Extinction Rebellion

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Re: Extinction Rebellion

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:37 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:56 pm
Hi Stockbroker, how does EU buying power make power and fuel cheaper in Spain?
It doesn’t.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Interestingly, most households could make a massive move to net zeros in 5 weeks by fitting Solar.
Whilst most middle income families will have £20-30k of cars on the drive losing £5k a year, they could be nvest in Solar and be near net zero.

It’s all about choices.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:29 pm

aggi wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:50 pm
If anyone is unsure what stance to take on these things I'd recommend checking out jakubclaret's views and then taking the opposite view.

It's foolproof.
It doesn't matter what view is taken its guaranteed 1 of them will get a hard slap eventually from somebody that's all I was saying, there's a time & a place & certain way of doing things.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:37 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:41 pm
Its a very clear way to find out if the poster is serious, or just an internet weirdo
True, but the doubter, as I say, is at liberty to check said facts if they so desire. In all the time I have been using this site I have never posted a source, but similarly I have never checked out anyones posts online. I think that this is supposed to be a fun place where people can air their views as they wish, not a student forum where people demand scientific proof of their statements.
It’s easy to check stuff if people want to but this demand for proof smacks of people taking things just a tad too serious.
By the way no intended go at you bud. I wasn’t taking your post personally. 👍

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:55 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:37 pm
True, but the doubter, as I say, is at liberty to check said facts if they so desire. In all the time I have been using this site I have never posted a source, but similarly I have never checked out anyones posts online. I think that this is supposed to be a fun place where people can air their views as they wish, not a student forum where people demand scientific proof of their statements.
It’s easy to check stuff if people want to but this demand for proof smacks of people taking things just a tad too serious.
By the way no intended go at you bud. I wasn’t taking your post personally. 👍
It wasn't intended as anything other than a plea for people to back up what they believe

The internet (to put it mildly) is full of very iffy people claiming very iffy things, based on evidence that is at best indifferent and at worst complete ********, and its normally very easy to tell which one it is

But I take your point and I'm glad you haven't taken it personally as that was not my intention

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:58 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:31 am
Warts on the rear end of society. Spent their entire lives "in education". Never done a day's work, nor do they intend to ever do a day's a work. Never done anything useful in their lives. Just scroungers expecting life to owe them a living. Thugs really who feel safe in numbers. Over privileged. Know nothing about anything, but think they are authorities on everything.
I have a degree in history

I've also been a transport manager, a shipping supervisor, a carpet delivery driver and worked for the NHS in supplies

Or where you aiming it at people who don't exist outside the pages of rather outlandish facebook pages or newspapers?

I bet you can't unload 50 rolls of Duralay supreme lets put it that way

brexit
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:06 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:50 am
Reserves of fossil fuels are as high as they’ve ever been.
Really. That's great news, so the oil will never run out because by some miracle oil keeps renewing itself.
The ignorance on this board is staggering.

brexit
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:11 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:31 am
Warts on the rear end of society. Spent their entire lives "in education". Never done a day's work, nor do they intend to ever do a day's a work. Never done anything useful in their lives. Just scroungers expecting life to owe them a living. Thugs really who feel safe in numbers. Over privileged. Know nothing about anything, but think they are authorities on everything.
Yes, Academics never done a day's work. It's not like penicillin, the transistor, COVID vaccines were developed by the working man in the pit in his spare time.
Education=opportunity, but obviously some on this board are too bitter and twisted to realise this-ignorance is bliss.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:12 pm

brexit wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:06 pm
Really. That's great news, so the oil will never run out because by some miracle oil keeps renewing itself.
Theres enough hot air on these threads to heat our homes for the next 6 months
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:53 pm

Stockbrokerbelt wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:49 pm
That’s the spirit let the corrupt bunch who are in power now turn the people on the people, they are right to protest & freedom of speach. You only have to look at the funding in green in the UK, lack of investment in insulating homes in the UK & the rape of water, gas & electric in the UK to understand the protest. I live in Spain where my electric bills have been reduced by around 60% per month by intervention of the Spanish government who have also implemented a windfall tax as well as power & fuel being cheaper due to the EU’s buying power.

You don't sound at all bright for a stockbroker

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:09 pm

brexit wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:06 pm
The reason reserves are at record highs is because we've vastly improved techniques for discovering and extracting reserves of fossil fuels. Conversely, the amount left in the ground is always at a record low.

The ignorance here is all yours.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:15 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:12 pm
Theres enough hot air on these threads to heat our homes for the next 6 months
We should build a hot air storage facility and fill it during the summer from the transfer window thread :D
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat longsidepies

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:19 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:15 pm
We should build a hot air storage facility and fill it during the summer from the transfer window thread :D
Theres a plan 👍😁

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:50 pm

Rowls wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:09 pm
The reason reserves are at record highs is because we've vastly improved techniques for discovering and extracting reserves of fossil fuels. Conversely, the amount left in the ground is always at a record low.

