2022/23: Blackpool v Burnley – Ticket Information

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Gazclaret83
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Re: 2022/23: Blackpool v Burnley – Ticket Information

Post by Gazclaret83 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:14 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:13 pm
Your saying 12000 season ticket holders can apply, who do they give them to then.

First ones to press the buy button??
Corrupt

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:14 pm
So your saying the first to press the buy button at 10am.
Yes, just like tickets for any other event

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:17 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:
Yes. Obviously.

I didn't say anything about applying. You just buy them as normal.
Not sure that cures the complaints of kids of 9 getting tickets on thier first season as an holder.

Think the site would crash every time

D8BFC
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by D8BFC » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:20 pm

Gazclaret83 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:10 pm
Proper fans will be at millwall haha
Yes they will

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:22 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm
To be fair it’s an answer.
And I would have probably got tickets for the Blackpool game. Being retired and could just sit at my iPad pressing buy.
Under the the current system I didn’t.
I have have 8000 points daughter has 2000.

We missed out, cool with it.

No matter the system there will be 50 clarets on here having a meltdown saying it’s unfair.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:24 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:17 pm
Not sure that cures the complaints of kids of 9 getting tickets on thier first season as an holder.

Think the site would crash every time
I doubt it.

Not sure what your first sentence is saying there. Do you mean it won't stop kids complaining they can't get tickets or it won't stop people complaining that kids are getting tickets?

Either way it doesn't matter because nobody is guaranteed a ticket. It's giving the majority an equal chance to get one that is the point.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:24 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm
And if you missed out on the first press the button system, you will still be on here having a meltdown.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:
I’ve just been on to get tickets for tomorrow night and I’ve got 8930 points which I suspect would be enough to get top priority for any away game. I used to go on maybe 5-6 away games a year. I’ll likely only go to Rovers this season for the promotion party but I do agree with your suggestion, even if it meant missing out on the odd game. Fact of the matter is that if you can get online when tickets go on sale you’re going to be fine for 99% of games. It’s straightforward enough to manage and would resolve the issue with kids tickets.
Exactly. The problem will be getting those who think they are more deserving of a ticket than others to buy into it. 😉

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:28 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:24 pm
And if you missed out on the first press the button system, you will still be on here having a meltdown.
Not if you've got anything about you, you won't. I've missed on tickets to loads of events before because other people got in first. That's life.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:33 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:24 pm
I wouldn't because I barely go on away games since having a family and so couldn’t really grumble if I missed out on the odd time I did want them. Plus it would help blood the next generation of clarets. I started watching Burnley about 30 years ago with my dad, and some of the most vivid early football memories were actually away games! We were fairly crap back then, I wouldn’t want kids to miss out now we’re actually good! :lol:

Gazclaret83
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Gazclaret83 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:37 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:33 pm
I wouldn't because I barely go on away games since having a family and so couldn’t really grumble if I missed out on the odd time I did want them. Plus it would help blood the next generation of clarets. I started watching Burnley about 30 years ago with my dad, and some of the most vivid early football memories were actually away games! We were fairly crap back then, I wouldn’t want kids to miss out now we’re actually good! :lol:
Think the kids have had it pretty good the last ten years

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:38 am

My daughter (13) and a season ticket holder for 3 seasons now has been with me to about 8 of the away games so far including Ipswich and Norwich. For some of these I have had to ask around for points to make sure I can get our tickets together ( I have over 9000)...otherwise I have to wait for it to hit her level..which is still low simply because she is a newish season ticket holder. With that I risk also missing out. The downside to this is that somebody else gets the 10 points and she struggles to build her total. Yet she has attended more away games than many that are going to Blackpool and can't go as those with enough points are suddenly using them for themselves. Very much a catch 22 situation for me.

A solution would be to give points weighting to the further away games. Put them in zones according to distance. Then in time those that are willing to travel to the further games will overtake those that only want to travel local.

It needs resetting in some way and re-weighting to recognise those that travel all over the country to follow the team. Separating home attendance from away attendance would be a start. It's a mess as it is and more a case of who you know than any semblance of loyalty and attendance.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:48 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:22 pm
To be fair it’s an answer.
And I would have probably got tickets for the Blackpool game. Being retired and could just sit at my iPad pressing buy.
Under the the current system I didn’t.
I have have 8000 points daughter has 2000.

