Wout Weghorst Debut at Besiktas

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: Wout Weghorst Debut at Besiktas

Post by tiger76 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:30 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:22 pm
It’s happened several times at a number of tournaments where Dutch players fallen out / refused to play. Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert, Van Nistleroy and a number of others.

England have only won one tournament due to them a having a long history of being pretty crap !! But at least the players have all remained pretty friendly whilst they were underperforming !!

Dutch have had some great sides and with the great players they have had should have won more…..I’m not counting the current side in that as if WW can make their team or bench they are obviously struggling !!
Ah! sorry I though you meant at their clubs, yes there does seem to be a problem within their national set-up, and really with all the talent they've had at their disposal they should have won more I agree.

I don't know much about this present Dutch side, but they certainly don't appear to be the force they once were, and they made little impact in the recent Euro's to suggest they'll be a threat in Qatar.
This user liked this post: Big Vinny K

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:47 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:13 pm
xx
Middle aged man trying so hard to be an internet bully, sort your life out mate.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:49 pm

I liked Weghorst....getting a lot of grief on here though
What do I know?

Nothing.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:04 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:47 pm
Middle aged man trying so hard to be an internet bully, sort your life out mate.
xx

More lemonade in your cans of Top Deck is required

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:28 pm

I get his need to play at a higher level than the championship to help his WC credentials (not sure I agree though)

If Weghorst was committed to this club he would have been back after the World Cup. No need for a full 12 month loan.

To want to come back when and only if we get back to the PL is what annoys me - especially when he did nothing for us at that level.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:13 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:29 pm
So where did you decide he had a rotten attitude?
Rotten attitude - joining a team in a relegation battle at the end of January, doing very little to help them fight relegation and from day 1 to the press conference where he said he was leaving had no interest in the team he was joining beyond his own interests. He had one foot out of the door before he was on the pitch.

Foolish of the club to go along with it, but still a rotten attitude.

And as mentioned above, thinking he can swan back in once we get promoted as if he hasn't 1) burnt his bridges and 2) not got the ability to actually contribute.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:50 pm

He explicitly said that van Gaal is very picky about picking players that play in top divisions.
He went because he knows he stands better chance of being picked for the national team at Besiktas.

I don't think it was ever agreed he'd stay after relegation and was likely ironed out already by his agent in his contract.

I don't see a problem with it personally. If we were to go back to only signing players happy to accept lower league football and a wage drop then we go back to signing less reputable players.

I'd like to see another player who played champions league football two seasons back happy to play in the championship. It was clear Cornet didn't want to either!
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:55 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:50 pm
He explicitly said that van Gaal is very picky about picking players that play in top divisions.
He went because he knows he stands better chance of being picked for the national team at Besiktas.

I don't think it was ever agreed he'd stay after relegation and was likely ironed out already by his agent in his contract.

I don't see a problem with it personally. If we were to go back to only signing players happy to accept lower league football and a wage drop then we go back to signing less reputable players.

I'd like to see another player who played champions league football two seasons back happy to play in the championship. It was clear Cornet didn't want to either!
The difference between Weghorst and Cornet is that if Cornet hadn't played well enough to earn a £17.5m (or at least earn a more modest profit) move he would probably still be here.

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:01 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:55 pm
The difference between Weghorst and Cornet is that if Cornet hadn't played well enough to earn a £17.5m (or at least earn a more modest profit) move he would probably still be here.
That doesn't really have any relevance to attitude though does it. They both want to play European football. I can't believe any Burnley fan wouldn't understand why.

We can't expect to hold on to players in a league below when the alternative is to play in Europe, be that because they want to test themselves, because they want to earn more money or because they want to be competitive in the national team squad it doesn't matter.

I don't buy that he has a bad attitude. You simply can't draw to that conclusion without knowing him. I think it's wrong for us to assume the worst.
This user liked this post: Oppycat

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:03 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:01 pm
That doesn't really have any relevance to attitude though does it. They both want to play European football. I can't believe any Burnley fan wouldn't understand why.

We can't expect to hold on to players in a league below when the alternative is to play in Europe, be that because they want to test themselves, because they want to earn more money or because they want to be competitive in the national team squad it doesn't matter.

I don't buy that he has a bad attitude. You simply can't draw to that conclusion without knowing him. I think it's wrong for us to assume the worst.
It does really. Cornet came on a deal that suited all parties. Weghorst came on a deal that suited one man and one man only. To me that selfishness is bad attitude.

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:46 pm

I heard that Weghorst was an absolute model pro throughout his time at Burnley.

