Parking Charge - Asda Burnley

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 578 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Re: Parking Charge - Asda Burnley

Post by Clovius Boofus » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:56 pm

They most likely wouldn't even get to the end of the email before pressing delete. Just don't go anywhere near Asda again. Spend your money elsewhere.

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:36 pm

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:56 pm
They most likely wouldn't even get to the end of the email before pressing delete. Just don't go anywhere near Asda again. Spend your money elsewhere.
unfortunately this.

even if i knew how to get in touch with lord rose i'm certain that a thousand more have tried and failed before me.

i can't even find the email of the general manager of shipley asda.

anyway morrisons sells ox liver.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1052 times
Has Liked: 556 times

Post by Fretters » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:07 pm

beddie wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:37 pm
yTib.

I’d have to reply to that I’m afraid and I’d send a copy to Stuart Rose - Chairman at Asda. I’d send them a bill of costs for letters/ emails attendance in person adding that if it’s not paid within 7 days interest of 8% will be added plus a daily rate, plus Court Costs at the point of issue. I appreciate its Parking Eye that the disputes with but it’s surprising how large Company’s do not like bad publicity.
That happened once, didn't it? A bloke started invoicing the parking company who just ignored him, so he took them to court and they had to pay his invoices.

I'm absolutely sure this happened, but can't find the story anywhere! It might have been a firm that was cold calling him, actually.

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 578 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:12 pm

Pardon the pun, but the cold-calling thing rings a bell.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:33 pm

ASDA is owned by 2 blokes from Blackburn, it's not surprising they're stinging Clarets for parking! 🚗🎫😯

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8540 times
Has Liked: 18290 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:35 pm

No Ney Never wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:33 pm
ASDA Issa owned by 2 blokes from Blackburn, Issa not surprising they're stinging Clarets for parking! 🚗🎫😯
Have edited it for you 😉

atlantalad
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:03 am

Wonder if some legal guru’s on here can explain the significance of terms in yTibs letter from Parkingeye.

The letter expressly states ‘Parking Charge’ and Parking Charge Notice’ as opposed to parking fine. Is there a legal significance in using the term ‘charge’ rather than ‘fine’?

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:13 am

Not anymore, try a site with pepipoo or legal beagals for advice.

however, unpaid car fines, invoices whatever you want to call them can result in a CCJ, there have been several trail cases where the parking companies have won and thus precedence set.

the advice a few years back, was to ignore them and they'll get bored. its certainly not the case now, you're better off appealing it using some of the templates available on the internet.

obviously not all will result in CCJ, but if they decide to take you to court, they'll likely win

Fretters
Been Liked: 1052 times
Has Liked: 556 times

Post by Fretters » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:56 pm

In December my wife ordered from a McDonald's on her way home from Sheffield and ate it whilst parked on the car park. However, she was unwittingly on the car park of a carvery next door and left after 15 minutes. Because she didn't enter the carvery she obviously didn't tap her reg into their system, so was hit by a £100 charge, reduced to £60 if paid straight away. That's £240 an hour to park in a car park that was totally deserted, apart from her.

I rang the carvery and they told me I could only get out of it if we provided a receipt for a purchase, something we obviously didn't have.

So, a quick use of a PDF editor on my bank statement later and result, the charge has been cancelled. .

Just sharing in case it helps anyone. Took me two minutes.