Idiot punched and knocked down lad after match

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Idiot punched and knocked down lad after match

Post by IanMcL » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:59 am

Not seen anything. I was leaving after the match from Longside Upper. Outside, a big lad was saying come on then. To others. 2 stewards trying to calm him. As I passed by, he stepped forward and with one punch, knocked over another lad. He then said, come then. I am on my own. I'll take on all four of you. I never heard the others say anything.

The lad that got flattened, would have banged his head, badly, on the ground, had he not fell and hit his head on my shin. Ouch from my end. It is where my leg break is set 'overlapping', and the bone and scar tissue remain tender. I can report, currently very tender!

How can such an oaf want to brain others, after such a match and such a joulyous time? Hope he was arrested.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Re: Idiot punched and knocked down lad after match

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:11 am

dickheads everywhere sadly, seems some can't handle being a person

Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Robbie_painter » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:11 am

Read it 4 times now and still have no idea what went on.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:17 am

Somebody punched somebody to the ground (coked up at a guess) with a group of lads (mates of the lad who got decked) not offering any provocation or reason for the aggressor to throw a punch, & the OP was lucky he didn't get punched but suffered an injury with victims head clashing on his shin.

morpheus2
Been Liked: 762 times
Has Liked: 1855 times

Post by morpheus2 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:18 am

Some guy punched another guy at a football match and Ian has a bad shin bone.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 am

The lad who threw the punch had an on going argument most of the 2nd half. He'd asked one of the 4 lads to watch their language, (now I don't know, but I doubt it was for swearing, so I'm presuming he was being racist only because nobody complains about swearing).
The lads all gave him verbals back and the stewards were called. No action was taken, but they did ask the complainant if he wanted too.
There was lots of chest thumping going on, the big I am.
About 10 mins to go, one of the 4 lads went down the steps, then turned round egging the lad who complained to join him in the concourse, he didn’t follow.
Outside the ground the lad must have been waiting for him, and the complainant dropped him.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1774 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:04 am

Robbie_painter wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:11 am
Read it 4 times now and still have no idea what went on.
It's like it's written by AI

Accrington claret
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 155 times

Post by Accrington claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:32 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 am
The lad who threw the punch had an on going argument most of the 2nd half. He'd asked one of the 4 lads to watch their language, (now I don't know, but I doubt it was for swearing, so I'm presuming he was being racist only because nobody complains about swearing).
The lads all gave him verbals back and the stewards were called. No action was taken, but they did ask the complainant if he wanted too.
About 10 mins to go, one of the 4 lads went down the steps, then turned round egging the lad who complained to join him in the concourse, he didn’t follow.
Outside the ground the lad must have been waiting for him, and the complainant dropped him.
Yep that's exactly what i seen. Me and a few others were asking them to leave it out as we're all clarets
then there was a punch which ended the argument

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:39 am

Only saw the outside bit as I was watching the game and particularly us go 2 up. But as colburn claret says the one who got dropped was waiting outside after the game goading the bloke into a fight and trying to get at him. Other supporters tried to prevent it but eventually the lad on his own said let him at me then if he wants it. He then put him on his backside.
This user liked this post: Accrington claret

eastcoastclaret
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by eastcoastclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:03 am

One incident from two perspectives, makes you think doesn't it.

bpgburn
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by bpgburn » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:15 am

Sounded to me like the lad was asking for it and got it..
These 3 users liked this post: theonlywayisup Tw@ welsbyswife

Mrpotatohead
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Mrpotatohead » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:34 am

bpgburn wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:15 am
Sounded to me like the lad was asking for it and got it..
This IMO. He'd been swearing relentlessly for an hour and having a go at other fans in the area for not being as vocal as he was. The chap turned around and told him everyone is a Burnley fan and to turn it down a bit but was met with the 'what are you going to do about it' attitude.