The ignorance here is all yours.
Well there's also the current very high price of oil which means that reserves are very high. It's not that meaningful a measure in the long term

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:06 pm

aggi wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:50 pm
Well there's also the current very high price of oil which means that reserves are very high. It's not that meaningful a measure in the long term
But it could be if we wanted to extract it and use it as fuel. Say, to help bring down the cost of fuel or something.

We've had an awful, non-existant energy policy for well over 25 years now but it's been ripe for a crisis since the Energy Act of 2008 which committed us too quickly and beyond our capacities into renewables.

We're paying the price now.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 229 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:14 pm

Paul Wayne, the EU buys power in bloc’s & does deals that make units cheaper, they also have a deal with Norway where they have increase the supply of gas to the EU in event of short falls from other suppliers such as Russia, this would or could have a detrimental effect on supplies to the UK. Spain is also stepping up supplies of gas to other parts of the EU from its suppliers in Africa such as Morocco.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 229 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:16 pm

Top claret you don’t sound to bright to think I’m a stockbroker…..

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:22 pm

Rowls wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:06 pm
But it could be if we wanted to extract it and use it as fuel. Say, to help bring down the cost of fuel or something.

We've had an awful, non-existant energy policy for well over 25 years now but it's been ripe for a crisis since the Energy Act of 2008 which committed us too quickly and beyond our capacities into renewables.

Or we could al, have bought into it, instead of buying the next expensive new car and then not be affected by the rising costs.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:27 pm

aggi wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:50 pm
I think what Rowls means is that the known reserves still underground are higher than they have been for yonks, because they are discovering "new" reserves faster than they are extracting.
This user liked this post: Rowls

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:41 pm

Damo wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:49 am
I'd personally love to know what countries rich with fossil fuels think of global warming.
Unfortunately news from those parts of the world have been banned. Much to the delight of a good portion of our society.
George Orwell didn't warn us about any of this stuff obviously
Whatever they think of climate change one of two eventualities will come to pass.
1) The world stops buying what they sell
2) The world keeps buying what they sell, and it runs out.

So they're already heavily investing in plan B, for example.

"Saudi Vision 2030 is a strategic framework to reduce Saudi Arabia's dependence on oil, diversify its economy, and develop public service sectors such as health, education, infrastructure, recreation, and tourism."

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:13 am

Rowls wrote:

Astonishing, even for you

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:53 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:55 pm
It wasn't intended as anything other than a plea for people to back up what they believe

The internet (to put it mildly) is full of very iffy people claiming very iffy things, based on evidence that is at best indifferent and at worst complete ********, and its normally very easy to tell which one it is

But I take your point and I'm glad you haven't taken it personally as that was not my intention
Mustn't offend anyone or hurt any body's feelings. Absolutely not. That's at the top of everyone's agenda Lancaster. We'll done!

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:08 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:58 pm
I have a degree in history

I've also been a transport manager, a shipping supervisor, a carpet delivery driver and worked for the NHS in supplies

Or where you aiming it at people who don't exist outside the pages of rather outlandish facebook pages or newspapers?

I bet you can't unload 50 rolls of Duralay supreme lets put it that way
Well aren't you simply Marvellous?!!

Never had a Facebook Account (probably because I'd get locked up!) nor do I read Newspapers.

You don't know me from a bar if soap ! You have no idea what I may or may not have ever achieved.

All decent people will do their bit to save the planet. And what of the Politicians who are paid vast amounts of money to tackle and resolve such serious problems. ER.... Not a good way to go about things. Unless you are a supporter?

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:38 am

brexit wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:11 pm
Yes, Academics never done a day's work. It's not like penicillin, the transistor, COVID vaccines were developed by the working man in the pit in his spare time.
Education=opportunity, but obviously some on this board are too bitter and twisted to realise this-ignorance is bliss.
Education equals opportunity... Not so for the thousands of graduates who can't get a job, on zero contract hours and minimal wage.

I'm certainly not bitter and twisted no.... But I think you would be if you'd spent your working life in darkness (down the pit).

Please let's not mention COVID vaccines and how ineffective they were. That's a different debate altogether.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:51 am

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:08 am
All decent people will do their bit to save the planet.
I don't see much evidence of this, unless there aren't many decent people.
And what of the Politicians who are paid vast amounts of money to tackle and resolve such serious problems. ER.... Not a good way to go about things. Unless you are a supporter?
Politicians do get paid reasonably well but who of us would want to do the job. They are not paid relatively vast amounts of money.

