Muric or Trafford

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Re: Muric or Trafford

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:30 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:35 am
🥱
Imagine complaining about Tresor Trafford and Ramsey... Probably our most promising players. Koleosho Odobert and Amdouni can go in that list too.

What utter nonsense I'm reading here... Next time we lose a game I'm taking a week off from this forum.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:35 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:30 am
Imagine complaining about Tresor Trafford and Ramsey... Probably our most promising players. Koleosho Odobert and Amdouni can go in that list too.

What utter nonsense I'm reading here... Next time we lose a game I'm taking a week off from this forum.
How many goals have Trésor and Ramsey combined for this season?

Probably won't see you till mid January then -

Have a nice Christmas

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:42 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:26 am
Because the lemmings keep coming out with the same tripe despite the overwhelming onfield evidence that keeps smacking us in the face every single week
I'd be quite happy to debate every point with you, in fact I might even agree with a few of them, but as soon as I suggested a certain player perhaps wasn't as bad as made out, certain posters would be along accusing me of being the players dad, or posting childish rhymes about me, so it's just not worth the time and effort
This user liked this post: Anthonini

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:45 am

Anthonini wrote:

Correct, I don't remember anyone coming out before the signings saying they were poor players, in fact when it looked like Tresor wasn't signing this board went into melt down, probably by some of the posters who now say he was a bad signing.......
This user liked this post: Anthonini

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:47 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:45 am
Correct, I don't remember anyone coming out before the signings saying they were poor players, in fact when it looked like Tresor wasn't signing this board went into melt down, probably by some of the posters who now say he was a bad signing.......
Actually I think you'll find a few that dare to have an original thought said it would be a good signing earlier in the window but after signing multiple players of the same position then it was very daft

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:55 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:47 am
Actually I think you'll find a few that dare to have an original thought said it would be a good signing earlier in the window but after signing multiple players of the same position then it was very daft
But bearing in mind he was the last signing, all the others had already arrived, nobody was saying it was daft on deadline day.....only a guess, but two of the players signed in his position were seen as back up, or under 21 players, but showed more than Tresor, hence getting a start in the team ahead of him. That could not have been foreseen when he was signed.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:57 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:47 am
Still Tresor is the best winger we've signed so I'm not sure what you're complaining about here. Belgian player of the year with 24 assists. Top transfer.

That he hasn't played every minute isn't his choice. And I think he looks great every second I see him play. He'll be right.

Trafford after what he did at the -21EC was probably on the radar of every top team. Another great signing with a bright future.

Ramsey is also a very promising young footballer. Smart fast and technical. Love to watch him play. I sometimes think we are watching a completely different game. But seeing you enjoy Sean Dyche teams play, I'm not surprised.

No they haven't shown their full potential yet, which can have several reasons. Doesn't make them daft signings. On the contrary even.

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:57 am

Anthonini wrote:

You mention nonsense, but didn’t you say Trafford was 1 of the world’s best keepers last week? That’s the biggest load of nonsense ever spouted.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:03 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:57 am
Still Tresor is the best winger we've signed so I'm not sure what you're complaining about here. Belgian player of the year with 24 assists. Top transfer.

That he hasn't played every minute isn't his choice. And I think he looks great every second I see him play. He'll be right.

Trafford after what he did at the -21EC was probably on the radar of every top team. Another great signing with a bright future.

Ramsey is also a very promising young footballer. Smart fast and technical. Love to watch him play. I sometimes think we are watching a completely different game. But seeing you enjoy Sean Dyche teams play, I'm not surprised.

No they haven't shown their full potential yet, which can have several reasons. Doesn't make them daft signings. On the contrary even.
They're daft signings because they haven't improved our chance right now of remaining in the PL one jot and in context, Ramsey and Trésor (who I wanted before we signed other wide players) came in when we absolutely did not need any more wide players.

Ramsey has been a disaster so far. One good game against United aside, either injured or losing the ball on half way leading directly to goals against - happened at least three times.

If we weren't on 8 points after 17 I'd accept it but we are and so it can be concluded that they have not improved us one jot.

