Standing at the front

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1745 times
Has Liked: 344 times

Standing at the front

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:51 pm

I witnessed a sad sight today.

My seat was about four rows up from the front of the middle tier behind a family with a young boy, he was not much older than 7 or 8. In front of them was a Burnley supporter who decided to spend the entire match standing up.

Now, I know standing helps the atmosphere and makes for a better matchday experience, but he didn't need to stand. He was at the second row up before the black safety netting.

When it was clear he wasn't going to sit down, I offered if the little boy would like to stand next to me, as he would have a better vantage point... but he had already lost interest and was too upset, he wasn't keen on standing on a seat and spent the match sat down looking at a blokes behind. The dad was too polite to ask those in front to sit down and was probably hoping the boy would come round to standing on a seat.

The guy consistently standing and his son acted oblivious to any of it but think they chose not to turn around because they knew what they were doing. They decided they were standing for the game - and thats that.

The little boy had to be entertained with his dads iPhone instead. What a waste. It's a shame because that little boy may never want to go to a game ever again now. Experiences like that have a negative effect getting into football.

I understand that people like to stand, but these two didn't need to - and they must have known they were spoiling it for a young supporter. Just depressing.

The guy had grey hair and put a black and red hat on in the second half and had a teenage son with black wavey hair. If you thats you, I hope you both enjoyed your day, bellends.
These 8 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret Exsus MT03ALG IanMcL SalisburyClaret k90bfc Colburn_Claret Ness20

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Re: Standing at the front

Post by GetIntoEm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:17 am

Everyone was stood up today, it happens. Particularly at away games. I had my young kids with me too. You just have to make the best of it.

Should the person in front sit down so they can't then see. It's one of those.

Fortunately the tiers are quite steep at city so my kids could still see despite everyone standing
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1745 times
Has Liked: 344 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:53 am

GetIntoEm wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:17 am

Should the person in front sit down so they can't then see. It's one of those.
Thing is, he could see. My point is that he didn't need to stand.

If it was me, I'd be more aware, see that there's a child directly behind me and rethink if I was going to stand or not. He purposely didn't. I just think it's a shame.
These 5 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret MT03ALG IanMcL k90bfc Im_not_Robbie_Blake

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:56 am

I remember being at an away game at Wolves a few years ago. There were a family of cretins on the very front row who were refusing to sit down, despite appeals from those behind for them to do so. The stewards were informed, but basically said there was nothing they could do, which I found astonishing.

They make a big hoo-ha now and again about persistent standing, but it's very rarely enforced and makes away games a non starter for many who would otherwise go.
These 4 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret MT03ALG IanMcL k90bfc

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:07 am

Hold on - was the guy even asked if he could sit down? Did he refuse? I get the impression from your post that neither of these things happened. People will naturally stand at an away game. It’s totally naive to think otherwise. How do you know they ‘chose not to turn around’? If his son was so upset, why didn’t he just have a word with the guy? You never know, he may have sat down.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:55 am

Once again we have had the nonsense of people buying tickets at the front and then standing. This has been our experience and sometimes stewards are happy to move you as there are always seats reserved for those who can't stand as we found at Sunderland
The joke at Blackpool was the huge sign saying persistent standers will be evicted.
These 3 users liked this post: MT03ALG IanMcL k90bfc

wbfc
Been Liked: 108 times

Post by wbfc » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:03 am

This has been going on for 25 years...it is easier said than done to ask somebody who could be looking for an argument to sit down ...

If I had been the lads dad I would have taken him out of the stadium and done something else...

I also feel sorry for the boy whose dad did not sit down what an example he is getting...

It was one of the best things that ever happened to me as a 5 year old boy to go to see BFC with my grandad and mate..

