Weghorst Reception

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Re: Weghorst Reception

Post by Robbie_painter » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:25 am

A thread about wout weghorst has now been turned into an anti brexit racist conspiracy theorist thread.Mental.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:28 am

I Think the Buy Large Mansions crowd started it.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:36 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:53 am
Fully agree -

I can only put it down to the ‘local town for local people’ sort of types that have barely left the BB postcode.

Same type that try and ostracise people and think that they’re ‘weird’ for not daring to live up to the lazy stereotype of what someone from a town in the north of England should be.
I don't even know if it's that - I for one always felt our 'unfashionable' old-fashioned image under Dyche had real marketing potential precisely for our image of a club with traditional values, if we'd played up the positive traditional associations - local community focus, homegrown player development, honest, hard but fair football, hard work and a sense of distinct identity and character compared to a lot of homogeneous clubs.

I think there's just people who take dislikes to players, or managers even, and need a scapegoat. Human nature really people usually don't want to be proven wrong and argue for what they want to be true- rather than arguing a null hypothesis/hoping to be proven wrong. I'm a football pessimist, so often want to be wrong and I've been proven wrong plenty especially in the last year. I'll admit Weghorst is one I want to be right on as I've followed him since the Bundesliga and always rated him, but I can't understand wanting to be right about a negative prediction.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1189 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:51 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:10 am
Yes, and even though the Premier League dropped BLM very soon and used the term , 'against all forms of discrimination', some people continued to ignore that change as it suited their very questionable agenda. This subject, Weghorst Reception, should probably be locked now to give everyone an opportunity to move on. Let's give the lad a chance. Let's unite behind every player at the club and make every opponent ' the enemy'. VK did ask the fans to make Turf Moor a difficult place for visiting teams. Booing our own player doesn't do that. It will probably have our opponents laughing at us.
The only thing that is questionable is the lack of sincere synergy between words & actions not matching up, if a group of people claimed to me that they wanted to promote/advance a form of rightwing ideology & in order to transmit that message a gesture of an inaudible heil Hitler salute would be carried out prior to the commencement of sporting events & dismissed any connection to Nazism, I'd be extremely sceptical & it's something I wouldn't want to buy into or have anything to do with.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1187 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:54 am

Robbie_painter wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:25 am
A thread about wout weghorst has now been turned into an anti brexit racist conspiracy theorist thread.Mental.
We've had Brexit and Nazi's mentioned so far. I'm only short of Tories, Donald Trump and Andrew Tate and I've got house. :lol:
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:11 pm

Thanks Jakubclaret, I knew I could depend on you. I rest my case.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:12 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:11 pm
Thanks Jakubclaret, I knew I could depend on you. I rest my case.
You are welcome & I appreciate the constructive reply to my post

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10261 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:17 pm

:lol:

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:22 pm

I think if we continued to and fro, we would have some complaints so I'm trying not to fall into that trap, but thanks for the very sincere compliment.

Bullabill
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Bullabill » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:39 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:51 am
The only thing that is questionable is the lack of sincere synergy between words & actions not matching up, if a group of people claimed to me that they wanted to promote/advance a form of rightwing ideology & in order to transmit that message a gesture of an inaudible heil Hitler salute would be carried out prior to the commencement of sporting events & dismissed any connection to Nazism, I'd be extremely sceptical & it's something I wouldn't want to buy into or have anything to do with.
I didn't think you could get much worse, but, in a single sentence, you've proved me wrong.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret evensteadiereddie

bobinho
Been Liked: 4110 times
Has Liked: 6593 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:43 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:25 am
Isn’t it amazing how conversations can just develop and deviate like that?
Glad it doesn’t happen like that in the pub - be carnage.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:44 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:43 pm
Isn’t it amazing how conversations can just develop and deviate like that?
Glad it doesn’t happen like that in the pub - be carnage.
News to anyone who has been in a pub conversation that they never deviate and develop I'd have thought

And I feel like I need to point this out, it was one of your lot that started it with a ludicrously silly post

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:53 pm

Godwins law…

Worth mentioning that JakubClaret is not a serious person, like at all.. it should be pretty evident now.

I thought he was just a bit of a nutter at first but was good value to have a read and laugh at but he’s just a wind up merchant.

Deliberately spouts complete and utter drivel, I don’t know why he bothers

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:13 pm

Nothing more bonkers than supporting the next thing the TV tells you to support and calling others far right for not playing along.

Maybe Wout Weghorst is glad that the pressure is off a bit now fans started arguing about boiled eggs and Nazis.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:13 pm
Nothing more bonkers than supporting the next thing the TV tells you to support and calling others far right for not playing along.

