Season Card failure.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jimscho
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Season Card failure.

Post by Jimscho » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:05 pm

Last night I was at he turnstile with my old gits Season Card which I have had for a number of years.My card was scanned and came up ‘no entry’.I have never had a problem before.I was at the Jimmy Mac upper turnstie and I was reasonably early.My 2 sons both in their forties had gone through the turnstile.I was told by the turnstile operator to go to the office to sort it out.I had to shout and tell my sons where I had to go.I am in my 70’s and have sight problems and some mobility problems and on occasion I have been known to turn into Victor Meldrew.I kept calm and went to the office against the flow of people coming to the ground.When I got to the ticket office a young lady,outside the office asked what my problem was,so I told her.She called across another young steward who had a little gadget she pointed at my card and said she had replenished the card.She said if it happened again to just find a supervisor steward who could do the same.I managed to get through this time and if the pussy is reading I didnt leave befor the end of the match.

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Re: Season Card failure.

Post by 4midable » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:15 pm

Banned?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18289 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:15 pm

Jimscho wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:05 pm
Last night I was at he turnstile with my old gits Season Card which I have had for a number of years.My card was scanned and came up ‘no entry’.I have never had a problem before.I was at the Jimmy Mac upper turnstie and I was reasonably early.My 2 sons both in their forties had gone through the turnstile.I was told by the turnstile operator to go to the office to sort it out.I had to shout and tell my sons where I had to go.I am in my 70’s and have sight problems and some mobility problems and on occasion I have been known to turn into Victor Meldrew.I kept calm and went to the office against the flow of people coming to the ground.When I got to the ticket office a young lady,outside the office asked what my problem was,so I told her.She called across another young steward who had a little gadget she pointed at my card and said she had replenished the card.She said if it happened again to just find a supervisor steward who could do the same.I managed to get through this time and if the pussy is reading I didnt leave befor the end of the match.
Pain in the Arris that Jimscho ... the chap that took over my Brothers seat had loads of problems early doors this season, and it took them ages to get it all sorted.

Been OK since start of October though 🙂

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:30 pm

Now seems a good a time as any to tell a tale of my experience against Reading last Saturday.

I got to turnstile 44 in CFS, my usual choice of entrance, and when there alasy was exiting back against the queue due to her card being rejected.

As I went in I was also refused entry as my ticket had come up as "incorrect stand" even though I had the physical ticket there.

The turnstile operator was having none of it and said its just happened to the lady before me, so as he suggested to her I needed to speak to the supervisor who was outside.

On approaching the supervisor the lady prior to me was being told there has been some issues with the scanners, but it's OK she can go through the side gate with her young child as she's obviously got a ticket.
I must add at this point the lady in question was also pregnant.

So on seeing and hearing this I said yeah I'm in the sane boat, mine said the same, here's my ticket.
The Supervisor Steward said let me deal with this lady first then I'll sort you out.

After waiting 2 minutes and the lady getting in the side gate it was my turn right?
Wrong!

I was told I'd need to go round to the ticket office to get a reprint.
I questioned the lady saying you've literally just let 2 people through the gate with the exact same issue, only to be told " I can't expect a pregnant lady to walk all the way around with a child can I, however you're more than able"

Anyway I did go for a reprint and after talking to the ticket office staff it wasn't needed abd I got sent back round as it was just the scanner playing up.
My ticket did then eventually work, abd got on the game for 15:20...

A shambles.

Better not happen v THEM LOT.

Ps the stewarding outside the CFS is a shambles at the minute.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:41 pm

In what way is it a shambles?
It's always seemed OK to me.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2329 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Mine haven’t worked twice this season, I’ll not call out the lady in the ticket office but she basically told me it did work whilst turning her nose up and to try again. Did it work??? No, the steward just let me in though.

I actually queued yesterday and when I realised I was going to get her again, I let the lady in front go before me so I didn’t have to.

Obviously not their fault but the attitude really peed me off

ICL
Been Liked: 149 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by ICL » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:05 pm

I’ve had a card failure this season (previously posted), but been ok since. However, I now cross my fingers every time my card is scanned. Works for me ;)

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:12 pm

ICL wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:05 pm
I’ve had a card failure this season (previously posted), but been ok since. However, I now cross my fingers every time my card is scanned. Works for me ;)
So does Andy who sits next to me 🤣

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:18 pm

I had a card failure for one of the earlier games this season, was told to go to the ticket office.
I just went to the adjacent turnstile, scanned my ticket and went in 🤔

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 330 times
Has Liked: 254 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:41 pm

My card & my sons card wouldn’t scan at the first turnstile we turned up to last night, we went to another one next door…………..no problem!!
Little awkward scanners :roll:

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:54 pm

Eloise Laws wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:41 pm
My card & my sons card wouldn’t scan at the first turnstile we turned up to last night, we went to another one next door…………..no problem!!
Little awkward scanners :roll:
Thats no way to talk about your Son 😠

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:47 pm
Mine haven’t worked twice this season, I’ll not call out the lady in the ticket office but she basically told me it did work whilst turning her nose up and to try again. Did it work??? No, the steward just let me in though.

I actually queued yesterday and when I realised I was going to get her again, I let the lady in front go before me so I didn’t have to.

Obviously not their fault but the attitude really peed me off
Doesn’t surprise me I’ve had attitude in the ticket office previously

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:55 am

Technology 😂 let's get back to pay on the gate 😉

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:12 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:47 pm

You should always let the person in front go before you, that's the definition and whole point of a queue .....

;)

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2329 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:21 am

MACCA wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:12 am
You should always let the person in front go before you, that's the definition and whole point of a queue .....

;)
Haha well spotted!