KV Kortrijk

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: KV Kortrijk

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:13 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:10 pm
Lets send over Franchi, Bastien, Churlinov when fit, Dodgson and possibly that young lad we got from Spurs. Should get the relationship started
How is that good for them though? Force a bunch of unproven kids on them and force the manager to deal with it doesn’t sound like a beneficial relationship to me.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3165 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:18 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:00 pm
I’m pretty certain we’ve had some significant investment and I don’t mean DP.

Pace talks about securing investment as being easier when the team is playing well in Mission to Burnley.

As PW says, some will be silent investors but it’s the ones like JJ and DP that excite me the most. Russell Ball also suggested “others will come on board” in his TurfCast interview.
The introduction of Vlad Torgovnik to the BFC board may be the clearest indication of new investment and possibly significant investment in ALK/VSL - though as we saw in 'MtB' not all board members are directors - particularly thinking of Adrian Bettridge, who I am assuming is also part of the ownership group.

What does seem apparent is that there are a growing number of minor investors in ALK/VSL who are not publicised - not unsurprisingly they share common background and judging by posts on social media, it is that community which has been a consistent source for introducing new people to the club/ownership group

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 395 times

Post by Cooclaret » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:21 pm

I’m sure a poster told us that there was significant investment in place prior but was delayed due to the relegation.

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:05 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:21 pm
I’m sure a poster told us that there was significant investment in place prior but was delayed due to the relegation.
That's what i was told prior to the away game at Norwich when Sean was manager and the person in question attended the game and what happened after you can make your own judgement on that. Not sure if that person is still interested or we have moved on .

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:50 am

Clive 1960 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:05 am
That's what i was told prior to the away game at Norwich when Sean was manager and the person in question attended the game and what happened after you can make your own judgement on that. Not sure if that person is still interested or we have moved on .
I dont think it was any big secret was it? I am sure AP even talked about it...if memory serves me right it was around the Norwich game...possibly the Everton game because I went away thinking they will definitely want to invest after that night

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:02 am

Multi-club ownership should be banned.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 547 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:15 am

Bastien joining them on loan seemingly

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 622 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:15 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:02 am
Why?

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1756 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:18 am

Couple of references to “us” buying Kortrijk. Burnley Football Club won’t own Kortrijk, ALK or an offshoot of them will.

We’re at the top of the food chain for now. Let’s just hope they don’t buy another club in future and we end up lower down the chain.

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 771 times
Has Liked: 10094 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:21 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:02 am

A bit of a sweeping statement without giving your reasoning behind it.
Should other companies be banned from taking over other businesses, or just restricted to football clubs?

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:36 am

Not only have the reasons multi-club ownership should be banned been explained in detail in this thread, they're also very obvious. Nobody on here would want us to be the lesser part of such an arrangement.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:57 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:18 pm
The introduction of Vlad Torgovnik to the BFC board may be the clearest indication of new investment and possibly significant investment in ALK/VSL - though as we saw in 'MtB' not all board members are directors - particularly thinking of Adrian Bettridge, who I am assuming is also part of the ownership group.

What does seem apparent is that there are a growing number of minor investors in ALK/VSL who are not publicised - not unsurprisingly they share common background and judging by posts on social media, it is that community which has been a consistent source for introducing new people to the club/ownership group
What do we know about Adrian Bettridge, CP ?

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:04 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi CP, you've got something factually wrong with "not all board members are directors." The full description of the group that directs any business is the "board of directors." The board consists of all those people who are named on Companies House filings as being directors (similar arrangements in other countries). A person can seek to avoid their responsibilities for the actions of a business that they control by not being registered as a director, but they can be found to be a "shadow director." The sanction for businesses that fail and transgress in various ways is often banning some or all of the directors (and shadow directors) from acting as a director of any business for a number of years.

Mission to Burnley showed a number of meetings, but the film didn't state which, if any of them, were formal board meetings of either BFCHL or the club. Board meetings will often invite other people to present to the board and join the board discussions. We saw Vincent Kompany and others in meetings with some of the club's directors, We didn't see the formalities that declared a certain meeting as a Board of Directors' meeting: record of directors attending in person, others maybe on video call and which ones were absent; agenda; minutes of previous meeting etc. Only the directors take formal decisions on behalf of the board, others presenting to the board may have already left the meeting before formal board decisions are made.

