Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Re: Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:26 pm

bumba wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:16 pm
And so far Tella has proven to be no where near good enough for this level.
I ain't fishing it's facts.
Bruun Larsson has been playing a much higher level for years
I really don’t know what your beef with Tella is and why you chose to ignore all the positives that he brings.

Tella had sporadic appearances for Southampton in the Prem under various management.

Football isn’t as simple as you’re suggesting - VK has already shown that he can maximise Tellas ability and get him to succeed, which in and of itself should be enough to be excited about a return to the Turf.

Tella has an ability that not many players have and that’s to be able to receive a ball whilst sprinting flat out and also being able to finish whilst flat out - and believe me his flat out pace is top end.

Be a wonderful addition to our squad, let’s bring him home.
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret mybloodisclaret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5668 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:31 pm

in other news Dyche/Everton are trying to get rid of Mason Holgate (the guy Dyche wanted for us a few times apparently) but they are struggling to get rid of him because they pay him 73k a week. Mason Holgate on 73K a week, no wonder they are a mess!

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Post by bumba » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:26 pm
I really don’t know what your beef with Tella is and why you chose to ignore all the positives that he brings.

Tella had sporadic appearances for Southampton in the Prem under various management.

Football isn’t as simple as you’re suggesting - VK has already shown that he can maximise Tellas ability and get him to succeed, which in and of itself should be enough to be excited about a return to the Turf.

Tella has an ability that not many players have and that’s to be able to receive a ball whilst sprinting flat out and also being able to finish whilst flat out - and believe me his flat out pace is top end.

Be a wonderful addition to our squad, let’s bring him home.
Home 😂
If he wanted to be here so much he'd be kicking up a stink.
He had a good season but I still don't see the player in there that's capable of premier league football, we've now signed a better quality of players so let's see what VK can do with them eh?
Players proven at the top level.
If Tella is so great why did so many managers at Saints not trust him?
Why haven't we gone all out to sign him?
He took the ball at full pace sometimes sometimes he also missed it your making him sound like Ronaldo 😂

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:47 pm

bumba wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 pm

Home 😂
He had a good season but I still don't see the player in there that's capable of premier league football, we've now signed a better quality of players so let's see what VK can do with them eh?
He took the ball at full pace sometimes sometimes he also missed it your making him sound like Ronaldo 😂
Or he’s just being a consummate pro and getting on with it?

Home is obviously a figure of speech - like cmon

Cullen isn’t proven at the top level - shall we bin him off? Infact, he was shipped out from West Ham, he just be rubbish right because their management didn’t rate him?

Brownhill wasn’t particularly impressive in his first 30 games or so in the Prem, shall we bin him off? Or Roberts? Muric? Trafford? In fact… most of the squad isn’t - shall we bin them as well?

Kompany values Tella and knows how to get the most out of him. 17 goals coming from wide in a team that shared the goods out is mightily impressive.

I’ll refer to what I said to you in another thread - no player executes everything they try 100% of the time, that’s just not how football works at all. It’s not fifa 🤦‍♂️

He’s a great inbehind threat and leads our press without the ball… look at how many chances we scored from last season from a Tella press? Countless is the answe
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2271 times

Post by dsr » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:01 am

bumba wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 pm

Home 😂
At risk of stating the bleeding obvious, sometimes players get better with age and experience.

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:11 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:01 am
At risk of stating the bleeding obvious, sometimes players get better with age and experience.
At risk of stating the bleeding obvious he's 24 your talking about him like he's still only 20.
24 and only made 74 appearances and over half of them was last season with us

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:14 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:47 pm
Or he’s just being a consummate pro and getting on with it?

Home is obviously a figure of speech - like cmon

Cullen isn’t proven at the top level - shall we bin him off? Infact, he was shipped out from West Ham, he just be rubbish right because their management didn’t rate him?

Brownhill wasn’t particularly impressive in his first 30 games or so in the Prem, shall we bin him off? Or Roberts? Muric? Trafford? In fact… most of the squad isn’t - shall we bin them as well?

Kompany values Tella and knows how to get the most out of him. 17 goals coming from wide in a team that shared the goods out is mightily impressive.

