Soccer AM finally cancelled

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Re: Soccer AM finally cancelled

Post by Spiral » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:03 pm

Without providing any further context your initial post can only be viewed as a celebration or approval of the bit. Your employment matters in this for the reasons I've stated, namely the current cultural climate surrounding the Met. Defensive stubbornness, in the police? Quelle surprise.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:15 pm

Spiral wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:03 pm
Without providing any further context your initial post can only be viewed as a celebration or approval of the bit. Your employment matters in this for the reasons I've stated, namely the current cultural climate surrounding the Met. Defensive stubbornness, in the police? Quelle surprise.
‘Defensive stubbornness, in the Police? Quelle surprise’

Again, my employment has nothing to do with it. You’ve decided it has, because you’ve decided to pick an argument for no reason.

But seeing as you brought up my employment, and my apparent stubbornness, I actually read the Baroness Casey review today. It was excellent, and long, long overdue.

Change is coming, and it can’t come soon enough.

Hope this helps.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:41 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:44 am
Is that Nicholas Hoult from X-Men etc fame on the left? You had good guests that day!
The five guests that day were:

Steve McManaman
Nicholas Hoult
Joe Dempsie
Akon
Sway
This user liked this post: jedi_master

Cheshireclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Cheshireclaret » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:59 am

In my view, Soccer AM over recent years has become more and more like a show for people who love football but never actually attend games - the armchair fans. On the odd occasion I have happened upon it on a Saturday morning, it always has the feel of being invited to the pub to watch a group of strangers who are all close mates, laugh hysterically at their own jokes, reference 'in-jokes' that you have no understanding of but which they find hilarious all delivered by some extremely irritating people who love the sound of their own voices, with Jimmy Bullard attending as a celebrity pal who they all sycophantically pander to.

Disclaimer : in my Uni days and into my early 20's (late 90's / early 00's) I used to love the show. Now I'm a 45-year old father of 2 and just a miserable old sod, so I am fully accepting of the fact that I am neither their target demographic, nor likely to understand their 'in-jokes' so it's probably me that's changed, rather than the show as much as anything! My 12-year old lad still finds some of it amusing, which probably explains it!!!!

helmclaret
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by helmclaret » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:02 am

Well I’m not an armchair fan and enjoyed it yesterday. Gaz Coombes is one of the best British singer/songwriters of the last 30 years and opened the show. The current format is good and it’s a shame it’s going.

I’m 40 by the way and have watched it in all its formats.
This user liked this post: Big Vinny K

Socrates
Been Liked: 912 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Socrates » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:34 am

Absolutely love opening the second page on this and seeing comments about the Met and the Casey Review in a Soccer AM thread.

Because I’ve not read the first page I’ve no idea how we’ve got from Tubes to Baroness Casey in less than fifty posts. And to be honest, I’m happier not knowing.

Genuinely mental this forum.
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies Cooclaret

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:03 am

Socrates wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:34 am
Absolutely love opening the second page on this and seeing comments about the Met and the Casey Review in a Soccer AM thread.

Because I’ve not read the first page I’ve no idea how we’ve got from Tubes to Baroness Casey in less than fifty posts. And to be honest, I’m happier not knowing.

This is the problem with the French currently, they don’t have a football forum to voice their underlying grievances on random threads. So they have no other option but to take to the streets and throw bricks at police officers.

Give them their own ‘Bee Hole End’ and there would be serenity across the nation.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:57 pm

Socrates wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:34 am

Would be shite if it were not so discursive. And to be fair it was about five posts involving two people, not fifty involving all.