Question re home match tickets for this season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Question re home match tickets for this season

Post by Stalbansclaret » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:12 pm

From the club website :

On sale dates for 2023/24 Premier League home tickets

Monday 22nd June at midday - match by match Hospitality tickets on sale.

Monday 3rd July at 10am - general admission tickets on sale to those with a Clarets Premium membership. Up to four tickets per fixture can be purchased per membership holder.

Tuesday 4th July at 10am - any remaining tickets on sale to those with a Clarets membership. Up to two tickets per fixture can be purchased per membership holder.

Monday 10th July at 10am - any remaining tickets on sale to 2023/24 season ticket holders that would like to purchase an additional ticket. Up to two tickets can be purchased per fixture.

Monday 17th July at 10am - any remaining tickets to go on general sale.

I am a ST holder but will be desperate to buy a couple of extra tickets for certain games when my kids can make it up to Burnley. So can I buy a £35 membership , on top of me being an existing ST holder , given that this appears to give me a 6-day headstart to buy tickets ?

Reckoner
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Question re home match tickets for this season

Post by Reckoner » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:28 pm

I cant see that being an issue. Or you could buy the membership in one of your kids' names and then you have a possibility of 4 tickets - 2 through the membership and two through the ST a bit later.

Stalbansclaret

Post by Stalbansclaret » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:38 pm

Yes…. Had had that thought. The essence of my query is whether Im thinking right about this and whether it’s correct that a ST holder might buy a membership to take advantage of the priority period (6 days in this case which could def make the difference for being able to get extra tickets for high demand games like Liverpool on Boxibg Day). Does the club expect ST holders to also become members ?

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 4midable » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 pm

We wont sell out every game so youl be fine

Reckoner

Post by Reckoner » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:21 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:38 pm
Yes…. Had had that thought. The essence of my query is whether Im thinking right about this and whether it’s correct that a ST holder might buy a membership to take advantage of the priority period (6 days in this case which could def make the difference for being able to get extra tickets for high demand games like Liverpool on Boxibg Day). Does the club expect ST holders to also become members ?
I think you are right it would give you an extra 6 days priority for more home tickets but definitely worth checking. I don't think the club will care that you already have a ST, its primarily an attempt to make more money so they will take it where they can. I wouldn't have thought many ST holders would also join as a member, particularly as any seats that are available are unlikely to be that close to your seat.

Stalbansclaret

Post by Stalbansclaret » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:18 pm

4midable wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 pm
We wont sell out every game so youl be fine
True no doubt but we will most definitely sell out v Liverpool on Boxing Day, for instance, and this is a game which my kids will be able to attend.

uni_queue
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by uni_queue » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:30 pm

If you want a match by match hospitality ticket - next monday isnt the 22nd - its the 19th!!
The 22nd of June is Thursday .............. just to make it straightforward
This user liked this post: Leisure

Mixedkompany
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by Mixedkompany » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:36 pm

On the basis of the OP my situation is ;

I’m not a ST holder as I live in Portugal.
Would I have to wait until 17th July to buy 2 tickets v Aston Villa @ home on Sat 26th August?
Or alternatively get some form of membership to purchase them earlier ?

Thanks……

Reckoner

Post by Reckoner » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:42 pm

Seems a bit weird that you would only have a priority window in July for all home games over the season particularly when you don't know which will get moved. I would have presumed there is a rolling priority window so you ate least know the date and time of the games before you buy tickets.
This user liked this post: colner

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3195 times
Has Liked: 1875 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:13 pm

Mixedkompany wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:36 pm
On the basis of the OP my situation is ;

I’m not a ST holder as I live in Portugal.
Would I have to wait until 17th July to buy 2 tickets v Aston Villa @ home on Sat 26th August?
Or alternatively get some form of membership to purchase them earlier ?

Thanks……
I believe that is correct.

Unless you become a member, you would have to wait until 17th July

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:26 pm

Will hopefully stop a lot of away fans in home ends. That is one positive of the membership.

ClaretinJapan
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by ClaretinJapan » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:56 pm

Anyone know around how much the cheapest hospitality ticket is likely to be and which stand?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2637 times
Has Liked: 6468 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:43 am

ClaretinJapan wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:56 pm
Anyone know around how much the cheapest hospitality ticket is likely to be and which stand?
All the detail here https://burnleyfchospitality.seatunique.com/

ClaretinJapan
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by ClaretinJapan » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:08 am

Rick_Muller wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:43 am
All the detail here https://burnleyfchospitality.seatunique.com/
Thanks RM.