I’ll refer to what I said to you in another thread - no player executes everything they try 100% of the time, that’s just not how football works at all. It’s not fifa 🤦‍♂️

He’s a great inbehind threat and leads our press without the ball… look at how many chances we scored from last season from a Tella press? Countless is the answe
Apart from Brownhill and Roberts how many of those have featured in the premier league to be given an opportunity?
Others have featured in other top European leagues or internationally.
Tella has featured in the premier league and never proved anything.
Redmond will do the same job with better quality.
If Kompany values him so much why isn't he breaking the bank to get him?
Consummate po maybe but he's never really given any indication that he wants to switch permanently if anything his previous interviews have edged more towards him wanting to stay down there

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:24 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:14 am
Apart from Brownhill and Roberts how many of those have featured in the premier league to be given an opportunity?
Others have featured in other top European leagues or internationally.
Tella has featured in the premier league and never proved anything.
Redmond will do the same job with better quality.
If Kompany values him so much why isn't he breaking the bank to get him?
Consummate po maybe but he's never really given any indication that he wants to switch permanently if anything his previous interviews have edged more towards him wanting to stay down there
*bangs head against wall*

Those that haven’t been ‘given the opportunity’ were deemed miles off it and hence weren’t in the Arsenal academy or featured as a youngster in the PL?

Kompany doesn’t dictate how much we spend on an individual player - he doesn’t have the complete reign to do as he wishes.

As dsr mentioned players can get better - look at Serge Gnabry, looked pants for West Brom and he’s been an absolute world beater at Bayern… more recently look at Odegaard, he was deemed a bust but of course Arteta has got the best out of him.

Now I’m obviously not claiming that Tella will easily get to those levels (who knows, he might) before you try and throw that back at me.

Your reasoning is very bizarre if honest. Just sounds like you don’t rate Tella and are using poor means to justify your view.

You’re free to not rate him, but you can’t discredit him by claiming that his performances last season didn’t show that he was a top player for us.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2271 times

Post by dsr » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:29 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:11 am
At risk of stating the bleeding obvious he's 24 your talking about him like he's still only 20.
24 and only made 74 appearances and over half of them was last season with us
He was 22 when he last played a PL game. I don't think it would be unprecedented for a 22 year old who isn't quite there to improve for a season on loan. I certainly wouldn't say that a 22 year old with 17 PL starts has all the age and experience that he needs.

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:31 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:24 am
*bangs head against wall*

Those that haven’t been ‘given the opportunity’ were deemed miles off it and hence weren’t in the Arsenal academy or featured as a youngster in the PL?

Kompany doesn’t dictate how much we spend on an individual player - he doesn’t have the complete reign to do as he wishes.

As dsr mentioned players can get better - look at Serge Gnabry, looked pants for West Brom and he’s been an absolute world beater at Bayern… more recently look at Odegaard, he was deemed a bust but of course Arteta has got the best out of him.

Now I’m obviously not claiming that Tella will easily get to those levels (who knows, he might) before you try and throw that back at me.

Your reasoning is very bizarre if honest. Just sounds like you don’t rate Tella and are using poor means to justify your view.

You’re free to not rate him, but you can’t discredit him by claiming that his performances last season didn’t show that he was a top player for us.
I find it bizarre that you have to twist my words to try and stake claims to your arguement.
I've said repeatedly he was class for us last season, he's had opportunities in the premier league though and never looked capable.
I've never said he wasn't a top player for us so your making stuff up there, many players have been top championship players have never made the grade in the premier League sadly another player you mentioned Brownhill falls in to a similar category. Excellent championship player but a bit lost when he steps up.
What do Odegard bad Gnabry have to do with it? Haha Odegard was 16 when he went Madrid he's always been tipped to be the player he is now, Gnabry was what at WBA maybe 20??
Tella is 24 and played only 74 games!!!!!
Kevin Long probably played more by 24.
My arguement is he's played in the premier league and wasn't rated, he's had one good season by 24, we've signed two excellent wingers both of a better quality than Tella.
Sounds to me like your a Tella fan twisting things to suit your agenda, let him go

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:33 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:29 am
He was 22 when he last played a PL game. I don't think it would be unprecedented for a 22 year old who isn't quite there to improve for a season on loan. I certainly wouldn't say that a 22 year old with 17 PL starts has all the age and experience that he needs.
And we've signed two wingers of better quality that's played at higher levels already so why do we need him?

