Player of the Season - so far?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Player of the Season - so far?

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:46 pm

Cullen

bfcmik
Been Liked: 897 times
Has Liked: 1104 times

Post by bfcmik » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:18 pm

Harwood-Bellis was seen by many as vital to our success until his injury. Brownhill is rightly seen by myself and others as a vital cog in the system alongside Cork and Cullen. Barnes has proved how good a player he is since returning to the side in the Crawley game. Maatsen and Roberts game level has improved considerably since the season started. JBG has played some of the best, and most consistent, football we have seen since he joined us. Tella is either on fire or just 'hot coals' but it is hard to find any criticism due to his goal scoring and assists. Zaroury and Benson are both potential game changers whenever they play. Muric is, generally, brilliant though he can be prone to trying too hard leading to the odd mistake, his passing is often sublime. Beyer has been mainly immense though his mistakes often lead to some serious nerve jangles. Ekdal has come in and looked class, as has Al_Dakil. Peacock Farrell has been an able deputy to Muric, his shot stopping and box control making up for his less natural sweeper ability. Charlie Taylor has done a job at centre-back and has his genius moments but seems to be a step down, in part because of the levels the other centre backs have displayed. JayRod has been effective on many occasions (as his nine goals prove) but had looked increasingly less of a threat before his injury.

Just a long way round to say, "I haven't a clue!"

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:27 pm

Much depends on how some of the potential candidates for Player
of the Season perform over the last games but so far it's any one from
those already mentioned but for me it's Cullen closely followed by Harwood-Bellis.