Should there be a designated Cocaine room in the CFS

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Re: Should there be a designated Cocaine room in the CFS

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue May 09, 2023 8:53 pm

The sooner a small ( ish) designated area is allocated beneath the stand for those partaking in “ sniff” can’t be a day too soon . Keeps them away from the bogs and out of public view . And for those who choose they can do it openly within a “ safe space “ with likeminded idiots . It might be a tad controversial but charge a small entry fee and monetise it .

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times

Post by 4midable » Tue May 09, 2023 8:56 pm

Police dogs are pointless
Same as at festivals

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2637 times
Has Liked: 6468 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue May 09, 2023 9:02 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:53 pm
The sooner a small ( ish) designated area is allocated beneath the stand for those partaking in “ sniff” can’t be a day too soon . Keeps them away from the bogs and out of public view . And for those who choose they can do it openly within a “ safe space “ with likeminded idiots . It might be a tad controversial but charge a small entry fee and monetise it .
Monetise an illegal activity… just had to log back in for that pearl of wisdom
This user liked this post: Lip

Gaia
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Gaia » Tue May 09, 2023 10:07 pm

I think sniffer dogs is the only realistic thing the police can do. A law already exists to ban people taking drugs to football grounds, it just isn't enforced much.

From sky news November 2022
Football fans caught taking, dealing or found in possession of hard drugs at matches will be banned, the Home Office has announced.

Under legislation, which will come into force next week, fans who commit Class A drug offences at games will be handed a football banning order (FBO), forbidding attendance between three and ten years, as well as getting a criminal conviction.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue May 09, 2023 10:12 pm

4midable wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:56 pm
Police dogs are pointless
Same as at festivals
Yeah they don’t work like people think -

They get overwhelmed and overstimulated with too many people about and need regular breaks.

They’re great if a policeman had a hunch and singled someone out for a proper search - like a potential dealer or something

4midable

Post by 4midable » Tue May 09, 2023 10:15 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:12 pm
Yeah they don’t work like people think -

They get overwhelmed and overstimulated with too many people about and need regular breaks.

They’re great if a policeman had a hunch and singled someone out for a proper search - like a potential dealer or something
Exactly

Creamfields for example
You just know 99% are carrying drugs into the festival. Dogs dont do anything at all. Its all for show

Same at the turf. Plenty of tackle about but nowt they can do to control it

Jellybean
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Jellybean » Tue May 09, 2023 10:28 pm

Well this revelation about sniffer dogs had left me very demoralised! So really there is no way of tackling it apart from as others have said to make it socially unacceptable, to point out that someone looks like a zombified div but then also risk getting flattened by said div!

davideyresleftear
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by davideyresleftear » Wed May 10, 2023 5:34 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:53 pm
I think you have good intentions but they can’t monetise an area that legitimises something illegal. They might as well open a brothel on the Bob Lord terrace and a stolen car chop shop near the CFS

SingaporeClarets
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by SingaporeClarets » Wed May 10, 2023 6:06 am

The wife was considering moving back to the UK at some point, showed her this thread and pointed out the number of people who think its fine to buy cocaine from organised criminal gangs as long as they use it away from public view and she's quickly parked the idea, not the kind of society she wants our children to grow up in.

The issue isn't about drug use at football but drug use across society as a whole. Maybe some posters are right, the boat has already sailed and it's too late. Clearly the inability to deal with these drug gangs with appropriate sentencing that acts as a deterrent is the root cause of the issue. The financial impact this must be having on the country will be staggering.

Feel sorry for all the law abiding citizens watching this car crash happen in slow motion. Maybe next time I return to Singapore from the UK I'll be pulled over for a random drug test (and as a Permanent Resident fully liable for criminal prosecution), not because they suspect I've been puffing the magic dragon but partaking in some of the marching powder.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 am

davideyresleftear wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 5:34 am
I think you have good intentions but they can’t monetise an area that legitimises something illegal. They might as well open a brothel on the Bob Lord terrace and a stolen car chop shop near the CFS
I think he was joking nobody can be serious about such an idea.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2637 times
Has Liked: 6468 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed May 10, 2023 6:43 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 am
I think he was joking nobody can be serious about such an idea.
The thread title and 2 and a bit pages of discussion means there’s a lot of idiots serious about this

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:55 am

SingaporeClarets wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:06 am

The issue isn't about drug use at football but drug use across society as a whole.
That maybe true, but whilst I'm sure it is prevalent across society, football is the only place I have to sit amongst it. Its very easily avoided elsewhere in my life. 4midable's stupid comment about moving stands doesn't work too well at away games either. Police need to get braver, they must see it too with all the cameras. Start collecting evidence and start picking off the individuals doing it openly or behaving over erratically for stop and search. The powers already exist to ban them.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed May 10, 2023 6:58 am

Rick_Muller wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:43 am
The thread title and 2 and a bit pages of discussion means there’s a lot of idiots serious about this
I certainly won't disagree there.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Wed May 10, 2023 7:21 am

Stanbill05 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:55 am
That maybe true, but whilst I'm sure it is prevalent across society, football is the only place I have to sit amongst it. Its very easily avoided elsewhere in my life. 4midable's stupid comment about moving stands doesn't work too well at away games either. Police need to get braver, they must see it too with all the cameras. Start collecting evidence and start picking off the individuals doing it openly or behaving over erratically for stop and search. The powers already exist to ban them.
I would be surprised if it was the only place you sit amongst it. If you're still working, people are taking it in workplaces, working mens clubs, places of worship - its not an exaggeration to say it is everywhere.

