Sheff Wed fan who mocked Bradley Lowery

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Re: Sheff Wed fan who mocked Bradley Lowery

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:12 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 pm
I see people clamouring for a prison sentence here. I mean what they have done is low and scummy but does it really warrant a custodial sentence?

I mean their reputation is in the toilet, they have lost their jobs and will be virtually unemployable at least in the near future all three their deprived actions. Is that not enough?

Never mind all the bans they will receive and the social stigma. They have lost a lot ( and deservedly so ) with such a stupid thoughtless action, but a custodial sentence? Cmon

Even now if they would come out and make a grovelling apology and perhaps engage in some fund raising for the foundation it would help the healing process and actually give them a bit of dignity back.
I have read a little bit of the article somewhere and it does say the judge is contemplating it as too many people these days think their actions dont merit action. It is a little bit OTT but it will send a message to these sort of degenerates that this behaviour wont be tolerated even if its meant in jest.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1189 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:20 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 pm
I see people clamouring for a prison sentence here. I mean what they have done is low and scummy but does it really warrant a custodial sentence?

I mean their reputation is in the toilet, they have lost their jobs and will be virtually unemployable at least in the near future all three their deprived actions. Is that not enough?

Never mind all the bans they will receive and the social stigma. They have lost a lot ( and deservedly so ) with such a stupid thoughtless action, but a custodial sentence? Cmon

Even now if they would come out and make a grovelling apology and perhaps engage in some fund raising for the foundation it would help the healing process and actually give them a bit of dignity back.
Prison won't be a punishment far from it you might as well just send them on holiday & have done with it, I agree with the rest of your post, from here on it they names will be sh1t & people will just ostracise them.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10261 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:25 pm

A prison sentence is not necessary.
They have suffered a lot already and quite rightly so.
I don't envy their next few weeks.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5093 times
Has Liked: 6919 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:33 pm

Hmm, I think a prison sentence in one of these would wipe the smirk of his smug arrogant face.
North East Prisons
Deerbolt.
Durham.
Frankland.
Holme House.
Kirklevington Grange.
Low Newton.
Northumberland.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1774 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:26 pm

What's prison going to do? They'll just come out as bigger arseholes… figuratively speaking, or not.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:33 pm
Hmm, I think a prison sentence in one of these would wipe the smirk of his smug arrogant face.
North East Prisons
Deerbolt.
Durham.
Frankland.
Holme House.
Kirklevington Grange.
Low Newton.
Northumberland.
We should be locking up half the Cricket Field stand due to the Jack Walker song which is equally vile and disgusting.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

basil6345789
Been Liked: 482 times
Has Liked: 2292 times

Post by basil6345789 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:13 pm
I thought I’d seen and heard everything in football until I saw a statement last night from Sheffield Wednesday condemning a fan who had mocked Bradley Lowery during their game against Sunderland on Friday night.

The good news is that 31-year-old Dale Houghton has now been charged of a public order offence and currently remains in custody and the police have requested a banning order.

How low can some people sink?
They should be requesting a cut off his balls order

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6775 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:40 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:26 pm
What's prison going to do? They'll just come out as bigger arseholes… figuratively speaking, or not.
Unfortunately transportation to Van Daemonsland is off the menu.
Nasty fukkaz for sure, but what more can be done?
Interestingly, a couple of twohats show how crass we can be and some nutter cuts down a tree, and few people respond to the fatal stabbings in Croydon.
These 2 users liked this post: tarkys_ears Anonymous Claret

Jellybean
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Jellybean » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:49 pm

Good point boatsged, the lack of coverage for that poor girl in London is appalling and bizarre to say the least.

I think prison would be very over the top for this muppet, there does seem to have been a trial by media with this.

Agree whole heartedly that our fans should stop singing the jack walker song, surely as morally bad as holding up the photo?
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill tarkys_ears

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:49 am

Good comes out of bad. I thought the lad was very fortunate to get away with a suspended sentence and a five year banning order for the incident that was mocking Bradley Lowery.

That was the bad - the good is in response, Sheffield Wednesday Women's Supporters Group have raised £30,000 for the Bradley Lowery Foundation.
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera Bosscat Rick_Muller

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:40 pm

Back in the day anytime any tragedy happened there was a plethora of jokes. I can remember a few from the Heysal tragedy and from Michael Watson's devastating life changing injury.

And of course Everton fans still mock Hillsborough and given half a chance a good proportion of Turf Moor would be happy to enough to sing songs about Jack Walker's heart attack.

I think tribalism de-sensitises people and the young have little or no experience of loss to understand the devastating impact it has on people.

Football tolerates this kind of tribal animosity and to an extent we are all complicit.

It's sad that we have so many amongst us that have little empathy for others but it's wrong to take vengeance on the ones stupid enough to express out loud what more than a few think in private or will only express as part of a crowd.

Public humiliation and, of course, an extended ban from football grounds and social media sites should suffice lest we become as bad as those we wish to persecute/prosecute.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1052 times
Has Liked: 556 times

Post by Fretters » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:45 pm

The pr1ck got a suspended sentence.

https://news.sky.com/video/bradley-lowe ... h-13010352

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:04 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:40 pm

And of course Everton fans still mock Hillsborough
AND Everton never did and never will mock Hillsborough - but this thread was about the dick who mocked a 5-year-old child who lost his life.
These 2 users liked this post: wilks_bfc Bosscat

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:35 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:40 pm
Back in the day anytime any tragedy happened there was a plethora of jokes. I can remember a few from the Heysal tragedy and from Michael Watson's devastating life changing injury.