Goobs
Been Liked: 1467 times
Has Liked: 997 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:37 am

Players develop at different ages. Look at Vardy or Wright as 2 prime examples of Forwards that had done very little and not played at the top level by their mid 20s

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:54 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:31 am
I've said repeatedly he was class for us last season, he's had opportunities in the premier league though and never looked capable.
My entire premise is that just because a player didn’t succeed as a relative youngster in the Prem, that doesn’t mean that they will never step up.

The comparisons aren’t meant to be absolute exacts of Tellas situation - just comparisons.

Odegaard was young - of course, but he went on loans from 18-21 and didn’t look like he was the player that people had hoped for… he did ok at Sociedad (not a world beater but showed a bit) and that was enough for Arteta to firstly bring him in on loan and then sign him - sound familiar?

Gnabry was a similar age to Tella when he was deemed ‘not good enough’ (hence the comp), he then went off to Werder Bremen, did really well and then Munich took a punt… Tella came to us and did really well - see the similarities?
Last edited by CoolClaret on Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:56 am

Tella was stand out last season, absolutely fantastic. He was exciting, had pure raw pace and was 100 per cent into the club. The 3-0 gesture to the rovers chap was terrific. To suggest he has never done it in the prem is bordering ridiculous, as evidence that he wouldn't do it. No doubt at all that Tella would make a huge improvement to this already very strong looking squad.

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:05 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:54 am
My entire premise is that just because a player didn’t succeed as a relative youngster in the Prem, that doesn’t mean that they will never step up.

The comparisons aren’t meant to be absolute exacts of Tellas situation - just comparisons.

Odegaard was young - of course, but he went on loans from 18-21 and didn’t look like he was the player that people had hoped for… he did ok at Sociedad (not a world beater but showed a bit) and that was enough for Arteta to firstly bring him in on loan and then sign him - sound familiar?

Gnabry was a similar age to Tella when he was deemed ‘not good enough’ (hence the comp), he then went off to Werder Bremen, did really well and then Munich took a punt… Tella came to us and did really well - see the similarities?
Odegard was playing in La Liga under the age of 21, Tella is 24 with a championship loan so no similarity.
Gnabry was only 20 when he signed for WBA who was in the premier league, Tella is 24 in the championship so no I don't see the similarity.
Odegard and Gnabry both had hype to love up to, who's giving Tella that hype bar you and a few other Burnley fans?
I'm not saying he'll never step up but do I believe he's good enough now.....no
Do I believe he'd make our starting 11or even be the first substitute to turn to this season....no

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:06 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:56 am
Tella was stand out last season, absolutely fantastic. He was exciting, had pure raw pace and was 100 per cent into the club. The 3-0 gesture to the rovers chap was terrific. To suggest he has never done it in the prem is bordering ridiculous, as evidence that he wouldn't do it. No doubt at all that Tella would make a huge improvement to this already very strong looking squad.
Yeh let's spend £20 million because somebody held 3 fingers up 🤦🏻

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:15 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:06 am
Yeh let's spend £20 million because somebody held 3 fingers up 🤦🏻
Wow. Not getting into an argument pal. Got enough on life right now, I think he was tremendous last season, although £20 mil sounds high. Fifteen does it, worth every penny.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:23 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:05 am
Odegard was playing in La Liga under the age of 21, Tella is 24 with a championship loan so no similarity.
Gnabry was only 20 when he signed for WBA who was in the premier league, Tella is 24 in the championship so no I don't see the similarity.
Odegard and Gnabry both had hype to love up to, who's giving Tella that hype bar you and a few other Burnley fans?
I'm not saying he'll never step up but do I believe he's good enough now.....no
Do I believe he'd make our starting 11or even be the first substitute to turn to this season....no
Stop trying to point score on semantics ffs - what’s wrong with people doing that?! 😂😂😂😂

Like holy **** dude - I even prefaced that they aren’t absolute similarities nor am I equating Tella to Gnabrys/Odegaards level - more that them players both improved as they aged after initially struggling.

Did Tella play in the Prem at 21 for Southampton? Yes.
Was he was highly thought of? Yes
Did he struggle but showed glimpses of being a PL player? Yes.
Did he go on loan and show that he is indeed a good player? Yes.

