We are good enough to go up

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: We are good enough to go up

Post by tiger76 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:35 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:32 am
Not only are we just two points off the top spot, we've only lost one game, the lowest in the league so far.
Indeed, unbeaten in 10 to boot, so we must be doing something right to have a prolonged run of good results.

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 473 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:37 am

We haven’t been behind in a game since 16 August……
These 3 users liked this post: RicardoMontalban boatshed bill Pickles

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:39 am

MancunianClaret wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:33 pm
Which players, specifically, are you bucking into good/not very good, when you say this?

You made mention of specific players later in your post, but wanted to be clear.
You shouldn't feed him, that's all he wants.....

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:47 am

I really can't believe people have watched 13 Championship games without realising it's a league full of bad teams. Be disappointing if we don't win it.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:52 am

I'm starting to bore myself with this, but VK said it would take 4-5 months for the players to get used to the system, so that they can play in it without thinking about it.
Every post match interview this season, especially those where we have chucked away points, he still alludes to the fact that the team and players are still learning, that is why we make mistakes. He mentions the positives, but he never hides from our failures, or takes a view of we were unlucky, just that we are still learning.

I imagined if we went into the WC in the top half of the table, then got to the NY on the edge of the top 6, we would go up automatically, because we are only going to improve.

What we have seen in reality is that this team is definitely still learning, we can all see the silly mistakes, and missed opportunities, but with an ounce of luck we would be clear at the top of the table. Miles ahead of where I thought we would be, and even then I thought we'd go up, so to imagine that we aren't now isn't realistic. It would mean we'd have to start playing worse, that's not going to happen, or losing key players, but we have such a large flexible squad, that that isn't going to happen either.

We can be very frustrating at times, but still a joy to watch, who doesn't enjoy a promotion party.
These 3 users liked this post: Rumbletonk Quicknick Bosscat

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:04 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:41 pm
"Remove half the team and we look a poor team" is one of the dumbest takes I've seen yet.
totally,
5 or 6 against 11 and we'd lose every week.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:09 am

Goody1975 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:26 pm
So since throwing two points away at home to Blackpool, we have played eight league games.

In those eight games we have won four and drawn four, in the four draws we were leading in all the games and conceded late equalisers in three of those.

Glass half full say we are in promotion form and putting ourselves in a position to win games, carry on like this and we should be one a favourites for an automatic slot.

Glass half empty say we don't finish teams off, have a soft underbelly and teams have sussed our weakness, especially late in games and we'll fall short.

I know which one I think.

We have eight more games before the break, with five of them at home, if we stay unbeaten though that run of games we will be very close indeed.
The takeaway for me from those last 9 games is that of the 5 sides who grabbed a draw (Blackpool, Preston, West Brom, Cardiff and Stoke) all bar West Brom had for large spells of those games really struggled to handle us and were on the verge of total capitulation, with some desparate stuff going on in their box.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:15 am

jen1066 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:16 pm
Another for the list - given away at least 8 points from not killing off games. That's a positive, as it shows the potential once we sort that out more often.
Actually that’s a good point. I was thinking the same yesterday. Without those unfortunate slip ups late on and throwing away the lead v Blackpool we’d be well clear at the top. And as I’ve said so many times we haven’t even looked like losing a game all season, even the one we did lose. And so much more to improve as well.
The doubters have been pointing to the defence and our so-called lack of goals and yet we have the second best goal difference in the league.
Nobody in this division is better than us and the cream will rise to the top. The wheels seem to have dropped off for Sheff Utd for now and Norwich aren’t much better (thank you PNE). I’m happy as the proverbial sand boy to be honest.

Just one last thing: I keep reading posts about the passing game getting boring. Wow!!! How can it not be better than sitting back and watching the opposition do the same to us every week? People are going to the Turf and smiling again. Crowds are up on last season despite relegation. Opposition fans and managers are gushing in praise of us (Robbins again yesterday). Some people I think just need to wake up to the new era and forget Dyche, he’s gone and we have a new leader who is moving us in the right direction. Enjoy it folks.
These 4 users liked this post: boatshed bill tiger76 Top Claret Juan Tanamera

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:26 am

houseboy wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:15 am
The doubters have been pointing to the defence and our so-called lack of goals and yet we have the second best goal difference in the league.
I think the number of goals conceded is a bit of a red herring in that as we have so much of the possession the opposing teams get few chances. However, when they do we still look like we could concede a goal every time the ball gets crossed into our box, whether that's from a corner, free kick or open play. Even yesterday it was pretty much a free header where they hit the cross bar.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:30 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:26 am
I think the number of goals conceded is a bit of a red herring in that as we have so much of the possession the opposing teams get few chances. However, when they do we still look like we could concede a goal every time the ball gets crossed into our box, whether that's from a corner, free kick or open play. Even yesterday it was pretty much a free header where they hit the cross bar.
There you have it, by keeping possession we restrict the oppositions' chances.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:33 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:30 am
There you have it, by keeping possession we restrict the oppositions' chances.
Even so, we still look like we'll concede every game.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:37 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:33 am
Didn’t yesterday.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:37 am