Who's Adrian Bettridge? Was he named in Mission to Burnley? I guess I need to watch and enjoy it again.

Vlad Torgovnik joining the board of directors is, of course, evidence that there has been investment in ALK/VSL. It's possible that he's invested his own money in ALK - hence becoming a director. Given that he is Chief Information Officer at Millenium it's not certain that Millenium has also invested in ALK/VSL. More news to come sometime, possibly.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:06 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:36 am
Not only have the reasons multi-club ownership should be banned been explained in detail in this thread, they're also very obvious. Nobody on here would want us to be the lesser part of such an arrangement.
There is literally a Kortrijk fan on this thread hoping the deal with us goes through.

Also, wonder if Union Saint-Gilloise fans are unhappy with their Brighton links, given Bloom has helped deliver them success not seen in over 70 years, including securing Champions League qualification for the first time ever, and reaching the quarters of the Europa League.

Kortrijk-1901
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Kortrijk-1901 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:06 am

As a KV Kortrijk fan I am pretty excited with this news, we are currently in a bad situation (after the failed takeover, no time for decent new players, coach and now at the bottom of the league) and this can only help us short term and Burnley long term.
Kompany knows the belgian league and KV Kortrijk and that is also important.
Players like Bastien would be a real asset to us, and we have some young highly noted players (for example Kadri, Algerian international which Ajax is chasing now) who could eventually end up in Burnley!

Whatever happens, you are always welcome in our oldschool stadium with a bunch of loyal fans!
These 8 users liked this post: burnley007 ArmchairDetective Paul Waine mybloodisclaret Pickles Darnhill Claret DCWat Lubanski

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 311 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:20 am

Hopefully the posts by RV Claret and Kortrijk-1901 will quieten the negative self righteous who seem to know what’s better for our club than VK and Pace, in the far from ideal modern football world.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:21 am

northeastclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:20 am
Hopefully the posts by RV Claret and Kortrijk-1901 will quieten the negative self righteous who seem to know what’s better for our club than VK and Pace, in the far from ideal modern football world.
Self righteous :D :D :D :D :D

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:23 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:06 am
There is literally a Kortrijk fan on this thread hoping the deal with us goes through.

Also, wonder if Union Saint-Gilloise fans are unhappy with their Brighton links, given Bloom has helped deliver them success not seen in over 70 years, including securing Champions League qualification for the first time ever, and reaching the quarters of the Europa League.
Yes, because things there are so **** at the minute that he thinks the club being run in the interests of Burnley FC will be an improvement. The modern history of football in our own country is littered with fans of clubs who celebrate a takeover only to find it's not good news.

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 311 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:28 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:21 am
Self righteous :D :D :D :D :D
If you are admitting to be one of them you should know better
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:30 am

northeastclaret wrote:
There's no doubt it's good for our club, it's just not totally clear why it's self righteous to think that totally subverting other clubs for our benefit isn't seen as a bad thing to do.

bfcpete
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by bfcpete » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:30 am

I read this link last night with the name Maciek Kaminski, seems quite wealthy though i never heard of him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/burnley-owner ... rmed-soon/

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:32 am

bfcpete wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:30 am
I read this link last night with the name Maciek Kaminski, seems quite wealthy though i never heard of him.

He has been linked with a takeover of Evertom

burnley007
Been Liked: 641 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:37 am

This whole setup is sooooo far removed from the Garlick/Dyche period, it's crazy. It's all very exciting, but I sometimes worry that we might lose what makes us Burnley. It is the only way we will ever be able to compete at the top table and is absolutely necessary, but it's all very new.

This is what happens at other clubs, not little old Burnley!
This user liked this post: longsidepies

burnley007
Been Liked: 641 times
Has Liked: 674 times

maciek kaminski

Post by burnley007 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:41 am

Kaminski has an estimated personal wealth of around $1bn according to Law's report. The Kaminski family has no background in ownership of other sports clubs or franchises.