Maybe Wout Weghorst is glad that the pressure is off a bit now fans started arguing about boiled eggs and Nazis.
There is a huge difference between selectively researching stuff for yourself and searching for stuff that only suits your agenda and opinions on stuff

You see it on here all the time unfortunately and its pretty frustrating

The most recent example being someone claiming something that wasn't true pre-2016, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and still claiming it is in 2023

Thats not someone who is interested in the truth unfortunately, all they are interested in is stuff that backs up their very strongly held pre-conceived opinion

That is really bad news because it allows governments/organisations/whoever to essentially get away with what ever they want, secure in the knowledge that the support base doesn't care as long as their prejudices are being met

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:23 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:44 pm
News to anyone who has been in a pub conversation that they never deviate and develop I'd have thought

And I feel like I need to point this out, it was one of your lot that started it with a ludicrously silly post
Makes a change from you banging that drum….

Anyway. “One of your lot”? means what exactly? 🤔
Not very inclusive that statement is it?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:23 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:13 pm
Apologies, I ought to tune into InfoWars, Russell Brand & David Icke to properly be informed* about the news & current affairs.

*grifted

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:29 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:23 pm
Makes a change from you banging that drum….

Anyway. “One of your lot”? means what exactly? 🤔
Not very inclusive that statement is it?
Hey, I've no problem with you, er "banging that drum" bobinho, I just wish you'd try to pretend that you are interested in the reality of it

How do you think your decision is going?

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:03 pm

I think the decision is being managed very poorly. I also think there are too many people with a vested interested in the whole thing failing rather than actually trying their level best to make it a success.

Without doubt, it could be considerably better.

Anyway, in light of CT’s recent post about this board being a platform for cohesion and harmony, I declare I fully support your views on Weghorst. I also wholeheartedly agree with those who think those that are booing a Burnley player whilst he’s on the pitch representing our club is utterly bizarre.
I’d also like to suggest that I think it would be a very good idea if the manager and players helped pour some water on this…(a bit like Bens statement after the plane incident at the etihad, but maybe not quite as intensely as Ben delivered the message) it can’t have escaped their notice.

I’m just gonna stick to the subject title from now on. 🤔😉👍🏻
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Darnhill Claret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:05 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:03 pm
I think the decision is being managed very poorly. I also think there are too many people with a vested interested in the whole thing failing rather than actually trying their level best to make it a success.

Without doubt, it could be considerably better.

Anyway, in light of CT’s recent post about this board being a platform for cohesion and harmony, I declare I fully support your views on Weghorst. I also wholeheartedly agree with those who think those that are booing a Burnley player whilst he’s on the pitch representing our club is utterly bizarre.
I’d also like to suggest that I think it would be a very good idea if the manager and players helped pour some water on this…(a bit like Bens statement after the plane incident at the etihad, but maybe not quite as intensely as Ben delivered the message) it can’t have escaped their notice.

I’m just gonna stick to the subject title from now on. 🤔😉👍🏻
A very good idea! I think I will join you!
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 578 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:18 pm

What. A. Thread.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:22 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:03 pm
And which people would they be?

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:00 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:22 pm
And which people would they be?
Ha ha!!! Trying to catch me out I see. Good try you magnificent defender you….

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6775 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:08 pm

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:18 pm
What. A. Thread.
Or as my grand daughter would put it: "W.T.A.F." :D

JohnMcGreal

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:55 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:00 pm
Ha ha!!! Trying to catch me out I see. Good try you magnificent defender you….
;)

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:43 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:23 pm
Apologies, I ought to tune into InfoWars, Russell Brand & David Icke to properly be informed* about the news & current affairs.

*grifted
Of course not. But it proves that nowadays we need alot of discernment if you realise that even the opposition is controlled. Why do you think they allow these guys to have a platform? They say some things everyone would agree with and then mix it up with absurdities.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:55 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:18 pm
There is a huge difference between selectively researching stuff for yourself and searching for stuff that only suits your agenda and opinions on stuff

You see it on here all the time unfortunately and its pretty frustrating

The most recent example being someone claiming something that wasn't true pre-2016, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and still claiming it is in 2023

Thats not someone who is interested in the truth unfortunately, all they are interested in is stuff that backs up their very strongly held pre-conceived opinion

That is really bad news because it allows governments/organisations/whoever to essentially get away with what ever they want, secure in the knowledge that the support base doesn't care as long as their prejudices are being met
The fact that you say that shows you haven't researched anything. Worse than that you think that searching for your own information is what a crazy conspiracist would do.

Talking about an agenda... You think civilians have an agenda? Talk about agenda 2030 and what it really means.

Have you heard of 15 minute cities? They are going to rub the climate change and equality in your face so badly that you would give up everything to live in a sick communist regime. If only they could make you feel like it's for your own best interests.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:59 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:53 pm
Godwins law…

Worth mentioning that JakubClaret is not a serious person, like at all.. it should be pretty evident now.

I thought he was just a bit of a nutter at first but was good value to have a read and laugh at but he’s just a wind up merchant.