Spijed wrote:
But defence can come in two forms. Being good at defending under the cosh (which we are not currently but were under Dyche). And keeping the ball so we are not under the cosh (which we are currently brilliant at and were utterly rubbish under Dyche). Either way it forms a defence and in that sense we are very effective so the goals conceded is not a red herring because it shows that we are doing things right from the perspective of not letting the opposition create chances. I wish we were more ‘solid’ at the back but our defensive record is excellent despite the defensive frailties.

I hope I’ve made sense. 😀

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:44 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:33 am
So are you suggesting we abandon our passing/possession style of play, and doing that will somehow improve our defending?

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1509 times
Has Liked: 582 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:48 am

Spijed wrote:
It’s not a red herring, it’s a fact. Defence isn’t just about throwing your bodies on the line in the box, it’s about controlling the game and nullifying the threat. And we don’t look like we’re going to concede every time at all. If that was the case, we’d have conceded far more than we have done.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:53 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:44 am
So are you suggesting we abandon our passing/possession style of play, and doing that will somehow improve our defending?
I did wonder whether it's actually possible to be very strong in defence AND have possession based football. As we haven't got any strong defenders at the moment it probably wouldn't improve our defending that much, so it maybe better to stick to the way we are currently playing.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:58 am

I would add I was a little surprised we didn't go for a more experienced defender in the summer, one who could add a bit more know-how.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:59 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:53 am
I did wonder whether it's actually possible to be very strong in defence AND have possession based football. As we haven't got any strong defenders at the moment it probably wouldn't improve our defending that much, so it maybe better to stick to the way we are currently playing.
i think we are doing fine.
Defending set pieces may need to be worked on a bit.
I'm wondering now if Muric has been carrying a bit of an injury for a while, perhaps if fully fit he will be taking more crosses?

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:01 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:53 am
As we haven't got any strong defenders
Come on mate.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:02 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:58 am
I would add I was a little surprised we didn't go for a more experienced defender in the summer, one who could add a bit more know-how.
Why, when we have Kevin Long? ;)

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5213 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:03 am

Relatively speaking our defenders this season are better at their current level than our defenders were last season in the prem. If VK played a back 4 of Roberts, THB, Beyer & Taylor with a deep bank of 4 protecting them in say Vithino, Cork, Cullen and JBG with Brownhill playing off Jay and if the instruction was then not to over commit and get midfielders ahead of the ball then we could keep clean sheets for fun.

The trouble is our objective isnt to grind out draws and nick the odd win to survive but instead we need to dominate teams and win enough games to get promoted so we sacrifice leaving our defence exposed to control the game and create more goal threats.

This team hasn't quite worked out how to create the volume of chances we should be doing when faced with teams parking the bus but our defence is no way the problem that will stop us gaining promotion.
These 5 users liked this post: houseboy RVclaret Woonderbah Guller Bull Darnhill Claret

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:27 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:03 am
Relatively speaking our defenders this season are better at their current level than our defenders were last season in the prem. If VK played a back 4 of Roberts, THB, Beyer & Taylor with a deep bank of 4 protecting them in say Vithino, Cork, Cullen and JBG with Brownhill playing off Jay and if the instruction was then not to over commit and get midfielders ahead of the ball then we could keep clean sheets for fun.

The trouble is our objective isnt to grind out draws and nick the odd win to survive but instead we need to dominate teams and win enough games to get promoted so we sacrifice leaving our defence exposed to control the game and create more goal threats.

This team hasn't quite worked out how to create the volume of chances we should be doing when faced with teams parking the bus but our defence is no way the problem that will stop us gaining promotion.
Have to agree, IF we don't go up it won't be because of goals conceded, even the late ones, but because of all the wasted chances.
None of those late equalisers would have counted, if we had buried any of the many opportunities we had to put results to bed.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:45 am

Don't get the negativity at all really

Clearly we are well organised, clearly we are hard to beat, clearly we are one of the better sides and I agree with the posters who think we can only get better
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 evensteadiereddie

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 2701 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:53 am

We always take the lead.
And all teams fight like buggery when they're one down.
We're learning to handle it.

We've got this.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Take away the 5 at Wigan and we aren't scoring enough goals because we don't create enough chances. Rodriguez is a problem as he would be more suited to Brownhill role and Tella should be playing in Rodriguez position as Jay is not a No 9.

The defence looks vulnerable and often looks exposed on the counter with defending crosses into the box a major concern.