It all seemed to blow over but if the mouthy lad has left, waited for him and then been smacked, he won't be getting much sympathy from me.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:34 am

Grown 'men' acting like juvenile delinquents, but at least it sounds like a bit of poetic justice was involved.

turbo5
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Post by turbo5 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:42 am

I witnessed the outside incident, It was after the game close to the fenced off area around the TV wagons next to the JH exit nearest to the cricket field stand . (At first I thought it was a Sheff Utd fan confronting someone who had been offering him out over the barrier ) I remember the lad who hit the other saying I am on my own there were 4 of you goading me. Then a bit of pushing each other around with a steward and few others trying to prevent it from kicking off,I remember an older guy stood between them and I was thinking he is brave, he is going to get thumped.
The guy who threw the punch was shouting come on hit me . Unsure if the other person tried but it was a few seconds later he punched him once and he fell backwards to the ground, his fall was cushioned by the crowd around him.
I didn't know the back story until reading the post on here, The guy who punched the other was clearly irate he could have walked away but after reading the back story I can see why he did it.
Not taking any sides don't know either of them, just found it strange fighting amongst ourselves when it should have been such a happy occasion
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3877 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 am
He was definitely complaining about the 4 lads swearing and offered all 4 lads out who were standing on the back row.
You would have hoped they had all calmed down by the end.

Their seemed a serious incident outside the church on Yorkshire St when we walked past. Police were looking after someone on the floor. Hope they are OK.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:19 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am
He was definitely complaining about the 4 lads swearing and offered all 4 lads out who were standing on the back row.
You would have hoped they had all calmed down by the end.

Their seemed a serious incident outside the church on Yorkshire St when we walked past. Police were looking after someone on the floor. Hope they are OK.
It looked like a young female, not sure of age as her face was to the floor, but I don't think it was anything to do with the football.

Stproc
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 312 times

Post by Stproc » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:27 am

If it was his it’s been described, it serves him right.
There was a complete tool in the JMU at the previous home game. About 14 years old and goading those around him - judging by his demeanour & blank expression he’d taken something he couldn’t handle. Anyway, he didn’t even see kick off before he was ejected.

Carport
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Carport » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:28 am

I saw the young girl thumped twice in the face by a big strapping lad in the mini market putting her on the floor in a despicable act. Before she fell to the ground on the pavement outside she was swaying around as if under the influence of something. I’ve no idea what led to the lad thumping her. I was sickened by what I saw and crossed the road to two police officers to report it.
These 2 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret IanMcL

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:35 am

Got to be brain dead scrapping around a footy club in 2023.

For a start there’s what 20,000 + people coming off a game so bound to be 100s of witnesses, CCTV absolutely everywhere and to make matters even worse just a few weeks back we had the tragic incident of the Blackpool fan losing his life from fighting, with a Burnley fan looking at a custodial sentence…

Think about it
These 6 users liked this post: Stproc Colburn_Claret Lancasterclaret Vegas Claret bfcjg IanMcL

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3877 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:18 pm

Carport wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:28 am
I saw the young girl thumped twice in the face by a big strapping lad in the mini market putting her on the floor in a despicable act. Before she fell to the ground on the pavement outside she was swaying around as if under the influence of something. I’ve no idea what led to the lad thumping her. I was sickened by what I saw and crossed the road to two police officers to report it.
That would make sense then as two older ladies were talking to police outside the mini market about it and the police officer mentioned having CCTV of the incident.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:36 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:35 am
Got to be brain dead scrapping around a footy club in 2023.

For a start there’s what 20,000 + people coming off a game so bound to be 100s of witnesses, CCTV absolutely everywhere and to make matters even worse just a few weeks back we had the tragic incident of the Blackpool fan losing his life from fighting, with a Burnley fan looking at a custodial sentence…

Think about it
Without going into specifics and after seeing the video of the Blackpool fan who sadly died, I doubt the Burnley lad will get a custodial sentence. You are correct though when you say think about it. One punch can kill.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:02 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:36 pm
You are correct though when you say think about it. One punch can kill.
The lad who was flattened by the one punch went down like a brick and would definitely banged his head on yhe asphalt, had he not bounced off my leg. Who knows what would been the outcome for both of them, then?

Croydon Claret
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by Croydon Claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:10 pm

Some people think that they acquire hero status for downing somebody in one punch.

But for Ian's crumbling shins somebody could be facing some very serious charges, another one dead or badly injured.

Why is it so hard to just ignore provocation, walk away or just avoid these situations completely?
These 2 users liked this post: IanMcL NickBFC

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:39 pm

Croydon Claret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:10 pm
Some people think that they acquire hero status for downing somebody in one punch.

