For attention of RoperClaret

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
rayzer
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Re: For attention of RoperClaret

Post by rayzer » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:15 pm

Mick, your face looks familiar and you mention going to the 110 club. Did you used to frequent the 110 club in the 70s and 80s?

BurnleyMickSouth
Been Liked: 297 times

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:43 am

Hi Razer, yes i used to go to the 110 in the 7os n 80s, also the rose n thisle next door, do you know me then?, more to it do i know you lol. :lol: :shock:

rayzer

Post by rayzer » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:25 pm

I used to work behind the bar with a woman called Joyce. Terry Long was the steward. I knew I knew you.

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:31 pm

rayzer wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:25 pm
I used to work behind the bar with a woman called Joyce. Terry Long was the steward. I knew I knew you.
Terry Long was quite a character

rayzer

Post by rayzer » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:28 pm

You're probably thinking of young Terry. He was quite a character and a good friend of mine. RIP.

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:17 pm

I’m thinking of old Terry I suspect, married to Elsie?

rayzer

Post by rayzer » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:26 pm

Ah right. Yes old Terry was married to Elsie. Did you know they've named the bar in the 110 club after Terry. It's called the Long Bar.

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:39 pm

Yes you are right i knew Terry Long, he was a sound guy, but the 110 was a lot differant then, after the 110, i then went next door for about another 4 pints to the rose n thistle, went talking to Terry Parkes, and Alec Parkes, at the time, i worked at Bellings for four yrs then moved to Nelson got married :roll: then got working at Coloroll Wallcoverings for god knows how many years, great company to work for back then they looked after there workers, and the wages were fantastic at the time, how times change, putting my pic up some on here will say is that Michael ......bloody hell, not bad for 67yrs, retirement is not all its cracked up to be, roll on the start of the season UTC. Some on here say to me come back North but it would not be the same, i have been down here almost 20yrs i could not get the nice flat in Burnley that i have here, so im stuck to be honest, i would just like to have a nice woman with me as someone to talk with at night, share comments, go places, but thats not happened, & iv been waiting 6 yrs for that to happen, who wants as my now ex wife used to say, look at that old gimmer, thats me i suppose, the old gimmer/boy, if a lady is interested in me she MIGHT be a Claret fan, but you cant always have your cake n eat it, so they say anyway just think back this time last week id just had enough of life, and wanted to end it all, but the support on this board has been fantastic to say the least, UTC.

bfcfan1882
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by bfcfan1882 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:54 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:39 pm
then got working at Coloroll Wallcoverings for god knows how many years
Did you know Brian Harrison or Neil Whalley?

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:19 pm

Yes, I knew them both I think Neil was a no 2 printer and Brian a no 1 printer, i might have got them the wrong way round printer wise. But it was a great place to work, the crack was great, nobody used first names, Bert Varley, and a few other good guys u could have a laugh with, but that was a long time ago ;)

bfcfan1882
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by bfcfan1882 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:54 pm

Both printers.

Brian was my Dad, Neil his best mate.

I remember the kids Christmas parties. The trips to Camelot.

Then you must know Rod, Barrowford Clarets. Took me to my first away games in the 90s - where it all began.

rayzer

Post by rayzer » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:14 pm

Hi Mike, I remember Terry Parks, he was a right hard character but with a heart of gold. He used to drink on the top floor of the 110 club with his mates(who you would not mess with)

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:12 pm

Just caught up with this thread. Fantastic stuff !! Well done Roper and Mick !

TomtheClaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 153 times

Post by TomtheClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:33 pm

Hi Roper and Mick
Im also a claret based Cambridge way. If either of you, or indeed anyone else fancy a coffee and a natter. Give me a shout?

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:38 pm

TomtheClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:33 pm
Hi Roper and Mick
Im also a claret based Cambridge way. If either of you, or indeed anyone else fancy a coffee and a natter. Give me a shout?
Hi Tom, whereabouts are you? I’m south cambs. It would be great if we could taken in a sky game with a few beers this season.

TomtheClaret

Post by TomtheClaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:40 pm

Fen Ditton pal

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:47 pm

Not too far. Let me know if you fancy meeting up somewhere to watch a game.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2476 times
Has Liked: 2014 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:16 am

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:39 pm
i would just like to have a nice woman with me as someone to talk with at night, share comments, go places, but thats not happened, & iv been waiting 6 yrs for that to happen
“I’ve been waiting” says it all. Get out there Mick. Show them what you’ve got.
There’ll be a grab-a-granny somewhere near you. Good luck.