We are going well for a side that has brought so many new faces in and changed its style of play, 2pts of the top after 13 games confirms this.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:27 am
Have to agree, IF we don't go up it won't be because of goals conceded, even the late ones, but because of all the wasted chances.
None of those late equalisers would have counted, if we had buried any of the many opportunities we had to put results to bed.
Get this, however…..

We are 4th in the expected goals table (volume and quality of chances), 5th at home and 3rd away.

Our actual goals we are 8th at home and 3rd away (2nd overall because most teams either don’t score much at home or away).

If our actual goals matched our expected goals we would have 1 more goal at home, 1 more goal away.

That isn’t really suggesting we have wasted any more chances than anyone else, maybe as I say 1 goal at home and 1 away, which actually would have us clear at the top if against, say, Stoke and Cardiff.

The stats aren’t so stark to be a concern - we are almost there. What they tell me isn’t about taking chances but that based on our possession we need a more incisive final ball so that our expected goals exceed all other sides. Then, we will steamroller sides. That means Twine. We need him.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:17 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:04 pm
Get this, however…..

We are 4th in the expected goals table (volume and quality of chances), 5th at home and 3rd away.

Our actual goals we are 8th at home and 3rd away (2nd overall because most teams either don’t score much at home or away).

If our actual goals matched our expected goals we would have 1 more goal at home, 1 more goal away.

That isn’t really suggesting we have wasted any more chances than anyone else, maybe as I say 1 goal at home and 1 away, which actually would have us clear at the top if against, say, Stoke and Cardiff.

The stats aren’t so stark to be a concern - we are almost there. What they tell me isn’t about taking chances but that based on our possession we need a more incisive final ball so that our expected goals exceed all other sides. Then, we will steamroller sides. That means Twine. We need him.
You say tomayto, I say tomarto. I know what you mean and I agree, but whether it's missing chances which we did against West Brom and Stoke, or not creating enough chances with all our possession, the result is the same. We need to score more goals, then any conceded become less relevant.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:52 pm

Looks like we're going to be playing against a back 5 and 3 just on front of them often this season. In which case we coud do with wingers or overlapping full backs who can get behind the back 5. That leaves JBG out of the equation.

MancunianClaret
Been Liked: 175 times
Has Liked: 322 times

Post by MancunianClaret » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:20 pm
Pretty much all of them.

Cullen and Twine are the best of the bunch. The rest are reasonably okay for this level, but I don't think that will be good enough to guarantee us a long term future.
I don't know how you can say this with any certainty, considering we've hardly seen some players and we're only 12 games into their first season playing for us. Twine especially - we've seen him for 20 minutes. For all you or anyone else knows, he could crumble at this level.

I don't think there's a single player we've signed on a perm that isn't worth the fee paid, based on playing performance so far. I might revise that opinion at the end of the season but I won't make sweeping statements at this stage, that would be bizarre.

SouthLondonexile
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 249 times

Post by SouthLondonexile » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:14 am

As the games have come and gone, I have a sense of a team playing exciting attacking football , a bit leaky to more robust teams.
However what I am picking up is a team that is beginning to know each other, as time goes by this familiarity will make us stronger. So yes we are good enough to go up.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1575 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:23 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:03 am

I would argue that if we could keep clean sheets we would win more.

The problem is your comparing set ups in the championship and the prem.

Your better off comparing how we set up in our last two promotion chases.

brexit
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:32 pm

MancunianClaret wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:17 pm
Where'd you get your infallible crystal ball?

"Brexit" - edgy opinions - clear troll. Welcome to the block list.
Really don't understand how having edgy opinions makes you a troll
"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"
Or maybe it is because you don't agree with I posted that you have to make a feeble post.

brexit
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:33 pm

MancunianClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am
I don't know how you can say this with any certainty, considering we've hardly seen some players and we're only 12 games into their first season playing for us. Twine especially - we've seen him for 20 minutes. For all you or anyone else knows, he could crumble at this level.

I don't think there's a single player we've signed on a perm that isn't worth the fee paid, based on playing performance so far. I might revise that opinion at the end of the season but I won't make sweeping statements at this stage, that would be bizarre.
65 posts an expert probably Newcastle in disguise

Neil
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Neil » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:26 am

Today's performance is what I wanted to see. Maybe it's because Swansea wanted to come out and play us but this was much more exciting. Utilising the wings and playing through the opposition. I don't expect four goals every week but the possibility of it was just tremendous to watch.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2271 times

Post by dsr » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:34 am

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:29 pm
Take away the 5 at Wigan and we aren't scoring enough goals because we don't create enough chances. Rodriguez is a problem as he would be more suited to Brownhill role and Tella should be playing in Rodriguez position as Jay is not a No 9.

