Harry and Megan car chase

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Re: Harry and Megan car chase

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri May 19, 2023 8:23 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
…..for whom H used to be an absolute racist…. Nazi
So what you are saying is that there are “lefties” who now worship Harry but previously thought he was a racist (before he married a blacks person) and a Nazi because of a fancy dress party ?

It’s a strange theory - maybe stick to writing those romantic novels eh.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Fri May 19, 2023 8:55 am

Lefties love them now they are the Royal couple of Woke.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri May 19, 2023 8:57 am

It's so wild how people can tell themselves lies about lefties isn't it
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri May 19, 2023 9:10 am

HahaYeah wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 8:55 am
Lefties love them now they are the Royal couple of Woke.
Do they ?
All ‘lefties’ ?……or just a few ? Maybe give us some examples / names.

Why do you think they are woke btw ?

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Fri May 19, 2023 9:11 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:10 am
Do they ?
All ‘lefties’ ?……or just a few ? Maybe give us some examples / names.

Why do you think they are woke btw ?
Plenty on this thread and why do you think they are not Woke?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri May 19, 2023 9:17 am

HahaYeah wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:11 am
What does woke mean mate?

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri May 19, 2023 9:18 am

HahaYeah wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:11 am
That will be even easier for you to name those lefties on this thread who love them then.
It’s not that hard - you made the claim so just point them out.

Unlike you I have never commented on their wokeness.
You obviously think they are woke so again it should be pretty easy for you to say why and what they do that you object to.

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 am

And here we go again, tittle tattling and ruining a thread :roll:

Benson
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Benson » Fri May 19, 2023 10:22 am

agreenwood wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 12:24 pm
I quite like em. They trigger a right load of nobheads.
Indifferent to ‘em, but must congratulate you on having a keep net full of “likes” from a right load of nobheads.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Fri May 19, 2023 11:01 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:17 am
I've answered this question at least twice on here. Why do people keep asking this question? I'm going to have to start bookmarking these definitions for you.

"Woke" is a term that left wing / US "liberal" political campaigners invented to self describe themselves as being 'awoken' to injustices based upon race and other forms of social injustice.

It focuses and judges people primarily (and sometimes exclusively) on characteristics such as race, sexuality, gender, religion etc because it believes that societal injustice revolves around unfair discrimination based these factors. Accordingly, it promotes judgement based on these characteristics ahead of judgement based on characteristics such as "content of character", actions, beliefs, intelligence, ability, skill etc.

"Woke" has many similarities to the idea of "intersectionality". One of the main focuses here is the disparity in equality of outcomes in society. The "woke" doctrine here suggests that the reason for these disparities is because of hidden or 'institutionalized' racism/prejudice. Because disparities of outcome still exist in societies which have had strong equality legislation in place (often for generations) the "woke" doctrine purports that it is no longer acceptable simply to maintain equality of opportunity; equality of outcome must be achieved. This can be seen particularly in the USA now where the word "equality" is being replaced with "equity" to distinguish between equality of outcome and equality of opportunity.

The term "woke" quickly gained a perjorative connotation when it became a widely insult used by opponents who mocked these ideas. However, it must be noted that many of the ideas and concepts of what may be described as "woke" have found their way into public institutions.

For reference, here is the account that first drew my attention to the word. I found the idea and concepts so unusual and bizarre that I bookmarked it at the time.

https://twitter.com/WokeMuslima

Interetsingly, the account self describes as "Americana, Muslima, Latina, Bisexual" and labels itself as "woke" in 2017 but isn't being updated by 2019. I think this reflects how quickly the term became perjorative.

Now, here's the trick: I think it's about a thousand times easier to know what a word means than it is to write a definition of a word. Being a lexicographor is, to paraphrase Dr. Johnson, drudgery. I think people who ask for a definition of the word are being ingenuous. I think they're using it as a way to try and shut down debate, knowing this trick.

I'm happy to keep providing my own, imperfect, definitions though and I'll be bookmarking them from now on so that you can have a compilation of definitions. This is at least the third time I've provided a definition of the term on here. I suspect that the same poster may have had more than one definition provided to them.

Of course, if you genuinely wanted to know what the term meant and were looking for a definition you could have just googled it.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri May 19, 2023 11:02 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:17 am
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri May 19, 2023 11:17 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:01 am
I've answered this question at least twice on here. Why do people keep asking this question? I'm going to have to start bookmarking these definitions for you.

"Woke" is a term that left wing / US "liberal" political campaigners invented to self describe themselves as being 'awoken' to injustices based upon race and other forms of social injustice.

It focuses and judges people primarily (and sometimes exclusively) on characteristics such as race, sexuality, gender, religion etc because it believes that societal injustice revolves around unfair discrimination based these factors. Accordingly, it promotes judgement based on these characteristics ahead of judgement based on characteristics such as "content of character", actions, beliefs, intelligence, ability, skill etc.

"Woke" has many similarities to the idea of "intersectionality". One of the main focuses here is the disparity in equality of outcomes in society. The "woke" doctrine here suggests that the reason for these disparities is because of hidden or 'institutionalized' racism/prejudice. Because disparities of outcome still exist in societies which have had strong equality legislation in place (often for generations) the "woke" doctrine purports that it is no longer acceptable simply to maintain equality of opportunity; equality of outcome must be achieved. This can be seen particularly in the USA now where the word "equality" is being replaced with "equity" to distinguish between equality of outcome and equality of opportunity.

