Our Team if the Boo Boys picked it...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Re: Our Team if the Boo Boys picked it...

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:28 pm

GetIntoEm wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:24 pm
no Twine? best player outside the prem! ;) ;) ;) :roll:
Maybe Twine in for Brownhill despite only kicking the ball once at Huddersfield away and not playing until what, late Jan this year?

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:31 pm

Neil wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:13 pm

I honestly believe there isn't a person on here that doesn't want the very best for Burnley and people are perfectly entitled to post their thoughts on our players.
It doesn't make them haters or boo boys.
Do you think Nick Pope would be as effective & instrumental as Muric has been for us this season?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:31 pm

GetIntoEm wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:24 pm
no Twine? best player outside the prem! ;) ;) ;) :roll:
I fully expected Twine to star for us, Oh! well can't be right with all my hunches.

Equally I was one of those slating Barnes pre Rovers, and TBF he was poor at the start of the season, however credit to him he's been transformed ever since.

Constructive criticism should certainly be encouraged, and even with us flying at the top of the league Kompany will be the first to say we can always improve aspects of our play.

Neil
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:34 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:31 pm
Do you think Nick Pope would be as effective & instrumental as Muric has been for us this season?
We haven't needed a Nick Pope this season but we will next.
Which if the two would you would have have as our number one in the prem?
This user liked this post: Nori1958

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:36 pm

Neil wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:34 pm
Tell me you don’t understand football without actually telling me you don’t understand football
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:36 pm

Neil wrote:
Muric is one of the big reasons that we ‘haven’t needed a Nick Pope’

I think if we continue to play like we have been doing and want to build play out from the back then Muric!

He’s also six years younger than Pope and improving all the time.

It’s just a very different way to keep goal and I think we will be just fine playing our way.

Neil

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:38 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:36 pm
Tell me you don’t understand football without actually telling me you don’t understand football
Moronic reply.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2574 times
Has Liked: 771 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:40 pm

Hugely disappointing and unnecessary thread that has not surprisingly created some more arguments. Just what this board needs. Well done.

Neil

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:41 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Muric is one of the big reasons that we ‘haven’t needed a Nick Pope’

I think if we continue to play like we have been doing and want to build play out from the back then Muric!

He’s also six years younger than Pope and improving all the time.

It’s just a very different way to keep goal and I think we will be just fine playing our way.

I respect your standpoint and I guess we'll see.
My point is that he'll have a lot more shots to save next season and we'll be much more pressured at the back and will be forced to just punt it forward a lot more.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:43 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:40 pm
Hugely disappointing and unnecessary thread that has not surprisingly created some more arguments. Just what this board needs. Well done.
Thanks.

Hope you’re not one of them throwing their toys out of the pram when we aren’t 14 points clear at the top of the Prem and lose the odd game

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2574 times
Has Liked: 771 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:44 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:43 pm
Thanks.

Hope you’re not one of them throwing their toys out of the pram when we aren’t 14 points clear at the top of the Prem and lose the odd game
I’ve been very supportive of almost everything we’ve done this season and will continue to be so next season.

Very poor thread - fishing for arguments.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:46 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:44 pm
I’ve been very supportive of almost everything we’ve done this season and will continue to be so next season.

Very poor thread - fishing for arguments.
Good, just highlighting those that are the opposite of that and having a bit of a laugh at them

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:47 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Or he just doesn't agree with your opinion.....it happens

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:54 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:47 pm
Or he just doesn't agree with your opinion.....it happens
Absolutely nothing to do with agreeing with my opinion. Just basic football knowledge.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:54 pm
Absolutely nothing to do with agreeing with my opinion. Just basic football knowledge.
In your opinion :lol: :lol:
I normally agree with your views 95% of the time, but you have got your blinkers on with regard to muric and others views of him....

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:02 pm

RVclaret wrote:
How is Neil’s opinion a lack of football knowledge? I would personally say that claiming Muric is a better goalkeeper than Pope is displaying a greater lack of football knowledge than anything Neil has said.

This arrogance to suggest that people don’t see what Muric contributes to the team is cringeworthy. I’m sure everybody can see what his strengths are and how important they’ve been to the season we’ve had. It’s also possible for people to hold that opinion whilst at the same time having the belief that next season will be an entirely different challenge and one which may require a slight change of approach and different skill-sets in different positions.