I am so glad I did not get a similar experience
This user liked this post: MT03ALG

pauliopaulio
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by pauliopaulio » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 am

wbfc wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:03 am
it is easier said than done to ask somebody who could be looking for an argument to sit down ...
“Sorry mate, would you mind sitting down? My lad can’t see”

It easier to make assumptions about someone than actually find out. If no-one asked these “bell-ends” to sit down then one could make an assumption they didn’t know they were ******* anyone off?

wbfc
Been Liked: 108 times

Post by wbfc » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:56 am

Sorry that is not my experience...

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:04 am

Calling someone out on a message board and insulting them?
Shame you didn’t call him a bellend to his face

Exsus
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Exsus » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:56 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:04 am
Calling someone out on a message board and insulting them?
Shame you didn’t call him a bellend to his face
I have a similar issue with a bellend in front of me, and yes I have called him out, he just said "nah, I'm alright thanks ".

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:05 am

Same experience here. I was bringing my young lads with me as they were desperate to go. I tried to get tickets as close to the front as possible knowing that folk like to stand when going away. And yep, some people had deliberately chosen the front row knowing they wanted to stand the entire game. Fortunately, not everyone on the front row was as selfish and we moved a few seats across so they could see.
These 2 users liked this post: MT03ALG k90bfc

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:12 am

If I was blocking a kids view I would offer to swap our seats. If I was with a kid I’d ask those in front if we could swap. That way you’re not asking them to sit down.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:18 am

I used to take my son regularly to away matches when he was that age………………….same issues, so as a last resort he used to go to sleep (such was the entertainment!)…………..

He’s now in his 30’s and has had a season ticket with me ever since he was about 7……………and now he doesn’t sleep and even occasionally buys me a beer!

As long as yer lad enjoys his dads company you’ll be reet.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:19 am

It looked to me like the main ones blocking views yesterday were the stewards

Shaun1983
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Shaun1983 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:24 am

My youngest girl is 7 and she has just started attending away games with myself and my other two children. My two girls are both small for their age and have come to terms with either having to stand on their chairs or not being able to see as before I buy a ticket for them I make them aware thats the case at away games. I suppose the situation has been helped this year with being able to select seats so families with small children who wish to be seated can choose the front row as long as these seats haven't sold to those with 6000 points. (maybe kids should automatically get 6000 points 😂😂).
Its the norm at away games to stand up and maybe the clubs rather than have a safe standing area should allocate a small section of seats where they enforce seating. I would personally still choose to stand as it does help with the atmosphere. My youngest also takes ear defenders to the games that are expected to be loud like last night and she also isn't a fan of being high up but as this season has gone on she has improved and last night was the first game where she has joined in with the chants at the top of her voice and was jumping around so even though the young boy who didn't want to stand on his seat perseveres with the games then I'm sure he will start to enjoy the atmosphere
This user liked this post: Falcon

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am

This was the very reason I chose not to buy a ticket yesterday. My little un couldn’t see at Blackpool for the same reason but just about managed. It’s ruining football as is the risk of being next to a coke head. No other sport allows either issue. Kids interests are meant to come first, not last.

In the old Longside and equivalent if you couldn’t see you simply moved somewhere you could. That isn’t always possible in all seaters and for me that’s the fundamental difference why it should be enforced, but it isn’t just Burnley it’s everywhere for away fans.

At City there is also the problem of stewards and / or police stood up at the front of the tier in vast numbers. Don’t know if they crouched down yesterday or if the covered up rows meant the angle over their heads was OK.

All very unfortunate but away games and kids often don’t go together.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

The Centre Spot
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by The Centre Spot » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:54 am

Shaun1983 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:24 am
'My youngest girl is 7 and she has just started attending away games....... and last night was the first game where she has joined in with the chants at the top of her voice...'
'The referees a w⚓'
'..will we play bstrd rovers...'
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shaun1983
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Shaun1983 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:56 am

The Centre Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:54 am
'The referees a w⚓'
'..will we play bstrd rovers...'
🤣🤣🤣🤣
And the jack walker one 😂😂😂

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 am

I always thought the whole point of the seat choosing thing was that the standers chose to use the rear seats. I've noticed that rather strange phenomenon also, that there are a certain group of people getting in early with the buying, deliberately buying the front row, and then standing for the whole game.

