More financial changes/improvements

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KateR
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

More financial changes/improvements

Post by KateR » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:38 pm

Burnley FC scores big in e-commerce with Visualsoft partnership

https://www.retailtechnologyreview.com/ ... rtnership/

Still plenty going on off field, in addition to the recruitment, all aimed to a better experience and bolster profits one assumes, be interesting to see if anyone actually notices a difference, hopefully an improvement
These 3 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Paul Waine DCWat

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Re: More financial changes/improvements

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:40 pm

it shouldn't be too hard to improve the stuff they are being asked to do

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:48 pm

It’ll be interesting to see if this increases our international sales revenue, in conjunction with the aim to raise our profile through Watt and Dude Perfect. I’d guess it started at a pretty low base point.

I wonder if there are plans to try and gain traction in other countries outside of North America. Everything that I’ve seen so far appears to be US focussed, though I could be underestimating the reach of the aforementioned.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:51 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:48 pm
It’ll be interesting to see if this increases our international sales revenue, in conjunction with the aim to raise our profile through Watt and Dude Perfect. I’d guess it started at a pretty low base point.

I wonder if there are plans to try and gain traction in other countries outside of North America. Everything that I’ve seen so far appears to be US focussed, though I could be underestimating the reach of the aforementioned.
they need to get people to answer the phones in the Club Shop first super basic stuff is not being done

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:56 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:40 pm
it shouldn't be too hard to improve the stuff they are being asked to do
Just had a look at the "shop" option on the club's site. It has changed massively. It includes a currency option: USD, Euro alongside GBP. JJ Watt caps are for sale (GBP 25.00) in three colour choices. Lots more there that I've not seen before. (I might buy an adult 2022/23 shirt - but only when the price comes down to GBP 25 or lower).

UTC
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3165 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:59 pm

KateR wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:38 pm
Burnley FC scores big in e-commerce with Visualsoft partnership

https://www.retailtechnologyreview.com/ ... rtnership/

Still plenty going on off field, in addition to the recruitment, all aimed to a better experience and bolster profits one assumes, be interesting to see if anyone actually notices a difference, hopefully an improvement
I first read about this last week - the implication is that the new system has been in place a while - probably since the new kit was released, I have not seen too many posts about using the online facility in that time

I have also not seen mention of the new Fanzone partner Rapidz
https://insidersport.com/2023/08/15/bur ... rtnership/
https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... burnley-fc

or our official Foreign exhange partner - Salt Lake City based GPS Capital Markets, which I mentioned on the MMT after Tricky Trevor posted about all our sponsors at that tine
Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:54 pm
Here is another - Burnley FC's Official Foreign Exchange Partner Partner - note where the release is made (Utah is becoming a useful source of commercial partnerships)

Clarets Join Forces With GPS Capital Markets
Club welcomes new Official FX (Foreign Exchange) Partner

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... rkets.html
TT's posts on the MMT

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 5#p2153875
Tricky Trevor wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:28 pm
I was astonished how many partners the club now has. I don’t know what finance that generates but might go some way to paying for all the incomings.
I’ve divided them into major and minor, possibly not statistically true.
MAJOR
IMG_3664.jpeg
IMG_3665.jpeg

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:03 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:51 pm
they need to get people to answer the phones in the Club Shop first super basic stuff is not being done
What is the need for phones in the club shop, or do you mean the ticket office etc?

I’m sure there is a need for some phone contact but from a retail perspective, the majority of online stores don’t offer a telephone service these days (or if they do it’s squirrelled away somewhere hard to find.

What the good ones do offer, from my experience, is a very easy online service to resolve issues and answer queries, quickly. Ideally, and I speak as a user as opposed to an expert, I want to be able to get everything i need quickly and easily, direct from the site that I’m using, without the need for human interaction.

I’ve not bought online from the club for a while - last time I tried I gave up.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:08 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:03 pm
What is the need for phones in the club shop, or do you mean the ticket office etc?

I’m sure there is a need for some phone contact but from a retail perspective, the majority of online stores don’t offer a telephone service these days (or if they do it’s squirrelled away somewhere hard to find.

What the good ones do offer, from my experience, is a very easy online service to resolve issues and answer queries, quickly. Ideally, and I speak as a user as opposed to an expert, I want to be able to get everything i need quickly and easily, direct from the site that I’m using, without the need for human interaction.

I’ve not bought online from the club for a while - last time I tried I gave up.
every other day there is someone on twitter saying they are trying to get through to either the club shop or ticket office and nobody answers the phone, there also seems to be a high proportion of people that also don't get replies to emails. It's an incredibly basic fix. Like you said, you gave up as have many others, it's missed revenue.
This user liked this post: DCWat

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:14 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:08 pm
every other day there is someone on twitter saying they are trying to get through to either the club shop or ticket office and nobody answers the phone, there also seems to be a high proportion of people that also don't get replies to emails. It's an incredibly basic fix. Like you said, you gave up as have many others, it's missed revenue.
Partially solved by a robust self service option, but I agree with your point. Not to get a reply or have a call answered at all is poor.

I did email the club myself a week or two back and to be fair, I received a ‘respond within 5 working days’ notification and an actual reply within less than 5 working days.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

KateR
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:38 pm

Trying to buy anything from BFC while in Houston has been so difficult for a long time, so much so I gave up 2/3years ago, definitely lost revenue. Personally, I'm also interested in seeing if they adopt blockchain/crypto in the near future for purchasing tickets /merchandise

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:58 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:38 pm
Trying to buy anything from BFC while in Houston has been so difficult for a long time, so much so I gave up 2/3years ago, definitely lost revenue. Personally, I'm also interested in seeing if they adopt blockchain/crypto in the near future for purchasing tickets /merchandise
This always feels like one of those solutions looking for a problem.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:31 pm

aggi wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:58 pm
This always feels like one of those solutions looking for a problem.
Lol ...

I always like Bitcoin's Wiki page, which defines it as ...

"The word "bitcoin" was defined in a white paper published on October 31, 2008.[3][11] It is a compound of the words bit and coin.[12]"

I fondly imagine there is a white paper somewhere completely dedicated to explaining the derivation of the word bitcoin

Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Lord_Bob » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:52 pm

Agree with Kate, it's so hard from over here. For the last few weeks, the ONLY thing I can see in the club shop on the website is the Home Kit. Nothing else, no away kit, no training gear, no tee shirts, nothing. Would love a JJ Watt hat, but....oh well.

PhiladelphiaChris
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by PhiladelphiaChris » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:56 pm

Lord_Bob wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:52 pm
Agree with Kate, it's so hard from over here. For the last few weeks, the ONLY thing I can see in the club shop on the website is the Home Kit. Nothing else, no away kit, no training gear, no tee shirts, nothing. Would love a JJ Watt hat, but....oh well.
There is an American link here for the JJ Wat merchandise https://1863fc.com/collections/burnley

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:14 pm

Every little helps as the saying goes

Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Lord_Bob » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:32 pm

Thanks @philadelphiachris - ordered what I wanted.
These 2 users liked this post: PhiladelphiaChris KateR