Have the boo-boys become happy bunnies.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Re: Have the boo-boys become happy bunnies.

Post by Stanbill05 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:59 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:43 pm

I was happy to be the fall guy on here for years, speaking for those who didn't dare to speak out against dire football. I now feel vindicated...
Too early for vindication. Dyche was trying to keep Burnley in the Premier League, no guarantee whatsoever that Burnley playing this way will be competitive if we get promoted. Of course it's better to watch in every way at the moment and I hope you're vindicated next year. Our finances need it..

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:33 pm

KRBFC wrote:
I just wanted my club to shake that ugly horrible brexit hoofball tag, I wanted to enjoy watching my team play again. I'm absolutely over the moon with us now, everything I wanted.

I was happy to be the fall guy on here for years, speaking for those who didn't dare to speak out against dire football. I now feel vindicated, look at what we should've been, one of the biggest clubs in the Championship, the largest away following in the division, Vincent Kompany's Burnley, opposition fans no longer complain about how timewasting shithouse and scruffy we are, now we're given plaudits for the football on show.

Kompany has built a really good squad too, often young lads from big clubs are ego maniacs, paid fortunes from a young age and lack hunger. The squad seems to be full of really nice polite young gentlemen. Role models the youth can relate too, I don't think I've seen Tella stop smiling. Maatsen's nice touch at Christmas. Brownhill has done quite alot of community work since joining etc.
and Kompany is only getting started

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:33 pm

Stanbill05 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:59 pm
Too early for vindication. Dyche was trying to keep Burnley in the Premier League, no guarantee whatsoever that Burnley playing this way will be competitive if we get promoted. Of course it's better to watch in every way at the moment and I hope you're vindicated next year. Our finances need it..
we will play this way or a very close variation of, it's the players that will change not the manager

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:59 pm

KRBFC wrote:
I just wanted my club to shake that ugly horrible brexit hoofball tag, I wanted to enjoy watching my team play again. I'm absolutely over the moon with us now, everything I wanted.

I was happy to be the fall guy on here for years, speaking for those who didn't dare to speak out against dire football. I now feel vindicated, look at what we should've been, one of the biggest clubs in the Championship, the largest away following in the division, Vincent Kompany's Burnley, opposition fans no longer complain about how timewasting shithouse and scruffy we are, now we're given plaudits for the football on show.

Kompany has built a really good squad too, often young lads from big clubs are ego maniacs, paid fortunes from a young age and lack hunger. The squad seems to be full of really nice polite young gentlemen. Role models the youth can relate too, I don't think I've seen Tella stop smiling. Maatsen's nice touch at Christmas. Brownhill has done quite alot of community work since joining etc.
I think it's totally unfair, regardless of the style of football (which will have to be curtailed somewhat if we are to survive next season btw) to paint the current bunch of players as being better role models than the previous ones.

I can't imagine Jay-Rod, Barnes, Cork, Brownhill suddenly becoming any different than in previous seasons.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 1063 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:19 am

It was a high dropping ball on a wet and windy night. Some goalkeeping coaches might suggest that punching such a ball might be a better option than trying to catch it especially when there are three or four players underneath the ball blocking your attempt to reach it.
An unconvincing punch is better than a dropped ball in a crowded area.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:11 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:59 pm
I can't be bothered because I don't think they exist, bud.
There was one user. a vicar if i recall rightly that wanted us to get thumped something like 9-0 when Dyche was dismissed
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie MeeActon1 CoolClaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:09 am

Spijed wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:59 pm
I think it's totally unfair, regardless of the style of football (which will have to be curtailed somewhat if we are to survive next season btw) to paint the current bunch of players as being better role models than the previous ones.

I can't imagine Jay-Rod, Barnes, Cork, Brownhill suddenly becoming any different than in previous seasons.
I didn't say they were better role models than anyone else, just that VK has built a side to be proud of and one that the youth can relate to.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:12 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:11 am
There was one user. a vicar if i recall rightly that wanted us to get thumped something like 9-0 when Dyche was dismissed
Some of the hysteria when Dyche went was ridiculous. It proved it was the right decision, Dyche and a section of our support had started to believe he was bigger than the club.
This user liked this post: MeeActon1

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:23 am

KRBFC wrote:

What utter, self-serving claptrap.
You banged on season after season, no matter how well we were doing or not, railing against what you, as a self-styled football purist, saw as hoofball, hoofball and nothing but hoofball. No acknowledgement that that simply wasn't true, no acknowledgement that we were scrapping way above our weight no acknowledgement that to play a pure, expansive game would have seen us battered nine games out of ten.
I love now that you are now happy to play the martyr, burned at an imaginary stake for criticising a style of football that was grim at times, I'll give you that, but I prefer to see Dyche and his style as being attritional, it was needs must to survive in that environment and survive we did.
Sure, you'd have preferred it to play out like one of your FIFA adventures but, sadly, for a club with the resources of ours that can't happen.
And, as for any vindication you are weirdly craving, I guess that will come when Kompany gets us to the Prem AND when he or his successor keep us there as long as Dyche did.
Times have changed, we ran out of resources, the takeover saw to that, and the trench mentality couldn't overcome that and so the inevitable we all knew would come one day did so.
You wanting the club to fail didn't bring it about, I'm afraid.
It's a new era, let's hope to God this incredible beginning can continue but, in the meantime, please stop this lousy, desperate garbage about being the only one in the know about the game and the club.
These 10 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Bordeauxclaret Spijed Bosscat Benson tiger76 Greenmile Big Vinny K Colburn_Claret GaryClaret

turbo5
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Post by turbo5 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:46 am

Football is a team game being directed by the managers game plan and style. (its not about individuals,) Some of these players mentioned from last season still play in the premier league and appear to be a good fit for that clubs way of playing and the team around them.
Our game plan has changed massively, not all these players would be suited to this style of football, it's not saying they are bad players just that others are more suited for this style of football. Pope being a really good example. (most probably one of the best goal keepers we have had,) but as previously mentioned on here, he would struggle under this style of play .

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:08 am

Absolutely and that is why Dyche was so successful.
He knows the game, understood exactly what a club the size of ours needs to survive for any meaningful length of time in the Prem and drilled the squad perfectly.
That time ended, we're now in the Championship and we now have a manager with a completely different background and mindset and who, with the support of a shrewd Chairman and some nifty recruiting, seems on the verge of being just as successful if not more so.
Early, early days but bloody hell, eh?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:57 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:23 am
What utter, self-serving claptrap.
You banged on season after season, no matter how well we were doing or not, railing against what you, as a self-styled football purist, saw as hoofball, hoofball and nothing but hoofball. No acknowledgement that that simply wasn't true, no acknowledgement that we were scrapping way above our weight no acknowledgement that to play a pure, expansive game would have seen us battered nine games out of ten.
I love now that you are now happy to play the martyr, burned at an imaginary stake for criticising a style of football that was grim at times, I'll give you that, but I prefer to see Dyche and his style as being attritional, it was needs must to survive in that environment and survive we did.
Sure, you'd have preferred it to play out like one of your FIFA adventures but, sadly, for a club with the resources of ours that can't happen.
And, as for any vindication you are weirdly craving, I guess that will come when Kompany gets us to the Prem AND when he or his successor keep us there as long as Dyche did.
Times have changed, we ran out of resources, the takeover saw to that, and the trench mentality couldn't overcome that and so the inevitable we all knew would come one day did so.
You wanting the club to fail didn't bring it about, I'm afraid.
It's a new era, let's hope to God this incredible beginning can continue but, in the meantime, please stop this lousy, desperate garbage about being the only one in the know about the game and the club.
You just took it the wrong way, I stated WHAT I WANTED TO SEE, MY OPINION, I SPOKE FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T DARE TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST HOOFBALL THEY DIDN'T LIKE TO WATCH.

Why are you telling me your version of events? I don't give a monkeys about your opinion, I didn't ask for it.

Not sure how you can struggle so badly with a basic concept, others are allowed a different view. Some liked the Dyche football, some didn't.

Now you are telling me Kompany needs to keep us in the PL for as long as Dyche for personal vindication? I'm sorry but who are you to tell me how to feel lol As for me ever wanting the club to fail, just pure bullshit again, I wanted a change of approach.
These 3 users liked this post: cockneyclaret MeeActon1 Vino blanco

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:59 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:08 am
Absolutely and that is why Dyche was so successful.
He knows the game, understood exactly what a club the size of ours needs to survive for any meaningful length of time in the Prem and drilled the squad perfectly.
That time ended, we're now in the Championship and we now have a manager with a completely different background and mindset and who, with the support of a shrewd Chairman and some nifty recruiting, seems on the verge of being just as successful if not more so.
Early, early days but bloody hell, eh?
I feel like I've got my club back, my interest is peaked again, I'm excited at the potential I see in this group. Am I allowed to feel like that?
These 3 users liked this post: cockneyclaret MeeActon1 Vino blanco

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:13 pm

The massive meltdown on here following our defeat at Sheff Utd shows how fickle some of our fanbase still is, since then we've reeled off 4 straight wins and the grumbling has stopped.