I just don't get it.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1392 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:47 am

wbfc wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:03 am
...feel sorry for the boy whose dad did not sit down what an example he is getting...
I had my suspicions from the start, but these were confirmed after the half time interval when the chap next to me returned coked-up to the eyeballs; not to be encouraged at the best of times, but at about 65-70 minutes, he announced to his wife/partner and 12 or 13 year old daughter that "we'll leave now and get away ahead of the traffic". One hopes he wasn't the one driving.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1392 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:51 am

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:37 am
... a certain group of people getting in early with the buying, deliberately buying the front row, and then standing for the whole game.

I just don't get it.
It's obvious... if you're standing at the back it reduces the number of people who will see what a loyal/diehard supporter you are

Bobzuruncle
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by Bobzuruncle » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:52 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am
This was the very reason I chose not to buy a ticket yesterday. My little un couldn’t see at Blackpool for the same reason but just about managed. It’s ruining football as is the risk of being next to a coke head. No other sport allows either issue. Kids interests are meant to come first, not last.

In the old Longside and equivalent if you couldn’t see you simply moved somewhere you could. That isn’t always possible in all seaters and for me that’s the fundamental difference why it should be enforced, but it isn’t just Burnley it’s everywhere for away fans.

At City there is also the problem of stewards and / or police stood up at the front of the tier in vast numbers. Don’t know if they crouched down yesterday or if the covered up rows meant the angle over their heads was OK.

All very unfortunate but away games and kids often don’t go together.
I agree, after the Huddersfield game I am very reluctant to go to away games as my knees just won’t stand it . I would have liked to have gone with my sons yesterday (regardless of the result) but decided not to as my seats turned out to be at the back.

ClaretSam92
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by ClaretSam92 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:06 pm

I was at the front of the upper tier yesterday and stood for the first half, as did everyone around me. Second half the people directly behind me chose to sit, so we did the same out of courtesy.

Unfortunately a ****** up bloke 3 rows back decided to topple over and wipe out people in the 3 rows infront of him including me. I ended up 2 rows down in a heap in the netting of the front row. No apology. Luckily it wasn't the child a few seats away.

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by durhamclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:14 pm

One of the reasons why I don’t go in the away end at away games, I agree, total bellends with no consideration (or common sense and courtesy) for fellow fans.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:22 pm

pauliopaulio wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 am

It easier to make assumptions about someone than actually find out. If no-one asked these “bell-ends” to sit down then one could make an assumption they didn’t know they were ******* anyone off?
When I think there is a chance of being able to sit, if the folk in front of me are the cause, I ask. I even shout out very authorities 'Sit down' if folk look 'out of place' standing. Yesterday, I was on row E tier 3. Neither of those things were possible. Today, I can hardly walk.
C'est la vie.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:30 pm

Some next to us were standing up and in the way of a 6 or 7 year old girl. The selfishness of these people is astounding and shocking.

They were extremely agitated and aggressive. They left for the toilets 5 minutes before the first half and didn't return until 5 minutes into the second half before finally departing on 70 minutes.

The father of the girl politely asked them to sit down and received a torrent of abuse and swearing in his face. All directly in front of the stewards and a useless copper.

As a child, I read my uncle's Charles Buchan's Football Monthlys which covered the whole of the 60s. Reading through them, they covered all aspect of football including the growing numbers of young men who were acting as "hoodlums" or "hooligans". It was a new phenomena back then and hadn't yet morphed into the violent sects of the later 70s and 80s. The naivety with which some of the commentators sought to brush off this new kind of behaviour is there in black and white if you have copies of these magazines.

Right now, we're in the equivalent of that 1960s era. There is a growing new problem of young men taking cheap cocaine and causing problems at football games. It's there for everybody to see.