I enjoy watching effective football that wins games because that is what it's about.

Even Pep last season when struck with a few injuries went away to the Emirates and lumped it up to Haaland and played off the second ball - even Pep knows that in England you need some steel in your team.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:07 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:55 am
But bearing in mind he was the last signing, all the others had already arrived, nobody was saying it was daft on deadline day.....only a guess, but two of the players signed in his position were seen as back up, or under 21 players, but showed more than Tresor, hence getting a start in the team ahead of him. That could not have been foreseen when he was signed.
Very correct. VK also said it takes a good while before players get used to his system (3-4 months?) And really know how to do what's asked from them. So taking into consideration all the factors. Also the type of player Tresor is, more technical than physical, makes it harder to have a direct impact.

Physical features that Lukebakio and Bakayoko do have, which were our primary targets. Tresor I expect will be on point next season and for this season I expect him to grow towards making his mark and start to carry the team.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:11 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:03 am
They're daft signings because they haven't improved our chance right now of remaining in the PL one jot and in context, Ramsey and Trésor (who I wanted before we signed other wide players) came in when we absolutely did not need any more wide players.

Ramsey has been a disaster so far. One good game against United aside, either injured or losing the ball on half way leading directly to goals against - happened at least three times.

If we weren't on 8 points after 17 I'd accept it but we are and so it can be concluded that they have not improved us one jot.

I enjoy watching effective football that wins games because that is what it's about.

Even Pep last season when struck with a few injuries went away to the Emirates and lumped it up to Haaland and played off the second ball - even Pep knows that in England you need some steel in your team.
How was pep's first season in the PL?

I enjoy watching technical players over horses like Onana every day of the week. Take Berge for example. Lovely player to watch. Onana is huge and fast and can keep going, just makes daft and dangerous mistakes flirting with a red card. I prefer virtuosity over sheer force.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:13 am

Murger wrote:
You mention nonsense, but didn’t you say Trafford was 1 of the world’s best keepers last week? That’s the biggest load of nonsense ever spouted.
Until he produces those kind of saves every week... Which were actually world class.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:14 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:11 am
How was pep's first season in the PL?

I enjoy watching technical players over horses like Onana every day of the week. Take Berge for example. Lovely player to watch. Onana is huge and fast and can keep going, just makes daft and dangerous mistakes flirting with a red card. I prefer virtuosity over sheer force.
3rd I believe.

You might be interested in Ballet then?

Mate this is Burnley Football Club. We're a hardworking northern town that wants players that fight and battle from the first whistle to the last.

This is different for you, you're watching from afar and 'supporting' because we have a Belgian gaffer and a ton of players in our team that you know of.

No problem with technical players at all but have a bit of steel; oh and players like Harrison, Doucoure, Garner are miles better technicians than anything we have.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:15 am

Murger wrote:
Didn't you read the comments about his passing then? Was even bigger nonsense. I'm also allowed to say something daft once in a while. 😂

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:21 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:14 am
3rd I believe.

You might be interested in Ballet then?

Mate this is Burnley Football Club. We're a hardworking northern town that wants players that fight and battle from the first whistle to the last.

This is different for you, you're watching from afar and 'supporting' because we have a Belgian gaffer and a ton of players in our team that you know of.

No problem with technical players at all but have a bit of steel; oh and players like Harrison, Doucoure, Garner are miles better technicians than anything we have.

And there's nothing wrong with having a different view on what football is or should be. Anderlecht is an institution comparable to Ajax where the fans are actually ****** off after winning a game and not seeing any beautiful football.

VK comes from Anderlecht. As do players like Doku Tielemans and Tresor. The club focuses on technical development rather than scrapping.

It's a good combination to have the fight and hard working mentality of Burnley mixed with some brilliance like we saw last season. This year we still need to find the propper balance.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:26 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:21 am
And there's nothing wrong with having a different view on what football is or should be. Anderlecht is an institution comparable to Ajax where the fans are actually ****** off after winning a game and not seeing any beautiful football.

