park Avenue Tavern (39th and Park) - both just south of Grand Central station.

I could name a a lot of places but these few stand out more than the rest.

As mentioned above, if football is on, get to Legends.

I don't really do the sights as per but the Rockefeller suggestion makes sense - you need to see the Empire state from the top of a building, not be on it. The World Trade Center is good but it's all sealed inside a glass building, but the views are good.

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:56 am

karatekid wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:53 pm
First time in New York (midtown) just before Christmas and I've been looking at the various passes on offer but thought I'd get some Claret advice before buying online. We want to visit the usual sites of Empire state, 9/11 memorial, statue of liberty and maybe a bus tour.

What date are you going? Me and my wife might be there at the same time.

Twistedbyknaves
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Twistedbyknaves » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 am

Also a mention for the tenement museum on the lower east side if you like any history. Told from the perspective of the families who lived there.

karatekid

Post by karatekid » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:19 am

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:56 am
What date are you going? Me and my wife might be there at the same time.

December 7 -12 👍

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:39 am

If you get the city pass you will probably see more and visit places that you might not have. Lots of attractions open until late in the evening eg go to the Empire State around 10pm and you won’t queue. Top of the Rock day and night. NBC Studio Tour. Manhattan boat trip.

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:02 am

Get an Uber to City Hall Park just before sunrise and then walk across Brooklyn Bridge. It's unbelievably nice... although wrap up because it'll be freezing! When you get in to Brooklyn, walk down to the pier for a great view of the Manhattan skyline. You'll probably be hungry by this point so walk further in to Brooklyn to Clarks, it's about a 10 minute walk and the breakfast is great!

Fretters
Been Liked: 1052 times
Has Liked: 556 times

Post by Fretters » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:59 pm

karatekid wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi Karatekid, my wife is a travel agent if you'd like some professional advice. She might even be able to get you a deal on a travel pass, just mention this message board if you contact her (Travel By Leanne on all the social media pages).

Stevie2112
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by Stevie2112 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:30 pm

karatekid wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:19 am
December 7 -12 👍
I'm there 8-12

Stevie2112
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 475 times