Half season tickets?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
sox8595
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 384 times

Half season tickets?

Post by sox8595 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:28 pm

:?: In the past 'half season tickets" used to be available about this time of year, do they still do this?
If they did I reckon they would probably sell out.
Before the comments I'm long time holder but would be interested in how many folk who have let theirs lapse would be clamouring to get them back

bigdavethemaddog
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: Half season tickets?

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:44 pm

all home games have been on sale since the summer so doubt there are many seats available for every game that havent been bought for the bigger games

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2635 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:43 pm

They stopped doing them four or five seasons ago because they had sold so many season tickets at the start of the season.
I had a serious head injury and wasn't allowed to drive and a friend volunteered to drive me to all the matches left that season, approximately 10 home games. I tried to get him a half season ticket, however, I was advised that they had stopped them a couple of seasons before.
Elaine, who used to be in the ticket office, sorted me out very well because I had been a ST holder for years and she ensured that my friend never went without a ticket.
Although he was a Newcastle fan and had been very much involved in non-league football as Secretary etc. of clubs up here in the north east, he got a season ticket for the following season and continued until we were restricted by Covid.
This user liked this post: Royboyclaret

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:51 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:43 pm
They stopped doing them four or five seasons ago because they had sold so many season tickets at the start of the season.
I had a serious head injury and wasn't allowed to drive and a friend volunteered to drive me to all the matches left that season, approximately 10 home games. I tried to get him a half season ticket, however, I was advised that they had stopped them a couple of seasons before.
Elaine, who used to be in the ticket office, sorted me out very well because I had been a ST holder for years and she ensured that my friend never went without a ticket.
Although he was a Newcastle fan and had been very much involved in non-league football as Secretary etc. of clubs up here in the north east, he got a season ticket for the following season and continued until we were restricted by Covid.
Much easier when you were travelling from Ossy and Accy Grammar school for the evening games !!.....I'm sure we shared a bus on occasions.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:06 pm

I’ve never really understood why the club don’t facilitate ST sales at any time of year?

Peoples circumstances change all the time - new jobs, returning from abroad, etc. But there will be a small-ish number, say 500 per year max.

Surely it’s possible to allocate certain seats around the stadium for future ST sales? Then, block them from general sale and only release them once the rest of the stadium is sold.

You go online, go to buy a ST & it shows you the choice of 500 seats. You select one. The price is (full price/matches in season) * matches left. If it happens to have been sold for other games, that is displayed & price reduced accordingly. If the supporter isn’t happy with that, they could try selecting another seat that may not have been sold for that game or buy a separate ticket for the game in question.

Bingo - more ST holders throughout the year.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:06 pm

You go online, go to buy a ST & it shows you the choice of 500 seats. You select one. The price is (full price/matches in season) * matches left. If it happens to have been sold for other games, that is displayed & price reduced accordingly. If the supporter isn’t happy with that, they could try selecting another seat that may not have been sold for that game or buy a separate ticket for the game in question.

You can do that now though?

You can buy for all home games for rest of season. Just go into each game and select a seat in the part of the ground you want/has available seats. You get no discount but your approach doesn't suggest that you would expect that. If you did it now, you could get 15% off 3 game bundle and benefit from that.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 pm

I wonder how many 3 game bundles you can buy?

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:04 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm
You can do that now though?

You can buy for all home games for rest of season. Just go into each game and select a seat in the part of the ground you want/has available seats. You get no discount but your approach doesn't suggest that you would expect that. If you did it now, you could get 15% off 3 game bundle and benefit from that.
That’s a fair point, but a lot of people want their “own seat” and not the faff of buying 15+ tickets?

Re: cot, I assume there is, in order of cost effectiveness (avg price per game):

- Early bird ST’s
- Full price ST’s
- Individual match tickets

So yes, I’m saying this way they’d also benefit from a price reduction.

The 15% thing is a good idea though. Credit to the club for being a bit more creative with these things than they have in the past.

I’d also like to see them advertise ST’s much more widely in the local area. I think our prices are brilliant (although I’d lower them even more)… particularly in the Prem I reckon if more people in surrounding areas knew what they could watch a full season for, they’d sell a lot more.