I feel something really special is developing…

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

I feel something really special is developing…

Post by NewClaret » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:59 pm

Am I the only one?

It feels like it judging by the comments on here sometimes.

Last night was the first time I’ve really felt we dominated a top PL side. Despite Uniteds injuries and form, I didn’t expect us to win. I just see it that they have those one or two players who can find a chance and punish you in a split second, and so it proved.

But putting that aside I thought the performance was excellent. Some absolutely brilliant stuff and it was a pleasure to watch. We made United look bad. Even if we go down, I’d rather watch that football week in week out. But if we stay up I think we’ve got something special starting to form. Can’t recall ever being this excited about watching a team develop.

Trafford (despite me calling for Muric) will improve as Muric did and looks a top top prospect. Beyer is fantastic, some weaknesses but so many strengths. AAD looks an immense talent too, I think he’s going to the top.

Koleosho could be a world beater, unbelievable to think he’s just turned 19, Amdouni & Tresor clearly very talented too. Fosters development is insane and if our coaching team can do that to the other three we’re in for something unreal.

That’s before mentioning Berge - who I thought was excellent when he came on again (worth watching the last 15 minutes back because I missed his contribution live) - and Ramsey looking really special.

I think we’re a season or two of PL experience and maybe a few players off a really top side.

If we went down, I think we’d lose some of those mentioned but have Muric, Ekdal, CJER, Delcroix, McNally and Twine to come back in, plus I think we’d keep Anas & Benny. Larsen has looked a real talent, as did Odobert. Massengo still to see. Obafemi to come back from injury. That’s a serious team in its own right so I’m sure we’d be very competitive in the Championship.

Sorry for the long post but really feel we’re exceptionally lucky to be watching this team emerge. Exciting times.
These 26 users liked this post: Lord_Bob Rick_Muller beddie evensteadiereddie Hibsclaret bfcjg Cabbage clitheroeclaret3 Burnley Ace Anonymous Claret Oakworth claret Colburn_Claret Wile E Coyote Putneyclaret gukwonan burnleymik KateR simonclaret JarrowClaret RVclaret Pickles MT03ALG theonlywayisup Falcon whiffa LDNBFC87

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11059 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Re: I feel something really special is developing…

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:16 am

people keep saying we've had tough fixtures but they've come at the best time imho, at any time of the season we wouldn't be thinking we would pick up many points against these teams - so to me we are learning at the right time and not really 'wasting' games or points. This thought process only works if we win at Luton etc etc though !!
These 5 users liked this post: Jjjack Colburn_Claret GrahamBranchsPerm theonlywayisup AfloatinClaret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11059 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:18 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:59 pm
Even if we go down, I’d rather watch that football week in week out. But if we stay up I think we’ve got something special starting to form. Can’t recall ever being this excited about watching a team develop.
As long as VK stays this is my thought exactly
These 3 users liked this post: St Austell Claret NewClaret theonlywayisup

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:15 am

TBF, United were happy to let us have the ball, and we didn't do much with it in the second half. We need to take our chances when we're on top.
These 2 users liked this post: JohnDearyMe bumba

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:06 am

No point dominating possession if it's backwards passes between defender and GK then only creating two chances that you don't take.
Every team in the premier league has players that can hurt you we need to create more and score more.
We've seen other teams get promoted playing nice football but still go back down.
We have to defend better and we have to score more, possession alone doesn't win games

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:25 am

I saw a comment from a United fan that said although we outplayed them, that’s the least threatened their goal will be all season. I’d tend to agree with that.

It’s such a shame that Foster was suspended because Jonny Evans wouldn’t have had such an easy game if he wasn’t.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:30 am

Unfortunately in the second half we created bugger all. And for a team that at this moment in time can't keep a clean sheet it doesn't bode well.

As CT said in his match report these are the sort of teams you need to take points from if we have to have any chance this season. Obviously not every week, but this was a golden opportunity squandered

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:54 am

NewClaret wrote:
Am I the only one?