That is basically it. Thanks for coming

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:35 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:23 am
Stop trying to point score on semantics ffs - what’s wrong with people doing that?! 😂😂😂😂

Like holy **** dude - I even prefaced that they aren’t absolute similarities nor am I equating Tella to Gnabrys/Odegaards level - more that them players both improved as they aged after initially struggling.

Did Tella play in the Prem at 21 for Southampton? Yes.
Was he was highly thought of? Yes
Did he struggle but showed glimpses of being a PL player? Yes.
Did he go on loan and show that he is indeed a good player? Yes.

That is basically it. Thanks for coming
Seriously your acting about 12 year old, try pointing things out then when your pointed to a fact you get all defensive.
Highly thought of by who? Nobody but Burnley took a chance on him, Southampton have never trusted him and nobody else is bidding for him.
Southampton fans slated him when he played for them in the premier league, get your head down you must be tired.

MrEyres

Post by MrEyres » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:35 am

Tella deserves his chance with us to become a proven premier league player make no mistake. But dont believe Kompany holds sentiment high on his his list of priorities. He’s ruthless and a winner.
I do hope we sign him. However should we pay through the nose … absoloutly not.
Redmond is a very very good player and Townsend is actual proven quality who I hope we sign on a one year deal.
If it comes down to Southampton playing hardball I think we will walk away. Personally I would think if we get the nod from Genk on Tresor for a little more money that Tella will remain a saint. That’s football unfortunately.
I agree that centreback is not a priority now . Midfield yes could do with a younger more athletic type but I wouldn’t write Corky off yet his bite last year went largely unnoticed in the amount of times he changed games. We were under the cosh a bit at ewood until he came on for example. Controversial I know. Took my brave pill before writing 😂
Maatsen , personally rate him v v highly . Get the wallet out . If it can’t be done then so be it.
Whatever happens I already think there are 3 weaker teams than us in the league , the squad we have now would beat the Burnley side that went down , it would also beat Leeds, Leicester (of last yr) , Southampton. If we r looking at this season Fulham are in turmoil and losing players, Sheffield United I think will be found out being one dimensional as will Luton and Everton aren’t improving. I hope we stop up at the expense of the aforementioned first 3 , Dyche gets some rubbish spouted about him on here , for me he’s a legend and I hope he does well but not at the expense of Burnley Football Club.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:44 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:35 am
Seriously your acting about 12 year old, try pointing things out then when your pointed to a fact you get all defensive.
Highly thought of by who? Nobody but Burnley took a chance on him, Southampton have never trusted him and nobody else is bidding for him.
Southampton fans slated him when he played for them in the premier league, get your head down you must be tired.
Your logic and inability to grasp concepts is rather staggering.

1) what am I getting ‘defensive’ about? The fact that you’re trying to point score on semantics rather than accept that players can improve and flourish in different systems?
2) Both you and me have no idea if any other clubs wanted to loan Tella last season
3) So? Marney was slated when he first signed then was unanimously loved.

Simple yes or no question,

Was Nathan Tella a key player for us last season? - Consider that he scored 17 league goals and assisted 5.

If no - well, we’ll stop there.

If yes - then why not have the confidence that he can make that step up and contribute in the PL with Burnley?!

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:00 am

pack it in please lads
These 5 users liked this post: Lord_Bob Anonymous longsidepies Steddyman AfloatinClaret

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:31 am

Tella needs to come home. We need him to come home.

bumba

Post by bumba » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:49 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:44 am

1) what am I getting ‘defensive’ about? The fact that you’re trying to point score on semantics rather than accept that players can improve and flourish in different systems?
2) Both you and me have no idea if any other clubs wanted to loan Tella last season

Was Nathan Tella a key player for us last season? - Consider that he scored 17 league goals and assisted 5.

If yes - then why not have the confidence that he can make that step up and contribute in the PL with Burnley?!
What the hell has Dean Marney got to do with it? Very strange.
Yes he was key for us last season as have many players in the championship but not all have stepped up.
It's not about me having the confidence in him stepping up he isn't going to step up when he doesn't get minutes he'd be way down the pecking order now we have four maybe 5 if Townsend signs that are better wide men than him. Does he start up top over Foster or Amdouni? No he won't.
So why waste the money they want on him? Spend it elsewhere to improve the starting 11.
Obviously players can improve but your bringing up players at 20 and younger as comparisons when Tella is 24 with not much experience

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Tinribs » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:19 am

Get the lad back here.
Vinny saw what no one else saw in him when he brought him here.
Both trust each other.
He knows and fits the system.