Doesn't seem too bad for the "less glamorous games" but I won't be in the UK then.

Do they still let people on for free for the last half an hour?

colner
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by colner » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:12 pm

Reckoner wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:42 pm
Seems a bit weird that you would only have a priority window in July for all home games over the season particularly when you don't know which will get moved. I would have presumed there is a rolling priority window so you ate least know the date and time of the games before you buy tickets.
Surely the club arent going to put ALL home ticket matches on sale in July? Truly bonkers if so,its not as though they will all be played on a Saturday at 3 is it? Anyone know if its definitely the case?

Ightenhill_Claret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Ightenhill_Claret » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:29 pm

I think they'll probably put a certain number of fixtures on sale in July - again, a little more care needed when it comes to how the club communicate these things. The banner is just a tad confusing.

As colner says it would be bonkers to put ALL fixtures (when the vast majority are liable to change for TV/European progression of the opposition etc.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:36 pm

Reckoner wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:42 pm
Very clever to get a load of cash in early when interest rates are going so high, can be a decent added return for the club by investing it until needed (or paying down debt or whatever).

So it is a bit of a win win - the fans get certainty they have bought their tickets, the club benefits too and fewer infiltrating away fans.

I suppose the losers are those who cannot yet commit or afford it.

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Tinribs » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:44 pm

I was wondering if they will be doing as they did for the last game of the season,where season ticket holders who couldn’t attend could offer their seats back to the club which were then re sold,I’m looking at holidaying abroad over Christmas so I couldn’t attend the 2 Christmas home games if I did.

RickyBobby
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by RickyBobby » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:48 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:26 pm
Will hopefully stop a lot of away fans in home ends. That is one positive of the membership.
The hospitality area at the back of the jimmy mac lower will still be full of away fans. Been that way for years. Even last season they were at least some in most games. Not seen anything major happen yet other then words being said but I can certainly see a skirmish happening in there at some point. I don’t think stopping away fans getting into the home ends is the reason for the membership idea, the club don’t care who is in the ground as long as they are making as much as possible.

Raconteur
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by Raconteur » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:12 pm
From the club website

Monday 10th July at 10am - any remaining tickets on sale to 2023/24 season ticket holders that would like to purchase an additional ticket. Up to two tickets can be purchased per fixture.

Monday 17th July at 10am - any remaining tickets to go on general sale.
Bl**dy hell. I have only just noticed this. So us Season ticket holders have the chance to purchase 2 extra tickets each before they go on general sale.
I can see some very unhappy walk ons next season, especially if they don't purchase a membership or know a season ticket holder who will purchase them a ticket.

I would be surprised if the Man City game goes on general sale.
My advice would be to get a membership or try to make friends with a season ticket holder.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:25 pm

RickyBobby wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:48 pm
The hospitality area at the back of the jimmy mac lower will still be full of away fans. Been that way for years. Even last season they were at least some in most games. Not seen anything major happen yet other then words being said but I can certainly see a skirmish happening in there at some point. I don’t think stopping away fans getting into the home ends is the reason for the membership idea, the club don’t care who is in the ground as long as they are making as much as possible.
I sit on the back row of the non-premium JML seats and it always amuses me that they sell tickets to away fans to sit directly behind us. Then I look opposite me and see several empty rows and lines of police and stewards separating home/away fans.

There was no bother last season, but we were top of the league and flying so any away fans didn't have much to shout about anyway. The season before there were verbals on a few occasions. I've e-mailed the club about it in the past, but they weren't the least bit bothered.

DefourFiveSix
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by DefourFiveSix » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:10 pm

I'll be over from the US and wanted to go to the City game. So if I pay for the £40 for the "Clarets Membership International", that might be the only way to guarantee I can get x2 tickets on 4th July?
Basically, you risk missing out if you don't get the membership for big games like this?

bigdavethemaddog
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:44 pm

colner wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:12 pm
Surely the club arent going to put ALL home ticket matches on sale in July? Truly bonkers if so,its not as though they will all be played on a Saturday at 3 is it? Anyone know if its definitely the case?
last year they put them all on sale apart from the Blackburn game which went on sale once police had sorted stuff out