Are you sat next to or near a pillock?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Stubsy
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Are you sat next to or near a pillock?

Post by Stubsy » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:48 pm

Yes
This user liked this post: WestWiltsDave

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:30 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am
I know exactly who you're on about. Used to always get a chuckle from the folks around him during those games we were bored shitless with what's going on on the pitch. God I feel nostalgic now. I moved seats ages ago (but not because of that!) so don't know if he still does it, wonder if anyone knows if he still goes on.
I’ve sat near him in the past as well, but I’ve had a season ticket in every stand since 2000, but guess it was the Longside Upper in around 2005.

Garnerssoap
Been Liked: 392 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Garnerssoap » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:43 pm

In Dushanbe’s defence he was very upset when the ref didn’t give the penner on Friday night but was merely trying to be helpful in pointing out to said ref that he must have **** in both eyes.

morpheus2
Been Liked: 762 times
Has Liked: 1855 times

Post by morpheus2 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:44 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am
I know exactly who you're on about. Used to always get a chuckle from the folks around him during those games we were bored shitless with what's going on on the pitch. God I feel nostalgic now. I moved seats ages ago (but not because of that!) so don't know if he still does it, wonder if anyone knows if he still goes on.
Yes, I was actually about 4 rows directly down from him, and you're right, it always raised a chuckle. I'm still in the longside upper and he doesn't do it anymore or is no longer sat there!

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:42 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:06 pm
This thread is doing nothing to counter my firm belief that there is a larger than average percentage of this clubs that would love nothing more than to sit there quietly away. Perhaps a light round of applause if we manage to score, but anything else would be distasteful.

Whether you like it or not, good atmospheres are built (in part) by hairy arsed men shouting sometimes obscene things and I can only thank the lord that the gentrification of football hasn’t made it as far as tone policing just yet
There seems to be a lack of comprehension that there’s a middle ground, though.

I’ve no issue with a bit of swearing. But swearing for the sake of it, endless obscenities and just mindless behaviour in general doesn’t make an atmosphere, unless I’m missing something?

The guy I mentioned earlier in the thread sat with his family bellowed ‘ref your a c*nt’ at the start of the game when a few early decisions went against us.

Why would you do that? What part of you thinks that behaviour in front of kids is normal?

If you think that adds to the atmosphere, or creates the atmosphere, then fair enough, but I don’t think it does.

NB- I went to Shrewsbury v Burton Albion last night. Only 5000+ on but they created more noise than we did on Friday. I hate drums, and there was 3 at the game yesterday, but there’s no denying it built an atmosphere.

There was flags, banners and a standing section of maybe 200-300 that would put our CFS to shame. There was no idiots shouting out obscenities, chucking lighters or invading the pitch, only fans getting behind their team. They weren’t singing obscene songs about dead people either, or about any other club. They just got behind their team. Like, properly.

Maybe we should give it a go, because there’s no mistaking our support is p*ss poor and we’re massively letting the side down.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro The Hung Juror

Tuddybfc
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Tuddybfc » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:05 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:42 pm
There seems to be a lack of comprehension that there’s a middle ground, though.

I’ve no issue with a bit of swearing. But swearing for the sake of it, endless obscenities and just mindless behaviour in general doesn’t make an atmosphere, unless I’m missing something?

The guy I mentioned earlier in the thread sat with his family bellowed ‘ref your a c*nt’ at the start of the game when a few early decisions went against us.

Why would you do that? What part of you thinks that behaviour in front of kids is normal?

If you think that adds to the atmosphere, or creates the atmosphere, then fair enough, but I don’t think it does.

NB- I went to Shrewsbury v Burton Albion last night. Only 5000+ on but they created more noise than we did on Friday. I hate drums, and there was 3 at the game yesterday, but there’s no denying it built an atmosphere.

There was flags, banners and a standing section of maybe 200-300 that would put our CFS to shame. There was no idiots shouting out obscenities, chucking lighters or invading the pitch, only fans getting behind their team. They weren’t singing obscene songs about dead people either, or about any other club. They just got behind their team. Like, properly.

Maybe we should give it a go, because there’s no mistaking our support is p*ss poor and we’re massively letting the side down.
Maybe the rest of the ground could have a go rather than bemoaning the only stand that makes a peep?