In any case politicians are there to represent the people and, naive as it might sound, can't do much that the people don't want. If you really want action on climate change you need to elect different politicians. If that doesn't or can't work, you have to adopt strategies that Extinction Rebellion do to keep reminding us of the seriousness of the situation. Most governments have declared a 'Climate Emergency' yet have done **** all about it. Covid was an emergency and that's the sort of level of action needed.

Or it was. Frankly it seems to me things have gone too far to be able to stop this tragedy. I'm 69 and beginning to adopt the selfish attitude of most that it may not affect me as much as younger generations so why bother.....

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:01 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:17 pm
Interestingly, most households could make a massive move to net zeros in 5 weeks by fitting Solar.
Whilst most middle income families will have £20-30k of cars on the drive losing £5k a year, they could be nvest in Solar and be near net zero.

It’s all about choices.
But then when you have an issue with your roof a reputable roofer will not touch it until the company who installed your panels comes to remove them for work to be done. Then you have to pay to have them replaced again…

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:02 am

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:53 am
Mustn't offend anyone or hurt any body's feelings. Absolutely not. That's at the top of everyone's agenda Lancaster. We'll done!
I'm happy to make an exception for you if it helps you get over your clear issues with people who prioritised education as a career choice

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:03 am

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:08 am
Well aren't you simply Marvellous?!!

Never had a Facebook Account (probably because I'd get locked up!) nor do I read Newspapers.

You don't know me from a bar if soap ! You have no idea what I may or may not have ever achieved.

All decent people will do their bit to save the planet. And what of the Politicians who are paid vast amounts of money to tackle and resolve such serious problems. ER.... Not a good way to go about things. Unless you are a supporter?
I'm very, very, very glad I don't know you

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:15 am

Solar is generally sound investment, though northwest Uk not the best location as such . Problem is anyone who gets solar will never ever shut up about it , they seem to become almost obsessed with their “ solar bore” life with a few pennies here etc etc .

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:17 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:13 am
Astonishing, even for you
Typical, even for you.

You always comment but never actually debate.

Anyway, at least the football's more entertaining these days. All the best Lancs, "never change". :)

upanatem
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by upanatem » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:44 am

Mods, please remove this thread. It's developed into a series of slanging matches.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:51 am

upanatem wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:44 am
Mods, please remove this thread. It's developed into a series of slanging matches.
So you are asking for a thread on Extinction Rebellion to be made Extinct ... now thats ironic 🤣🤣🤣

Most threads become a series of slanging matches when the usual suspects get involved upanatem 🙄

Thats why CT asked for "NO political" NO Covid" etc etc etc.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:06 am

Isn't it true that over 99% of threads that ever existed have gone extinct?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:09 am

Rowls wrote:

Well we could, and it's better "value" to extract it now whilst the price of oil is high. Arguably we're paying the price for not enough investment into renewables, Putin would find it a lot trickier to stop the tide, wind and sun.
dsr wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:27 pm
I think what Rowls means is that the known reserves still underground are higher than they have been for yonks, because they are discovering "new" reserves faster than they are extracting.
That could be what he means but not what he said. Reserves are defined in line with whether it is economically viable to get them out which obviously ties into the price.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:14 am

Rowls wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:17 am
Typical, even for you.

You always comment but never actually debate.

Anyway, at least the football's more entertaining these days. All the best Lancs, "never change". :)
Years have shown me that reality, facts and actual debate are something you don't recognise

What are you now? 45?

Very unlikely you are going to be changing now

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:18 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:14 am
Years have shown me that reality, facts and actual debate are something you don't recognise

What are you now? 45?

Very unlikely you are going to be changing now
But Lancs ... the exact same can apply to you!!!

The least we could do is debate it properly?

At least you're (usually) polite-ish and come across as a half decent sort.

PS: I'm actually 57 now so thanks. 8-)
This user liked this post: android

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:45 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:14 am
That did make me laugh after our exchange last week. You showed little knowledge of the reality and facts of the matter but were happy to comment whilst avoiding actual debate!

Keep well Lancs. UTC

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 796 times
Has Liked: 1017 times

Post by Guller Bull » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:10 pm

aggi wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:50 pm
If anyone is unsure what stance to take on these things I'd recommend checking out jakubclaret's views and then taking the opposite view.

It's foolproof.
Unfortunately that's where we are with politics. Nothing of substance just vacuous opposing views.
Politicians have become icons. They used to be civil servants. They worked to serve us, now we work to serve them.