Police dogs are not much of a deterrent at large scale events. People are certainly more brazen about it the last few years.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1161 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed May 10, 2023 7:24 am

davideyresleftear wrote:
That’s the one ! Good to see more clarets on message .Throw in an opium den in the disabled block and perhaps a “ half time handjob” booth ( pre book for big games ) and it is indeed exciting times for our regenerated club .

davideyresleftear
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by davideyresleftear » Wed May 10, 2023 7:44 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:24 am
That’s the one ! Good to see more clarets on message .Throw in an opium den in the disabled block and perhaps a “ half time handjob” booth ( pre book for big games ) and it is indeed exciting times for our regenerated club .
Well Alan Pace has always said he’s looking to expand into more commercial avenues, and I’ve always thought the facilities need a bit of an upgrade.

If the HJ booth (sponsored by Oddies bakery) can be ordered via an app we’d really be modernising the club

Leon_C
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Post by Leon_C » Wed May 10, 2023 8:21 am

Is this an official BFC survey? I can just imagine it as a full page feature in the matchday programme...

4midable

Post by 4midable » Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 am

Cocaine thread has legs i see

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 am

I think the more more pertinent question is whether there should be a designated cocaine room on here so those with a more sober outlook on life can have a proper discussion...

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Wed May 10, 2023 8:41 am

I worked 20 hour shifts for 5 days at Glastonbury in my youth so im clued up
On stimulants.

Why anyone would like drugs at a football ground is beyond me.

It’s a societal problem.

When I was at uni the majority of us used to partake in some form of chemicals, but as soon as we all graduated it basically stopped. Nothing more depressing than seeing a bloke in his 30s/40s and even 50s taking cocaine

Exeterclaret
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Exeterclaret » Wed May 10, 2023 8:49 am

Inchy wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:41 am
I worked 20 hour shifts for 5 days at Glastonbury in my youth so im clued up
On stimulants.

Why anyone would like drugs at a football ground is beyond me.

It’s a societal problem.

When I was at uni the majority of us used to partake in some form of chemicals, but as soon as we all graduated it basically stopped. Nothing more depressing than seeing a bloke in his 30s/40s and even 50s taking cocaine
Would be up for a debate on decriminalisation as has worked well in other countries. Take it not many of you would be keen?

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Wed May 10, 2023 9:00 am

Exeterclaret wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:49 am
Would be up for a debate on decriminalisation as has worked well in other countries. Take it not many of you would be keen?

I think all drugs should be decriminalised. Drug dealing should still be illegal and drug taking of certain substances should still be illegal but not a criminal offence…..if that makes sense.

I think it was Portugal that went down that route with good success.

Weed should be legal and taxed. Use the income to provide greater support for those addicted to the harder drugs.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Exeterclaret
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Exeterclaret » Wed May 10, 2023 9:03 am

Inchy wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:00 am
I think all drugs should be decriminalised. Drug dealing should still be illegal and drug taking of certain substances should still be illegal but not a criminal offence…..if that makes sense.

I think it was Portugal that went down that route with good success.

Weed should be legal and taxed. Use the income to provide greater support for those addicted to the harder drugs.
Just not something any of our politicians would touch with a barge pole unfortunately.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed May 10, 2023 9:11 am

davideyresleftear wrote:
Never mind charging people to use the room, BFC should be selling the stuff in the room.
Then take say 40% from the Bob Lord Brothel and a similar percentage on the stolen cars.
We'd be quids in, we could maybe use the profits for a new PA system.
Crack on!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Gaia
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Gaia » Wed May 10, 2023 11:30 am

Weed should be decriminalised for me. Take the money away from the criminals and into the public purse. Tax it and raise billions.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18289 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed May 10, 2023 11:32 am

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:11 am
Never mind charging people to use the room, BFC should be selling the stuff in the room.
Then take say 40% from the Bob Lord Brothel and a similar percentage on the stolen cars.
We'd be quids in, we could maybe use the profits for a new PA system.
Crack on!
Post of the thread 🤣🤣🤣

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:47 am

Alan Pace should contact the police and ask that they investigate ‘prolific illegal drug use’ on my premises (Turf Moor). This is what would happen if Turf Moor was a nightclub. So what is really different?

SingaporeClarets
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by SingaporeClarets » Wed May 10, 2023 12:54 pm