And of course Everton fans still mock Hillsborough and given half a chance a good proportion of Turf Moor would be happy to enough to sing songs about Jack Walker's heart attack.

I think tribalism de-sensitises people and the young have little or no experience of loss to understand the devastating impact it has on people.

Football tolerates this kind of tribal animosity and to an extent we are all complicit.

It's sad that we have so many amongst us that have little empathy for others but it's wrong to take vengeance on the ones stupid enough to express out loud what more than a few think in private or will only express as part of a crowd.

Public humiliation and, of course, an extended ban from football grounds and social media sites should suffice lest we become as bad as those we wish to persecute/prosecute.
I can honestly say, I have never sung "witty " songs or made jokes about Heysel, Hillsborough, Michael Watson, Jack Walker, Aberfan, The Yorkshire Ripper, The Great Plague, The Holocaust, etc, etc,
Nor do I know anyone who has.
Every Club has a few cretins following it though and they need rooting out.
Just my opinion.
These 6 users liked this post: ClaretTony nil_desperandum evensteadiereddie Whitgord Bosscat IanMcL

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:04 pm

You just cannot get your head round anyone who does this.

There’s simply no rhyme or reason….nor excuse for doing this (including how drunk or drugged they were).

Not sure a custodial sentence is the answer either. Make them spend some time with victims and victims families in a supervised educational type setting. Or do this alongside a custodial sentence.

Issue banning orders from football grounds too for anyone found to be guilty.

Fretters

Post by Fretters » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:04 pm
Not sure a custodial sentence is the answer either. Make them spend some time with victims and victims families in a supervised educational type setting. Or do this alongside a custodial sentence.
I absolutely agree. I'd have ordered community service as a porter or something in a children's cancer ward.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:26 pm

Fretters wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:16 pm
I absolutely agree. I'd have ordered community service as a porter or something in a children's cancer ward.
If your child was in a cancer ward would you want someone like him working there?

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:28 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:04 pm
AND Everton never did and never will mock Hillsborough - but this thread was about the dick who mocked a 5-year-old child who lost his life.
Well there are plenty of dicks on here who perhaps should also go to prison. Mocking 96 dead most probably in front of families of the bereaved seems pretty bad to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm7p2H- ... amMcfadyen

It's a mute point I absolutely don't condone it. I just hope that public vilification, a life time ban from football grounds and an extended ban from social media is sufficient.

Saying that if my post sounded like I condone it or justify then it was badly written.

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:32 pm

CaptainKirk wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:35 pm
I can honestly say, I have never sung "witty " songs or made jokes about Heysel, Hillsborough, Michael Watson, Jack Walker, Aberfan, The Yorkshire Ripper, The Great Plague, The Holocaust, etc, etc,
Nor do I know anyone who has.
Every Club has a few cretins following it though and they need rooting out.
Just my opinion.
They did he's been banned.

Nor did I sing any of those songs, but you clearly are aware of them. You can't live life or expedite justice on the basis of what you or I have done.

Ring around the Roses has been around for centuries and 'how many lived etc' is well known to all of us.

As I said I was not condoning it just making a point about whether this kind of act warrants some kind of restorative justice or a custodial sentence.

Clearly my post was badly written.

claretburns
Been Liked: 863 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:37 pm

Fretters wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:16 pm
Think a community service order to take place somewhere in Sunderland would have taught him a better lesson.
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:25 pm

There isnt a single club out there that can consider themselves blameless when it comes to repulsive goading of opposition fans, ours included. I would say its a sign of the times, but i heard stuff on the turf decades ago that was frankly disgraceful . Welsh fans were the recipiants of the taunts. Beyond belief.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1189 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:55 pm

claretburns wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:37 pm
Think a community service order to take place somewhere in Sunderland would have taught him a better lesson.
I know a few lads from Chester who would happily volunteer to launch him off at panns banks into the murky waters of the wear.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:12 am

claretburns wrote:
That would have been a good idea

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2981 times
Has Liked: 2079 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:35 am

I wonder if his parents are proud of him.

They wouldn't give him a custodial sentence for fear he wouldn't get out alive.

Shame really, an opportunity missed.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3195 times
Has Liked: 1875 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:35 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:35 am
I wonder if his parents are proud of him.

They wouldn't give him a custodial sentence for fear he wouldn't get out alive.

Shame really, an opportunity missed.
Wasn’t it his brother also involved/seen laughing along with him as well?

Fretters

Post by Fretters » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:51 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:26 pm
If your child was in a cancer ward would you want someone like him working there?
A fair point, claretburns's suggestion is much better.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:46 pm

Some strange ideas in this thread.

The best thing for that bloke (and society) would be a smack of reality and to be shown why what he’s done has wrong so that he could learn some empathy and that bottom of the barrel provocative jibes are utterly moronic.

This notion that people can’t change and the only sort of justice is being beat within an inch of his life and a custodial sentence is just daft.

ecc
Been Liked: 1443 times
Has Liked: 1290 times

Post by ecc » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:26 pm

claretburns wrote:
Spot on. Working in their ticket office could have been nice. Obviously, wearing a tee-shirt with a print of his comments on it.