Muric may be fine next season, he may not be - having one view over the other does not mean the person holding the other opinion has a lack of football knowledge. It’s the kind of thing I could imagine seeing on a childish Ronaldo v Messi fanboy squabble on Twitter.
These 3 users liked this post: Nori1958 Neil tiger76

Neil

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:08 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Here's some basic football knowledge. Man City, Liverpool, United etc etc are not going to sit back and watch Beyer pass it to THB then over to Roberts, back to Muric, over to Maatsen for two minutes at a time like Reading, Millwall and Swansea.
They're going to be all over us and it's a lot harder to beat the press as shown in the City cup game.
There'll be lots of times we'll just have to punt it up the wing or down the middle under pressure.
We wont have 70% possession on a regular basis and we'll be facing a lot more defending.
That's when you find you need a top class keeper.
Now Nick Pope has probably won Newcastle ten points this season when pulling out several top draw saves in tight games they have gone on and won one nil or held out for a draw.
I don't hate Muric, I don't think he's awful but I also don't think he's reliable in decision making and he's nowhere near Pope as a shot stopper.

Does any of that make sense to you or will you just dismiss it as I don't understand football?

Such an easy thing to say without adding to the debate.

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:12 pm

Anyone who considers their opinion fact is a fool. Maatsen has been generally good but very average on occasion recently. Muric has been like an extra outfield player and has been a critical cog for it, but has looked very dodgy at times and will definitely be tested next year if he plays (with and without his feet). Foster hasn't played well but hasn't shown much potential yet either and could prove to be a bad signing, Barnes would toil in the prem and its right he should go. Hope they all flourish, but pointing out some pretty obvious flaws is fair enough even after a brilliant season. Pretty sure VK is more than aware and will be looking at options. Does that make him a boo boy?
This user liked this post: tiger76

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:17 pm

Neil wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:08 pm
Here's some basic football knowledge. Man City, Liverpool, United etc etc are not going to sit back and watch Beyer pass it to THB then over to Roberts, back to Muric, over to Maatsen for two minutes at a time like Reading, Millwall and Swansea.
They're going to be all over us and it's a lot harder to beat the press as shown in the City cup game.
There'll be lots of times we'll just have to punt it up the wing or down the middle under pressure.
We wont have 70% possession on a regular basis and we'll be facing a lot more defending.
Now Nick Pope has probably won Newcastle ten points this season when pulling out several top draw saves in tight games they have gone on and won one nil or held out for a draw.
I don't hate Muric, I don't think he's awful but I also don't think he's reliable in decision making and he's nowhere near Pope as a shot stopper.

Does any of that make sense to you or will you just dismiss it as I don't understand football?

It’s not as though we routinely made our way through the top 6 is it? Especially City Christ.

Has Muric equally won us points this season with some terrific saves as well as threading ridiculous balls through? I’d say so…

I understand what you’re saying but could you imagine the rage on here if Muric made a cock up like Pope did against Liverpool? He’d be getting absolute pelters

Also for what it’s worth I don’t think the bottom sort of 8 teams of the Prem are that much better than the top three or four of the Championship.

Fulham have just gone up, made a few key signings and are looking as good as any outside of the top 6 or so- and by all accounts we’re a better side than they were last season

quote=Stanbill05 post_id=2069948 time=1681222330 user_id=6544]
Anyone who considers their opinion fact is a fool.

Pretty sure VK is more than aware and will be looking at options. Does that make him a boo boy?
[/quote]

Agreed.

VK also didn’t drop Muric and Maatsen after a few early season hiccups - and thank god he didn’t!

Neil

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:27 pm

We've both given our opinions Cool Claret and like I said earlier, I respect your standpoint.
Mine is different to yours which doesn't mean neither of us don't understand football and.it doesn't mean one of us is right and the other is wrong.
I just don't like the way people are ridiculed on here when they give a slightly different, honest opinion.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:34 pm

Neil wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:27 pm
We've both given our opinions Cool Claret and like I said earlier, I respect your standpoint.
Mine is different to yours which doesn't mean neither of us don't understand football and.it doesn't mean one of us is right and the other is wrong.
I just don't like the way people are ridiculed on here when they give a slightly different, honest opinion.
That’s fair and I don’t mind differing opinions as long as the logic and reasoning behind it is thought out, even if I disagree with it.

It’s when the plonkers come on writing new signings off after a handful of games, or calling a player a clown because they don’t understand what he’s trying to achieve.

To me it’s absolutely staggering that, after a humongous squad overhaul, massive incomings & outgoings of key players, sat 14 points clear with 6 games to to, lost twice all season and in with a shot of breaking Reading’s points total that posters can still think that some of our players aren’t good enough.