The term "woke" quickly gained a perjorative connotation when it became a widely insult used by opponents who mocked these ideas. However, it must be noted that many of the ideas and concepts of what may be described as "woke" have found their way into public institutions.

For reference, here is the account that first drew my attention to the word. I found the idea and concepts so unusual and bizarre that I bookmarked it at the time.

https://twitter.com/WokeMuslima

Interetsingly, the account self describes as "Americana, Muslima, Latina, Bisexual" and labels itself as "woke" in 2017 but isn't being updated by 2019. I think this reflects how quickly the term became perjorative.

Now, here's the trick: I think it's about a thousand times easier to know what a word means than it is to write a definition of a word. Being a lexicographor is, to paraphrase Dr. Johnson, drudgery. I think people who ask for a definition of the word are being ingenuous. I think they're using it as a way to try and shut down debate, knowing this trick.

I'm happy to keep providing my own, imperfect, definitions though and I'll be bookmarking them from now on so that you can have a compilation of definitions. This is at least the third time I've provided a definition of the term on here. I suspect that the same poster may have had more than one definition provided to them.

Of course, if you genuinely wanted to know what the term meant and were looking for a definition you could have just googled it.
You’d know all about being disingenuous Rowls.
The context of the question on here (as you well know) is what the poster who mentioned the term woke understood it to mean. We all know the poster was using it in a derogatory way so it is interesting to know why he believes them to be woke and what exactly he objects to.

I get people not liking H & M for this privacy versus courting publicity stuff - personally I cannot get excited either way. I have very little or no interest whatsoever in them or their lives but do admit to being humoured as to seeing how it always triggers the same old stereotype views on this board. And one of those views that invariably comes out on here is “the woke lefties love em” bullish-it. Because it’s complete and utter boll-ocks and when asked to explain or justify these types of comments I have never seen anything that makes any sense.
I am not saying that is you btw - all you are doing is trying to trigger a different debate knowing full well that is not why the question was ever asked in the first place !
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri May 19, 2023 11:31 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:17 am
... We all know the poster was using it in a derogatory way so it is interesting to know why he believes them to be woke and what exactly he objects to.
If that's the case then bordeaux should have asked, "what do you object to about their actions?" or something similar. And besides, wouldn't it be best if bordeaux spoke for himself? You and I are both second guessing here.
Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:17 am
all you are doing is trying to trigger a different debate knowing full well that is not why the question was ever asked in the first place !
No, I'm just fed up of seeing this "What is woke?" faux naif approach to shutting down debate.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri May 19, 2023 11:51 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:31 am
If that's the case then bordeaux should have asked, "what do you object to about their actions?" or something similar. And besides, wouldn't it be best if bordeaux spoke for himself? You and I are both second guessing here.

No, I'm just fed up of seeing this "What is woke?" faux naif approach to shutting down debate.
I’m not speaking for Bordeaux at all - but it does not take a genius to understand what he meant (and again you know this full well)

It’s not trying to shut down debate either. It’s calling out someone who has literally made something up and trying to find out exactly why he believes them to be woke and why he objects to this…..that does not shut down debate it continues it surely ?

Given you have a very detailed understanding of the term and to get back to the subject of the OP do you believe that firstly “all lefties love” H & M and do you also think they are woke ? (And if you do is there something specific you object to about this ?)

As I have said already I have no idea why people muddy a debate about H & M (of which I have no interest) with introducing left wing or woke insults….but I 100% knew that this thread would attract these views and it was not hard to predict the posters either. Neither was it hard to predict that when challenged as to what they mean or object to you are branded as “loving” H & M, being a leftie and being woke……tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever ?
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri May 19, 2023 11:55 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:51 am
Bordeaux asked for a definition, bordeaux was given a definition.

That's all I'm bothered about, even if that's not what he truly wanted.

All the best Big Vinny! :)

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri May 19, 2023 2:01 pm

When I see the contributors to any thread involving "What is woke" I just can't help thinking of Colin from Portsmouth

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri May 19, 2023 2:27 pm

Love to the family.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri May 19, 2023 3:18 pm

Rowls wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:55 am
Bordeaux asked for a definition, bordeaux was given a definition.

That's all I'm bothered about, even if that's not what he truly wanted.

All the best Big Vinny! :)
He didn’t ask for a definition from you though did he Rowls ?

And nope that’s not all you are bothered about is it ? I’m pretty sure you were not playing a good citizen Suzie Dent role by enlightening the board from your Rees Mogg Dictionary.

The motive behind your post was that you do not like people stopping a debate by asking someone what they mean by woke or what they object to.

And it’s not really that hard to read between the lines as to why.

All the best Rowls xx

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri May 19, 2023 7:21 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 8:23 am
So what you are saying is that there are “lefties” who now worship Harry but previously thought he was a racist (before he married a blacks person) and a Nazi because of a fancy dress party ?

It’s a strange theory - maybe stick to writing those romantic novels eh.
I presume you mean “ a person of colour” ? If you’re gonna be imply offence at least have the respect not to call MM a “blacks” person . Though quite where you got your ludicrous theory from I’ve no idea . And , if you seriously believe that the left ( and others tbf) didn’t utterly roast Harry as the Royal Bogeyman for yrs, well that’s your choice .

As I mentioned I’ve always thought HW was a decentish sort , the first Princes to enter the real world etc . That his mrs comes across as a controlling narcissist is simply my personal viewpoint.