The King’s Coronation Message

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 904 times

Re: The King’s Coronation Message

Post by BurnleyFC » Sat May 06, 2023 8:00 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:33 pm
Just what is it with scousers? The royal family paid their respects after Hillsborough , they visit the city on a regular basis, do they think the money spent today would be better spent on Merseyside how to be victims projects ?
https://news.sky.com/story/liverpool-fa ... d-12874865
They’re not British, they’re scousers.

It’s a shame we can’t cut them adrift with a giant ******* saw and let them drift into Ireland.

harpers_perm
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by harpers_perm » Sat May 06, 2023 8:02 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:39 pm

What's the difference?

Pageantry is ********, skills and expertise of what? It doesn't mean anything other than you're good at putting a precession on

They really aren't, we're the laughing stock of Europe.

The military should be for the people, to uphold liberty of the people, not a service to a frigging family.

It astounds me folk - especially from the North, given the sacrifices of our fathers/grandfathers and ancestors for millennia sent to their deaths to fight wars for self-righteous 'Monarchs' can look at today and be anything other than disgusted.

Give me a Pogba or a Carroll - least they pay their taxes.

North Korea correlation? Laughing stock of Europe? You think Europe is laughing at our military today simply because they are marching in front of Buckingham Palace? People are disgusted?

You are entertaining though, I’ll give you that. Seriously, do you do children’s parties? (Aged 5-8 clown preferred).
This user liked this post: Tw@

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1189 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:04 pm

The coronation is pretty much just an excuse for lots of people for a p155 up & an extended bank holiday weekend, lot's won't even give a monkey's about historic traditions or any of that malarkey, Xmas isn't much different.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5093 times
Has Liked: 6918 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat May 06, 2023 8:05 pm

For a cool Claret you really are getting hot under the collar. Bringing Belfast into it is really a distraction. Anyone would think if we abolish the monarchy there would in an instant be full employment, no poverty,no crime and we could all retire at 55. Look at Republics 5 years of a left leaning presidents 51% of the population hate them, then a right leaning one 51 percent then hate them as the countries woes have mot been solved. Just go with the tradition of a head of state without power who represents us.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:10 pm

harpers_perm wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:02 pm
North Korea correlation? Laughing stock of Europe? You think Europe is laughing at our military today simply because they are marching in front of Buckingham Palace? People are disgusted?

You are entertaining though, I’ll give you that. Seriously, do you do children’s parties? (Aged 5-8 clown preferred).
If you can't see the correlation between parading an unelected leader around the capital of a Country in a bullshit ceremony then you need to go back to school

Yeah, the UK is the laughing stock of Europe - nothing to be admired, what so ever well except our football pyramid, that was created by working lads - no aristocratic toffs

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sat May 06, 2023 8:14 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:10 pm
If you can't see the correlation between parading an unelected leader around the capital of a Country in a bullshit ceremony then you need to go back to school

Yeah, the UK is the laughing stock of Europe - nothing to be admired, what so ever well except our football pyramid, that was created by working lads - no aristocratic toffs
If you can somehow see a correlation between a lunatic with atomic weapons who quite happily slaughters children for watching Western films and starves his "people" into subservience and a peace loving environmentalist then you really need a head wobble.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:15 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:05 pm
For a cool Claret you really are getting hot under the collar. Bringing Belfast into it is really a distraction. Anyone would think if we abolish the monarchy there would in an instant be full employment, no poverty,no crime and we could all retire at 55. Look at Republics 5 years of a left leaning presidents 51% of the population hate them, then a right leaning one 51 percent then hate them as the countries woes have mot been solved. Just go with the tradition of a head of state without power who represents us.
The only reason there is that split in America is because of a two party system.

You can have tiered voting systems to ensure that the President has a broader mandate from the Populace, as well as implementing more co-ilitiion Govs.

Also, that argument does't stack up -you could easily have 50% of people hate the Monarchy - not to mention that recent data trends show that only 36% of people between 18-24 support the monarchy, with 54% supporting between 25-49, suggesting that we could hit that exact situation....

Then what? Least with a President, you can vote them out...