However, The Times reported back in June that Kaminski set up a business in February, KAM Sports, of which to buy a series of sports outfits and media rights, with Everton at the pinnacle. It is claimed that Kaminski would be the majority shareholder and director, while his son, Mikhail, a registered officer of KAM Sports, which is the investment vehicle for the takeover, would also have a seat on the board.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:42 am

bfcpete wrote:

Kaminski beat ALK to the purchase of Kortrijk a few months ago but then couldn't or didn't come up with the agreed funds to Vincent Tan and the deal collapsed.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:44 am

I think that article is just poorly worded

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:50 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:36 am
Nobody on here would want us to be the lesser part of such an arrangement.
Whilst this is certainly true, it would be interesting to get the views of supporters of Bury, Oldham and Rochdale, should they have been offered such an arrangement in recent seasons.

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:04 am

Kortrijk-1901 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:06 am
As a KV Kortrijk fan I am pretty excited with this news, we are currently in a bad situation (after the failed takeover, no time for decent new players, coach and now at the bottom of the league) and this can only help us short term and Burnley long term.
Kompany knows the belgian league and KV Kortrijk and that is also important.
Players like Bastien would be a real asset to us, and we have some young highly noted players (for example Kadri, Algerian international which Ajax is chasing now) who could eventually end up in Burnley!

Whatever happens, you are always welcome in our oldschool stadium with a bunch of loyal fans!
It seems like both our club and yours are being dragged/propelled into the era of modern football. It would be understandable for there to be some anxiety for both sets of fans, but hopefully this is an exciting time that benefits both clubs if the deal is finalised. I'm confident that you should have a better experience of our owners that you have with Vincent Tan. I for one am very much looking forward to having a Belgian team to follow and hoping we get to visit you for a preseason friendly match next summer.

All the best to you for this season.
These 3 users liked this post: Kortrijk-1901 northeastclaret Bosscat

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:05 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:50 am
Whilst this is certainly true, it would be interesting to get the views of supporters of Bury, Oldham and Rochdale, should they have been offered such an arrangement in recent seasons.
It wouldn't.

Kortrijk-1901
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Kortrijk-1901 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:06 am

Being on the other side here, i truly think this will benefit us (Kortrijk) too. Everything is better then Vincent Tan, he does not invest and gave us 3 loan players in 5 years time (2 of them just arrived this week even). He is the richest owner in the Belgian league, and still Kortrijk has the lowest budget in the entire league, not once he made some funds available for a decent player.

Just to get rid of Tan and being ran by capable people who also will not want their investment to get relegated to the second tier, and actually loan us players who are usefull to us, would be a win. Bastien alone would already be an asset to us.

PS, if my English isnt perfect, i'm sorry :)
These 10 users liked this post: Paul Waine RVclaret ArmchairDetective northeastclaret burnley007 Bosscat Darnhill Claret mybloodisclaret ŽižkovClaret wilks_bfc

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:16 am

bfcpete wrote:

Sport Witness appears to think that Kaminski is the owner of Burnley. I wonder if their article has been written by ChatGPT (or similar)?

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 622 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:19 am

One of the loan players from Cardiff - Davies wasn’t he linked to Burnley last summer as a recommendation from Craig Bellamy?

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4036 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:27 am

Kortrijk-1901 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:06 am
Being on the other side here, i truly think this will benefit us (Kortrijk) too. Everything is better then Vincent Tan, he does not invest and gave us 3 loan players in 5 years time (2 of them just arrived this week even). He is the richest owner in the Belgian league, and still Kortrijk has the lowest budget in the entire league, not once he made some funds available for a decent player.

Just to get rid of Tan and being ran by capable people who also will not want their investment to get relegated to the second tier, and actually loan us players who are usefull to us, would be a win. Bastien alone would already be an asset to us.

Your English is perfect mate. Thanks for posting. I am intrigued re the links of a takeover, but would welcome Kortrijk to our group. Never been to Belgium, always wanted to go, this would give me a perfect reason to make the trip.
These 2 users liked this post: Kortrijk-1901 Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:40 am

Kortrijk-1901 wrote:

Its better than my Belgian K-1901 😉
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:46 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:16 am
Sport Witness appears to think that Kaminski is the owner of Burnley. I wonder if their article has been written by ChatGPT (or similar)?
Clearly no research but that's what you find now.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:47 am

Kortrijk-1901 wrote:

Your English is better than that of quite a few on here I have to say.