We missed out, cool with it.

No matter the system there will be 50 clarets on here having a meltdown saying it’s unfair.
You sound to be in a very similar situation I have with my daughter. I've been able to source tickets for her from people with the points for some games..but not this time. Yeah she gets to go to those games but others get the 10 points.
As it is I am still going with friends as I have over 9000 and she isn't going. She is ok with it.

I just think that anybody who travels to more games..and the longer ones should be recognised in some way and have some priority over those who only want to do the easy local games but because they have a season ticket for years get to go. Home attendance and away attendance should be separated points wise.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:57 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:38 am
My daughter (13) and a season ticket holder for 3 seasons now has been with me to about 8 of the away games so far including Ipswich and Norwich. For some of these I have had to ask around for points to make sure I can get our tickets together ( I have over 9000)...otherwise I have to wait for it to hit her level..which is still low simply because she is a newish season ticket holder. With that I risk also missing out. The downside to this is that somebody else gets the 10 points and she struggles to build her total. Yet she has attended more away games than many that are going to Blackpool and can't go as those with enough points are suddenly using them for themselves. Very much a catch 22 situation for me.

A solution would be to give points weighting to the further away games. Put them in zones according to distance. Then in time those that are willing to travel to the further games will overtake those that only want to travel local.

It needs resetting in some way and re-weighting to recognise those that travel all over the country to follow the team. Separating home attendance from away attendance would be a start. It's a mess as it is and more a case of who you know than any semblance of loyalty and attendance.
What about the advantage London Clarets would have over locals?
As for using STs only, why should someone who has held a ST for a decade, followed the Clarets up and down the leagues, miss out to someone who just wants to jump on the bandwagon, and will probably stop again if we go down. There is a reason they are called loyalty points.

It doesn't matter what argument you use, there is a counter argument. There is no perfect solution, and what we have, whilst imperfect, is by far the best option. Ridiculous to still be arguing this point after all this time.

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 192 times

Post by bumba » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:50 am

Any system the club uses is open to fans taking advantage. The current system people just borrow tickets from elsewhere but then their Clarets numbers aren't getting points because they are using somebody else's.
Man Utd do a ballot system but the same fans who travel to every away game always get a ticket to every game which is almost impossible considering the fanbase.
Maybe we could increase the away points to 25 per game then at the end of a season if you've been to 15+ you get 350, 10+ 250 etc as a thank you bonus.
If you've attended all cup games that season maybe a 100 points bonus then people can catch up quicker.
If we stuck to the points system strictly we'd be stopping children following the club which is the clubs future

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1130 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:53 am

Gazclaret83 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:10 pm
Proper fans will be at millwall haha
Fans that are at Millwall will be fans that can get off work, fan's that don't need to take children out of school, not all proper fan's can do this

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:04 am

So the issue is that the current system prevents people taking kids to away games, thus depriving the club of the lifeblood of the next generation of fans, whilst simultaneously allowing lots of kids who couldn't possibly have 6000 points to go to away games because they use other people's tickets?

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:15 am

The points system needs to be scrapped

It doesn't really reward fan's for away game attendance does it with 10 points

Children that can't abuse the system and don't have a older relative (wrongley) to borrow their loyalty points from will never catch up to the top tier of points

Even if a child has a season ticket from 5 years old and is taken out of school to attend midweek games away and goes to all available games that go to general sale will only pick up around 500 points a season, they will have to be taken out of school and go to 80% of every away game for 12 years just to reach 6k points by then it would of been increased at least once its almost impossible to reach the top limit, these are the future clarets and there has to be a way of them catching up to parent's points totals, this is my problem I've got almost 10k points but two younger fan's in my group that travel don't have the max 6k and will probably never catch up if it increases again and again, I've got to wait until the points total drops for me to be able to buy for all three of us but it always sells out, yes that's hard luck on my behalf but the future fan's aren't being looked after I don't know the answer but it definitely needs a shake up