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:16 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:14 pm
If you can somehow see a correlation between a lunatic with atomic weapons who quite happily slaughters children for watching Western films and starves his "people" into subservience and a peace loving environmentalist then you really need a head wobble.
It's the abstract of the pageantry muppet.

If you want to talk about what the Monarchy historically represents in England than i think you will find equally barbaric acts

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat May 06, 2023 8:17 pm

Plenty of people transiting Europe risking life and limb to get to this particular “laughing stock”
These 2 users liked this post: bfcjg Tw@

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 06, 2023 8:18 pm

Charles seems like a good fella, I’ve got absolutely nothing against him. But I agree with CoolClaret’s sentiments regarding the monarchy and the way that the public lap up this kind of pageantry and for some reason feel a sense of pride for being British because of it.

harpers_perm

Post by harpers_perm » Sat May 06, 2023 8:23 pm

CoolClaret wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Equating Kim Jong with Charles.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 516 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat May 06, 2023 8:23 pm

CoolClaret wrote:

One massive difference. Our unelected leader doesn't make the decisions and rule with an iron fist. He doesn't make his people believe he is a god. Your comparison to North Korea is as disgusting and misguided as it is hilarious.
This user liked this post: Benson

harpers_perm

Post by harpers_perm » Sat May 06, 2023 8:24 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:18 pm
Charles seems like a good fella, I’ve got absolutely nothing against him. But I agree with CoolClaret’s sentiments regarding the monarchy and the way that the public lap up this kind of pageantry and for some reason feel a sense of pride for being British because of it.
What’s wrong with that? Does it offend you.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:25 pm

harpers_perm wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:23 pm
Jesus Christ.

Equating Kim Jong with Charles.
It’s an abstract comparison looking at how utterly bizarre it is

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat May 06, 2023 8:26 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:18 pm
Its 70 years since the last coronation. Why should the nation, with exception of banal, boring, miserable lefty republicans like you not wnjoy it? A great spectacle. Precision organisation wonderful to see. Why did you watch it? Why have you commented?

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat May 06, 2023 8:28 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:25 pm
Aye..it is that abstract that it doesn't equate whatsoever.
This user liked this post: Tw@

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 578 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sat May 06, 2023 8:29 pm

I'm 100 per cent in favour of our constitutional monarchy but I have to say I fully despair at the current state of our Tory Party when l read rubbish like this from the deputy chairman. They are doing what Labour did under that Corbyn clown. Heading for defeat because people have stopped taking them seriously. What Anderson says here is the stuff of forums and Twitter, not serious government.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-famil ... -anderson/
Last edited by Clovius Boofus on Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:29 pm

CoolClaret wrote:

I currently live in Italy but moving to London soon as I work in finance - London is the global capital of finance - so you can add that one to your list of ‘nothing to be admired’. When I told some of the locals here they were completely understanding and recognised how many more opportunities and money there was to be earned in that ‘laughing stock’.

Benson
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Benson » Sat May 06, 2023 8:30 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:25 pm
Cool 😴

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm

Some miserable buggers on here. FFS.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm

harpers_perm wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:24 pm
What’s wrong with that? Does it offend you.
Nope

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:23 pm
One massive difference. Our unelected leader doesn't make the decisions and rule with an iron fist. He doesn't make his people believe he is a god. Your comparison to North Korea is as disgusting and misguided as it is hilarious.
The Monarchy certainly used to do just that - and I bet if they could have a bit more political power they would - instead they’re happy to take a bit of a back seat whilst we preserve their life of luxury & enormous, wealth and marvel at them when they take the odd snoop around various towns in the almighty Kingdom*

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sat May 06, 2023 8:34 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:16 pm
It's the abstract of the pageantry muppet.

If you want to talk about what the Monarchy historically represents in England than i think you will find equally barbaric acts

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You're trapped in the past.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 06, 2023 8:34 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:26 pm
Its 70 years since the last coronation. Why should the nation, with exception of banal, boring, miserable lefty republicans like you not wnjoy it? A great spectacle. Precision organisation wonderful to see. Why did you watch it? Why have you commented?
Who cares how long it was since the last coronation? I’m sure there are plenty of other things that haven’t happened for 70 years which you wouldn’t expect me to enjoy.