I don’t have any hard feelings about what he’s done and totally understand.
These 7 users liked this post: superdimitri Burnley Ace Vino blanco simonclaret nil_desperandum burnleymik Oppycat

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:54 pm

The argument about playing in the top league in Turkey doesn’t stack up. Most of the teams in that league would struggle in the Championship. Therefore, the quality of opposition he’s likely to be banging them in against does not stack up tbh. Another smokescreen. As another poster said why agree a one year loan when the World Cup is in a few months. Something smells along with the attitude issue at Watford etc.

With the team spirit we have built up over the years the incident with Roberts tells you a lot too. A bad apple is what he is irrespective of SD singing his praises a few times in terms of attitude. Actions speak loudest and the nonsense re the World Cup chances does not make sense.

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:59 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:03 pm
It does really. Cornet came on a deal that suited all parties. Weghorst came on a deal that suited one man and one man only. To me that selfishness is bad attitude.
How do you know Cornet came on that deal? All we know (and it's speculative at best) is that he had a release clause.
That may have been a release clause based on relegation.

Cornet left to play at a higher level like Weghorst and was left out of the team training the entirety of the time but people are blaming Weghorst more when he's still a Burnley player and Cornet isn't because Cornet contributed more? Bear in mind contribution has nothing to do with attitude.

I don't think either players have a bad attitude. You don't make it in football at that level if you do. Both players will have excellent attitudes I'm sure.

Just like Weghorst, Cornet also would have had clauses so he wouldn't have to play in the championship. Be that release clause or loan, whatever.

Raconteur
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by Raconteur » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:17 pm

MDWat wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:46 pm

You definitely heard wrong. His behaviour after being subbed at Watford was clear to see.

Sulking, not celebrating any of the goals or the victory with your team mates in such an important game is not what i call an absolute model pro.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:41 pm

Raconteur wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:17 pm
You definitely heard wrong. His behaviour after being subbed at Watford was clear to see.

Sulking, not celebrating any of the goals or the victory with your team mates in such an important game is not what i call an absolute model pro.
I do t think that’s a fair recollection of his behaviour at Watford, we’re you there or watching it on TV

Raconteur
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by Raconteur » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:28 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:41 pm
I do t think that’s a fair recollection of his behaviour at Watford, we’re you there or watching it on TV
It was as clear as day. The camera clearly showed him sulking through all the celebrations.

Yes, i watched it on tv. I couldn't afford the cost of the match down at Watford. I would have loved to have been there but money was tight with having to pay for my daughters school holiday and her 16th birthday the following week. Unfortunately i cannot afford to go to all the away games so i do watch the majority of away games on tv.

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:32 pm

Raconteur wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:28 pm
It was as clear as day. The camera clearly showed him sulking through all the celebrations.

Yes, i watched it on tv. I couldn't afford the cost of the match down at Watford. I would have loved to have been there but money was tight with having to pay for my daughters school holiday and her 16th birthday the following week. Unfortunately i cannot afford to go to all the away games so i do watch the majority of away games on tv.
It’s not a criticism of your non attendance rather that your condemnation is formed on a few seconds of TV coverage. I and many of the people that were there aren’t quite as critical as those that just watched on TV.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:43 pm

MDWat wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:46 pm

The dyche view?

From all accounts seems to differ from the players view as the season progressed (and dyche left).

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:45 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:32 pm
It’s not a criticism of your non attendance rather that your condemnation is formed on a few seconds of TV coverage. I and many of the people that were there aren’t quite as critical as those that just watched on TV.
That’s probably because we had a far better view on the TV at what he did.
It was absolute clear as day that he chose not to celebrate the goals when the rest of the bench and squad were all celebrating. He sat there reading a programme with his head down like nothing had happened on the pitch.
From that point he went down in a lot of fans estimation.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:01 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:59 pm
How do you know Cornet came on that deal? All we know (and it's speculative at best) is that he had a release clause.
That may have been a release clause based on relegation.

Cornet left to play at a higher level like Weghorst and was left out of the team training the entirety of the time but people are blaming Weghorst more when he's still a Burnley player and Cornet isn't because Cornet contributed more? Bear in mind contribution has nothing to do with attitude.

I don't think either players have a bad attitude. You don't make it in football at that level if you do. Both players will have excellent attitudes I'm sure.

Just like Weghorst, Cornet also would have had clauses so he wouldn't have to play in the championship. Be that release clause or loan, whatever.
Except that in Cornet's case he had clubs knocking on the door to sign him for the release clause. In Weghorst's case he basically pimped himself out almost before the dust had settled and even then we had mo takers except for some poxy loan deal that barely covers the bases.