It's far easier to brush off the problem or turn a blind eye to it. It'll store up a much bigger problem in the future.
These 3 users liked this post: fidelcastro k90bfc Roosterbooster

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32235 times
Has Liked: 5252 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:50 pm

I was on row G in the top tier and had to stand although everyone was sitting in the front two rows of occupied seats.

They wouldn't be allowed to give us an allocation like that in the Premier League - I believe they have to give us some of the safe standing area down at the bottom.

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:52 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:30 pm
Some next to us were standing up and in the way of a 6 or 7 year old girl. The selfishness of these people is astounding and shocking.

They were extremely agitated and aggressive. They left for the toilets 5 minutes before the first half and didn't return until 5 minutes into the second half before finally departing on 70 minutes.

The father of the girl politely asked them to sit down and received a torrent of abuse and swearing in his face. All directly in front of the stewards and a useless copper.

As a child, I read my uncle's Charles Buchan's Football Monthlys which covered the whole of the 60s. Reading through them, they covered all aspect of football including the growing numbers of young men who were acting as "hoodlums" or "hooligans". It was a new phenomena back then and hadn't yet morphed into the violent sects of the later 70s and 80s. The naivety with which some of the commentators sought to brush off this new kind of behaviour is there in black and white if you have copies of these magazines.

Right now, we're in the equivalent of that 1960s era. There is a growing new problem of young men taking cheap cocaine and causing problems at football games. It's there for everybody to see.

It's far easier to brush off the problem or turn a blind eye to it. It'll store up a much bigger problem in the future.
Not often I say this to one of Rowls’ posts but this is spot on.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro k90bfc

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:59 pm

Rightly or wrongly it’s been accepted for ages that away fans stand. Everyone did at Hull a few days before but obviously causes an issue at games like yesterday when maybe you get a lot of families who don’t usually travel and don’t know what to expect.

I actually thought there was a more civilised vibe than usual yesterday considering it was a later kick off and in Manchester.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:29 pm

All these moaning curmudgeons, yet again whingeing because on a crowd of 7500? one or 2 kids couldn’t see above the adults . When were these halcyon days where everyone got a perfect view at away matches ? the days of Major crowd violence ? the days of people p1ssing where they stood ? Of course nobody ever went on a match steaming , young and aggressive back in the day did they ? Perhaps the moaners have lost their memories ? or perhaps they’d be better at Legoland or shopping on match days ?
Personally thought it was very civilised, no beer chucking or obvious coked up loons .

cricketfield73
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by cricketfield73 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:30 pm

pauliopaulio wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 am

I was at Man City a few years back when this exact scenario was playing out and a young woman with a girl of about 7 or 8 politely asked one of the 4 or 5 20-odd year old blokes on the front row who had been standing for the first 10 minutes if he could sit down as her daughter couldn't see the game which was churlishly met with "**** OFF! I ALWAYS STAND UP. TELL HER TO STAND ON A ******* SEAT".
Off the top of my head I've seen similar incidents at Huddersfield, Watford, Arsenal and the final straw came at Leicester, where whilst sitting amongst this tense, aggressive and just generally horrid atmosphere enduring the usual excruciatingly foul chanting, I decided that after 30-odd years, my travelling days were over.
Just as an aside, I made an extremely rare Saturday evening trip into Burnley town centre a month or two back and on a couple of trips to the toilet I was absolutely gobsmacked to see just how prevalent the open use of cocaine was. I'm completely out of touch these days with 'young society', but if what I saw is actually a representative snapshot of what's going on, then we're heading down a very rocky road.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat k90bfc

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:33 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:29 pm
All these moaning curmudgeons, yet again whingeing because on a crowd of 7500? one or 2 kids couldn’t see above the adults . When were these halcyon days where everyone got a perfect view at away matches ? the days of Major crowd violence ? the days of people p1ssing where they stood ? Of course nobody ever went on a match steaming , young and aggressive back in the day did they ? Perhaps the moaners have lost their memories ? or perhaps they’d be better at Legoland or shopping on match days ?
Personally thought it was very civilised, no beer chucking or obvious coked up loons .
It does not detract from the good behaviour of the majority but It's there if you're prepared to see it. It's not curmudgeonly to point out a genuine problem.