I didn’t watch it, I met some friends and we had a great day out with the kids at a ‘street party’. I commented because I wanted to.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat May 06, 2023 8:35 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm
The Monarchy certainly used to do just that - and I bet if they could have a bit more political power they would - instead they’re happy to take a bit of a back seat whilst we preserve their life of luxury & enormous, wealth and marvel at them when they take the odd snoop around various towns in the almighty Kingdom*
Yes they did...and now they don't and you clearly have no understanding of history to know why that is the case and how the rest of your comment is utter nonsense.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:36 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:29 pm
I currently live in Italy but moving to London soon as I work in finance - London is the global capital of finance - so you can add that one to your list of ‘nothing to be admired’. When I told some of the locals here they were completely understanding and recognised how many more opportunities and money there was to be earned in that ‘laughing stock’.
That’s called an n=1 perspective

Arguing about the UK being great because London is the global hub of finance and there’s therefore careers in finance in London isn’t an argument as to why we aren’t a laughing stock.

We are London centric on everything and it’s to the detriment to the whole land - not to go off on too much of a tangent but there’s more to a healthy nation than finance hubs and a service economy.

Our priorities are well behind what they should be - particularly of engineering & tech.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat May 06, 2023 8:37 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm
Oh how I wish a anti Brit like you woukd go and LIVE in a despotic place like N Korea. You havegot a clue what your mouthing on about.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:38 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:34 pm
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You're trapped in the past.
Extremely ironic.

I think the only people ‘trapped in the past’ are those that want to upkeep a Monarchy for no better reason than ‘tradition’

Doff your cap m’lord and enjoy that taste of ‘royal’ boot

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat May 06, 2023 8:40 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Who cares how long it was since the last coronation? I’m sure there are plenty of other things that haven’t happened for 70 years which you wouldn’t expect me to enjoy.

I didn’t watch it, I met some friends and we had a great day out with the kids at a ‘street party’. I commented because I wanted to.
Like I say your a banal miserable republican lefty. Oh and boring in the extreme.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sat May 06, 2023 8:41 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:38 pm
Extremely ironic.

I think the only people ‘trapped in the past’ are those that want to upkeep a Monarchy for no better reason than ‘tradition’

Doff your cap m’lord and enjoy that taste of ‘royal’ boot
Just accept you are a subject and chill out. Live up to your name. It's just part of our fabric, it's eccentricity it's us.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 06, 2023 8:42 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:40 pm
Like I say your a banal miserable republican lefty. Oh and boring in the extreme.
Thanks very much.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:43 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:37 pm
Oh how I wish a anti Brit like you woukd go and LIVE in a despotic place like N Korea. You havegot a clue what your mouthing on about.
Well I actually do?

I’m not equating the UK to North Korea, im well aware we have it significantly better here…. it was an abstract comparison of parading someone as a ‘superior’ to the people.

But one of the reasons at least historically as to why we have had living conditions improve is that common man has banded together, said enough is enough and demanded more - most obvious example is after the war with the nhs etc etc

Standards certainly weren’t improved by the grace of ‘his majesty’

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat May 06, 2023 8:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:

A street party to celebrate what?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 06, 2023 8:47 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:45 pm
A street party to celebrate what?
The coronation of course.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sat May 06, 2023 8:52 pm

I’m not equating the UK to North Korea, im well aware we have it significantly better here…. it was an abstract comparison of parading someone as a ‘superior’ to the people.
He insisted the line I do not wish to be served but to serve was put into the ceremony.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:53 pm

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:29 pm
I'm 100 per cent in favour of our constitutional monarchy but I have to say I fully despair at the current state of our Tory Party when l read rubbish like this from the deputy chairman. They are doing what Labour did under that Corbyn clown. Heading for defeat because people have stopped taking them seriously. What Anderson says here is the stuff of forums and Twitter, not serious government.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-famil ... -anderson/
Exactly what I mean by faux patriotism -

The obvious retort is, well, they can’t anymore, at least not easily to desirable countries, thanks in part to our wonderful brexit benefits

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat May 06, 2023 8:55 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:43 pm
Well I actually do?