Deliberately spouts complete and utter drivel, I don’t know why he bothers
Unfortunately I think he is a serious person - it would be better if he was just a wind up merchant.
He posted an awful homophobic comment earlier this week - which I reported and the mods removed. Before it was removed he laughed it off as “it’s called a sense of humour”.
I’m not sure what it takes for him to be permanently banned…..the guy is an absolute moron.
If he denies posting this I took a screenshot and will post it on this thread and we can see who exactly shares his “sense of humour”.

Venkys4eva
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by Venkys4eva » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:11 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:59 am
Unfortunately I think he is a serious person - it would be better if he was just a wind up merchant.
He posted an awful homophobic comment earlier this week - which I reported and the mods removed. Before it was removed he laughed it off as “it’s called a sense of humour”.
I’m not sure what it takes for him to be permanently banned…..the guy is an absolute moron.
If he denies posting this I took a screenshot and will post it on this thread and we can see who exactly shares his “sense of humour”.
You took a screenshot? Are people so sad they do this kind of thing?

JohnMcGreal

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:28 am

Anthonini wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:55 am
The fact that you say that shows you haven't researched anything. Worse than that you think that searching for your own information is what a crazy conspiracist would do.

Talking about an agenda... You think civilians have an agenda? Talk about agenda 2030 and what it really means.

Have you heard of 15 minute cities? They are going to rub the climate change and equality in your face so badly that you would give up everything to live in a sick communist regime. If only they could make you feel like it's for your own best interests.
Who are 'they'?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:29 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:59 am
It was intended as a joke with no sense of homophobia intended, by all means dredge it up if it makes your day.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 3194 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:13 am

The world's falling apart........its Weghorst's fault!

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:13 am

Where was Weghorst vs Betis btw? Was he injured?

Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Robbie_painter » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:17 am

Venkys4eva wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:11 am
Be careful you wouldn’t want him screenshooting your comment

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:20 am

I doubt he has a screenshot,no one is that sad.

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:21 am

Anthonini wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:13 am
Where was Weghorst vs Betis btw? Was he injured?
Weggie was on the bench,some were speculating that it's over for him now.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:31 am

Venkys4eva wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:11 am
The thing is I would have retracted/deleted the post if I thought the post caused offence without the mods intervention, it's no surprise within itself a big deal from a certain posters been made from something that was intended as a joke.

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:38 am

Anthonini wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:55 am

The 15 minute cities protesters are really bizarre. Which is helpful in many ways as it emphasises what a good idea they are when those loons are the ones against them.

But, most importantly, what does Weghorst's body language tell you his views on 15 minute cities are?
This user liked this post: Exeterclaret

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:43 am

I hope he stays and proves a few wrong if VK can utilise him.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:05 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:31 am
The thing is I would have retracted/deleted the post if I thought the post caused offence without the mods intervention, it's no surprise within itself a big deal from a certain posters been made from something that was intended as a joke.
“Certain posters” ?

Which posters exactly - other than you - do you think would agree that it’s ok or funny for you to say :

“Bum bandits go up back alleys”

And when have you retracted or deleted anything ? This board is full of your moronic sh-ite.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:08 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:05 am
“Certain posters” ?

Which posters exactly - other than you - do you think would agree that it’s ok or funny for you to say :

“Bum bandits go up back alleys”

And when have you retracted or deleted anything ? This board is full of your moronic sh-ite.
If it's so offensive, why are you repeating it? Just let it drop it's boring, you report something & it's removed & then you decide to put it back up again. It's not homophobic anyway because heterosexuals indulge.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:15 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:08 am
It's not homophobic anyway because heterosexuals indulge.
And there we are

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:16 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:15 am
And there we are
Is it true or false?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:40 am

God this place is full of scumbags.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:42 am

Sadly it looks as though certain posters are deliberately trying to shut down this thread with increasingly extreme posts.
Edit: Not aimed at you Riley
Last edited by nil_desperandum on Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venkys4eva

Post by Venkys4eva » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:42 am
Sadly it looks as though certain posters are deliberately trying to shut down this thread with increasingly extreme posts.
Totally agree, no need to call people a 'scumbag' for having a different opinion.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:45 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:42 am
1 poster created the catalyst for this particular subject by jumping from 1 thread to another & even posting a post what he had specifically requested for to be removed, I suggest look no further.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1446 times

Post by Pearcey » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:47 am

Given Weghorst came back much later than the rest of the squad, it’s hardly surprising that he isn’t playing every game.

While I think he’ll move on, I wouldn’t mind if he stayed as he gives us a different option.

Venkys4eva

Post by Venkys4eva » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:48 am

Pearcey wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:47 am
Given Weghorst came back much later than the rest of the squad, it’s hardly surprising that he isn’t playing every game.

While I think he’ll move on, I wouldn’t mind if he stayed as he gives us a different option.
Did you post this on the correct thread :lol:

I don't mind if he stays or goes. At the end of the day its VK's decision and thats good enough for me.
This user liked this post: Pearcey