Last night was the first time I’ve really felt we dominated a top PL side. Despite Uniteds injuries and form, I didn’t expect us to win. I just see it that they have those one or two players who can find a chance and punish you in a split second, and so it proved.

But putting that aside I thought the performance was excellent. Some absolutely brilliant stuff and it was a pleasure to watch. We made United look bad. Even if we go down, I’d rather watch that football week in week out. But if we stay up I think we’ve got something special starting to form. Can’t recall ever being this excited about watching a team develop.

Trafford (despite me calling for Muric) will improve as Muric did and looks a top top prospect. Beyer is fantastic, some weaknesses but so many strengths. AAD looks an immense talent too, I think he’s going to the top.

Koleosho could be a world beater, unbelievable to think he’s just turned 19, Amdouni & Tresor clearly very talented too. Fosters development is insane and if our coaching team can do that to the other three we’re in for something unreal.

That’s before mentioning Berge - who I thought was excellent when he came on again (worth watching the last 15 minutes back because I missed his contribution live) - and Ramsey looking really special.

I think we’re a season or two of PL experience and maybe a few players off a really top side.

If we went down, I think we’d lose some of those mentioned but have Muric, Ekdal, CJER, Delcroix, McNally and Twine to come back in, plus I think we’d keep Anas & Benny. Larsen has looked a real talent, as did Odobert. Massengo still to see. Obafemi to come back from injury. That’s a serious team in its own right so I’m sure we’d be very competitive in the Championship.

Sorry for the long post but really feel we’re exceptionally lucky to be watching this team emerge. Exciting times.
I do agree with a lot of your sentiments, my only concern is that as pretty as the football looks at times we are just not scoring the goals I thought we would.

I knew we would concede but I expected us to score fairly often.

Right now I think we have scored the fewest in the league and conceded the second most. It’s not a great recipe, however I do believe things are heading in the right direction. There’s clear development and improvement, we just need to keep developing and hopefully it keeps us up. Mainly because I fear VK will be sacked if it looks like relegation is on the cards.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:01 am

All the replies so far have been about the United match. Yes I mentioned that because it’s the first time I can really remember us dominating the ball vs one of the big PL / champions league teams. Obviously it wasn’t a perfect performance and there’ll be areas to improve while we’re developing.

But my point was my excitement around the team we’re developing. I’ve never known us have such a young group with such high ceilings. It’s more the fact that the team taking on these powerhouses is made up of teenagers and v early 20’s.

I feel if we get this right we might have an incredible team who could genuinely make us competitive in this league with a few years experience and development.

But I don’t fear going down any more, partly because the Championship is fun - good KO times, two games a week, no VAR, etc - but also because we have such squad depth of good young players I’d also like to see if the “worst” happens.

Obviously I’d much prefer we didn’t because we’ll need to stay up to see this team fulfill its potential, and my gut feel is that we’ll be fine once we play more teams around our level, but I’m massively excited about what’s developing.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:01 am

Agee with virtually everything said on this thread so far except the comment re VK being sacked - not a chance.
Relegation, not that I think it will happen, would do us no harm.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:03 am

Agree NC. Just watch the team get better as Vinnie has said. When we play our best 11 I don’t think there’s much to fear from about half of the league.

burnley007
Been Liked: 641 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:41 am

agreed.
So much potential in this team, Once the coaching staff sort out our solidity we will be a real force.

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 4midable » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:45 am

Once it clicks...
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:48 am

There was an old bloke behind me constantly shouting “get it forward” etc, it was like being in the 80s!! We had 12 shots 5 on target, we’ve played games in the Prem where we have had 1 or 2 shots, none on target.

Neil
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Neil » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:51 am

Well if it's even half as special as mentioned here, discussing relegation on this thread seems bizarre.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:55 am

Spijed wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:30 am

As CT said in his match report these are the sort of teams you need to take points from if we have to have any chance this season. Obviously not every week, but this was a golden opportunity squandered
In the last 10 years we have played them 16 times and won 1. We have taken 2 points out of 24 at home!
This user liked this post: NewClaret

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:03 am

Neil wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:51 am
Well if it's even half as special as mentioned here, discussing relegation on this thread seems bizarre.
My point was more that I don’t fear it any more, for the reasons stated. My gut feel is we’ll be okay but are a way off the top ten teams for now.

