Burnley v Chelsea - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ChristheViking
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Re: Burnley v Chelsea - Player Ratings

Post by ChristheViking » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:21 pm

Trafford 6 - hard to mark him down when it's individual errors in front of him

Vitinho 4 - must be delighted the contract was signed before that performance. Responsible for first two goals.
AAD 5 - don't think he was as bad as others but can't argue if he's dropped now.
Delcroix 5 - won't be a partnership with AAD for sure
Taylor 5 - not his usual energy

Cullen 6 - ok
Berge 4 - way too casual with his passes
Brownhill 5 - barely noticed him.
Tresor 4 - got his chance to start and blew it.
Odobert 7* - nice goal and first half looked our most potent threat

Foster 6 - good assist but then got little to no service

Ramsey 4 - 2nd week in a row he has cost us a goal because of lack of basic ball control. That price tag is worrying.
Roberts 5 - should be a shoe-in over Vitinho but needs to work on his distribution.
Koleosho 5
O’Shea 4 - should be nowhere near the first XI and there needs to be a strong argument for him being on the bench. Responsible for goal 4.

The substitutions cost us the game. Individual errors are killing us. Another week and we're still no nearer sorting out the best XI. Ask 100 fans and you'll get 100 different line-ups.

We are shipping goals for fun. Every goal gift-wrapped today. We've got problems.

helmclaret
Been Liked: 325 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by helmclaret » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:23 pm

Thought we played well in the first half. Second half was a different story…

Trafford 5 - Muric HAS to come back in. For the way we want to play his distribution isn’t good enough. Those lobbed balls out wide are serving no purpose whatsoever. Muric can kick the ball 80 yards off the ground, this lad can’t

Vitinho 4 - up against a world class player and was exposed. He’s not the answer for us at right back in the Premier League.

Al Dakhil 6 - some good covering round at the back and was tidy on the ball. Shame about the OG and was surprised he was taken off, unless he got a knock?

Delcroix 5 - not aggressive enough for me. Composed on the ball.

Taylor 6 - pretty average today

Cullen 5 - not a PL midfielder unfortunately

Berge 5 - I can’t work him out. So sloppy second half and it put us under constant pressure. Not doing enough for me yet.

Brownhill 5 - not a PL midfielder

Odebert 7 - looks like a real prospect

Tresor 3 - hardly involved and didn’t look up for it

Foster 7* - our only genuine PL player. Strong, aggressive and a threat. The others need to get with him.

O'Shea 4 - Beyer and Ekdal - we need you back
Roberts 4 - was never going to make an impact
Koleosho 6 - few promising runs but no end product today
Ramsey 4 - played out of position. He’s an attacking midfielder who plays between the lines. Get him higher up the pitch.
This user liked this post: thomo27

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:29 pm

Not sure I saw quite the same game as others - thought that we were very good in the first half and suffered from the need to reorganise the backline twice in the second half, and the shape was more coherent than against Villa and Spurs in particular. But clearly still plenty of lessons to learn.

Trafford- 7 - didn't think he did much wrong although I would like him to come and sweep up, and take crosses more often. Thought his range of distribution was much improved actually.

Vitinho - 5 - added a dimension to our possession play, but struggled badly against Sterling one v one, albeit with minimal support, and it was always likely to cost us eventually.

Taylor- 6 - thought he had a good, tenacious and composed first half but got a bit ragged as the second half wore on.

Al Dakhil- 7 - can't get my head around his marks. Did very little wrong, kept Broja very quiet, showed the composure at the heart of our goal and desperately unlucky with the own goal for which he was blameless.

Delcroix- 5 - just about held his own in the first half, but decidedly shaky in the second half and his distribution was unconvincing.

Cullen - 7 - thought he was a really effective influence in the first half, albeit slightly neutralised by his yellow card, and his importance was underscored when he went off.

Berge - 6 - best player on the park in the first half, but his head went down in the second half and as one of our senior players we needed more leadership from him.

Brownhill- 6 - snapped around effectively in the first half and kept scrapping in the second but a more peripheral figure.

Tresor - 4 - great touch to open the pitch up for our goal but that was one of only a few nice moments in a largely peripheral first half before he disappeared alarmingly completely in the second half.