VK comes from Anderlecht. As do players like Doku Tielemans and Tresor. The club focuses on technical development rather than scrapping.

It's a good combination to have the fight and hard working mentality of Burnley mixed with some brilliance like we saw last season. This year we still need to find the propper balance.
How's Anderlecht doing now after VK left?

With respect, the Eredivisie and the Jupiler league are tinpot mate and neither have had teams that have done anything of note - other than one Ajax side in 2019 that have done anything in Europe since the turn of the century.

You get 0 points for style - and it's not 'stylish' getting turned over every week either.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:31 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:26 am
How's Anderlecht doing now after VK left?

With respect, the Eredivisie and the Jupiler league are tinpot mate and neither have had teams that have done anything of note - other than one Ajax side in 2019 that have done anything in Europe since the turn of the century.

You get 0 points for style - and it's not 'stylish' getting turned over every week either.
They finished at the worst spot last season since 80 years of history. It was a disgrace. Everyone agreed it was the worst decision to let him go.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:33 am

With respect saying something disrespectful is a bit contradictory don't you think?

Last season no one was complaining about our style.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:35 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:31 am
They finished at the worst spot last season since 80 years of history. It was a disgrace. Everyone agreed it was the worst decision to let him go.
Aye after the mess he left with the team.

Second now aren’t they?

With respect - I’m basically saying Ajax and Anderlecht aren’t the institutions that they once were and neither is the Dutch or Belgian league - that’s all.

Still have respect for the fans of said clubs

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:37 am

:)
CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:35 am
Aye after the mess he left with the team.

Second now aren’t they?
You would love to see them play now. Maybe we better switch teams. 😂

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:49 am

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:36 pm
I wonder if that £15m we payed for Trafford meant they broke even on ffp for their accounts 😂😂😂

Buy back clause is £15m and says he has to play every game as part of the deal, stranger things have happened.

Robbed blind and we can’t drop him.

Welcome to Burnley
So everyone who was reporting the buyback clause at ~ £60m were just being fed duff info by City?

Assuming, for a brief moment, we paid £15m for a loan that City are giving us back at some indeterminate point in the future but we have to play Trafford, what would happen if we drop him?

Obviously this contract that you're suggesting wasn't lodged with the FA so what are they going to do about it?

CryerBFC
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by CryerBFC » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:53 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:11 am
Couldn’t help but comment on this, Onana is a great footballer, one of the best, if not the best in his position outside of the top 2/3 teams.

If you think he isn’t technical you need to have your eyes checked.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:11 am

Anthonini wrote:

Tresor arrived with better pedigree than most of our summer signings yes. He also arrived late and has done absolutely nothing to justify it. Looks great every minute? He's barely so much as had a shot or created one, he looks by far the worst of the lot to me, I'm not writing him off entirely but I genuinely can't see how you can say that of him. But I also can't fathom how you can think Trafford is the best keeper in world football or more technical than Muric when he regularly misplaces passes and has scary slipups like Saturday late on- I know Muric made similar early in the season but he cut them out as it went on, we're comparing Muric now to Trafford now not Muric of September 2022 to Trafford of the possible future.

Ramsey is promising but has contributed nothing.

People who support a club generally prefer to see their club win and do well, than lose but be full of youngsters with potential. As has been said elsewhere that's what the youth team is for. The snobby snipe about Dyche is plain stupid- style preference is entirely subjective but in a competitive sport, which football is, the only objective measure is results. Look at our results.

It's so frustrating to me that certain people just CONSTANTLY trot out the club line of defence as if contractually incapable of saying a critical word. Tresor has contributed nothing so far. Trafford is a good shot stopper, won us a point against Brighton, has otherwise been extremely vulnerable in the air, at set pieces and in possession and looks shorter than he is. Ramsey looked decent against United but between injuries and Kompany not figuring his position out has otherwise been ineffectual and was directly at fault for a goal against I can't even remember who now we've conceded so many.

We've broke the record for the worst home start in top flight history. If we have the world's best goalkeeper, a winger who's great every touch he makes, etc. how come we're doing worse than a Luton side who spent nothing and only scraped promotion via the playoffs?