But for Ian's crumbling shins somebody could be facing some very serious charges, another one dead or badly injured.

Why is it so hard to just ignore provocation, walk away or just avoid these situations completely?
It takes 2 to make a war, it only takes 1 to make a fight.
From what I could see the lad who dropped him had tried to let it go, it was the lad who caused the bother who got thumped.
In an ideal world we all walk away, sadly the real world is inhabited by idiots.
These 2 users liked this post: elwaclaret Tricky Trevor

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:44 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:39 pm
From what I could see the lad who dropped him had tried to let it go, it was the lad who caused the bother who got thumped.
In an ideal world we all walk away, sadly the real world is inhabited by idiots.
Adolf Hitler was 1 person.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:46 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
But realistically in probably 99.9% of instances you can walk away- it’s only when cornered or attacked unproved that you actually need to defend yourself.

It takes a man to fight yeah, it takes an even bigger man to walk away.

I think some folk watch a few boxing matches or see fighting in movies where it’s glamourised and it totally distorts their view of what fighting actually is.

It’s brutal and can have dire consequences - you can only get a real insight on proper fighting if you get in and amongst some proper sparring at a top gym.

Of course anyone that actually fights or spars at a decent level has the same opinion bar a few wrong uns but it is absolutely a last resort…

- if you really do have a beef with someone and only way to squash it is through fighting then you should do it in a gym, in a controlled environment with a waiver signed - plenty of places would let you in to do that
Last edited by CoolClaret on Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: Croydon Claret Fenwick

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18289 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:47 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Going back 54 yrs at Settle High School we were 1st Formers and a few 3rd Formers were throwing their weight around ... One 3rd Form lad was forever having a right pop at a lad in our group of mates and pointing at his chin and saying "go on hit me" the lad kept saying "no I won't" then one day he (3rd Former) grabbed the lad (1st Former) and said "if you don't hit me I will knock you out" at this point the 1st Former round-housed him and sat him on his @rse bawling his eyes out and blood pouring from his nose ... all the 3rd Formers mates were laughing at him ... Needless to say they stopped picking on our group again
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Croydon Claret
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by Croydon Claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:59 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Agree that there are too many hotheads around.

And for this reason if it was me in the punch throwers position I wouldn't have said anything in the first place. That's only ever going to create tension.

If I had said something, and the situation started getting lairy, I'd have backed down and sought to de-escalate.

And if that still wasn't working then I'd have either left or sought a circuitous exit. It's not about being soft, it's being smart.

If you choose to stick your head above the parapet then don't be surprised if arrows come finding you.

Cheshireclaret
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Cheshireclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:21 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:47 pm
Going back 54 yrs at Settle High School we were 1st Formers and a few 3rd Formers were throwing their weight around ... One 3rd Form lad was forever having a right pop at a lad in our group of mates and pointing at his chin and saying "go on hit me" the lad kept saying "no I won't" then one day he (3rd Former) grabbed the lad (1st Former) and said "if you don't hit me I will knock you out" at this point the 1st Former round-housed him and sat him on his @rse bawling his eyes out and blood pouring from his nose ... all the 3rd Formers mates were laughing at him ... Needless to say they stopped picking on our group again
Did you go to school with Biff Tannen and Marty McFly? :D
These 2 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor welsbyswife

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:47 pm
Quick scissor kick t'temple, goodnight my friend.

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 507 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by what_no_pies » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:38 pm

We've got our fair share of idiots.

Lad a few weeks ago gave me a gob full. If I was that way inclined we'd have had a serious problem because what he said was totally unacceptable. I'd simply emplored him to be patient with our passing game as it had got us to the top of the league.

I let that slide but it's not always easy.

Wasn't that long ago I told somebody to wind his neck in when he shouted racist abuse out. The first tike he checked himself. The second time he let rip with his prejudice and I had to stand up to it. Not a soul around us in an away crowd backed me up. Fortunately he didn't repeat his filthy trick.

Last season I asked aomebody trying to go back in the ground to stop abusing a steward when he was refused re-entry to the ground. "There's no need for that, the bloke is only doing his job" That moron shadowed me me all the way up Harry Potts Way and it had potrmtial to become nasty.