Odobert - 7 - took his goal really well and showed other moments of real promise although he understandably tired and should have been withdrawn well before he was.

Foster - 7 - apart from butchering an early counter attacking opportunity, looked the real deal again, although I think he can do more to give us an outfall when we are under the cosh.

O'Shea - 4 - didn't look comfortable at all and thr way he was turned and left behind for the 4th was concerning.

Roberts - 5 - his slack pass gave Ramsey nowhere to go for the 3rd goal, and after that the game was done.

Ramsey- 5 - for the second game in a row, not helped by a silly square pass making him a sitting target for the press, but also for the second week running, too casual in trying to deal with the situation.

Koleosho- 5 one nice run but no great opportunity to threaten much.

The first half was pretty good. Apart from the mismatch between Vitinho and Sterling we made the game complete even and if anything were shading it until a cruel moment of misfortune gifted Chelsea an equaliser. With Cullen often dropping into the right pocket, and Berge and Brownhill rotating to play deeper we managed to control the midfield for long periods, particularly after we scored. Trafford in truth had little to do.

After the break it was a different story. Chelsea pressed a bit higher, Jackson gave them more pace up front, but I'd have backed us to deal with that better had we (a) not had to replace Al Dakhil with O'Shea leaving us with a second string centre back pairing, and (b) not conceded a relatively innocuous penalty so early in the half. After that Chelsea looked what they are- a team of world class individuals. No doubt our passing could have been more polished, and I continue to think we don't look for options to play forwards into space enough (the third goal when Roberts elected to play a square ball to Ramsey with his back to goal, rather than play a longer, forward pass across to Odobert in space, was a case in point) but we shouldn't forget the good elements of the performance in lamenting that. Put our best back four on the pitch and I'm reasonably happy that we end that game looking like we've taken a step forwards from the Villa and Spurs games.
These 3 users liked this post: RVclaret GaryClaret warksclaret

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:35 pm

Just got back home and still angry at that second half. The capitulation, defensive personnel regardless, was unacceptable. Not read the thread, but my scores:

Trafford 6

Vitinho 3 - As soon as I saw him in the team instead of Roberts I said to my mate “Sterling is going to take him to the cleaners”, I take no pleasure in being correct. Unless Roberts had a knock I just cannot understand the thinking here.

Al-Dakhil 7 - Missed him terribly after he went off.

Delcroix 5 - Not great in possession, looks very worried/haphazard.

Taylor 6

Cullen 6

Berge 5

Brownhill 5

Odobert 7 - Good finish and very lively in the first half. Seemed to tire quickly.

Tresor 4 - It takes some players longer than others to adapt to this level, and that seems to be the case with Tresor. Looks like he should be a long way down the pecking order for a wing berth, currently.

Foster 7 - Brilliant play for the goal and generally very good on the ball.

Sub:

O’Shea 4 - Not impressed
Koleosho 7
Roberts/Ramsey/Larsen - 6

A poor performance and (without knowing any justifiable reasons for absentees) some baffling selections in the team. Chelsea were not a good side - they were a big team in name only and the bottom half have and will take points off them. Having gone 1-0 up and looking very comfortable, it’s mystifying to witness what happened. The team is very brittle and it’s head drops quickly.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 5066 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:40 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho 4
Al-Dakhil 5
Delcroix 4
Taylor 4
Cullen 6
Berge 6
Trésor 3
Brownhill 5
Odobert 7
Foster 6

Roberts 5
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 5

We've had some poor results, but that's the first time I've been really disappointed with us.
I said against Luton, we need to attack in order to defend.
We started off fine, on the front foot, then once we scored we stopped.
Trafford and the back 4 can only pass it between themselves, they are all so poor at hitting the channels, finding a spare man in the Midfield, playing a decent ball over the top. Even when an opportunity arises they fail to see it. They paint themselves into corners then give the ball away cheaply , again and again.
The saddest part is we have enough quality up front to hurt teams, but we fail to feed them decent balls.

How many times do we have to give the ball away cheaply before we learn, and if we are going to give it away far better to lose it outside their box than our own

A message VK has to get through to all the squad

IN THIS LEAGUE RABBITS GET RUN OVER.

