Death gun Salute and respect

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
pureclaret
Been Liked: 435 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Death gun Salute and respect

Post by pureclaret » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:44 pm

I have just been watching the Huse of commons and then the gun salute, it reminds me that we have lost the greatest states person this country has ever known, the House has come together and shown that all the petty differences should and have been laid a side for them to give there own tributes , to see the polititions who in the past have not always been good at speaking have been so good and passionate in there comments.

I feel embarrased that I had replied on this board with comments about others, not wishing for all this coverage and games called off and what they feel it means to people.

My Mum who was a wise woman, not as wise as some on here but still worthy of rememberence like the Queen, who used to say whilst we all have freedom of speach if you have nothing good to say about things or people, leave it unsaid unless what you have to say is going to save lives or make a difference to lives. So I apploigise that I wanted to impose my views on to this baord as being the only ones.

I do ask that possibley for today if your views are not of a view of the house of commons of what service to this World this Lady our Queen that you dont put points of view that are going to anger or upset others. Thank you
These 7 users liked this post: Paul Waine bf2k quoonbeatz Zlatan yTib Im_not_Robbie_Blake Rumbletonk

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Death gun Salute and respect

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:57 pm

The pubs are clearly still open, so that's something.
This user liked this post: Mattster

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6970 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:58 pm

It's amazing how quickly Liz Truss has unified parliament.

jollyjack
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by jollyjack » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 pm

Boris probably fuming, missed his Great Statesman opportunity by days.
This user liked this post: yTib

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:08 pm

jollyjack wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 pm
Boris probably fuming, missed his Great Statesman opportunity by days.
I felt Boris Johnson, ex-PM, gave one of his greatest and most respectful speeches. He was reading from prepared notes. I'm unsure if that is a first for him when speaking in the Commons. Interesting to hear his comments on the BBC asking him to prepare a speech on the Queen some months ago and speak of her in the past tense.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5564 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:09 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:58 pm
She needed a quick rewire, nobody realised the would need grief-mode so quickly
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Amazing thread title.
This user liked this post: distortiondave

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:59 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:08 pm
I felt Boris Johnson, ex-PM, gave one of his greatest and most respectful speeches. He was reading from prepared notes. I'm unsure if that is a first for him when speaking in the Commons. Interesting to hear his comments on the BBC asking him to prepare a speech on the Queen some months ago and speak of her in the past tense.
Excellent speech
This user liked this post: Claret Till I Die

distortiondave
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by distortiondave » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:02 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:57 pm
Amazing thread title.
Puts me in mind somehow of Quentin Tarantino and Ali G.
These 4 users liked this post: quoonbeatz simonclaret yTib Jellybean

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:05 pm

pureclaret wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:44 pm
I have just been watching the Huse of commons and then the gun salute, it reminds me that we have lost the greatest states person this country has ever known, the House has come together and shown that all the petty differences should and have been laid a side for them to give there own tributes , to see the polititions who in the past have not always been good at speaking have been so good and passionate in there comments.

I feel embarrased that I had replied on this board with comments about others, not wishing for all this coverage and games called off and what they feel it means to people.

My Mum who was a wise woman, not as wise as some on here but still worthy of rememberence like the Queen, who used to say whilst we all have freedom of speach if you have nothing good to say about things or people, leave it unsaid unless what you have to say is going to save lives or make a difference to lives. So I apploigise that I wanted to impose my views on to this baord as being the only ones.

I do ask that possibley for today if your views are not of a view of the house of commons of what service to this World this Lady our Queen that you dont put points of view that are going to anger or upset others. Thank you
A worthy, and heartfelt, effort but, I feel, it’s wasted on this forum. All the best.
This user liked this post: pureclaret

distortiondave

Post by distortiondave » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:43 pm

BennyD wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:05 pm
A worthy, and heartfelt, effort but, I feel, it’s wasted on this forum. All the best.
I read that in the style of Tony Blair.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:44 pm

distortiondave wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:43 pm
I read that in the style of Tony Blair.

Not Lionel

Exeterclaret
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Exeterclaret » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:50 pm

pureclaret wrote:

Yuck.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2328 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:38 pm

pureclaret wrote:

Well said, most just do it to get a bite.
All it needed was a few days break from the bickering

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:57 pm

I can testify that gun is bleeding loud, 96 shots crikey that would have created a din that's for sure.

pureclaret

Post by pureclaret » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:01 pm

I did not do this to get a bite (although im well aware thats what is likley with our key board warriors , my self included) I did it as i believe that for at least today we should pay respect to someone who only 9 million people could or did know the King in the uk and that she has done more for this country than any other living person. I wanted people to be nice to each other for just one day, is that to much to askof people who have watched the rise and fall and rise of our club abd wanted us to show that we in the north apreciate greatness

distortiondave

Post by distortiondave » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:31 pm

I believed the first one a bit, but I don't believe the second one at all.

6/10 for the OP, 2/10 for the last one.

Holmeclaret
Been Liked: 201 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Holmeclaret » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:38 am

pureclaret wrote:

You mother must have been a very special lady. What wonderful, humbling advice. Sadly, we are living in the age of the ego now where “self” seems to be everything.
This user liked this post: pureclaret

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:45 am

distortiondave wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:31 pm
I believed the first one a bit, but I don't believe the second one at all.

6/10 for the OP, 2/10 for the last one.
He just feels differently to you. Try and get your head around that and pipe down.

pureclaret

Post by pureclaret » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:56 am

Thank you Rumbletonk

pureclaret

Post by pureclaret » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:56 am

thank you Home claret she was to me very special, like most mums are to us

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6392 times
Has Liked: 8749 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:30 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:58 pm
:roll: :roll: :roll:
:o :o :o
:lol: :lol: :lol: