Burnley Civic Trust Heritage Image Collection

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Guitargeorge
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Burnley Civic Trust Heritage Image Collection

Post by Guitargeorge » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:36 am

I have mentioned once or twice before the work we do at Burnley Civic Trust where are are currently digitising images of old Burnley, including many photographs of BFC. In 2016, we were gifted the archive of negatives from the Burnley Express, who found that they had no room for them following their move from Bull St. In excess of 300,000 negatives were transferred to our workshop and volunteers have currently placed 11,000+ pictures and stories on our website. Our Heritage Lottery funding has now come to an end, and in order to continue to fund our premises, website and other costs, we need to raise more money. Consequently, we have created a JustGiving page (search Burnley Civic Trust). Any help you can give us would really be appreciated.
You can see images of old Burnley, including many unseen football related photographs at BCTHIC.org. Many thanks for reading this.
Attachments
IMG_4629.jpeg
IMG_4629.jpeg (308.6 KiB) Viewed 263 times
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfield73 longsidepies

cricketfield73
Been Liked: 424 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Re: Burnley Civic Trust Heritage Image Collection

Post by cricketfield73 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:30 am

I have spent many a happy hour trawling through the wealth of superb historical images on the Burnley Civic Trust Heritage Image Collection and it is a fabulous resource.
Word of caution though - allow yourself plenty of time as once you get started, you cannot help thinking "just one more page" as the hours pass by!
Good luck with the fundraising, I'll stick a couple of quid in later.

P.S. I wonder what time of year that photo was taken as half the players look like they're frozen.

Guitargeorge
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Re: Burnley Civic Trust Heritage Image Collection

Post by Guitargeorge » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:02 am

“Preparing for the FA cup tie against West Ham, January 1968, to answer your question. Thanks Cricket