Grow some ******** and use the bloody ball positively.

ervi34
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by ervi34 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:43 pm

Copy/paste from Tottenham game. We started well, were playing well and then completely fell apart once they scored the first goal. I could listen to excuses in August but now I won't give the benefit of the doubt to Kompany or players. Simply not good enough!

Trafford - 5
I think he looked bright in the first half. Solid distribution, managed to catch a few goals and look more confident. The biggest problem I have with him is the fact that I just don't have confidence that he can actually produce a game defining save like Heaton or Pope used to.

Taylor - 6
Good defensively, bad with ball at his feet. Nothing we didn't know already.

Delcroix - 6
I was really surprised to see him involved but I actually don't think he was that bad. Suspicious passing but completed his defensive duties well.

AAD - 5
Unlucky to concede an own goal. Don't think he should have been subbed off.

Vitinho - 3
Had a shocker. Sterling managed to beat him every single time. At fault for the first goal and gave them a chance to score the second.

Brownhill - 5
Decent enough at the beginning but completely disappeared after 35 minutes.

Cullen - 6
I think he was slightly better than other two CM's but an early yellow card really limited his output.

Berge - 5
Not good enough out of possession.

Odobert - 7 MOTM
Good start, good finish for the goal but faded as the time went on (like a lot of our wingers). Certainly a promising player.

Tresor - 4
Very, very poor. Gave the ball away too many times, not careful when we were defending, offensive output non existent. Looks like he's still adapting to PL level.

Foster - 6
Nice run and assist. Works a lot but unfortunately not a lot of service today.

Subs:

O'Shea - 5
Awful for the fourth goal, passing also very suspicious. Not seen anything to suggest he's ready to play in the top tier.

Others weren't involved enough to rate them.

Kompany - 4
Too many changes. We don't attack good enough for a team that concedes more than 2 goals on average. Don't think that's sustainable in the long run .

Neil
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Neil » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:19 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:29 pm
Not sure I saw quite the same game as others - thought that we were very good in the first half and suffered from the need to reorganise the backline twice in the second half, and the shape was more coherent than against Villa and Spurs in particular. But clearly still plenty of lessons to learn.

Trafford- 7 - didn't think he did much wrong although I would like him to come and sweep up, and take crosses more often. Thought his range of distribution was much improved actually.

Vitinho - 5 - added a dimension to our possession play, but struggled badly against Sterling one v one, albeit with minimal support, and it was always likely to cost us eventually.

Taylor- 6 - thought he had a good, tenacious and composed first half but got a bit ragged as the second half wore on.

Al Dakhil- 7 - can't get my head around his marks. Did very little wrong, kept Broja very quiet, showed the composure at the heart of our goal and desperately unlucky with the own goal for which he was blameless.

Delcroix- 5 - just about held his own in the first half, but decidedly shaky in the second half and his distribution was unconvincing.

Cullen - 7 - thought he was a really effective influence in the first half, albeit slightly neutralised by his yellow card, and his importance was underscored when he went off.

Berge - 6 - best player on the park in the first half, but his head went down in the second half and as one of our senior players we needed more leadership from him.

Brownhill- 6 - snapped around effectively in the first half and kept scrapping in the second but a more peripheral figure.

Tresor - 4 - great touch to open the pitch up for our goal but that was one of only a few nice moments in a largely peripheral first half before he disappeared alarmingly completely in the second half.

Odobert - 7 - took his goal really well and showed other moments of real promise although he understandably tired and should have been withdrawn well before he was.

Foster - 7 - apart from butchering an early counter attacking opportunity, looked the real deal again, although I think he can do more to give us an outfall when we are under the cosh.

O'Shea - 4 - didn't look comfortable at all and thr way he was turned and left behind for the 4th was concerning.

Roberts - 5 - his slack pass gave Ramsey nowhere to go for the 3rd goal, and after that the game was done.

Ramsey- 5 - for the second game in a row, not helped by a silly square pass making him a sitting target for the press, but also for the second week running, too casual in trying to deal with the situation.

Koleosho- 5 one nice run but no great opportunity to threaten much.