But one of the reasons at least historically as to why we have had living conditions improve is that common man has banded together, said enough is enough and demanded more - most obvious example is after the war with the nhs etc etc

No.the reason living standards improved is because men with resouces built factories, built roads, built cars and railways and planes etc. The learnedl people developed the power to drive these creations. They created wealth and that wealth improved living standards for all. We have a few today. Not politicians who generally in my book are useless. Jim Ratcliffe, James Dyson, Lord Bamford are examples.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat May 06, 2023 8:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:47 pm
The coronation of course.
Lovely, hope you enjoyed it

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat May 06, 2023 8:57 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:00 pm
They’re not British, they’re scousers.

It’s a shame we can’t cut them adrift with a giant ******* saw and let them drift into Ireland.
Be great if we could

Now that is where the real tax burden lies

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:58 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:55 pm
No.the reason living standards improved is because men with resouces built factories, built roads, built cars and railways and planes etc. The learnedl people developed the power to drive these creations. They created wealth and that wealth improved living standards for all. We have a few today. Not politicians who generally in my book are useless. Jim Ratcliffe, James Dyson, Lord Bamford are examples.
I wasn’t getting to ultra specifics - of course that’s why the worlds changed. It’s always scientists/engineers/people in tech that drive innovation.

I was making the point more to why we have more rights, we had to fight for these and demand for more - our relatively high living standards certainly aren’t because of any King or Queen

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat May 06, 2023 8:59 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:57 pm
Be great if we could

Now that is where the real tax burden lies
Actual Geordies would despise your crass ideology

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:00 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:43 pm
Well I actually do?

This post just highlights how very little you know about the history of this country.

Another person that’s blaming his poor conditions on the royal family when he has no idea.

I suggest you get out of your circle and actually learn

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:56 pm
Lovely, hope you enjoyed it
Thanks, yes we all had a great day.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:02 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:59 pm
Actual Geordies would despise your crass ideology
Nope the real tax burdens are not the royal family but the people that take more than they put in. Unfortunately that’s a growing percentage these days

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat May 06, 2023 9:04 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:58 pm
I wasn’t getting to ultra specifics - of course that’s why the worlds changed. It’s always scientists/engineers/people in tech that drive innovation.

I was making the point more to why we have more rights, we had to fight for these and demand for more - our relatively high living standards certainly aren’t because of any King or Queen
So what?? It was all achieved under a monarchy.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat May 06, 2023 9:07 pm

I just knew this thread would be full of absolute shite.

CoolClaret has had a right mare here.
This user liked this post: Newcastleclaret93

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:08 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:07 pm
I just knew this thread would be full of absolute shite.

CoolClaret has had a right mare here.
He’s a woke virtue signaller

Been clear for some time

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 3194 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat May 06, 2023 9:12 pm

harpers_perm wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:23 pm
The forces marching through the streets, the Palace garden salute, the public running to the Palace, that’s hundreds of years of respect to the British forces, it’s people and its relationship to the monarch. Total class, skills and expertise, made me proud to be British today. Bravo to them all, superb skills.

Our monarchy is the envy of the world, the original, the best.

All for the price of a Pogba and an Andy Carroll. Nothing wrong with following tradition.
Too much kool-ade!

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 2702 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:12 pm

We had our own gathering of flag-wagging simpletons here in this isolated community.. ..with LA funding and fully orchestrated forelock tugging and general self-abasement.

I was gratified to see how few folk (maybe 20%) gave enough of a rat's arse to actually turn up.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat May 06, 2023 9:12 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:00 pm

This post just highlights how very little you know about the history of this country.

Another person that’s blaming his poor conditions on the royal family when he has no idea.

I suggest you get out of your circle and actually learn
Queen Victoria..and especially Prince Albert strove for improved living conditions for the poor. They championed improvements in sanitary conditions at a time when cholera and other diseases massively reduced life expectancy amongst the poor. This at a time when the elected political elite were less than interested.