If Burnley fans aren't happy with the results and style of football on display under Vincent Kompany presently, then they'll never be satisfied,

Now as to whether we can maintain this exciting expansive style in the PL and survive will be Kompany's biggest test, yes he's performing great in the Championship and his signings have for the most part surpassed expectations, but the PL is a massive step up in quality for us to undertake with such an inexperienced squad and manager.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:56 pm

I seem to remember a particular poster for a number of years posting a couple of minutes after almost every defeat under Dyche about how he was doing everything wrong and what he should be doing. He would then go quiet for weeks whilst we were doing ok and then pop up again like the grim reaper every time we got beat.

He was called out for his negativity by CT and almost every other person on the forum. They were many even questioning whether he was a Burnley supporter and accused him of being a Blackburn fan posting on our message board.

Bearing in mind he was constantly criticising the most successful period in the clubs history for half a century you have to be a special kind of dumb to come on to the board now saying he was correct all along.

To say he was speaking for some kind of silent cohort of supporters who were too scared to speak out is even more stupid, arrogant and to be honest pretty embarrassing.

“I feel like I’ve got my club back’……….haha !! As was said by many posters during your years of criticising Dyche the club is better off without fans like you.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Greenmile

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:08 pm

As I implied, a self-centred jerk who, when rumbled, can only say in big SHOUTY capital letters that's its nothing to with anybody who points out the rubbish he's spouted over the years
His club?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:16 pm

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.
The temptation to say a lot more is strong but the lad's doing such a great job of showing himself up on his own.
Onwards and upwards..

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:23 pm

And no doubt he’ll be back on here spouting some sh-ite about other posters being obsessed with him.

Oh and let’s not forget the irony of his thousands of posts about his so called knowledge of other leagues and players around the world yet he did not even bother turning up to watch “my club” for years under Dyche.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:34 pm

Nothing to boo - just wanted and needed that big change and it happened and look where we are.
Where are the people who were convinced there was no life after Dyche ?

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:39 pm

I must admit that as I walked past the Royal Dyche, then the Turf and the Claret and the other Claret type bar I began to ponder that the club and the town are inextricably linked and that the picture of Dyche in his Henry the Eighth garb was uplifting in a peculiar way. Certainly, something for visiting Birmingham fans to look and ponder because I've been away to Birmingham and the walk to St Andrews was nothing like the walk down Yorkshire Street.

It's not Knightsbridge for sure but it looked somehow comforting; particularly, the claret hues of the lights outside the bars against the grim December evening. The Birmingham fans can sing without irony some irony about sh*tholes but clearly the walk/drive to turf is more pleasant than the one to St Andrews.

I'm a bit sad the picture of Jimmy Mac etc. have gone but ho hum there it is and the point is that winning is transitory. I know all the Claretflakes are going to start sobbing into their bibs if anyone dares to suggest that VK and his beautiful football will unlikely last 7 years in the Prem' but there it is...!

In the end, the club came before us and it will go on after and we won't always play beautiful football and we won't always win.....!

But if somehow the lived landscape can bear the memories of those who have brought joy and triumph in good times and bad then I think everyone is the richer for it...!
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:43 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:56 pm
I seem to remember a particular poster for a number of years posting a couple of minutes after almost every defeat under Dyche about how he was doing everything wrong and what he should be doing. He would then go quiet for weeks whilst we were doing ok and then pop up again like the grim reaper every time we got beat.

He was called out for his negativity by CT and almost every other person on the forum. They were many even questioning whether he was a Burnley supporter and accused him of being a Blackburn fan posting on our message board.

Bearing in mind he was constantly criticising the most successful period in the clubs history for half a century you have to be a special kind of dumb to come on to the board now saying he was correct all along.

To say he was speaking for some kind of silent cohort of supporters who were too scared to speak out is even more stupid, arrogant and to be honest pretty embarrassing.

“I feel like I’ve got my club back’……….haha !! As was said by many posters during your years of criticising Dyche the club is better off without fans like you.
Out of interest what was your username back in those days?

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:48 pm

No problem with that, Boysie
The choices were to continue as we did, bringing us a much lengthier stay in the Prem than most of us ever imagined, play an open, expansive game which, no doubt, would be easier on the eye but would have resulted in a much shorter stay or bet the ranch and risk losing everything the club had fought for.
I don't think there are any posters on here who couldn't see any life after Dyche, it was just a matter of stuck or twist at the time.
As it turned out, VK' s appointment which no one, not even our self-styled soccer guru, could have envisaged happened.
It's looking good, it's a different era, the approaches to the game between SD and VK are poles apart and time will tell who will be the most successful of the two.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:11 pm

Funnily enough ... the style of Football may have changed ... The majority of the team has definitely changed but ... 2 things haven't changed from those earlier seasons under Dyche ...
The "One game at a time mentality" and the "Team unity" as seen after a goal is scored hasn't changed one iota.