The first half was pretty good. Apart from the mismatch between Vitinho and Sterling we made the game complete even and if anything were shading it until a cruel moment of misfortune gifted Chelsea an equaliser. With Cullen often dropping into the right pocket, and Berge and Brownhill rotating to play deeper we managed to control the midfield for long periods, particularly after we scored. Trafford in truth had little to do.

After the break it was a different story. Chelsea pressed a bit higher, Jackson gave them more pace up front, but I'd have backed us to deal with that better had we (a) not had to replace Al Dakhil with O'Shea leaving us with a second string centre back pairing, and (b) not conceded a relatively innocuous penalty so early in the half. After that Chelsea looked what they are- a team of world class individuals. No doubt our passing could have been more polished, and I continue to think we don't look for options to play forwards into space enough (the third goal when Roberts elected to play a square ball to Ramsey with his back to goal, rather than play a longer, forward pass across to Odobert in space, was a case in point) but we shouldn't forget the good elements of the performance in lamenting that. Put our best back four on the pitch and I'm reasonably happy that we end that game looking like we've taken a step forwards from the Villa and Spurs games.
Cant agree with your first half analysis there.
At no point did we control the midfield, especially for long periods.
The majority of the first half was Chelsea playing keep ball albeit in ineffective areas.
Don't know how the first half stats finished but at one point in the half Chelsea had 72% possession.
We looked relatively comfortable but created nothing outside of the goal and a half chance not long after.
I agree there has been some improvement from the Villa and Spurs games but it's marginal in terms of being cut open rather easily and losing all shape when going behind.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:31 pm

Neil wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:19 pm
Cant agree with your first half analysis there.
At no point did we control the midfield, especially for long periods.
The majority of the first half was Chelsea playing keep ball albeit in ineffective areas.
Don't know how the first half stats finished but at one point in the half Chelsea had 72% possession.
We looked relatively comfortable but created nothing outside of the goal and a half chance not long after.
I agree there has been some improvement from the Villa and Spurs games but it's marginal in terms of being cut open rather easily and losing all shape when going behind.
Half time possession stats were 66-34 I think, with one shot on target apiece. But for the reasons you've said, whilst we didn't control the ball, we did control how the midfield battle operated. Our shape in midfield was really good in that half and we used the ball pretty well when we got it. The balance was better than its been all season at home.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2569 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:32 pm

Trafford 5 - some better distribution at times but just not good enough
Vitinho 3 - a stinker
Al-Dakhil 6 - hope that was injury that forced him off and not a tactical switch
Delcroix 5 - not good enough for this level of football
Taylor 6 - will at least put a challenge in, but slightly uncomfortable for much of the game
Cullen 6 - fine
Berge 5 - 7 for first half and 3 for the second half
Brownhill 5 - just got nowhere near Chelsea at any point
Tresor 3 - lazy and poor
Foster 6 - fine, put himself about
Odobert 6 - great finish and a decent debut, but should have been hooked way sooner

O’Shea 3 - downright dreadful. Not good enough for the league
Roberts 5 - defended better than the hapless Vitinho but his passing is rank at times
Ramsey 4 - worryingly lightweight

First half we scored a well worked goal and at least had a defensive shape about us, despite being a little too passive and not making enough of counter attacks.

Second half, and not for the first time, we completely imploded and lost all discipline and quality. We are utterly hopeless in these moments.

I’m sick to the back teeth of such as “VK will have to learn quickly”. His decisions today in terms of starting line up following a win and his substitutions were bordering on the unfathomable. He can throw his arms around on the touch line all he likes when we make yet another error, but he’s the one sending these kids out there to play a style of football we simply aren’t good enough for at this level.

The summer recruitment was a shambles and we’re left with ten of the same winger and not much else behind them. Big change of approach needed.

