Clear and obvious errors and refs going to the screen

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spike
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Re: Clear and obvious errors and refs going to the screen

Post by Spike » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:26 am

burnmark wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:47 pm
Jones explained to Bellamy why it was a handball by performing an action with his arm that was absolutely nothing like how the incident occurred.

Absolute farce.
That was his action of him receiving the Forest brown envelope
This user liked this post: Happy medium

The Hung Juror
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by The Hung Juror » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:37 am

Referees and VAR are now forensically examining the game, and I hate it.
This user liked this post: Tonto

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:03 am

The problem is the usual one and that is inconsistency. He really took no time at all to make the decision once at the screen. Other refs have watched 3 angles in real time and slowed down before making a similar decision from the screen. It stinks as there is no way he has re watched the incident at full speed from multiple angles to decide that the handball is deliberate. A good ref would have done that and may even have decided it was not intentional. You really can’t do that in the time he reviewed it.

If you are adding the time on at the end then at least give the decision due process.

Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:47 am

I think the problem with the decision is the Constant changing stance to handball. I don’t know what is handball. The law at one stage meant anything hitting the arm that leads to a goal was handball and now the sleeve is alright. They issue here to me is it wasn’t clearly a mistake so let the game ride.

We don’t need to re ref games we just want to see offsides given and basic forms of cheating being addressed like falling over without contact. If the world is having to debate decisions then it should just not be flagged up.

VAR handball calls should be used for incidents like the Henry against Ireland. What were blatant. I think everyone will be happy with that

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1331 times

Post by summitclaret » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:02 pm

If he'd been shown view that was shown on Sky from Berge's left, he would have clearly seen that it wasn't handball.

Bullabill
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Bullabill » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:54 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:02 pm
If he'd been shown view that was shown on Sky from Berge's left, he would have clearly seen that it wasn't handball.
Agreed. And I think that's the one Vegas hasn't seen.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:31 pm

Just downloaded “ Mach Officials Mic’d Up” with Michael Owen and Howard Webb. (30 mins) It’s the one where Onana the Utd keeper took out the the Wolves lad and the ref Hooper thought it was just a coming together and didn’t (wrongly) give a penalty. It Also discusses the Zaouray sending off against City. Well worth a watch. They give a good incite into how they all operate. I like Webbs honesty when they get something wrong.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8743 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:28 am

Nottingham F goal OK not hand ball (agreed)
Burnley no goal, handball. (Same activity by players.

Should have been a goal. Bias.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:36 am

beddie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:31 pm
Just downloaded “ Mach Officials Mic’d Up” with Michael Owen and Howard Webb. (30 mins) It’s the one where Onana the Utd keeper took out the the Wolves lad and the ref Hooper thought it was just a coming together and didn’t (wrongly) give a penalty. It Also discusses the Zaouray sending off against City. Well worth a watch. They give a good incite into how they all operate. I like Webbs honesty when they get something wrong.
The Onana one is an incredible piece of incompetence.

The VAR basically describes multiple reasons why it’s a penalty and then inexplicably says “no penalty”.

It reminded me of the bloke from Vicar of Dibley, yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes……..no.