Nobody is invoking mythical "halycon" days. That's a pure strawman argument. However, if you want to push the point, back in the days when you had a choice of seating or terracing you'd put children into the seating section knowing that you would not need to argue about standing because the groups of young men would all be on the terracing.

And what is the supposed logic of your argument - because people were badly behaved in the past, it is excusable to be badly behaved in the present?
These 2 users liked this post: k90bfc pureclaret

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:36 pm

When my lad was shorter, I always knew it was almost always standing at away games and as you don't get a choice of seat, ai just used to let him stand on his seat next to me so he could see and I could still support him if he got a bit carried away.

Unless you can pick your seats it's always going to be hard work.
This user liked this post: Rowls

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 pm

On a different point, we were sat outside a bar at 1.50pm and a group of young Burnley fans left led by one lad who projectile vomited in the doorway and continued to do so up the street. Another one in his group could barely stand. Their mates proceeded to kick traffic cones up the street. How can someone get into such a state before 2pm?

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:32 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 pm
On a different point, we were sat outside a bar at 1.50pm and a group of young Burnley fans left led by one lad who projectile vomited in the doorway and continued to do so up the street. Another one in his group could barely stand. Their mates proceeded to kick traffic cones up the street. How can someone get into such a state before 2pm?
Because they're idiots?

What surprises me even more is that these bellends are permitted to enter the stadium. Surely they'd still look and sound worse for wear when they approach the turnstiles.

Police and stewards need to be more hardline with these cretins.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:47 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:29 pm
I'm sorry but if you chose to stand without checking who is sat in the seat behind you, you're an inconsiderate asshole.
These 5 users liked this post: durhamclaret Bosscat k90bfc DCWat pureclaret

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:52 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:32 pm
Because they're idiots?

What surprises me even more is that these bellends are permitted to enter the stadium. Surely they'd still look and sound worse for wear when they approach the turnstiles.

Police and stewards need to be more hardline with these cretins.
Far from it you clearly have never felt sh1t vomited & pretty much straight afterwards you feel a different person all the poison you've just purged out you feel top of the world when 5 mins previously you was dying.

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by durhamclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:56 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:47 pm
I'm sorry but if you chose to stand without checking who is sat in the seat behind you, you're an inconsiderate asshole.
100% spot on

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:13 pm

ClaretSam92 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:06 pm
I was at the front of the upper tier yesterday and stood for the first half, as did everyone around me. Second half the people directly behind me chose to sit, so we did the same out of courtesy.

Unfortunately a ****** up bloke 3 rows back decided to topple over and wipe out people in the 3 rows infront of him including me. I ended up 2 rows down in a heap in the netting of the front row. No apology. Luckily it wasn't the child a few seats away.
This dick landed on my sister-in-law,injuring her neck and back, and scaring the living daylights out of my nephew's,aged 9 and 5,and ruining their eagerly anticipated first away game. He wasn't even kicked out,escorted back to his seat bleeding from a head wound.
Hope he's proud of his behaviour, and suffering badly from some deserved after effects from his injury.
Can't understand the apologists on here.
These 3 users liked this post: Rowls Bosscat k90bfc

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:21 pm

AmbleClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:13 pm
This dick landed on my sister-in-law,injuring her neck and back, and scaring the living daylights out of my nephew's,aged 9 and 5,and ruining their eagerly anticipated first away game. He wasn't even kicked out,escorted back to his seat bleeding from a head wound.
Hope he's proud of his behaviour, and suffering badly from some des doerved after effects from his injury.
Can't understand the apologists on here.
Unfortunately, too many of our so called fans believe that getting tanked up before the game is more important than the game itself.