We are Burnley and long may that continue ...

Directors come and go
Managers come and go
Players come and go

But Fans are there for life ...

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie tiger76

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:14 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:34 pm
Nothing to boo - just wanted and needed that big change and it happened and look where we are.
Where are the people who were convinced there was no life after Dyche ?
“Where we are” is the division below !!

Not sure there are many who were convinced there was no life after Dyche.
Most reasonable fans knew he would leave at some point. Dyche knew he would leave. He said it on many occasions.

Kompany will also leave and there will be life after him too. But in the same way most of our fans don’t want VK to leave now there were a lot of fans who did not want Dyche to leave.

Do you not think if / when results start to deteriorate under VK that some fans will over react and start to criticise his style of play and some could eventually call for his head ?

Just like the language of good old fashioned direct and powerful football when you are doing well can quickly turn to words like “hoof ball” then possession based tactical masterclass type language will turn to slow tikka tikka boring with no end product when we have inevitable periods of losing games.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:00 pm

Clever, Vinny, very clever.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:06 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:02 am
The moaning guy on the Bob Lord has been extremely quiet this season too, which is a miracle in itself :)
If it's the bloke in Block 2, he hasn't. I went in there for the Cup game against Crawley and someone behind was non stop for 90 minutes. My mate said he is a moaning **** every game.

Thankfully I can't hear him from the JHU where I normally sit.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:12 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:56 pm

You are clearly a special kind of dumb, I have never said I was right all along because I wasn't critical all along. I gave Dyche a pass for the last 2 miserable years, I felt he wasn't adequately backed. Funnily enough I was mocked during the January window for ''crying and moaning'' about lack of signings when I felt it wasn't enough.

I've got that hunger for BFC back, that spark is reignited, i'm loving watching us play again. Nothing you say, will change that. As for your weird comments about me not attending for years under Dyche, you have to be a special kind of dumb to just guess and make that up. I survived every home game under Cotterill.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:24 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:11 pm
Funnily enough ... the style of Football may have changed ... The majority of the team has definitely changed but ... 2 things haven't changed from those earlier seasons under Dyche ...
The "One game at a time mentality" and the "Team unity" as seen after a goal is scored hasn't changed one iota.

We are Burnley and long may that continue ...

Directors come and go
Managers come and go
Players come and go

But Fans are there for life ...

UTC
Agree with this. But, fans do come and go too. The club was around way before I was born and hopefully will be there long after I’ve gone. Knowing that should make people understand that although you care deeply, actually you’re not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:43 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:24 pm
Agree with this. But, fans do come and go too. The club was around way before I was born and hopefully will be there long after I’ve gone. Knowing that should make people understand that although you care deeply, actually you’re not that important in the grand scheme of things.
obviously fans "die" but they "don't sell" the club or "get sold" or "get sacked" 🤣

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:53 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:43 pm
obviously fans "die" but they "don't sell" the club or "get sold" or "get sacked" 🤣
There’s a few who decide to stop supporting the team, and choose just to constantly criticise instead, because the tactics aren’t quite to their liking, though.

Some of them might even claim “vindication” when we change our style (in a lower division) to one they prefer, as if this proves that they were right all along.

Of course these numpties are thankfully few and far between, and most folk continue to support their team even when everything doesn’t meet with their exacting requirements.
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Big Vinny K evensteadiereddie

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:13 pm

There’s still a few pining after their ginger Prince too it seems. 😂

If you love turgid hoofball there’s prob loads on offer on any council pitch on a Sunday morning, get down and support the lads!

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:16 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:53 pm
There’s a few who decide to stop supporting the team, and choose just to constantly criticise instead, because the tactics aren’t quite to their liking, though.

Some of them might even claim “vindication” when we change our style (in a lower division) to one they prefer, as if this proves that they were right all along.

Of course these numpties are thankfully few and far between, and most folk continue to support their team even when everything doesn’t meet with their exacting requirements.
7 years later and still rent free

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:17 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:48 pm
No problem with that, Boysie
The choices were to continue as we did, bringing us a much lengthier stay in the Prem than most of us ever imagined, play an open, expansive game which, no doubt, would be easier on the eye but would have resulted in a much shorter stay or bet the ranch and risk losing everything the club had fought for.
I don't think there are any posters on here who couldn't see any life after Dyche, it was just a matter of stuck or twist at the time.
As it turned out, VK' s appointment which no one, not even our self-styled soccer guru, could have envisaged happened.
It's looking good, it's a different era, the approaches to the game between SD and VK are poles apart and time will tell who will be the most successful of the two.
Not sure I agree with that. There was a sizeable minority who used to talk as though nobody else in the world was capable of managing us other than Dyche. Talk of "he should be given the job for life" etc.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:17 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:13 pm
There’s still a few pining after their ginger Prince too it seems. 😂

If you love turgid hoofball there’s prob loads on offer on any council pitch on a Sunday morning, get down and support the lads!
Hasn't stopped Sheff United from getting pretty much capacity crowds this season has it?