I mean just look at the average point ratings given for our side this season, when last calculated going off then we’d be a mid table side! What more does it take to convince people?!

brexit
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:41 pm

Not one player in our team is of PL standard for the simple reason they are not playing in the PL. Tella is obviously not PL standard, if he were, he would be in Southampton's PL squad.
But the OP misses the point. It's not about individual players, it's about the team .IMHO Charile Taylor is a better left back than Maatsen but Maasten gives the team an attacking option. VK has created a team that wins matches using relatively unknown players and, as a bonus, plays exciting football.
Under Dyche we never had a team of PL quality players, but we had a team who worked together with tactics that allowed us to stand toe to toe with most of the teams in the PL.
Of the players from last season who went to premiership teams, only Nick Pope has proved himself, Tarks, Dwight and Ben are all in teams that are facing relegation and Maxwell C - fragile.
There were flashes of potential from both Bastien and Foster last night. Trust in VK he will have a plan.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:44 pm

Neil wrote:

Muric is key to the way we play. We haven't needed a Nick Pope this season because we've had Aro Muric.

You mention the City cup game, we actually played through the press on a number of occasions, but interestingly this game, with BPF starting, also showed just how important a top class ball playing keeper is for us, as he needlessly gave the ball straight back to them and invited pressure.

I don't think you need a top class keeper, you need a decent one yeah, but one that fits what you want to do. Brighton right now have Luke Steele in net, he was awful at Sunderland and Rovers in the Championship! Yet De Zerbi commented last week that he's one of the best keepers in Europe at the moment because of how he sees and plays passes!

Neil

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:46 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:34 pm
That’s fair and I don’t mind differing opinions as long as the logic and reasoning behind it is thought out, even if I disagree with it.

It’s when the plonkers come on writing new signings off after a handful of games, or calling a player a clown because they don’t understand what he’s trying to achieve.

To me it’s absolutely staggering that, after a humongous squad overhaul, massive incomings & outgoings of key players, sat 14 points clear with 6 games to to, lost twice all season and in with a shot of breaking Reading’s points total that posters can still think that some of our players aren’t good enough.

I mean just look at the average point ratings given for our side this season, when last calculated going off then we’d be a mid table side! What more does it take to convince people?!

It's been an unbelievable achievement to mold a promotion winning team, yet alone one of the best sides in the history of the division, in such a short time with a huge overhaul of players. Probably unprecedented.

Kompany is rightly being given a great deal of plaudits for what he's achieved.

I'm very much against dismissing any new signings after a few games and Kompany has more than earned the right to our trust in his methods and signings.

You will always get fans that demand more and I'm probably guilty of that to a small degree but there's nothing wrong in pursuing perfection haha.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:50 pm

brexit wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:41 pm
Not one player in our team is of PL standard for the simple reason they are not playing in the PL. Tella is obviously not PL standard, if he were, he would be in Southampton's PL squad.
But the OP misses the point. It's not about individual players, it's about the team .IMHO Charile Taylor is a better left back than Maatsen but Maasten gives the team an attacking option. VK has created a team that wins matches using relatively unknown players and, as a bonus, plays exciting football.
Under Dyche we never had a team of PL quality players, but we had a team who worked together with tactics that allowed us to stand toe to toe with most of the teams in the PL.
Of the players from last season who went to premiership teams, only Nick Pope has proved himself, Tarks, Dwight and Ben are all in teams that are facing relegation and Maxwell C - fragile.
There were flashes of potential from both Bastien and Foster last night. Trust in VK he will have a plan.
Your opening point makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever, as though things are that simple.

Ian Wright was non league till he was 21, did that make him non-league standard, or one that slipped through the cracks?

Of course it’s about the team and the players that make up the team, utilising their strengths/minimising their weaknesses to try and win a game - that’s what the manager does.

We’re on pace to be one of the best championship teams in history, with a very young squad - that would argue that the team and players are ‘better’ than the boo-boys’ alternatives.

For reference, when Chaz was Maatsen’s age he was in the middle of/finishing up a loan period at Fleetwood Town.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:11 pm

Neil wrote:

Thankfully our season won’t be defined by the games against those super powers.

Until recently plenty of people have been advocating that BPF should start. Steve1956 was essentially saying Muric was hopeless.

I think not picking Muric against City was one of the few things I think VK has got wrong this year.

It will be interesting to see if Newcastle evolve beyond Nick Pope and look for a ball playing keeper as they themselves develop as a team.