Why is everyone so hung up on arguing positions instead of creating dialogue and solutions? It's because we tag ourselves with a political code and lose the right to think freely and work together. "Sorry I cant agree with that because you are an x, y or z" Not whether it is a good idea or not.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:11 pm

spades in the ground

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:21 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:15 am
Solar is generally sound investment, though northwest Uk not the best location as such . Problem is anyone who gets solar will never ever shut up about it , they seem to become almost obsessed with their “ solar bore” life with a few pennies here etc etc .
This probably rates in your they don’t shut up about it, however. Your statement that the northwest UK isn’t the best location comes across like your an authority on it.
As I am in Burnley it’s safe to say that’s the northwest.
Couple of bits of data from mine for august. So July my electric bill was £120, August with Solar it’s £15.64.
That’s with no export payments as it’s just been sorted today. Had my export been sorted I would have earned another £60-£80.
My gas was £20 so Octopus would have owed me £20 or so.

Hardly pennies.

I am glad there is going to be an energy cap for everyone’s sake.
This user liked this post: Guller Bull

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:10 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:03 am
I'm very, very, very glad I don't know you
Likewise :)

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:15 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:02 am
I'm happy to make an exception for you if it helps you get over your clear issues with people who prioritised education as a career choice
Edit Clear issues with ER

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:31 am

Guller Bull wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:10 pm
Unfortunately that's where we are with politics. Nothing of substance just vacuous opposing views.
Politicians have become icons. They used to be civil servants. They worked to serve us, now we work to serve them.

Why is everyone so hung up on arguing positions instead of creating dialogue and solutions? It's because we tag ourselves with a political code and lose the right to think freely and work together. "Sorry I cant agree with that because you are an x, y or z" Not whether it is a good idea or not.
To be honest I agree with you. There's not much worse in modern politics than the taking an opposing position just for the sake of it. Look at the leaflets that come through your day pre-election and see how many of them are just attacking the other side rather than what they'll actually do if elected.

However, there isn't much point posting anything considered on these threads as they will end up getting deleted or locked at some point. Also, the chances of creating dialogue with Jakubclaret are pretty minimal, he is a man who has a lot of self-belief that his view is 100% correct.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:37 am

Chatting to a dad at my kids football training session yesterday

He works for a Norwegian engineering company, and spends most of his time in Norway

They are completely self sufficient in renewable energy and sell all their oil and gas to countries that are not

Conscious long term government decision to do that, and to stick to it

Obviously not as easy for us to do it, but it does show what a long term plan that survives changes of government can do

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:33 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:37 am

He works for a Norwegian engineering company, and spends most of his time in Norway

They are completely self sufficient in renewable energy and sell all their oil and gas to countries that are not

Obviously not as easy for us to do it, but it does show what a long term plan that survives changes of government can do
As you say, not so easy for us, or rather, quite easy for them. Norway has a population of about 5.5 million (we are 68 million) and Hydro power is abundant. It will be interesting see what happens to Hydro power as the climate changes, glaciers melt and the water cycle changes.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:43 pm

She m'un opun t' pits an sharpish.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 5066 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:09 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:37 am

As you say a lot easier for them, population to land mass, they are mineral rich.
I think we are making improvements all the time. They will never be quick enough for the minority, but still Improvements.
We do need a long term strategy for energy, and a host of other issues, but the only sensible way to implement long term strategies is to have agreement on both sides of the house. So much money and energy wasted in sound policies, that don't survive a GE.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:17 pm

Hipper wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:33 pm
As you say, not so easy for us, or rather, quite easy for them. Norway has a population of about 5.5 million (we are 68 million) and Hydro power is abundant. It will be interesting see what happens to Hydro power as the climate changes, glaciers melt and the water cycle changes.
Norway first country in the world to open an electricity trading exchange, Nord Pool, 1995 (ish). There were somewhere around 1,200 separate electricity companies all eligible to trade on Nord Pool. One electricity generator/supplier to every village in the country. All Norway's electricity was hydrogeneration, mostly 'run of river.' Of course, lots of mountains and lots of snow. Also, very short, cold days through winter and very short nights through summer. Norway also an extremely long country; the distance from Oslo to northern Norway is longer than the distance from Oslo to Rome.

Norway also favoured by massive north sea oil and gas resources. A country with a small population, all the electricity it needs and wants from hydrogeneration and valuable oil and gas to sell to the rest of the world. More recently, Norway has started selling electricity to UK through new interconnector.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:40 pm

Hipper wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:33 pm
Hipper, we have loads of rivers in the northwest and can capture hydro. Whilst it’s not the whole answer. A combined hydro, wind and solar could provide most of our energy.
Like I told our new Labour candidate when he knocked on my door last week, if companies were forced to pay home owners half the price they pay for import electric, that would bring down time to recoup peoples outlay and get more people to buy.
Check out whalleyhydro.

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:29 pm

Those with solar panels are like vegans, both will inform you that they are/have them within 3 mins of meeting them.