Season tickets for next season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Moorite
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Season tickets for next season

Post by Moorite » Wed May 10, 2023 2:16 pm

What do you think are the chances of getting a season ticket for next season. I’ve just joined the waiting list.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Re: Season tickets for next season

Post by Bosscat » Wed May 10, 2023 2:56 pm

slim to none at the moment ... but never say never ;)

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed May 10, 2023 3:18 pm

Good for you Moorite.

I think there’s a chance some become available at some point.

Hope it works out for you, but more generally hoping we do build up a waiting list of a decent size to spur the club in to some ground a development.
These 2 users liked this post: turfytopper Moorite

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed May 10, 2023 3:34 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:18 pm
Good for you Moorite.

I think there’s a chance some become available at some point.

Hope it works out for you, but more generally hoping we do build up a waiting list of a decent size to spur the club in to some ground a development.
Where do you think these extra STs will come from? We have sold the maximum number haven't we.
Either on DD or paid up front.

I thought the waiting list would be for next year.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4108 times
Has Liked: 6591 times

Post by bobinho » Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm

Ground development? Yes, absolutely. CFS in particular needs serious work. Surprised we are allowed to use it at all considering the congestion/overcrowding/bottleneck issues experienced every week.
BL could do with a tidy up, as could the other two “new” stands.

Capacity increase? Nope. No need. It’s plenty big enough as it is….

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed May 10, 2023 3:41 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:34 pm
Where do you think these extra STs will come from? We have sold the maximum number haven't we.
Either on DD or paid up front.

I thought the waiting list would be for next year.
I’m sure a few people’s circumstances change or DDs don’t go out and they become available? Or the club might’ve held a few the club hood back for whatever reason - double bookings, etc?

But yes, agree it’s most likely for next season now. Surprised the club don’t have a link to it on social media platforms. Very good to remind fans there’s a waiting list.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed May 10, 2023 3:51 pm

bobinho wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm
Ground development? Yes, absolutely. CFS in particular needs serious work. Surprised we are allowed to use it at all considering the congestion/overcrowding/bottleneck issues experienced every week.
BL could do with a tidy up, as could the other two “new” stands.

Capacity increase? Nope. No need. It’s plenty big enough as it is….
Re: capacity, I’d disagree if we’re at the point where we have a ST waiting list and a lot of games sold out in the Championship.

I think we could add a 1-2k or so and fill it in the Prem, especially if we’re competitive and playing decent football. And that’s before considering giving more to away teams.

Although I am pretty sure there’s ways to do that without massive changes. You could add rows to the front of the CFS and BL, bring the fans closer to the pitch and add capacity.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12499 times

Post by Leisure » Wed May 10, 2023 4:13 pm

Moorite wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 2:16 pm
What do you think are the chances of getting a season ticket for next season. I’ve just joined the waiting list.
Even if you don't manage to get a ST, there'll be about 1000 home tickets available for every game.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed May 10, 2023 4:29 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:51 pm
Re: capacity, I’d disagree if we’re at the point where we have a ST waiting list and a lot of games sold out in the Championship.

I think we could add a 1-2k or so and fill it in the Prem, especially if we’re competitive and playing decent football. And that’s before considering giving more to away teams.

Although I am pretty sure there’s ways to do that without massive changes. You could add rows to the front of the CFS and BL, bring the fans closer to the pitch and add capacity.
Trouble is in order to increase the capacity we’d have to temporarily decrease the capacity while a new stand was built. That was straight forward in the mid 90s when the ‘new’ stands were built as there was still room for everyone who wanted to attend. Becomes more difficult when you’re getting full houses most weeks.

Flixtonclaret1
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by Flixtonclaret1 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:29 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:51 pm

Objection your honour …. I’m already on the front row 😂
These 2 users liked this post: Wokingclaret NewClaret