The other thing to consider is that I think Muric is as good as any keeper barring maybe an odd one with his feet so finding someone better is going to be tough.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:10 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:17 pm
You’re more than welcome Jakub to find any old posts/predictions of your own that were accurate and have come true but I sadly think that you’ll be looking till the end of time
If you want to believe in nearly 8k posts that I haven't been right about 1 single thing crack on.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:19 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:50 pm
Your opening point makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever, as though things are that simple.

Ian Wright was non league till he was 21, did that make him non-league standard, or one that slipped through the cracks?

Of course it’s about the team and the players that make up the team, utilising their strengths/minimising their weaknesses to try and win a game - that’s what the manager does.

We’re on pace to be one of the best championship teams in history, with a very young squad - that would argue that the team and players are ‘better’ than the boo-boys’ alternatives.

For reference, when Chaz was Maatsen’s age he was in the middle of/finishing up a loan period at Fleetwood Town.
Ian Wright's untapped potential was spotted that he could make the grade it was raw & probably something that needed working on, mark bright & John salako & Steve coppell were instrumental in helping Ian wright to become the player that he was, for certain players to flourish good players are needed to accompany that to facilitate that process.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1079 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:30 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:21 pm
Here’s one of said boo boys takes earlier in the season
But I was right, because we sorted out the defence and the rest is history, so what's your point clown
Last edited by AGENT_CLARET on Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:32 pm

CoolClaret you meed to chance your name to Toolclaret

I await your fantastic rebuttal

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:37 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:32 pm
CoolClaret you meed to chance your name to Toolclaret

I await your fantastic rebuttal
You just need to stop posting.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:56 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:17 pm
You’re more than welcome Jakub to find any old posts/predictions of your own that were accurate and have come true but I sadly think that you’ll be looking till the end of time
After 1 unnamed poster on here was singing NJs praises at Southampton saying his management skills were the best thing since sliced bread, I said he'd be on his arse very soon as the guy didn't have a clue what he was doing & lo & behold.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:57 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:56 pm
After 1 unnamed poster on here was singing NJs praises at Southampton saying his management skills were the best thing since sliced bread, I said he'd be on his arse very soon as the guy didn't have a clue what he was doing & lo & behold.
Well in Jakub, pour yourself a well-earned pint 🍺

Carwin261
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Carwin261 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:19 pm

Stanbill05 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:12 pm
Anyone who considers their opinion fact is a fool. Maatsen has been generally good but very average on occasion recently. Muric has been like an extra outfield player and has been a critical cog for it, but has looked very dodgy at times and will definitely be tested next year if he plays (with and without his feet). Foster hasn't played well but hasn't shown much potential yet either and could prove to be a bad signing, Barnes would toil in the prem and its right he should go. Hope they all flourish, but pointing out some pretty obvious flaws is fair enough even after a brilliant season. Pretty sure VK is more than aware and will be looking at options. Does that make him a boo boy?
I thought Muric played some decent long balls when he was closed down last night ,the top few in the Prem might close us down better than most of the championship teams ,but the likes of Man U don’t seem to have a clue at closing teams down,and they pass the ball about at the back just for the sake of it ,the likes of Maguire hasn’t a scoops doo with the ball at his feet.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:21 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:57 pm
Well in Jakub, pour yourself a well-earned pint 🍺
No satisfaction or glee more a recognisation or trying to get some people to understand nobody is 100% right or wrong on this forum or anywhere on this world.

Carwin261
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Carwin261 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:21 pm

Carwin261 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:19 pm
I thought Muric played some decent long balls when he was closed down last night ,the top few in the Prem might close us down better than most of the championship teams ,but the likes of Man U don’t seem to have a clue at closing teams down,and they pass the ball about at the back just for the sake of it ,the likes of Maguire hasn’t a scoops doo with the ball at his feet.
Sorry ,that was a reply to Neil

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:36 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:37 pm
You just need to stop posting.
Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:41 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:21 pm
No satisfaction or glee more a recognisation or trying to get some people to understand nobody is 100% right or wrong on this forum or anywhere on this world.
Well I for one commend and support you Jakub on your quest for global acceptance of differing opinions

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:31 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:59 pm
Well, what would it be?

Going off some of the comments at the start of the season, well till the comments still made now, I think it'd probably look something like this:

--------------BPF
Lowton-Long-Beyer-Taylor
-------Cork-Cullen
Tella---Brownhill---JBG
----------Jay

Where do we end up?

I'd wager it wouldn't be 14 points clear at the top of the division with 6 games to go...
Erm.....who is this Long fella?