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:19 pm

Spijed wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:17 pm
Hasn't stopped Sheff United from getting pretty much capacity crowds this season has it?
If you love hoofball fill your boots doesn’t bother me.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:23 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:19 pm
If you love hoofball fill your boots doesn’t bother me.
Thing is. They are 2nd in the table, 3points behind us winning on a regular basis. Ultimately that's what their fans will care about.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:26 pm

Spijed wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:23 pm
Thing is. They are 2nd in the table, 3points behind us winning on a regular basis. Ultimately that's what their fans will care about.
I don’t pay any attention to what Sheffield are doing apart from when we play them. At least we’re playing good stuff now, happy with that. Well done from the chairman down to get it going in the right way at last.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:15 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:17 pm
Not sure I agree with that. There was a sizeable minority who used to talk as though nobody else in the world was capable of managing us other than Dyche. Talk of "he should be given the job for life" etc.
Given it was “sizeable” it should be pretty easy for you to say who on this board said that nobody else could manage us other than Dyche and who said he should be given the job for life.

For even the strongest supporters of Dyche either of these things would be an extreme thing to say.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:22 pm

Have barely heard a “ boo” ( knee aside) directed at any of our players for 10 yrs or more , give or take the odd drunken honk or low end ( if widespread ) grumbling late in SD’s last season . The tolerance and support our fans gave even dogs like WW and Juke was little short of incredible loyalty.

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:35 am

Robert’s, Barnes, Muric and now Twine - all potential targets are now heroes. It’s all gone quiet over there.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:43 am

Twine?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:48 am

Conroy92 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:46 am
Many people on here were being called boo boys for asking for a change from Dyche, bet there not being labelled boo boys anymore. Funny old world!
Exactly this.

It's like there wasn't ever another option, approach or style possible.

I don't think it's so much "the boo boys" being quiet, sometimes when you're right it's easier sit back, smile and be silent.

A cheetah doesn't need to waste its energy or time racing a dog to prove who's fastest...
These 2 users liked this post: MeeActon1 jrgbfc

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:48 am

IWOODLOVETT wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:35 am
Robert’s, Barnes, Muric and now Twine - all potential targets are now heroes. It’s all gone quiet over there.
Roberts received some justifiable criticism - it is allowed. He even admitted himself his game wasn’t up to scratch due to the World Cup. His performances have notably improved since.

Barnes, again, received criticism for some truly woeful appearances but has worked hard clearly.

Muric is a curate’s egg and probably the one who has the rawest deal from some, but I wouldn’t say boo boys. There have been fairly accurate criticisms about his goalkeeping from set pieces etc.

And I’ve not heard anything about Twine.

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:49 am

Both JBG and Twine were branded as “sick-notes”

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm

Genuine question . When were any Burnley players last actually booed by our fans ? Even Jeff Hendrick was never booed and even ended up a bit of a cult player .

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:06 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm
Genuine question . When were any Burnley players last actually booed by our fans ? Even Jeff Hendrick was never booed and even ended up a bit of a cult player .
Paul Cook was booed I think once, and then ironically cheered when subbed off.

I vaguely remember Stanislas getting booed in a game for giving up on a ball he could have probably gotten to.

It’s a rarity but those two stick in my head.

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:10 pm

IWOODLOVETT wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:49 am
Both JBG and Twine were branded as “sick-notes”
JBG has spent a considerable amount of time out with injuries ,surely nobody could doubt that fact ? And it’s great he’s still around .
Twine clearly had an early niggle and has struggled ( understandably ) to get into a hugely successful side. It’s a huge jump in class for this lad and fantastic to see the other players reaction to his goal .

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:19 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:06 pm
Paul Cook was booed I think once, and then ironically cheered when subbed off.

I vaguely remember Stanislas getting booed in a game for giving up on a ball he could have probably gotten to.

It’s a rarity but those two stick in my head.
Re : Don’t remember the Cook one but you’re right about JS I can picture him late in match deep left towards JM stand giving up his run in a match I think we were struggling badly in . Though I think the abuse was more crowd frustration you lazy **** ***** type but still .