Yet it clearly presents a risk whilst we have such a young and inexperienced team, however talented they may be. The potential rewards are high but clearly some risk involved in the strategy too.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:03 am

Hibsclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:03 am
Agree NC. Just watch the team get better as Vinnie has said. When we play our best 11 I don’t think there’s much to fear from about half of the league.
You can clearly see the development week in week out. I think VK isn’t far away from figuring out his best eleven.

I think Koleosho has been a real surprise for VK this year. I am adamant VK was planning on a front line of Amdouni, Foster, Tresor but I think Koleosho has almost forced his way in with his performances.

He’s got a big decision when everyone is fit. I truly believe this midfield/attack keeps us up comfortably:

Cullen, Berge, Ramsey
Koleosho, foster, Amdouni

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7199 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:10 am

I'd rather 'something really special' happened in the Premier than the Championship.

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:11 am

Quicknick wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:10 am
I'd rather 'something really special' happened in the Premier than the Championship.
obviously. :roll:

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:13 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:55 am
In the last 10 years we have played them 16 times and won 1. We have taken 2 points out of 24 at home!
I just think the point was made that when teams like Man U. are as poor as they have been for some time then you have to take some of those opportunities to get a few points against them. Otherwise it starts to put enormous pressure on getting the maximum from those around us.

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:18 am

Couldn't agree more with the opening post, I have never been as excited watching Burnley. As good as all the young players are and as good as I think they will possibly become, I think that we should recognise how important the addition of Taylor and Brownhill's PL experience to this team during the last 2 game have been. I think that we lacked a little experience in the first few games but I also think with VK at the helm we are fast learners.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:30 am

Spijed wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:13 am
I just think the point was made that when teams like Man U. are as poor as they have been for some time then you have to take some of those opportunities to get a few points against them. Otherwise it starts to put enormous pressure on getting the maximum from those around us.
'twas ever thus. United have bounced from shambles to shambles ever since Ferguson retired. We've played all but 2 of our PL games against them in the post-Ferguson era and our record against them has been poor throughout, particularly at home. They're a mess as a club but they're still no mugs on the pitch and have good players who can hurt you.

The pressure will undoubtedly be on in the games against the bottom half teams and it was always going to be that way.
This user liked this post: Spijed

GaryClaret
Been Liked: 35 times
Has Liked: 231 times

Post by GaryClaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:47 am

I just think VK is looking for the right formula....the right balance between defence and attack. On Saturday It was the closest to that balance that I've seen so far this season. Like others have said it was a bit of a toothless 2nd half performance but it doesn't mean that's going to be the way all season.

It's performances like Norwich at home and away in the relegation season that are the key results that mean you're in trouble.

I do worry about leaking goals on set pieces against the weaker sides. You can play as pretty as you like but it's all worth nothing if you give simple goals at corners away. But I was worried about that last season and we seemed to fix it to a large extent.

It's a bit boring to say but it's too early to come to conclusions on this side. I yearn for us to play game after game so we can see the improvement sooner....the stop/start nature of the season hasn't helped but thankfully there's plenty of games now up to Christmas.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 923 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:07 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:25 am
I saw a comment from a United fan that said although we outplayed them, that’s the least threatened their goal will be all season. I’d tend to agree with that.

It’s such a shame that Foster was suspended because Jonny Evans wouldn’t have had such an easy game if he wasn’t.
Yes I agree with you. Did we have a shot in the second half? Some lovely stuff around the pitch but no end product. Foster might have made a difference but we need another striker as well as two full backs.

ClaretOfMancunia
Been Liked: 47 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Post by ClaretOfMancunia » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:10 am

All looked good on Saturday, except set pieces - especially corners at both ends of the pitch. Wasted our opportunity with short corner routines that ended back up with Trafford. Dread us conceding whenever the opposition are awarded one as Trafford seems to get no cover or support and we lack height.

