The Traitors

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Re: The Traitors

Post by martin_p » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:48 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:36 am
Well there were obviously at least 2 traitors in the final, unless she thought there was just 1 traitor in the final 8 which just wouldn’t be allowed to happen. And Jaz would never have gone another round if he was a traitor because he had nothing to gain by doing so. Naive and gullible.
Ross was in the final 8 and he’d been revealed as a traitor, so once Andrew had also gone it wasn’t unreasonable to believe that last three were all faithful.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:23 pm

martin_p wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:48 pm
Ross was in the final 8 and he’d been revealed as a traitor, so once Andrew had also gone it wasn’t unreasonable to believe that last three were all faithful.
It wasn't but once Jaz had forced a final vote Molly made a decision based upon her friendship with Harry. The crux of the show was Harry's ability to convince them that the Traitors had intended to murder him but he was saved by the shield as opposed to what they actually did, which was recruit Ross.

That got rid of Ross, Jasmin and Evie based upon Zack's barmy theory. I think Jasmine and Evie would have seen through Harry in the end if not Ross who was a barn pot throughout.

After Andrew had cited Harry and was proven a traitor and Jaz forced a vote I think it was self-evident Harry was a traitor. I think Molly at that point knew the truth but couldn't bring herself to do anything about it.

I think we are hard wired in our DNA to believe someone who looks you in the eye and lies directly. You have to have a well used pre-frontal cortex to put all that hard wired evolutionary instincts to one side.

It's compulsive viewing because you can't believe that people are so naive and base their decisions on instinct and prejudice rather than a bit of old fashioned common sense.
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 863 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:38 pm

Think ClaretPete’s last paragraph sums it up perfectly. You’d think Jaz would be pretty annoyed with Molly but maybe he should have convinced her more why he was still voting and that she needed to put emotion aside. She was so blinkered though and was basically used as she wouldn’t stick her neck out and was totally sucked in by Harry. It was clear that if she ended up in the final fire pit vote it would be an easy ride for Harry. it was a bit of a weak disappointing end really and would have been better if she’d been binned off earlier.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:58 pm

Mollie was never going to turn. Jazz should have talked to Evie and worked through how to keep her in. He was pretty certain about Harry (hence his red flame) so if that was the case he should have realised that the ' they thought I was fodder but I had the shield' couldn't possibly be true. That only stacks if Harry is faithful.

Seeing as he thought Harry was a traitor it stands to reason that Evie is more likely faithful than traitor and he needed allies.

He was proper ****. No sympathy for him at all - the way he meekly backed off having slapped Harry with the lie at the round table just effectively made it easier for .Ellie to side with Harry