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:34 am

bumba wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:50 am
Any system the club uses is open to fans taking advantage. The current system people just borrow tickets from elsewhere but then their Clarets numbers aren't getting points because they are using somebody else's.
Man Utd do a ballot system but the same fans who travel to every away game always get a ticket to every game which is almost impossible considering the fanbase.
Maybe we could increase the away points to 25 per game then at the end of a season if you've been to 15+ you get 350, 10+ 250 etc as a thank you bonus.
If you've attended all cup games that season maybe a 100 points bonus then people can catch up quicker.
If we stuck to the points system strictly we'd be stopping children following the club which is the clubs future
I agree. I'm not even coming at this from a selfish "I've got 9000 points..why are there so many kids getting tickets and i can't" angle. I have the points. If I want to sit with my daughter (as any parent would) then I need to buy together. At present that means me either waiting until they are on general sale or getting a number off someone with the points..and they claim the 10 points.
I've heard the line"well there's plenty of other games where there are enough tickets"...but it's a b*llocks argument. My daughter has claimed some loyalty this season..I think from Cardiff away..and could have a couple more where I wasn't risking it.....

...but it's 10 points a game. The gaps are 2000. She'd have to wait for 200 games to get to general sale to do a level. How in gods name is that realistic?
Having a season ticket speeds it up...but it's 6 seasons to get a level that way. The kids don't stand a chance and the only way they will get tickets for a game like this is to use somebody elses number..basically cheating the system.

It really shouldn't be like that. Kids are the future of the club. There simply has to be a way to get kids who travel all over the country..as my daughter does with me to these games. It's totally nonsensical.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:59 am

There is no ideal solution, never has been

In the days before the internet, online sales and loyalty points, it was first come, first served at the ticket office, but the staff in the ticket office always kept tickets back for certain supporters who were always guaranteed a ticket.

I'll miss out on games this season,even though I've more than enough points, younger members of the family haven't enough, that's how it is, whatever system is in place some will miss out, some will get tickets by hook or by crook, others will still be looked after by the club.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:08 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:34 am
I agree. I'm not even coming at this from a selfish "I've got 9000 points..why are there so many kids getting tickets and i can't" angle. I have the points. If I want to sit with my daughter (as any parent would) then I need to buy together. At present that means me either waiting until they are on general sale or getting a number off someone with the points..and they claim the 10 points.
I've heard the line"well there's plenty of other games where there are enough tickets"...but it's a b*llocks argument. My daughter has claimed some loyalty this season..I think from Cardiff away..and could have a couple more where I wasn't risking it.....

...but it's 10 points a game. The gaps are 2000. She'd have to wait for 200 games to get to general sale to do a level. How in gods name is that realistic?
Having a season ticket speeds it up...but it's 6 seasons to get a level that way. The kids don't stand a chance and the only way they will get tickets for a game like this is to use somebody elses number..basically cheating the system.

It really shouldn't be like that. Kids are the future of the club. There simply has to be a way to get kids who travel all over the country..as my daughter does with me to these games. It's totally nonsensical.
Totally agree with this. I have bought a season ticket for my Grandson for the last 2 seasons, and he is only 7 and cant attend night matches so misses half of the games, however he does not realise it yet but all I am doing is building his loyalty points while its cheaper so when he gets older and he wants to go to matches with his mates, he will have the points total to do it, I dont see any other way, and it is an expensive luxury, that he will thank me for 1 day.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:11 am

There was approx 3500 tickets

There were more than 3500 people who wanted to go.

It’s not hard to realise regardless of the system in place that not everyone would get a ticket.

The only thing I think you should be able to do is donate points to your kids. That would reduce your points but increase theirs and would be a permanent transfer. That would speed up the kids points accumulation.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:37 am

There are more pages to this thread than there are people posting that have actually missed out!
This user liked this post: keith1879

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:55 am

People need to get it out of their head they are a better supporter than anybody else.

These young ones were just born later that's all.

At first they used the advantage of away tickets to sell STs, now they would be better off implementing home cup ties into a system to sell the ground out.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:00 am

When there is more demand than supply as in this case there will be people that miss out. I have thought about this and the club could introduce a split allocation system.

I.E 75% of tickets sold the way they are now on the points tier system but perhaps introducing new higher tiers.

25% via a ballot where they set a date that you must be registered before they go on sale to the higher tiers and within the ballot they have options such as 4 ticket blocks, 2 ticket blocks and single tickets using this system will give the option of those on a high level of points applying with children who don’t. The club could confirm if the ballot is oversubscribed or not and any spare tickets allocated back to the current system.