I wager we wouldn't be 14 points clear with 10 men every week. :D

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:41 am

Neil wrote:
20 games unbeaten, only 7 goals conceded.
We all love Nick Pope, but he doesn't suit the system VK plays. It isn't rocket science.
It shouldn't be a question of who is the better keeper, but which keeper is better for our team. It has to be Muric.

Hurstwood_Claret
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Hurstwood_Claret » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:47 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Well, what would it be?

Going off some of the comments at the start of the season, well till the comments still made now, I think it'd probably look something like this:

--------------BPF
Lowton-Long-Beyer-Taylor
-------Cork-Cullen
Tella---Brownhill---JBG
----------Jay

Where do we end up?

I'd wager it wouldn't be 14 points clear at the top of the division with 6 games to go...
Still would win the leauge imo

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:23 am

Hurstwood_Claret wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:47 am
No chance. We wouldn’t have the fire power to win as many games.

8 goals missing from fullback there!

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4265 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:23 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:30 pm
But I was right, because we sorted out the defence and the rest is history, so what's your point clown
Great news.

I’m looking forward to us finishing “almost top 6” this season just as soon as VK drops Maatsen and starts playing Charlie Taylor at left back.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:25 pm

Hurstwood_Claret wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:47 am
More than likely

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:37 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:23 am
No chance. We wouldn’t have the fire power to win as many games.

8 goals missing from fullback there!
Why are you being such a boo boy against Lowton and Taylor?
These 2 users liked this post: Nori1958 Newcastleclaret93

Sleeping Cat
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Sleeping Cat » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:28 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Well, what would it be?

--------------BPF
Lowton-Long-Beyer-Taylor
-------Cork-Cullen
Tella---Brownhill---JBG
----------Jay

Where do we end up?

Strange comment because it's a decent team no matter. Other than BPF, Long & Lowton all the rest have all been heavily involved in first team duties, making up the core of the team for much of the season, so results could have been similar. Others have come in and done well too, that's the point of having a squad. Players have hit form at different times, had injuries and also improved as the season has gone on.
This user liked this post: Jjjack

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:41 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:37 pm
Why are you being such a boo boy against Lowton and Taylor?
I liked both Lowts & Taylor but for a start:

- Lowts isn't the same player he was 4-5 years ago and can't get into the Huddersfield side
- Taylor was always a little bit too one dimensional for me; very good last ditch defender but always struggled against anyone that sat in and had a tendency to slow our play with his one footedness - couldn't pass inside well to midfielders quickly and efficiently for example. Suited our old system well but I'd also argue wasn't as effective in that side as Stephen Ward was for example who I think was massively underrated.

Quite simply we don't have the season that we're having with them two in the side and it seems like the architect behind it all - Vincent Kompany, agrees or, you know, they'd both be playing.

Significant difference between not rating someone as high as another player and actively going on the Turf and calling a player a ******* clown or constantly shredding them online post game.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:48 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:41 pm
I liked both Lowts & Taylor but for a start:

- Lowts isn't the same player he was 4-5 years ago and can't get into the Huddersfield side
- Taylor was always a little bit too one dimensional for me; very good last ditch defender but always struggled against anyone that sat in and had a tendency to slow our play with his one footedness - couldn't pass inside well to midfielders quickly and efficiently for example. Suited our old system well but I'd also argue wasn't as effective in that side as Stephen Ward was for example who I think was massively underrated.

Quite simply we don't have the season that we're having with them two in the side and it seems like the architect behind it all - Vincent Kompany, agrees or, you know, they'd both be playing.

Significant difference between not rating someone as high as another player and actively going on the Turf and calling a player a ******* clown or constantly shredding them online post game.
Well considering that you labelled me a boo boy for expressing an opinion that Lyle Foster has looked off the pace to date I would suggest you're a hypocrite.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:57 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:48 pm
Well considering that you labelled me a boo boy for expressing an opinion that Lyle Foster has looked off the pace to date I would suggest you're a hypocrite.
Not really, Foster is 22 and he's played what 8 games (not full games btw), In a system that took our lads 10-15 games to really start to properly get to grips with.

In that time on each cameo he's looked better and better and even has had a really powerful strike & finish on a 1/4 chance

Little bit different to Lowts & Taylor who have played a combined 300+ games for Burnley.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:00 pm

The point that people are spectacularly missing is that if 'fans' are critical right now when we've lost two games all season and are playing as good as we ever have more or less, 14 points clear, +45 or so goal difference then what will make you happy? It's staggering that we still have comments both on the ground and online snidely criticising players in this side that are performing at this level