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:34 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
Al-Dakhil 7
Delcroix 5
Taylor 7
Cullen 7
Berge 7
Brownhill 6
Odobert 7
Tresor 4
Foster 8

O’Shea 4
Koleosho 5
Roberts 5
Ramsey 5
Larsen - 6

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:35 pm

Shambolic back 5

Trafford 4
Vitinho 4
AAD 3
Delcroix 4
Charlie 4

Midfield truly out of depth today
Cullen 3
Verge 3
Brownhill 3

The others
Foster 4
Tresor 3
Oddbert 5

Chelsea won the battle of the press and Sterling sadly was on fire or we were not at the races from 30 minutes in

claretgimmer
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 693 times

Post by claretgimmer » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:48 pm

Trafford 5 Handles the ball well but doesn`t come for crosses and distribution really is slow and woeful
Vitinho 3 okay at champy level but doesn`t cut it at prem level also exposed with the hapless Tresor in front of him
Al-Dakhil 5 defends okay but clueless when it comes to distribution
Delcroix 3 Passes like a fairy and didn`t impress one little bit
Taylor 6 Doesn`t seem comfortable with the passing out from the back but defended well and gives 100%
Cullen 5 played okay but was virtually doing a solo job in midfield
Berge 4 Found out against quality opposition poor/slow and couldn`t find even simple passes
Trésor 3 How underwhelming is this lad in possession and didn`t help Vitinho defend, he was all over the place
Brownhill 4 Sorry Josh but you don`t warrant a place in the starting line up and please leave the dead balls alone
Odobert 6 Set off like a house on fire, scored with a good finish but faded awaybut does look llike he could be an asset with time
Foster 7 Ran the line well but needed support which wasn`t forthcoming, could have done better with an early run if he had made the right pass at the right time

Roberts 4 didn`t improve anything
Koleosho 5 Should have been on from the start
Ramsey 3 Hasn`t learnt how to shield the ball better then last week and cost us another goal

VK needs to give his head a wobble, you can`t play a type of football that your players aren`t comfortable /suited to at this level, this constant chopping and changing doesn`t help, Centre halves, forwards need to build up understandings of each others games Mee/Tarkowski, Vokes/Ings. T don`t think he sees the game in quite the way supporters do and seems happy to experiment but I fear I see only one end if he continues down this path, we really need to move the ball forward quicker and players need to sharpen their own games as we looked very pedestrian and laboured in al parts of the game. UTC
Last edited by claretgimmer on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:50 pm

Can't be bothered with ratings today as the players seemingly couldn't be bothered in the second half. Very worrying lack of effort.

Everybody 4

We seem to concede more when o'shea is on the pitch. Delcroix looks hopeless. Tresor seems to think he's still in Belgium.

Where is our fight?

It's glaringly obvious we have ****** up our summer recruitment.

Only positive today was Odobert, but what is the point in having 6 promising wingers when only two can play at once?

Everybody knew we needed a decent DM but we didn't sign a single one and it is costing us.

The only slim saving grace at the moment is that our style of football could garner plenty of points against the mid to lower teams, but currently that feels like a massive stretch

bfcmik
Been Liked: 897 times
Has Liked: 1104 times

Post by bfcmik » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:07 pm

Trafford 3
Vitinho 5
Al Dakhil 5 (at least he was lucky enough not to be part of that 2nd half debacle!)
Delcroix 5
Taylor 4
Cullen 5
Berge 3 (7 1st half, <1 2nd half)
Brownhill 5
Odebert 5 (inc 1 for the goal)
Tresor 3
Foster 6 MOM

O'Shea 3
Roberts 2 (inc -1 for that suicide pass into the centre that led to Chelsea's 3rd)
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 2

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3778 times
Has Liked: 7573 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:18 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho 5
Al-Dakhil 5
Delcroix 5
Taylor 6

Cullen 5
Berge 5
Trésor 4
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6
Foster 7 ***

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 4

Oldparkwood
Been Liked: 127 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Oldparkwood » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:18 pm

Trafford 3
Vitinho 3
Al-Dakhil 3
Delcroix 3
Taylor 3

Cullen 3
Berge 3
Trésor 3
Brownhill 3
Odobert 3
Foster 3

Roberts 3
Koleosho 3
Ramsey 3

Worst premier league performance from
A Burnley team I've seen naive all over the pitch.
Terrible just terrible

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1655 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:18 pm

I read 4 ratings then thought, sod it, going to be one of these crazy nights, so I’ll skip the rest and just do my own.