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 177 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:05 am

There's no easy way around obtaining away tickets I was lucky before I moved abroad I had enough points , I think the only solution I can think of is fans with say 9000 points they go into a draw for so many and so on and if you missed out wait until the next draw, if not some fans are never going to see them away in the premiership going of demand.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:10 am

There are 23 away league games plus 4 (up to now) away cup games.

What they could do is change the way they are sold for next season.

6000 points could be kept the same but then split something like this

Day 1
6000 points and 20 plus away games 1st morning of sales
6000 points and 15 plus away games 1st afternoon of sales

Day 2
6000 points and 10 plus away games 2nd morning of sales
6000 points and 5 plus away games 2nd afternoon of sales

Day 3
4000 points and 20 plus away games 3rd morning of sales
4000 points and 15 plus away games 3rd afternoon of sales

That way those who go away regular get rewarded as well as those who just pick the odd few away games.

There is no arrangement that will suit everyone it is impossible. Interesting though that we were told for a fairly long period that people don't bother with cup games due to Dyche and the players not being arsed. Quite surprising that those players and Dyche have gone and sales look quite disappointing for tonight.

Maybe those who attend cup games could receive more than the 10 points.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:11 am

I’ve got mates who are Man U and Liverpool fans (sorry)…….. they’ve got various schemes ie it’s different for European matches etc. He indicated all that happened is that they buy every ticket going, then sell them on…….. keeping the ones they want to use…..

Liverpool now do “virtual tickets” tied into the mobile phone number to stop cards or paper tickets being passed on….. so all they do now is buy a pay as you go phone and have that as their primary number for membership, use that to hold the ticket, then pass the phone on…….
This user liked this post: Down_Rover

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:15 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:10 am

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

That way those who go away regular get rewarded as well as those who just pick the odd few away games.

There is no arrangement that will suit everyone it is impossible. Interesting though that we were told for a fairly long period that people don't bother with cup games due to Dyche and the players not being arsed. Quite surprising that those players and Dyche have gone and sales look quite disappointing for tonight.

That’s all well and good, but what’s the period in which you’ve to attend those away games?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:16 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:15 am
That’s all well and good, but what’s the period in which you’ve to attend those away games?
For each season then the previous one, so this seasons away games are used for next season

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:48 am

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Yes but what if the person that hits the priority one criteria can’t get online at 10am etc……

There will always be a reason to moan regardless of the criteria that are applied.

This system works for the majority. A handful of posters or their kids have seemingly missed out for a game that was always going to be oversubscribed. Leave it as it is.

Jimscho
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by Jimscho » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:58 am

They could let anyone with say 6000 points buy 1 adult and 1 child ticket.If you have 2 children you could then pick your favourite child to take with you😀

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:14 am

There isn't a perfect system, they call it loyalty points but a lot of the tickets bought aren't for the loyal fan who's points they belong to and unfortunately people will always find away around it.

Children who can't or won't cheat the system don't have a chance at ever getting to the top tier of loyalty points and this is where I come in with my selfish view because this is what affects me personally, I travel to away games with one or somtimes two younger fans and for us to sit together we've got to buy our tickets together but this is not possible because they don't have enough loyalty points and if they up it periodically they never will or will take them year's and these are the next generation of clarets

Like I said there is no perfect solution but what I think should change is

The ability to buy a child's ticket from a adults loyalty points, yes you can't stop it but at least match the away ticket to the points owner so if you want to cheat the system and buy a 8 year old a ticket you'd have to pay the full adult price matching the loyalty points owner

For children to catch up so they can go to away games with parents for example there points could be pooled into a family loyalty points account for example an 8 year old has say 1k points they could be added to a parents points amount of lets say 7k and so on with all children registered at the same address.