The defence looks vulnerable and often looks exposed on the counter with defending crosses into the box a major concern.

We are going well for a side that has brought so many new faces in and changed its style of play, 2pts of the top after 13 games confirms this.
You've got another 4 goals to take away now. ;)
These 4 users liked this post: Tw@ taio Greenmile lesxdp

davideyresleftear
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by davideyresleftear » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:32 am

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:29 pm
Take away the 5 at Wigan and we aren't scoring enough goals
Arbitrarily take away the game where we scored lots of goals, so that we can conclude we aren’t scoring enough goals.

Take away the 5 people who die in the first Halloween film, and it’s not very violent at all.

Take away the opening 5 chapters of Wuthering Heights, and the book doesn’t make much sense.

Take away the first 5 minutes of Bohemian Rhapsody, and it’s a very short song at 1 minute long.
This user liked this post: jen1066

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:41 am

davideyresleftear wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:32 am
Arbitrarily take away the game where we scored lots of goals, so that we can conclude we aren’t scoring enough goals.

Take away the 5 people who die in the first Halloween film, and it’s not very violent at all.

Take away the opening 5 chapters of Wuthering Heights, and the book doesn’t make much sense.

Take away the first 5 minutes of Bohemian Rhapsody, and it’s a very short song at 1 minute long.
Stick to ladies ale

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 798 times
Has Liked: 1019 times

Post by Guller Bull » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:47 am

Take away 5 fingers and we wouldn’t be called Dingles by our beloved neighbours

Thinking about it they would probably call us Thumbleh.

davideyresleftear
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by davideyresleftear » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:48 am

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:41 am
Stick to ladies ale
I’ve never thought about gendering ale or deriving manhood from the beer I drink before. How do you normally check which ale is a proper man’s drink and which is for ladies? Do you ask the barman, or do you spend time Googling before a night out? I’d hate to accidentally order a man’s ale.
These 4 users liked this post: jen1066 fatboy47 Greenmile Colburn_Claret

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:48 am

Lurking certainly isn't what it used to be.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 820 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:59 am

Good to read some of the swans comments at the bottom of this article

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... 273102.amp

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:18 am

Well, we've hit the top with a dominant display against a fellow promotion rival who arrived bang in form, so if that doesn't convince the doubters then nothing will.
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick Juan Tanamera

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2329 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:28 am

Love that, I hate sounding arrogant but I genuinely believe we are one of, if not the best team in the league by some distance. Definitely top 2

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:58 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:28 am
Love that, I hate sounding arrogant but I genuinely believe we are one of, if not the best team in the league by some distance. Definitely top 2
Totally agree. It’s not arrogant it’s realistic. The supposed ‘best team’ have just taken 2 points from four games, three of them at home, and needed help from the ref to get a point yesterday, sending off two Blackpool players and giving 8 minutes extra to get the equaliser. There is no one to touch us just now and I believe we are just gonna get better.

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:00 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:59 am
Good to read some of the swans comments at the bottom of this article

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... 273102.amp
I read that also was some very sensible posts with a sense of perspective and some very complimentary. I have to say 1 mentioned that most of our team was with us in the premier league last season which made me chuckle. We started with 3 that was with us last season and another 2 came off the bench astonishing to think that we are were we are with that much change.

Pickles
Been Liked: 1392 times
Has Liked: 1227 times

Post by Pickles » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:06 pm

Top of the league.

Joint most goals scored.

Second fewest goals conceded.

Unbeaten in eleven. Unbeaten at home.

It's still early days and lots can change. But are getting better and better and better. Something very special is happening.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1070 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:23 pm

There might be a game or two this season when we don’t play well and might drop points, perhaps unexpectedly. If and when that happens don’t lose the faith, don’t look for someone to blame, just continue to manage your disappointment and look to the next game. We’ve got this but there will be a couple of bumps along the road.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:37 pm

Culmclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:37 am
We haven’t been behind in a game since 16 August……
This is an amazing stat!!
This user liked this post: CrosspoolClarets

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:51 pm

For the first time, the bookies now have us as favourites, and odds on to go up.

It has been steadily heading that way for weeks.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:39 pm

We have goals from all areas of the pitch, which is what Vinny promised, and hopefully we're now getting our defence in order after back-to-back clean sheets.

What gives me confidence is that last week we didn't play well but ground out a win, and then followed that up with our best performance of the season against a good Swansea side, now of course we won't bang 4 in every week, however the mark of a promotion side is winning when not at your best, and we've now started to do that.

I'd have settled for being around the PO places come the WC, but on present form we might well be faring better than I hoped.

And the real positive is we're improving by the week and also have players to return from injury which should only make us stronger.

Taking nothing for granted yet but we'll be a hard act to stop now we're getting on a major roll.
This user liked this post: NewClaret