**** him. I never want to see him at our club again

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:08 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:45 pm
It was absolute clear as day that he chose not to celebrate the goals when the rest of the bench and squad were all celebrating. He sat there reading a programme with his head down like nothing had happened on the pitch.
Reading a programme? I just don’t think that’s true, but if you want to believe that, I’m not going to argue.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:13 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:08 pm
Reading a programme? I just don’t think that’s true, but if you want to believe that, I’m not going to argue.
Have you even seen the TV coverage ?
He had his head down and was reading something - it may have not been a programme a suppose. Maybe it was the Chinese take away menu ?

Unless you had binoculars how can you have a better view than those watching on TV when the camera was pointing at Weghorst and our bench ?
This user liked this post: Woonderbah

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:14 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:08 pm
He clearly snubbed Jackson at the end of the game too. This is not to say that his attitude on the pitch and around the training ground wasn’t professional for the best part of his stay, but his behaviour at Watford was extremely poor and something I can’t recall seeing during the whole of Dyche’s tenure.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 323 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by Woonderbah » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:45 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:45 pm
Absolutely true, that's what I saw too

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:00 am

Involved in a 3-3 game today - didn’t score, got booked, Besiktas had 10 men for the entirety of the second half so probably didn’t see much of the ball.

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:58 am

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:01 pm
Except that in Cornet's case he had clubs knocking on the door to sign him for the release clause. In Weghorst's case he basically pimped himself out almost before the dust had settled and even then we had mo takers except for some poxy loan deal that barely covers the bases.

**** him. I never want to see him at our club again
We don't know the details of the loan deal. It may work out very well for us. I don't think any of this has anything to do with his attitude though, which one moment mentioned again and again in this thread seemed excellent to me.

I really don't understand the sour grapes here. I bet if one of us were hooked off only to find the team does better without us we'd be pretty cheesed off for not playing well or being part of it.

It was clear to me he always gave 100% for us. You could see it in his work rate when he played.

If you compare his work rate to Cornet who at times just looked like he couldn't be bothered to track back then you really have to wonder how seriously someone can say Weghorst had a bad attitude.

I hope we see him again, I think he has more to offer in the last few years of his career.

Bullabill
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Bullabill » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:31 am

superdimitri wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:58 am

I hope we see him again, I think he has more to offer in the last few years of his career.
Me too. He's an international footballer with considerable ability and always appeared to me to give plenty on the field.
His rationale for not playing in the Championship this season (world cup ambitions) is fair enough - he's not going to get another chance. Should it be that we don't get promotion, we'll see something of his character when faced with the Championship question next season.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 323 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by Woonderbah » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:33 am

If you watch this clip you'll see the celebrations for Cork's goal (around 6:50) and WW reading the programme.. what the clip doesn't show is that he does the same after Brownhill's goal and at full time.
I don't think anyone's doubting his ability but his attitude towards team morale stinks.

https://www.watfordfc.com/video/match-h ... 02122#play

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:26 am

Woonderbah wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:33 am
If you watch this clip you'll see the celebrations for Cork's goal (around 6:50) and WW reading the programme.. what the clip doesn't show is that he does the same after Brownhill's goal and at full time.
I don't think anyone's doubting his ability but his attitude towards team morale stinks.

https://www.watfordfc.com/video/match-h ... 02122#play
Do you mean the bit where he leans forward between the chairs and watches the goal again on the iPad that Ben Mee had been holding? Would you have preferred it if he had shuffled down 4 seats to dance on the pitch?

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:43 pm

If he has a bad attitude and can do this I'd love to see what he can do with a good attitude.
https://theathletic.com/3278186/2022/04 ... ter/?amp=1
This user liked this post: Quicknick

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:26 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:55 pm
So you blame Dyche for not playing to his strengths and you blame Jackson for leaving him out. The simple answer was he was nowhere near good enough. Fingers crossed he never comes back.

As for bagging a hat full this season. Do you honestly think Kompany would have played him?
Two seasons second highest scorer in Bundesliga. Upwards of 4 years averaging a goal every other game. Playing for Holland. And he wasn’t good enough? Thing is I think even Messi would have struggled under Dyches system. Dyche did a great job for us and I am grateful he was with us but he couldn’t put together an attacking side if his life depended on it. I’m not sure he even liked strikers. His continued use of the very obviously over the hill Barnes instead of the criminally underused Vydra says it all.