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:12 am

I admit I was a bit disappointed to see Ramsey starting. I thought he'd looked a bit lightweight. I was completely wrong. He looks a real talent. Then Bruun Larsen came on and also looked really sharp.

This squad just keeps giving us new and fabulous talents.

We are yet to see Odobert.
This user liked this post: KateR

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:27 am

burnley007 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:12 am
I admit I was a bit disappointed to see Ramsey starting. I thought he'd looked a bit lightweight. I was completely wrong. He looks a real talent. Then Bruun Larsen came on and also looked really sharp.

This squad just keeps giving us new and fabulous talents.

We are yet to see Odobert.
Odobert came on at forest in the cup and had that late chance.

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:30 am

claretandy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:27 am
yeah, but you know what I mean. We are yet to see him get a proper chance, I would expect him to start tomorrow.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:36 am

claretandy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:27 am
I saw enough vs Forest in the cup to suggest Odobert will also be a really good signing. We’re literally brimming with exciting attacking players.

ervi34
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by ervi34 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:57 am

Heavy possession and few clear cut chances was the same problem we had early on in the last season. Just remember games like Preston, Stoke, Hull and Cardiff. The difference is that most of the time we were able to take at least a point. So the general feeling was "yes, we need to create better chances with the amount of possession we have, but at least we got a point". PL is a different because we play against tougher opposition and the only thing we got from playing well was a compliment from Bruno Fernandes.

Kompany fixed the problem last year and I trust him to do the same this season.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 5066 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:58 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:16 am
people keep saying we've had tough fixtures but they've come at the best time imho, at any time of the season we wouldn't be thinking we would pick up many points against these teams - so to me we are learning at the right time and not really 'wasting' games or points. This thought process only works if we win at Luton etc etc though !!
I said exactly the same to my brother. 5 new players, 9 new to the Prem, it was always going to be a learning curve. Much rather face teams we would expect to struggle against, than have to learn against those we need to take points off.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:11 am

Enjoyed this read today from Andy Jones on this subject:

https://theathletic.com/4893805/2023/09 ... -surprise/

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:30 am

It's really frustrating as you can see the raw ability in the team and you can absolutely understand what we're trying to do/our approach. Unfortunately we have been rather naive/guilty of poor finishing and in some games farcical at the back, but this is understandable to an extent with the youth of the team and the lack of experience playing against players of the level they now are. The step up is bigger than even our last promotion and we have had tough fixtures, no doubt about that.

I do honestly think we will be in a relegation battle all season for sure, due to the factors I mention above - but we will get better and better. We are having to suffer early for long term gain, and just need to hope that the team can get into a points winning stride early enough to salvage a rescue well in time. That is not meant to sound as negative as it clearly does, I firmly believe we are not in the worst three teams in this division but we have ensured there is now going to be a lot of pressure on the games against the bottom half already. It's simple to say "Well our fixtures have been hard", we all know that, but the team are having to now keep their chins up in this adversity and then ensure they are on it and beating 'teams like Luton' when the opportunity arises. We need to stick behind them and the manager to the maximum that we can whilst we are getting through these fixtures.

The thing I would say is IF we can stay up this season, the experience and know how that will have been imparted upon this squad (and manager) will be immeasurable. I could see us have a, frankly, ridiculous team next season with a years worth of Premier League football behind us. It feels a crucial one in that respect to keep this team together and see just what they can become.

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:33 am

i thought this was going to be a thread about viagra.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4108 times
Has Liked: 6591 times

Post by bobinho » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:41 am

I seem to remember the same thing happening last season. The initial struggle due to the newness of the players, but then some of us could see it was starting to gel. Then it did…. And quite a few were saying “I feel something really special is developing”.

Can’t understand the negativity, I really can’t. Beggars belief at times. It’s like some are expecting us to easily beat the teams we have already played! Jeez, it’s our first season back with new players all round ffs and some are demanding more already!!!!
These 3 users liked this post: KateR Uwe Noble Colburn_Claret

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:06 pm

yTib wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:33 am
i thought this was going to be a thread about viagra.
In that case I’d have entitled it:

“I can feel something HUGE developing…” obviously.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm

We 100% did not “dominate” United on Saturday.