Tella is class and will shine in the Prem

davideyresleftear
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by davideyresleftear » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:58 am

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:48 pm
Put your rod away. Redmond has as many poor games as good and Bruun Larsson is an unknown at this level.
You’ve got a point about Bruun, but Redmond is massively more proven at premier league level than Tella. He’s played 264 games in this league. I didn’t see the ‘as many poor games as good’ in Redmond, but if you did then fair enough. I always liked him

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:09 am

Enough wide players at the club already and possibly Townsend to come
We need 2 strong central midfielders spend the money on them and a left back.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:19 am

Careful Blyclaret
You are stating the bleeding obvious there
Whilst the young children on this messageboard continue with their bickering ;)

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:37 am

Jude Bellingham is unproven in the PL, all players are until they are given a chance - Saints hardly gave Tella a look in which makes their valuation fairly hysterical

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 1079 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:58 am

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:39 pm
His football is though. Give me a 34 year old Jay over a 25 year old Liam Robinson any day
It's no good playing around 14 games a season and scoring 1 goal in the premier league is it
This user liked this post: warksclaret

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:09 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:44 am

I think it comes down finances for me.

At 15-20m Tella has to be a certain starter. With the players we have in the squad and the potential addition of Townsend, I really do not see the club wanting to spend that kind of money on a squad player, it just doesn’t make financial sense.

If we could get him for 6-9m I could see the deal happening.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1625 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:20 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:58 am
It's no good playing around 14 games a season and scoring 1 goal in the premier league is it
Please will you look into your crystal ball & let me know the 6 numbers for this weekends lottery

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:33 am

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:20 am
Please will you look into your crystal ball & let me know the 6 numbers for this weekends lottery
I don't need a crystal ball just look at his last 4 or 5 season's infact it was over ten season's ago since he had a good goal scoring season

05 08 11 14 25 27 lottery numbers you requested

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:35 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:09 am

At 15-20m Tella has to be a certain starter. With the players we have in the squad and the potential addition of Townsend, I really do not see the club wanting to spend that kind of money on a squad player, it just doesn’t make financial sense.

I think 12m plus add ons will do it (next week) but it'll be undisclosed so not to **** off the Southampton fan's who think he's worth 25/30m 😂

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:39 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:35 am
I think 12m plus add ons will do it (next week) but it'll be undisclosed so not to **** off the Southampton fan's who think he's worth 25/30m 😂
That will certainly be interesting. At that kind of money VK must see him as a certain starter

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:42 am

There are a lot of people talking out of their bumba’s on this thread.
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Belial
Been Liked: 382 times
Has Liked: 321 times

Post by Belial » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:46 am

So ...any rumours today or what?

Bangers&Mash
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Bangers&Mash » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:02 am

Belial wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:46 am
So ...any rumours today or what?
Wrong thread mate.

You want the "Is Tella good enough for the prem" thread
This user liked this post: whiffa

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 3194 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:02 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:00 am
pack it in please lads
Aww come on Bumba hasn't had his 3 pages of wind-up yet....FFS! :roll:

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:26 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:09 am

I think you have to get over this idea of ‘certain starters’. I don’t think VK thinks like that regardless of fee. It doesn’t matter if a player costs 15 mill or £150 quid, if he improves the squad we will consider bringing him in if finances allow. It doesn’t mean the £150 player won’t start if VK thinks he’s better suited to the next game
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1706 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:47 am

Tinribs wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:19 am
Get the lad back here.
Vinny saw what no one else saw in him when he brought him here.
Both trust each other.
He knows and fits the system.