Im sure you'll call me some boo boy or something to dismiss any of this, especially ignoring that I have said positives or given praise to players, so I don't know why I bother. If it's not exclusively blind endorsement of whatever Alan Pace and Vincent Kompany do you're a troll in some people's eyes.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:18 am

CryerBFC wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:53 am
Couldn’t help but comment on this, Onana is a great footballer, one of the best, if not the best in his position outside of the top 2/3 teams.

If you think he isn’t technical you need to have your eyes checked.
Fellaini was more technical than him, and I never enjoyed watching him play either. I just don't appreciate these kind of players. And I'm pretty sure every top club does.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 am

aggi wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:49 am
So everyone who was reporting the buyback clause at ~ £60m were just being fed duff info by City?

Assuming, for a brief moment, we paid £15m for a loan that City are giving us back at some indeterminate point in the future but we have to play Trafford, what would happen if we drop him?

Obviously this contract that you're suggesting wasn't lodged with the FA so what are they going to do about it?
I don’t profess to know the ins and outs of the dodgyness but something feels off to me.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:18 am
Fellaini was more technical than him, and I never enjoyed watching him play either. I just don't appreciate these kind of players. And I'm pretty sure every top club does.
I like Berge but if he has even a 1/4 the top flight career that Fellaini does then i'd be suprised.

Fellaini was a very, very good player.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 am

spt_claret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:11 am
Tresor arrived with better pedigree than most of our summer signings yes. He also arrived late and has done absolutely nothing to justify it. Looks great every minute? He's barely so much as had a shot or created one, he looks by far the worst of the lot to me, I'm not writing him off entirely but I genuinely can't see how you can say that of him. But I also can't fathom how you can think Trafford is the best keeper in world football or more technical than Muric when he regularly misplaces passes and has scary slipups like Saturday late on- I know Muric made similar early in the season but he cut them out as it went on, we're comparing Muric now to Trafford now not Muric of September 2022 to Trafford of the possible future.

Ramsey is promising but has contributed nothing.

People who support a club generally prefer to see their club win and do well, than lose but be full of youngsters with potential. As has been said elsewhere that's what the youth team is for. The snobby snipe about Dyche is plain stupid- style preference is entirely subjective but in a competitive sport, which football is, the only objective measure is results. Look at our results.

It's so frustrating to me that certain people just CONSTANTLY trot out the club line of defence as if contractually incapable of saying a critical word. Tresor has contributed nothing so far. Trafford is a good shot stopper, won us a point against Brighton, has otherwise been extremely vulnerable in the air, at set pieces and in possession and looks shorter than he is. Ramsey looked decent against United but between injuries and Kompany not figuring his position out has otherwise been ineffectual and was directly at fault for a goal against I can't even remember who now we've conceded so many.

We've broke the record for the worst home start in top flight history. If we have the world's best goalkeeper, a winger who's great every touch he makes, etc. how come we're doing worse than a Luton side who spent nothing and only scraped promotion via the playoffs?

Im sure you'll call me some boo boy or something to dismiss any of this, especially ignoring that I have said positives or given praise to players, so I don't know why I bother. If it's not exclusively blind endorsement of whatever Alan Pace and Vincent Kompany do you're a troll in some people's eyes.
He’s either a current player or on the payroll, just ignore him.

Anthonini

Post by Anthonini » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:07 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 am
I like Berge but if he has even a 1/4 the top flight career that Fellaini does then i'd be suprised.

Fellaini was a very, very good player.
Not my point who has a bigger career but I much prefer a type like Kanté, Yaya Touré, Pirlo, Defour, Busquets, ... someone that can fight, but also pick a pass or shoot at goal. At least in midfield. I also dislike recklessness, making daft mistakes, picking up cards.

If Fellaini would be a bit smarter and more composed he'd be a world beater. But those cards and elbows give him the label of almost problematic. Which is a petty when you have such qualities.