Comment above saying we should ignore this sort of thing is miles off for me. Together we're heavy and if the majority call them out the morons will crawl back into their shells. Takes more than the odd suporter standing up though so i'd emplore others to stand with them.
These 4 users liked this post: CoolClaret Colburn_Claret IanMcL theonlywayisup

what_no_pies

Post by what_no_pies » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:43 pm

If the majority suffer this kind of behaviour in silence then the idiots have won.
These 2 users liked this post: CoolClaret Tricky Trevor

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:43 pm

what_no_pies wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:38 pm

Lad a few weeks ago gave me a gob full. If I was that way inclined we'd have had a serious problem because what he said was totally unacceptable. I'd simply emplored him to be patient with our passing game as it had got us to the top of the league.

Wasn't that long ago I told somebody to wind his neck in when he shouted racist abuse out. The first tike he checked himself. The second time he let rip with his prejudice and I had to stand up to it. Not a soul around us in an away crowd backed me up. Fortunately he didn't repeat his filthy trick.

Last season I asked aomebody trying to go back in the ground to stop abusing a steward when he was refused re-entry to the ground. "There's no need for that, the bloke is only doing his job" That moron shadowed me me all the way up Harry Potts Way and it had potrmtial to become nasty.

Comment above saying we should ignore this sort of thing is miles off for me. Together we're heavy and if the majority call them out the morons will crawl back into their shells. Takes more than the odd suporter standing up though so i'd emplore others to stand with them.
Totally.

If you see someone acting a pillock dishing out abuse and you stand there and do nothing about it then you're in a way complicit.

No one is perfect and we all have our flaws but we should all do our best to try and eradicate pondlife behaviour at all times.

what_no_pies

Post by what_no_pies » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:46 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:43 pm
Totally.

If you see someone acting a pillock dishing out abuse and you stand there and do nothing about it then you're in a way complicit.

No one is perfect and we all have our flaws but we should all do our best to try and eradicate pondlife behaviour at all times.
Couldn't agree more. I failed to say something once and it niggled at me for ages. I fully appreciate not everyone is gonna be a hero and there are still times ill keep my own head down (I know my own limits and caoabilities) but if I saw somebody challenge poor behaviour and getting abused i'd like to think i'd always side with reason and make up the numbers. Esoecially amidst a crowd of predominantly reasonable and like minded folk.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:50 pm

Croydon Claret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:59 pm
Agree that there are too many hotheads around.

And for this reason if it was me in the punch throwers position I wouldn't have said anything in the first place. That's only ever going to create tension.

If I had said something, and the situation started getting lairy, I'd have backed down and sought to de-escalate.

And if that still wasn't working then I'd have either left or sought a circuitous exit. It's not about being soft, it's being smart.

If you choose to stick your head above the parapet then don't be surprised if arrows come finding you.
I understand the point of view, but have you never heard the expression evil can only exist when good men do nothing.
The man was just asking them to keep their language down. It's not a lot to ask. Some are making out that I am applauding his actions, I wasn't, I was just defending him.
He was probably voicing what many people around him felt, but were too intimidated to say. Should he be threatened because of that, its a sad world we live in if he should have to back down to these lads.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:55 pm

Just film the pillock and send it to the cops or the stadium security team

As has already been said, someone has died this year because he got involved in a fight and that shouldn't be happening to anyone

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:15 pm

what_no_pies wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:38 pm

Mate, I applaud your efforts here.

It’s not easy calling people out, and facing the potential repercussions and I absolutely understand why people don’t do it.

But also, the vast majority of loud mouth bully boys who spout abuse are cowards when someone stands up to them. I see it pretty much everyday in work. Football, and society on the whole, needs the majority of good people out there to stand up to them.

I’ve called out 2/3 people over the years for being racist. One was away at Leicester under Howe and hundreds of fans, plus stewards, must have heard it, but no-one moved or appeared to bat an eyelid. I told a couple of coppers on the way out, and I found out later the racist scumbag had been nicked.

If you don’t want to call people out then and there, then at the very least report it needs to be reported at the earliest opportunity.
These 3 users liked this post: IanMcL Stalbansclaret Croydon Claret

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:58 am

Task of the match. Report the racists and abusers!

Let's do it.
These 2 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret Duffer_