Tella is class and will shine in the Prem
Tella got us an amazing amount of points last season for us through his divine finishing, pressing and pace. I am certain but for him if we would not have won the Championship so easily. I have a feeling but for Tella we would have maybe finished runners up. I think he is the one player who if he joined would really light up this message board, and will get us key points in the PL

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 375 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:48 am

MDWat wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:16 pm
Noah Sadiki, who I think we were after earlier in the window, has signed for Union St. Gilloise
Indeed. He has confirmed via social media, thanking Burnley and VK for their offer. But decided on Union instead. Refreshingly transparent.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Steddyman
Been Liked: 625 times
Has Liked: 492 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:49 am

Every new player announcement video, the players always seem to state one of the core reasons for joining is how much they want to learn from VK and the coaching staff.

People on here must understand that the Tella that arrived at Burnley on day one, is not the Tella that left Burnley at the end of the season, right?

Our coaching staff could have created a player that is massively improved from when Southampton reluctantly played him in the Premier League.
This user liked this post: jrtod61

Passing Clouds
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Passing Clouds » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:52 am

Priorities hopefully…

Left back - Maatsen or Gomez
CM - Lokonga or Hamer

Looks like we want another attacker- Clarke or Tella

I’d say Townsend, if it happens, Koleosho and Larson are squad/long term prospects

That should be it right?

Apologies, felt the need to summarise :-)

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:57 am

Steddyman wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:49 am
Every new player announcement video, the players always seem to state one of the core reasons for joining is how much they want to learn from VK and the coaching staff.

People on here must understand that the Tella that arrived at Burnley on day one, is not the Tella that left Burnley at the end of the season, right?

Our coaching staff could have created a player that is massively improved from when Southampton reluctantly played him in the Premier League.
You might be right but at 15m+ it’s still a big risk. People say ‘just pay it’ and that ‘it’s the market’ but when you have players like Ismaila Sarr going for £11m, Callum Hudson Odoi available for £8m and Anthony Elanga for £15m, suddenly Tella looks overpriced at 15-20m, as those 3 mentioned all have proven pedigree at a higher level. I think it’s very much fan emotions driving the ‘just pay it’ rather than good business sense.
Last edited by RVclaret on Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:58 am

roperclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:26 am
I think you have to get over this idea of ‘certain starters’. I don’t think VK thinks like that regardless of fee. It doesn’t matter if a player costs 15 mill or £150 quid, if he improves the squad we will consider bringing him in if finances allow. It doesn’t mean the £150 player won’t start if VK thinks he’s better suited to the next game
But I don’t think that’s the model of the club?

The model is to buy players that you can make a profit on after a couple of seasons. If said player isn’t playing regular you are less likely to make the profit margins. Especially if the starting fee is a high one.

That’s why I say if Tella is around the 6-9m mark it wouldn’t matter if he’s not a regular starter as we could still likely turn a profit on him. That is a lot less likely if he is in the 15-20m mark.
These 2 users liked this post: spt_claret Quicknick

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2477 times
Has Liked: 2014 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:58 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:02 am
Aww come on Bumba hasn't had his 3 pages of wind-up yet....FFS! :roll:
I noticed all his posts were after midnight. Putting my Inspector Clueless head on he's either at work and bored or pist.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:02 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:57 am
You might be right but at 15m+ it’s still a big risk. People say ‘just pay it’ and that ‘it’s the market’ but when you have players like Ismaila Sarr going for £11m, Callum Hudson Odoi available for £8m and Anthony Elanga for £15m, suddenly Tella looks overpriced at 15-20m, as those 3 mentioned all have proven pedigree at a higher level. I think it’s very much fan emotions driving the ‘just pay it’ rather than good business sense.
I think you have got that spot on. For what it’s worth Hudson Odoi at 8m looks like a steal. He’s still only 22 and we have seen first hand what he can do, when he tore Charlie Taylor a new one a few years back.

That’s a player we could almost double in value in a season
This user liked this post: KateR

martin_p
Been Liked: 3768 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:07 am

bumba wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:33 am
And we've signed two wingers of better quality that's played at higher levels already so why do we need him?
What are you basing ‘better quality’ on?

matttheclaret
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by matttheclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:08 am

Hudson Odoi is on crazy wages at Chelsea though isn't he? £8 million may seem relatively cheap (although he has lost his way a bit in last couple of years) but I'm sure Chelsea gave him a massive contract when Bayern were trying to sign him 3/4 seasons ago. So I think they're accepting slightly below what he's really worth just to get him off the wage bill