TomtheClaret

Post by TomtheClaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:10 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:47 pm
Not too far. Let me know if you fancy meeting up somewhere to watch a game.
Will do, looking at fixtures dates, may be looking later in the year? Do you get to many home games?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:16 am
“I’ve been waiting” says it all. Get out there Mick. Show them what you’ve got.
There’ll be a grab-a-granny somewhere near you. Good luck.
There's always somebody out there for anybody, some of the dating sites are tailor made & cater for people of a certain vintage only.

BurnleyMickSouth

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:50 pm

Hi fellow Clarets,/have you got 10 mins to read this ??
First let me say that wont be posting anything else on Claret Ropers thread (this one) as its his thread and not mine, so from now on i will go back to BurnleyMickSouth, i think thats only fair, thanks for the advice from everyone this past seven days, i am not into grab a granny (yet) but i suppose its just the way i am thinking at the moment, trying to see the doctor is like trying to see God, no appointments available :x, everyone on here has been fantastic regarding my welfare and i take it all on board, however that does not really solve my problem, i am, and feel just like i have for these past 7 days,but last Sat i almost stepped over the red line to end it all, but with all the claret family behind me i pulled back from it,

I have never felt like this before regarding ANY woman or relationship, i have to be honest & tell you all i have been married twice before and that was before i met Tracey my now ex wife, my first wife left me to run off with my so called best mate,( i soon got over that !), after 4yrs of being married to her, my second wife i was married to for almost 25yrs, toward the end our love died for each other, Lynn unfortunatley died in our house due to her falling asleep while having a ciggy, i was away from her at the time, then i got an Instant Message thru AOL and thats how i met Tracey, the rest is history as they say, and never in a trillion years did i expect my now ex wife to go to the police with a pack of lies and false accusations, just to end our marriage,

when the police investigated everything & a file was so called sent to the CPS, they deemed it NO FURTHER ACTION, it never even went to court, thats how much of a liar my now ex wife is, she took me for everything, and i ended up sleeping in my car because i had no friends down here, my wife and her two sons were my life we had a great family relationship, sleeping in my car was the hardest part, i had to do that for seven & a half months, was not allowed by Surrey police to go back to the matrimonial home, Tracey had family, sons, sister, nieces & nephews, that she could have gone and stayed with but no, she destroyed my life and took me for everything i had yet i have no hatred or thoughs of revenge against her, life is what it is, i still think of her everyday and have feelings for her, its a shame she does not feel the same about me ! i could type up my life on here but i could be here till midnight, i built everything back up from scrach, i have a nice flat as well, by the way she even tried to take my car away from me and put me out on the street, yet 12 months into being with her she got a court order saying she owed £2,000 in backrent & £1000 in council tax and she was going to be evicted if she did not pay within 14 days, she was in floods of tears after showing me the court letter, the next day i took her to my bank and withdrew £3,000 gave it to her and she paid her debt off,(and we wernt even married !)

i never asked or got that money back, but then 10 years later she did what she did to me & DESTROYED my life with her false alligations, with regards to Surrey Police they backed her 100% i was guilty before they looked at her lies, i have no love for Surrey police i can assure you, we all have jobs to do but they wanted to nail me but had no proof of anything i had supposedly done to her, she turned everyone and anyone that would listen to her lies against me, her sons, sister and everyone else believed her, thats how much of a convincing liar she is, not one of them has contacted me in the past 6 years, what does that tell you ? i myself have no children by any marriage so you could say i was well happy when my daughter in law got pregnant, Tracey kept saying what a great grandad i would be, then she did what she did a month before my then grandaughter was born and from the day Harriet was born i have not been allowed to see her or hold her, yet Traceys ex husband held her and had pics take with her, but since that day he does not seem to see or visit them (or his grandaughter) as his car is always on his drive, he lives a 5min walk away from me, he helped Tracey to destroy me becuse he did the running about for her because she does not drive, thats the type of guy he is, he interfered in our marriage instead of not getting involved, one day i will have cross words with him but i bide my time till then, anyway i am going to end here but now you ALL know why i contemplated doing what i wanted to do last Sat night, also thanks again to Norfolk Police for listening at what i had to say and how i felt at that time, if anyone wants to contact or chat to me then my e-mail address is....m-ick@hotmail.co.uk i think its ok to put that on this board, i now return to my own thread at BurnleyMickSouth...............thanks for reading this message, see you all against Villa i hope.