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by expoultryboy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:23 am

Getting back to Trafford , he's a good shot stopper but so so weak . I remember when a poor corner was " putting it to close to the keeper ". Now opposition teams are actually aiming for inside the 6 yard box because they know how soft he is . This isn't a "witch hunt " and i realise he's young and fairly inexperienced but we can't continue to keep persevering with this predicament . Plus it's time to get Ekdal back in for a bit more height .

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:59 am

expoultryboy wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:23 am
Getting back to Trafford , he's a good shot stopper but so so weak . I remember when a poor corner was " putting it to close to the keeper ". Now opposition teams are actually aiming for inside the 6 yard box because they know how soft he is . This isn't a "witch hunt " and i realise he's young and fairly inexperienced but we can't continue to keep persevering with this predicament . Plus it's time to get Ekdal back in for a bit more height .
That happens against most goalkeepers, they are not coached to come off the line for corners anymore, mentioned many times by pundits on tv

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:59 am
That happens against most goalkeepers, they are not coached to come off the line for corners anymore, mentioned many times by pundits on tv
Aye course they don’t.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:12 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Never once heard that mentioned by a pundit on TV. Your telling me people would put balls in Nick Pope's 6 yard box for example?
All good keepers come and claim corners but let's face it Saturdays goal wasn't even asking him to come far all he had to do was jump but he is to weak

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:17 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
at one points on saturday Brownhill actually shouted at Trafford to move back to his line before a corner came in. obviously under instruction

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:26 pm

bumba wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:12 pm
Never once heard that mentioned by a pundit on TV. Your telling me people would put balls in Nick Pope's 6 yard box for example?
All good keepers come and claim corners but let's face it Saturdays goal wasn't even asking him to come far all he had to do was jump but he is to weak
If you don't want me to comment on your posts, have some decency and ignore mine

And just for your information, carragher and Neville were the last to mention it on Sunday at anfield

bumba

Post by bumba » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:47 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:26 pm
If you don't want me to comment on your posts, have some decency and ignore mine

And just for your information, carragher and Neville were the last to mention it on Sunday at anfield
I gave a response to the post and actual input, you just have petty childish remarks

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:05 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
There’s some real codswallop posted on this forum but this is ridiculous. It almost confirms you are related to Trafford if you are telling us he’s not coached to come for corners so it’s not his fault he’s pony at trying to deal with them 😆😆😆😆

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:21 pm

I see the two bullies are out to play.... Time to bow out
This user liked this post: bumba

CryerBFC
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by CryerBFC » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:00 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:07 am
Not my point who has a bigger career but I much prefer a type like Kanté, Yaya Touré, Pirlo, Defour, Busquets, ... someone that can fight, but also pick a pass or shoot at goal. At least in midfield. I also dislike recklessness, making daft mistakes, picking up cards.

If Fellaini would be a bit smarter and more composed he'd be a world beater. But those cards and elbows give him the label of almost problematic. Which is a petty when you have such qualities.
Dislike Onana, but like Yaya Toure 🧐 they’re similar players! Onana can boss midfield, get up and down the pitch, play passes all over, scores goals. Going on about cards, he’s had 1 this season.

Be telling me you prefer Beyer over Tarks next

bumba

Post by bumba » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:26 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:21 pm
I see the two bullies are out to play.... Time to bow out
Unbelievable. Comment of the year 😂

Pot

Kettle

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 2921 times

Post by burnleymik » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:38 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Which ones? :lol:

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:48 pm

I very much douby we will see Muric, unless Trafford is unavailable, so wondering if we will sell/loan him out in the January window? I can't belive he is happy being second fiddle after how well he did in the latter end of our Championship season.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:50 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:38 pm
Which ones? :lol:
Already stated earlier

For your info iam just quoting what they are saying.... Do I agree with it... No, I think the goalie should clear them out... But don't let that stop you from jumping in

StayingDown4Ever

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:58 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:48 pm
I very much douby we will see Muric, unless Trafford is unavailable, so wondering if we will sell/loan him out in the January window? I can't belive he is happy being second fiddle after how well he did in the latter end of our Championship season.
I’d be furious if I was him. It’s one thing being dropped after the good second half of the season he had last year, but to not get back in the side after the embarrassing start Trafford has made to his Burnley career is insulting.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:06 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:50 pm
Already stated earlier