Who knows anyway? If we get promoted he might come back. He is after all only on loan. 😊

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:07 pm

Just scored a header in his pub league. Should help his WC chances

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:57 am

Remember his fall out with Roberts at the end of the Wales game as well? It's clear he wasn't particularly liked by others in the squad

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:35 am

Weghorst can’t win in some fans eyes this season. If he doesn’t score a lot, it will ‘verify’ their misguided viewpoint that he is ****, and if he scores a bag full, it doesn’t count as it’s a pub league…..

Probably the same fans who keep shouting at Muric to boot it long. Best to be ignored.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 456 times

Post by spt_claret » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:09 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:35 am
Weghorst can’t win in some fans eyes this season. If he doesn’t score a lot, it will ‘verify’ their misguided viewpoint that he is ****, and if he scores a bag full, it doesn’t count as it’s a pub league…..

Probably the same fans who keep shouting at Muric to boot it long. Best to be ignored.
Don't disagree with the first part but quoting just because I'm getting tired of arguments like the second part. It's a lazy way to group any views you don't like or agree with as just haters or trolls to be ignored rather than engage in good faith. This isn't even specifically directed at you just a board trend I've happened to notice recently.

I'm very concerned we overplay it short at the back, both too often and too riskily, and that the players might not be quite good enough to do it properly regardless of instruction. I also happen to think Weghorst played terrific the first few games,was unlucky not to score more but then his form dropped (coinciding with Cork and Pieters coming back out, who I think both contributed), and that given he was registering more presses than anybody in some games his workrate can't be the issue, but there was clearly some sort of personal clash or culture clash which came across very poorly at Watford and now he's on a hiding to nothing with Burnley. As for the Roberts tiff I seem to recall some stuff about his missus grumbling and bad-mouthing club management on social media over the winter, could be remembering wrong but if so then I'm not sure it's as clear cut a dispute.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:21 pm

he is clearly watching a replay on an iPad. The suggestion he is disinterested or reading a program is fast becoming a BFC urban myth
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Exeterclaret
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Exeterclaret » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:38 pm

NRC wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:21 pm
he is clearly watching a replay on an iPad. The suggestion he is disinterested or reading a program is fast becoming a BFC urban myth
Same video you can clearly see him get up and celebrate Brownhill's goal. Definitely recall him clapping the fans at the end of the game too. Okay, he threw a bit of a strop when he got hooked on an up until that point frustrating afternoon, but the stick he gets for it is totally unjustified.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:22 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:09 pm
Don't disagree with the first part but quoting just because I'm getting tired of arguments like the second part. It's a lazy way to group any views you don't like or agree with as just haters or trolls to be ignored rather than engage in good faith. This isn't even specifically directed at you just a board trend I've happened to notice recently.
Yeah that’s a fair comment that and very true.

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:28 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:57 am
Remember his fall out with Roberts at the end of the Wales game as well? It's clear he wasn't particularly liked by others in the squad
The fall out involved Roberts taunting him. Complete handbags. These are professional footballers they will play and support each other when in the same team.

People are making a big deal out of nothing. Weghorst tried his best for us, can't argue with his reasons for going on loan.

As for the talk of a pub league, we didn't exactly win convincingly against pub league teams in the Europa league and that's after we finished 7th in the league above!!

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 4midable » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:38 pm

Burnley would beat Besiktas

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:53 pm

4midable wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:38 pm
We struggled to beat Istanbul!

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:23 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:53 pm
We struggled to beat Istanbul!
Think they usually do better than Besiktas

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:00 pm

4midable wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:38 pm
Not exactly winning a lot of games in our recent history.

We would be massive underdogs.

clive40golf
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by clive40golf » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:50 pm

Attachments
A program or an replay of the goal
A program or an replay of the goal
12A3E59E-DBBF-477F-BA98-F024C7023F19.jpeg (127.79 KiB) Viewed 1605 times

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:54 pm

Strangely I have not followed him and don’t really care how he’s getting on. Just hope he gets a permanent move at the end of the season and we get some money back.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by deanothedino » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:56 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:55 pm
The difference between Weghorst and Cornet is one refused to play in the Championship and the other left before we played a game.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:57 am
Roberts is setting the Championship on fire…

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:24 pm

deanothedino wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:56 pm
The difference between Weghorst and Cornet is one refused to play in the Championship and the other left before we played a game.
Cornet was still here when we played Huddersfield

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:24 pm
Cornet was still here when we played Huddersfield
Yep, so you’ve established which way round it is then.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:50 am

deanothedino wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 pm
Yep, so you’ve established which way round it is then.
There's no evidence Cornet refused to play in the Championship whilst under contract here.