Vincent Tan is no good to anyone. Cardiff have found that to their cost over the years.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

mybloodisclaret

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:51 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:47 am
Your English is better than that of quite a few on here I have to say.

Vincent Tan is no good to anyone. Cardiff have found that to their cost over the years.
I didn't like Tan when he was at Cardiff. Wasn't he the one who put red seats in the Blue birds stadium?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:58 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:51 am
I didn't like Tan when he was at Cardiff. Wasn't he the one who put red seats in the Blue birds stadium?
Aye and changed their kit red! Guys a disaster.

There’s a lot I truly despise about modern football, I think I’m getting passed the point of being as emotionally invested as I was (find it hard to though), I’m not fully sure how I feel about this ownership but I at least hope it’s beneficial for both parties.

I’d be a bit miffed if I was Samuel Bastien though, with respect to Kortrijk, going from Standard Liege to Burnley to ultimately end up on loan at a team at the bottom of the Belgian league…

I wonder how many of our signings that we’ve made (Odobert etc) we intend to have in our first team this season and how many/if any we intend to have on loan or at Kortrijk?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:01 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:51 am
He's still at Cardiff.

Yes, he changed the club colours to red (something he eventually had to reverse) and then put red seats in the stadium extension which were still there last season on our last visit.

mybloodisclaret

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:14 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:01 am
He's still at Cardiff.

Yes, he changed the club colours to red (something he eventually had to reverse) and then put red seats in the stadium extension which were still there last season on our last visit.
Bizarre thing to do.

Claretnick
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:17 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:58 am

I’d be a bit miffed if I was Samuel Bastien though, with respect to Kortrijk, going from Standard Liege to Burnley to ultimately end up on loan at a team at the bottom of the Belgian league…
Not sure I would be miffed if I was Samuel. He will play more football than he did last season, might even be a leader for the rest of his team mates. One imagines continued receipt of his Burnley salary will ease any concerns he may have.

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:18 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:02 pm
It would be easy, from a financial perspective, for Vincent Kompany to be an investor in VSL and therefore be an investor in the ownership of both Burnley and any KV Kortrijk, (or another other club that ALK/VSL invested in). I can't think of any football regulations (Premier League, FA, UEFA, FIFA) that would ban a football manager/coach from having an ownership stake in the club they are the coach for. However, football is a lot more used to a situation where the owners can fire the manager. OK, it can also happen that a manager who is also an investor can still be fired as the manager. Thinking of other clubs, was Alex Ferguson also a shareholder in ManU - shares are listed on NY stock exchange, so no reason why not. American employers are also a lot keener to reward employees with shares and share options.

All that without the separate information that Vincent Kompany has his own business activities.

Be great if Alan Pace has found a way to keep his favourite football manager interested and involved with the club for a long, long time.

UTC
I'd be amazed if Kompany had any shares in Burnley or ALK. The shares aren't publicly traded and it's pretty likely Kompany will have left before the club is sold so it would be difficult to realise the value of them at that point.

Having shares in Burnley whilst managing another club, particularly in the same division, would be terrible optics even if there aren't specific rules against it.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:23 am

Claretnick wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:17 am
Not sure I would be miffed if I was Samuel. He will play more football than he did last season, might even be a leader for the rest of his team mates. One imagines continued receipt of his Burnley salary will ease any concerns he may have.
No doubt he’ll play more football - still found himself at a much smaller club than what he was at after just one year.

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 289 times
Has Liked: 312 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:27 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:23 am
No doubt he’ll play more football - still found himself at a much smaller club than what he was at after just one year.
The likelihood of him ending up at a bigger one, or even one of comparable stature, are probably slim. He’s still reasonably young and this is probably an opportunity he needs.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:33 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:04 am
Hi CP, you've got something factually wrong with "not all board members are directors." The full description of the group that directs any business is the "board of directors." The board consists of all those people who are named on Companies House filings as being directors (similar arrangements in other countries). A person can seek to avoid their responsibilities for the actions of a business that they control by not being registered as a director, but they can be found to be a "shadow director." The sanction for businesses that fail and transgress in various ways is often banning some or all of the directors (and shadow directors) from acting as a director of any business for a number of years.

