Ausie protest about World Cup

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Re: Ausie protest about World Cup

Post by Stanbill05 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:21 pm

About 2 million a year. Granted many will have been the same people..

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:02 am

Fair dinkum .It's a shame we've not go the guts to boycott this fiasco
An unnecessary distraction in our promotion season

GordonvaleClaret
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by GordonvaleClaret » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:00 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:13 pm
That's a bit cryptic for my tastes, so please help me out:

1) What is your "adopted" country, and which sporting body are you referring to?

2) Are you ashamed that footballers are supporting LGBT rights? Or, does your shame come from them challenging the views of the Qatari state, it's population, or religions that are intolerant of LGBT rights? Are there any circumstances in which you would challenge a majority view, or believe it to be acceptable to do so?

3) Are you suggesting it is OK for players to express support of the LGBT community in their own country but not in Qatar?

4) What, if any, issues would you like footballers to be talking about in their own country?
1) Australia, Football Australia.
2) No. No. Yes.
3) No.
4) lack of aged care facilities, failing health system, lack of flood mitigation works over the past 50 years, youth crime, organised crime syndicates enticing youth to do their dirty work, illegal immigrants.

GordonvaleClaret
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by GordonvaleClaret » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:22 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:59 pm
I don't think it takes a lot to shame you mate

You are clearly bothered about people who are different to you and you decide that a public messageboard is the place to come out to share your prejudices

I wonder what it is about this board that makes you feel that would be acceptable?
You're being rather presumptuous and judgemental there Lancaster lad.
What people who are different to me am I clearly bothered about? Footballers who can play the game much better than I could have ever dreamed of? Not really, I was always the "last pick". Perhaps I should have used the word "embarrassed" rather than "ashamed". I'm merely stating my feelings towards my country men, who claim to be representing all Australians. They are about to become privileged guests in a foreign country, with the whole world looking on. They have felt the need at this late stage to utter statements on a worldwide platform knowing their future hosts will be insulted. That, in my book, is just plain bad manners, and that, in my book, is unacceptable. As for posting on here, I'm merely sharing my thought on a topic introduced by someone else. I'm sure I have the right to do that even without your approval.