The statistics on attempts were very similar and they also have the disallowed goal and generally the much bigger threat they posed from corners and set pieces.

We played well in first half and that is some cause for optimism. But the second half was a massive missed opportunity for me. We were way too slow in the build up and only seemed to show some urgency in the last 10 minutes or so after the subs which I also thought we had brought on unusually late for VK.

That’s possibly the worse and lowest confidence United side we have seen in decades and they were there for the taking. If they fielded that team every week then for me they are not far off being one of our relegation rivals.

But I do agree that we are playing decent in spells and will definitely improve

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:30 pm

Second half we barely layed a glove on United. Agree there's reasons for optimism but think some folk are getting a bit carried away.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 547 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Another number 9 in January to back foster up and let Amdouni do his thing in a deeper role and we will be fine I think

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:54 pm

The teams that have beaten us, have beaten everyone else in the bottom 12 of this league. W15 D1 L0, Brentford got a draw against Spurs.
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret Falcon

KateR
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:51 pm

I don't think its VK searching/looking for his best 11 to start yet, I think its more of every player understanding VK and staff's tactics and style, plus forming good partnerships, where it becomes instinctive. We've numerous players who've only had one or two starts and some yet to play, I think we've got a very good second 11 ready to play and expect to see them tomorrow. Lot's more to come from this squad yet, I think striker is the only position that there's a gulf in class between 1st & 2nd choices, and were really missing Foster, don't think many of us expected to be saying that 5 games into the season.

I'm fully expecting us to start slowly moving up and out of the relegation spots after the Newcastle game

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:11 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:39 pm
Another number 9 in January to back foster up and let Amdouni do his thing in a deeper role and we will be fine I think
Another striker has to be a top priority in January especially with foster away at the ACN.

PensansClaret
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by PensansClaret » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:39 pm

I have supported Burnley for 55 years and this is the best Burnley squad I’ve seen. Once we get it right we’ll be a match for anyone. Give the team and coaching staff time and we’ll be more than repaid. Mr Pace, directors, Vincent Kompany and all involved thank you.
These 6 users liked this post: burnley007 Uwe Noble Colburn_Claret bobinho Nonayforever Falcon

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:54 pm

PensansClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:39 pm
I have supported Burnley for 55 years and this is the best Burnley squad I’ve seen. Once we get it right we’ll be a match for anyone. Give the team and coaching staff time and we’ll be more than repaid. Mr Pace, directors, Vincent Kompany and all involved thank you.
Agreed, I can't wait to see what this team will be like by Christmas.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7199 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:28 pm

burnley007 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:11 am
obviously. :roll:
The point is the OP states that 'something really special is developing' when we have one point out of fifteen.

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:29 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Am I the only one?

Totally agree. I've watched the Clarets since the early seventies and things have never been better. I think is manager is so impressive and the football is sublime.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:33 pm

This brand-new team will make mistakes, lose games and take time to gel. But I think we will get there. We'll be comfortable during the business end of the season when other teams are scrapping for points to stay in the league.

Losing Zaroury and Foster through suspension has been frustrating as we missed Foster this weekend, but it's just like last season when we got off to a sticky start. I think we will solve the left-back issue in January, sell some players and re-invest, especially if it looks like we have enough points on the board to contemplate PL football next season.

We'll be OK, don't worry.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:43 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:28 pm
The point is the OP states that 'something really special is developing' when we have one point out of fifteen.
Maybe some people can see the bigger picture, just like they could when the owners took over, and after sacking Dyche, and after relegation, and after the sticky start last season.
This user liked this post: RVclaret

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:49 pm

It's also about winning the 'right' games too.

Picking points up against the likes of Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, etc., are just a bonus. Getting results against the likes of Nott'm Forest. Sheff Utd, Everton, Luton, Wolves and Bournemouth are more important because they are teams who will probably be there, or thereabouts, at the end of the season. We've only played one of them so far.