Mission to Burnley showed a number of meetings, but the film didn't state which, if any of them, were formal board meetings of either BFCHL or the club. Board meetings will often invite other people to present to the board and join the board discussions. We saw Vincent Kompany and others in meetings with some of the club's directors, We didn't see the formalities that declared a certain meeting as a Board of Directors' meeting: record of directors attending in person, others maybe on video call and which ones were absent; agenda; minutes of previous meeting etc. Only the directors take formal decisions on behalf of the board, others presenting to the board may have already left the meeting before formal board decisions are made.

Who's Adrian Bettridge? Was he named in Mission to Burnley? I guess I need to watch and enjoy it again.

Vlad Torgovnik joining the board of directors is, of course, evidence that there has been investment in ALK/VSL. It's possible that he's invested his own money in ALK - hence becoming a director. Given that he is Chief Information Officer at Millenium it's not certain that Millenium has also invested in ALK/VSL. More news to come sometime, possibly.
That is how i would normally take it - but for the fact that Adrian Bettridge was clearly identified as being a member of the Burnley FC Board in 'MtB' - he appeared across most of the meetings

randomclaret2 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:57 am
What do we know about Adrian Bettridge, CP ?

- his background is in finance (actual in consulting in the financial sector) and no need to guess his faith, he seem to be actively introducing other CoLDS members to the club/ownership though though

https://www.baringa.com/en/people/exper ... bettridge/

https://byums.byu.edu/events/details/by ... el-london/

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/adrian-bettr ... din.com%2F

he appears to be relatively high ranking in the CoLDS set-up, being a member of the 7th quorum of the seventies
https://www.deseret.com/2023/3/30/23663 ... ip-session

There is relatively little about him on the web though this gives an insight to how he sells himself professionally

https://www.sourceglobalresearch.com/po ... leadership

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2635 times
Has Liked: 6464 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:42 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:33 am
and no need to guess his faith
do you have a problem with other people's faith Chester?

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 395 times

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:43 am

northeastclaret wrote:
There are people on here that would prefer us to be back under the old regime, some that love the new. What I find is there are those that don’t openly Pace bash anymore, but will not support any action taken by him and the board.

Pace has rightly in my opinion shut down some media outlets having access to the inner workings of the club via employees. It’s refreshing.

It’s a much more professional club, being run by some of the most competent professionals within dept. We’re not carrying dead wood anymore…

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:44 am

aggi wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:18 am
I'd be amazed if Kompany had any shares in Burnley or ALK. The shares aren't publicly traded and it's pretty likely Kompany will have left before the club is sold so it would be difficult to realise the value of them at that point.

Having shares in Burnley whilst managing another club, particularly in the same division, would be terrible optics even if there aren't specific rules against it.
If Kompany does have shares in VSL they are perhaps more likely to be Incentive Shares via either via his role as an employee or via the service partner relationship of MUD Analytics

I have an article in the next issue of the London Clarets Magazine 'Something to write home about' (out next week - look for a copy in pubs before the game or in the new Burnley FC archive room at Burnley Central Library )that looks at what I found in Jersey about VSL and Velocity Sports Feeder Ltd together with other updates on the known ALK/VSL structure. It contains this about Incentive shares

"Notably, Incentive shares can be awarded to employees and service providers, and are retained
while service continues, though they must be returned, without cost, once that service has been
completed/terminated. It sounds like they are there to provide a bonus if dividends or other
profits are collected. Appleby Global Services, in some guise, may have held/hold such shares. As
may other entities. ‘Mission to Burnley’ appeared to show a number of such entities, providing
advisory services to the owners at a deeply engaged level. Though not identified as such, that
appeared to include MUD Analytics Limited, of whom our manager is a co-owner alongside Lee
Mooney, who featured a number of times in boardroom scenes wearing full Burnley FC staff kit
across the series."
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:45 am

Rick_Muller wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:42 am
do you have a problem with other people's faith Chester?
Put simply and clearly, No
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller mybloodisclaret Cooclaret

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2635 times
Has Liked: 6464 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:47 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:45 am
Put simply and clearly, No
then it was unnecessary to raise it :)