For your info iam just quoting what they are saying.... Do I agree with it... No, I think the goalie should clear them out... But don't let that stop you from jumping in
Don't take everything so personally. It was a genuine question because it's not something I have heard from any pundit and the general rule of thumb for Keepers is that if it's in that 6yd box, it's yours and you make it yours.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:12 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:06 pm
Don't take everything so personally. It was a genuine question because it's not something I have heard from any pundit and the general rule of thumb for Keepers is that if it's in that 6yd box, it's yours and you make it yours.
Had you not put a laughing face on your post, then you might have got a better response... And yes I agree about the keeper.

StayingDown4Ever

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:12 pm
Had you not put a laughing face on your post, then you might have got a better response... And yes I agree about the keeper.
You are just making a fool of yourself now. Everyone has called you out on your ridiculous claims about goalkeepers being coached to leave crosses and it’s embarrassed you. Perhaps log off for an hour or two to calm down before you humiliate yourself further.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:39 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pm
You are just making a fool of yourself now. Everyone has called you out on your ridiculous claims about goalkeepers being coached to leave crosses and it’s embarrassed you. Perhaps log off for an hour or two to calm down before you humiliate yourself further.
as stated Iam only quoting what they've said......I've also stated I don't agree with it, obviously you have a difficulty understanding what is said...

And just remembering how hot you are on posters not abusing each other, have another read of your post.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:15 pm

I quickly knocked this up from FBRef stats.

In terms of crosses faced and crosses stopped (obviously not all of these will be high balls) Trafford seems pretty average for a Premier League keeper. Not great, not shocking.
Attachments
Crosses faced and stopped.jpg
Crosses faced and stopped.jpg (91.68 KiB) Viewed 1856 times

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:30 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:06 am
It’s not been one just incident though has it.

It’s every week. Doesn’t challenge for anything in his 6 yard box with authority.

The most boring debate going this.

People hanging on to cliches VK come out with and repeating them verbatim.

If he was always the guy why didn’t we sign him last season? Surely had more pulling power than league one Bolton (who don’t seem to be missing him - currently sat 5th in the league).

Was beyond scandalous to include him gameweek one - especially when Southampton the season prior made the exact same mistake playing Bazunu every week.

Then it was ‘well VK surely knows best as he watches them every day in training’ - bit less of that now when it appears that he’s totally lost his marbles.

It’s beyond frustrating to have had an incredible season with a team that properly played and fought for one another - which doesn’t come easy btw … it was special, to then expect to make large changes and repeat the magic and have a cohesive team.

It was so obvious that it wasn’t going to work, some on here saying give it 10-15 games to click - that’s 1/3 of the damn season!

Now we’re expected to just write a season off and put it down to ‘Young lads learning’ - get a grip this is the pinnacle of English football it’s the Premier League for Christ sake. These are on top, top money - it’s not some plucky lads from the academy that have been thrusted in.

If they’re not ready they shouldn’t be frigging playing every week. It’s a joke to expect our fans to put up with weak gutless performances every week and trot out the same bullshit.

Traff is possibly the most overhyped player we’ve ever had. He’s done absolutely nothing to justify the hype he’s getting - which mainly comes from the fact that he’s the England U21 keeper and had a good summer tournie, which is nothing like the PL.

Nick Pope pulled out insane performances every week when he first came in to the team and no one outside of Burnley gassed him up because he was an unknown late bloomer that we got on the cheap from Charlton (look at his full debut at Anfield in a 1-1 draw - insane performance)

Traff had one decent performance against Brighton (though most of the saves you’d expect a top flight keeper to make) and the hype gets way overblown like we have Donnarumma in net.

Baffling signings him, Ramsey and Trésor - best part of 50 million right there and have not improved our starting XI one jot.

If anyone's losing their marbles.....

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:06 pm

Luckily this debate will be over in a few weeks when Muric is sold.
It’s a non event, get over it.