Sad.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:23 pm

Not sure if it would be possible, but maybe when away tickets are allocated by teams, when the seat plan goes up a certain area could be shown as say “family area” say 6-10 rows where families could then select their seats in that area. It be quite a small amount but could prove helpful. Just thinkin on the fly.

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:24 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:33 pm
It does not detract from the good behaviour of the majority but It's there if you're prepared to see it. It's not curmudgeonly to point out a genuine problem.

Nobody is invoking mythical "halycon" days. That's a pure strawman argument. However, if you want to push the point, back in the days when you had a choice of seating or terracing you'd put children into the seating section knowing that you would not need to argue about standing because the groups of young men would all be on the terracing.

And what is the supposed logic of your argument - because people were badly behaved in the past, it is excusable to be badly behaved in the present?
The logic of the “argument “ is that “ that’s life “ and in such a huge away following fa cup QF, unfortunately there gonna be a handful of small kids that can’t see so well because of a standing adult(s) and twas forever thus . I’m 6”4 so usually apologise early doors or adjust my position a bit . Has anyone never had the dreaded match when you’re with a young kid and find yourself slap bang in “ knobhead central “? .

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:31 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:47 pm
Quite what relevance this has to the post I’ve no idea ?but my reply to Rowls message states my “ seating etiquette “ . I’ll choose ignore your abusive comments , but thanks all the same .

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:43 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:24 pm
The logic of the “argument “ is that “ that’s life “ and in such a huge away following fa cup QF, unfortunately there gonna be a handful of small kids that can’t see so well because of a standing adult(s) and twas forever thus . I’m 6”4 so usually apologise early doors or adjust my position a bit . Has anyone never had the dreaded match when you’re with a young kid and find yourself slap bang in “ knobhead central “? .
Sadly this seems to be a lot of away games in recent times (not just FA Cup QF`s look at Blackpool away etc) ... People too drunk/drugged up to stand, falling over on others and injuring themselves (or others) ...

I cannot see what pleasure anyone gains from this sort behaviour but if it floats their boat good luck to them all
These 2 users liked this post: k90bfc AlargeClaret

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:47 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:43 pm
Sadly this seems to be a lot of away games in recent times (not just FA Cup QF`s look at Blackpool away etc) ... People too drunk/drugged up to stand, falling over on others and injuring themselves (or others) ...

I cannot see what pleasure anyone gains from this sort behaviour but if it floats their boat good luck to them all
But we shouldn't be wishing them good luck, when their idiotic behaviour has an impact on people who just want to go to a football match and see their team play.

Something needs to be done about these pillocks, as the problem seems to be getting worse.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:56 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:47 pm
But we shouldn't be wishing them good luck, when their idiotic behaviour has an impact on people who just want to go to a football match and see their team play.

Something needs to be done about these pillocks, as the problem seems to be getting worse.
I didn`t actually mean I wish them good luck that sounds bad :(

Something definitely needs doing about them fidel :? but what ...

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:06 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:56 pm
I didn`t actually mean I wish them good luck that sounds bad :(

Something definitely needs doing about them fidel :? but what ...
It doesn't seem too long ago that anyone showing any signs of drunkenness was refused entry. That would be a start, as I find it staggering that some folk are allowed in when they can barely stand.

The relatively new problem of the Colombian marching powder brigade, could be nipped in the bud by having sniffer dogs at the turnstiles, but this may come down to police resources etc.

As for people standing at the front. That's just humans being selfish and needs to be self policed.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:27 pm

If your behaviour impacts negatively on those sat around you, then you're a bellend. That's all there is to it. No ifs or buts.
This user liked this post: pureclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:38 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:31 pm
Quite what relevance this has to the post I’ve no idea ?but my reply to Rowls message states my “ seating etiquette “ . I’ll choose ignore your abusive comments , but thanks all the same .
Sorry my post wasn't meant directly for you, the abusive comments were not aimed at you, apologies for the confusion.
These 2 users liked this post: AlargeClaret Bosscat