Sales of tickets could be say first day 6k and above for single ticket sales and 8k for a pooled points family

Children's season tickets shouldn't be set at 350 points points they should be set at say 650 for the first 5 season's then 550 for the next 5 then drop to 350 for each season after that

Away ticket points for children could be 50 points for say the first 30 away game's they attend then 40 points for the next 30 away games decreasing to 10 points per match

Children's cup games could be 50 points and maybe the gate's would increase.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:20 am

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Good idea, but even then there's no way of knowing that it's the said person's ticket that's actually going to the game.
My first priority would be 6000 points as it is at the moment, but must be a current season ticket holder, how can it be right for someone not to have been on a game for the last season and a half for instance but yet get a ticket for Blackpool by virtue of having 6000 points. And then to make matters even worse for them to pass the ticket on to a friend or relative, which is clearly what must be happening, however the person using the ticket may be a current season ticket holder, but just doesn't have the required 6000 points. There's absolutely no way to make thing's completely fair unfortunately.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:21 am

If your argument is that you want something that doesn't work for you to change to something that works specifically in favour of what you want, you're unlikely to win the argument tbh.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:23 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:21 am
If your argument is that you want something that doesn't work for you to change to something that works specifically in favour of what you want, you're unlikely to win the argument tbh.
Thanks for your educated reply

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:30 am

I find it staggering that we’re still issuing paper tickets, surely it should be e-tickets only which would at least allow some default “digital policing” of the blatant multiple ticket grabs.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:30 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:23 am
Thanks for your educated reply
You said yourself it was your selfish view!

Why should a kids season ticket be worth more than an adults? They probably don't even pay for it.

Likewise, why should an adult who's been going for 30 years have priority over a kid simply by virtue of being born earlier?

The answer to both questions is that they shouldn't.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:39 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:30 am

Why should a kids season ticket be worth more than an adults ?

Likewise, why should an adult who's been going for 30 years have priority over a kid simply by virtue of being born earlier ?

The answer to both questions is that they shouldn't.
Okay using your two very good examples the answer to this problem would be to reset all the points to zero every ten season's say

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by northeastclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:40 am

Just wanted to see if we have sold all the tickets yet, and wow 6 pages, rather than wade through them all can someone confirm if they are still on sale ?

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:39 am
Okay using your two very good examples the answer to this problem would be to reset all the points to zero every ten season's say
No, the same arguments would be had the further you get into the 10 urar period. The answer is to not have loyalty points.

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by northeastclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am

Ah just seen sold on the site, what time?

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am

northeastclaret wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:40 am
Just wanted to see if we have sold all the tickets yet, and wow 6 pages, rather than wade through them all can someone confirm if they are still on sale ?
The club confirmed last night that we had sold out.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:30 am
I find it staggering that we’re still issuing paper tickets, surely it should be e-tickets only which would at least allow some default “digital policing” of the blatant multiple ticket grabs.
Not every team we play away will have the technology to scan tickets digitally, especially many lower league clubs.

It will be expensive to install new turnstiles at every ground.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am

northeastclaret wrote:
Sold out.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:50 am

We're victims of our own success this season, sell outs home and away...long may it continue !

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:50 am

I have read this thread with interest. Several points arise.

1. Three of my family attend. My daughter and I have 8000+, my son has about 4800. So we fall into that gap that irritate many in here

2. I will not be going to Blackpool, largely because fans with high levels of points have ‘given’ their points to others. This makes matters worse as the loyalty points cannot be earned by people in lower levels.

3. I do not understand the fixation on rewarding ‘away fans’.
Many of use travel a distance to get to home games, so why prefer away fans?
If there is a heavy bias to away fans then we will end up with the same fans going to every away game so it solves nothing. I agree 10 points is too low but that any increase should apply to home games too

4. Despite its flaws nobody on this thread has come up with a better plan. The flaw is that too many people cheat and jump the queue because they can .
I think the current one should work if policed properly. Something like sending untransferable virtual tickets to registered phone numbers like Liverpool do. I think match attendance should be rewarded by say 25 points per game

Finally we all have to come to terms with the fact that demand exceeds supply. We have to understand that we will be unlucky from time to time
.what does irk here is the likelihood that it is not the system that has failed but people have cheated it
These 2 users liked this post: AGENT_CLARET Colburn_Claret

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:53 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am
No, the same arguments would be had the further you get into the 10 urar period. The answer is to not have loyalty points.
I totally agree with you on that one

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:54 am

northeastclaret wrote:
Yes well over 2k still for sale

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:55 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am
So somebody who just buys a season ticket because we're in the Prem has the same chance as somebody who's followed us home and away the last 30 years? Personally think that's the worst suggestion yet.