CLUB STATEMENT - MANCHESTER CITY INCIDENTS

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Re: CLUB STATEMENT - MANCHESTER CITY INCIDENTS

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:45 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:23 pm
Dear me....it's a message board for discussion of all things BFC and the OP is perfectly within his rights to raise the issue of what it can be like sitting next to/near a complete idiot. I moved seats myself a few seasons back to escape one. Your entitled to your view that the way to deal with this is to to tackle the individual yourself but 1. It's pretty obvious why many people would not want to do that and 2. It still doesn't mean it's not a worthy subject for discussion on here.
The problem with not tackling the offending idiot is that person will never be aware, the chance's are any approach will probably be futile if they are that way inclined, but if you confront the person in earshot of others & in the right manner you might just give the person food for thought especially if other people hear what you are saying & solve the problem, not doing anything but moaning on here will not solve any problems.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:21 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:45 pm
The problem with not tackling the offending idiot is that person will never be aware, the chance's are any approach will probably be futile if they are that way inclined, but if you confront the person in earshot of others & in the right manner you might just give the person food for thought especially if other people hear what you are saying & solve the problem, not doing anything but moaning on here will not solve any problems.
Is that what the people who sit near you did?

Especially when they heard your views on the death penalty :shock:

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:26 am

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:21 am
Is that what the people who sit near you did?

Especially when they heard your views on the death penalty :shock:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not the 1 seemingly with a problem & composing a post about pillocks you are, I'm very comfortable with my views.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:27 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:26 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not the 1 seemingly with a problem & composing a post about pillocks you are, I'm very comfortable with my views.
Once a pillock, always a pillock.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:39 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:23 pm
When I clicked on their Twitter post it was just abuse from non Burnley fans.
You always get that on twitter.
I saw some guy who works for ESPN on Friday slating us all as a collective on twitter. He didn't have anything to say on Monday when the united fan invaded the pitch and interfered with play.
We are pretty low hanging fruit for anyone wanting a like or two

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:50 am

bf2k wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:32 am
Once they are judged (i.e. in a court of law) they will be. But this country operates with innocent until proven guilty and rightly so. Therefore, no names should ever be released until found guilty by the courts.

Hmmm, we seem all too keen to name rape suspects before anyone is found guilty. However, these two amoebas have been broadcast on national tv committing their offences. Can’t see the issue with club announcing who they have kicked out. They should put their names on faces on the big screen at the times they were ejected and we could have a minutes booing.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5090 times
Has Liked: 6902 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:07 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:45 pm
Where I sit a couple of seasons ago a guy who wasn't a season ticket holder in the area came out with a really crude racist comment, he was a bit of a menacing looking guy and a few of us looked uncomfortable it took one woman to have the courage to stand up and call him out which gave the rest of us the courage and jolt we needed to do likewise, fortunately he held his hands up and apologised but it felt quite powerful the collective action. He was quiet for the rest of the game. Will his behaviour change, who knows but perhaps something inside him made him realise he is a dwindling minority on the Turf.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:15 am

bfcjg wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:07 am
Where I sit a couple of seasons ago a guy who wasn't a season ticket holder in the area came out with a really crude racist comment, he was a bit of a menacing looking guy and a few of us looked uncomfortable it took one woman to have the courage to stand up and call him out which gave the rest of us the courage and jolt we needed to do likewise, fortunately he held his hands up and apologised but it felt quite powerful the collective action. He was quiet for the rest of the game. Will his behaviour change, who knows but perhaps something inside him made him realise he is a dwindling minority on the Turf.
Some people are only happy when they are moaning & we have a prime example on this thread, potentially he's got the control to try to change things for the better but he's not brave enough, you don't have to be hard & play macho if you approach people in the right manner & say the right things it can go a long way.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:44 am

I'd love you to show us how it's done the next time you go on the Turf, oh wait.....

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:52 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:15 am
Some people are only happy when they are moaning & we have a prime example on this thread, potentially he's got the control to try to change things for the better but he's not brave enough, you don't have to be hard & play macho if you approach people in the right manner & say the right things it can go a long way.
You mean like not going on games due to a 5 second taking of the knee, yeah that really showed them. Why didn't you voice your displeasure inside the ground ? Or maybe you did on Friday

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:11 am

claret wizard wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:50 am
Hmmm, we seem all too keen to name rape suspects before anyone is found guilty.
I know what you are saying but realising names of any suspect this isn't right, no matter what the crime.
claret wizard wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:50 am
However, these two amoebas have been broadcast on national tv committing their offences. Can’t see the issue with club announcing who they have kicked out. They should put their names on faces on the big screen at the times they were ejected and we could have a minutes booing.
You're problem is what they have done is a crime and this country doesn't handle suspects/convicts of crimes that way and it definitely wouldn't be for the club to handle it that way either.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:13 am

Oh yes, claret, we must never forget the valiant objection to the taking of the knee nor
the vowing never to return until we were rid of Dyche's terrible football nor the being afflicted by some illness or ailment that was suddenly remembered.
Principles, eh?
How will we cope without our very own Caped Crusader?
This user liked this post: fidelcastro