Chris Boden

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Chris Boden

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:52 pm

Always have liked Chris, he's got good Burnley knowledge and contrary to certain beliefs, he's not frightened of telling where we're going wrong (even a Dyche team).

Listened to the match on Radio Lancs on Tuesday night (first time in about 10 years) and Chris was great as always as co-commentator.

Will he still be invited to do that even though he's not with the Express, do we know?

longsidetrumpet
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by longsidetrumpet » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:53 pm

Worked with Keith Mcnee and Peter Higgs, Keith was Keith, a total one-off, Pete the same but a totally lovely guy who really knew his stuff. Never worked with Chris but know him, what a cracking, generous man he is, and a bloody good journalist. I wish him well
These 2 users liked this post: forzagranata ClaretTony

slw
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by slw » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:37 pm

longsidetrumpet wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:53 pm
Worked with Keith Mcnee and Peter Higgs, Keith was Keith, a total one-off, Pete the same but a totally lovely guy who really knew his stuff. Never worked with Chris but know him, what a cracking, generous man he is, and a bloody good journalist. I wish him well
longside trumpet, when u say you worked with my dad Keith, I'm interested to know who are are and what your name is???

longsidetrumpet
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by longsidetrumpet » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:54 pm

slw wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:37 pm
longside trumpet, when u say you worked with my dad Keith, I'm interested to know who are are and what your name is???
Don’t know if you’re supposed to give your name on here!! Fellow journalist, still working as one after 52 years. Your dad was at the Express when I joined 1970, but I didn’t do any sports stuff until after Peter Higgs joined. Subsequently moved to the Telegraph in Blackburn and Keith was obviously covering Burnley out of the Evening Star office. Went on some Burnley away days with dad, Pete and Ron Rennell, J
Keith had me in stitches with his Burnley stories, mainly About Bob Lord. And I remember his in-car music cartridges (not cassettes), Tony Christie a particular favourite. I’d left East Lancashire before his illness. What a big character, obsessed with the Clarets

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32573 times
Has Liked: 5287 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:02 am

longsidetrumpet wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:53 pm
Keith was very much a one-off wasn't he? But what great company at football and at cricket. Not seen Peter in years, last time I'm sure was outside WHL before a Spurs v Burnley game in the Premier League. Granville, described by Edward Lee as a gentleman and a gentle man, and that summed him up. Then Edward and Chris, two top blokes. And that spans the 60 plus years I've been watching Burnley. Keith hadn't been in the job long at the Burnley Express then.

slw
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by slw » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:09 am

im struggling to remember some names who he use to work with, must be getting old :lol: i remember a few, gs, rk, jm, lw, ps, ph, as, pw
- he was too obsessed -drove him to an early grave..

ALP
Been Liked: 1466 times
Has Liked: 388 times

Post by ALP » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:31 pm

Always a fair and honest report from Chris, he'll be missed. I wish him well in his future and I'm sure he'll do well.

UTC

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 510 times
Has Liked: 886 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:57 pm

So he started with a 0-5 away win at Barnet and finished with a 1-5 win away at Wigan?

Can we have him doing lots of freelance work on and off at the BE, please!

Always seemed a decent sort to me. Definitely one of our own. I hope he enjoys his change.