Trafford 5 - slow distribution and stays on his line too much, feel like it makes it hard to play it out or win it back
Taylor 7 - not much got through his side and some good link up play too
Delcroix 6 - not much to do against one man up top who was, frankly, useless, Broja
Al Dakhil 5 - an error a day won’t keep my doctor away. CBs have to read the flight and clear whilst facing their goal, he was too slow to adjust and unfortunately is making way too many errors, but he is better than O’Shea
Vitinho 6 - good going forward but what was he (and Roberts) doing vacating his post regularly when one of the world’s most dangerous wingers is lurking behind him, one with a point to prove after that idiot in charge of England dropped him?
Cullen 7 - very good but looked knackered and was on a tightrope after the booking
Berge 6 - up against Enzo and Caicedo isn’t easy, who were both excellent
Brownhill 6 - as Berge
Tresor 5 - taking time getting to PL speed, gave it away far too often in dangerous areas
Odobert 8 - scored 1, nearly set up another, and unlucky with another. Wonderful feet.
Foster 7 - had Silva on toast at times but was a touch guilty of overplaying

O’Shea 5 - looked out of his depth but to be fair they were strutting by then
Koleosho 5 - didn’t get into the game and spent most of it on the wrong side
Roberts 5 - abandoned Sterling to push upfield which was very naive
Bruun Larson 6 - a few good moments
Ramsey 5 - didn’t get into the game

Kompany 4 - very odd at times with tactics and subs, as I’ve noted a few times he is an over-thinker and it is a common weakness of clever but inexperienced people. He will get there but he is getting outsmarted by all these experienced managers of the big clubs, who have better players as well as more experience. Less so the clubs around us, so its fine, it is what it is.

The problem today was we got our hopes up, but Sterling was way, way too good for us today and on his day he is unplayable which is why he has got so many PL goals from the wing and many for England. These performances will beat many sides around us. Lets hope I am not eating these words in a month or two but I feel we are on the cusp of winning as many as we lose apart from to the big 7.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:32 pm

From tv
Trafford 5 I simply don't feel safe with him between the posts. He obviously is a good young keeper, but I'm worried he may soon have shell shock.
Vitihno 4 I'll repeat what I have said many times, he is not a PL or Championship full back
ADH 7 he wasn't doing that badly considering he was left out to dry by Vitinho.
Delcroix 6 looked ponderous and lost at times
Taylor 7 Chelsea weren't that dangerous down our left
Cullen 4 overrun in midfield
Brownhill 4 was he playing?
Berge 5 not bad in first half but overrun in second
Tresor 4 he needs a rocket up his arris to wake him up
Foster 7* a one man band up front
Odobert 6 good first half, invisible 2nd

O'Shea 4 not yet PL ready
Roberts 5 should have started, he might have done better against Sterling
When I saw the starting line up I texted my son to say I expected a heavyish defeat.
This was not a good Chelsea team but once they equalised we looked like a team expecting to lose. There are no leaders with experience in our current team which is a worry. I hope Vincent gets it right quickly.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:37 pm

I personally don't see any signs of improvement, in fact we seem to be going backwards. GD, minus 13 after 8 tells it's own story.

Trafford 5
Vitinho 3-Puzzled me when I saw his name on the team sheet. Sterling had the freedom of TM and that's the main reason we lost heavily.
Al-Dakhil 5
Delcroix 3
Taylor 5
Cullen 6 Puzzled me when he was taken off but he can't do it all on his own in MF.
Berge 4 Not being wise after the event but I said at HT he needed hooking for JC. Someone with a bit of PL nohow.
Trésor 3
Brownhill 5 Very industrious, can't fault his work rate but compare him the Connor Gallagher.
Odobert 6 Looked impressive in first half hour and took his goal well.
Foster 6 Showed a lot of tenacity but faded in 2nd half.

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5 He tried but the game was well and truly up when he came on.
Ramsey 3 Strange substitution by VK for me.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:38 pm

tom210 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:18 pm
Trafford 3
Vitinho 3
Al-Dakhil 3
Delcroix 3
Taylor 3

Cullen 3
Berge 3
Trésor 3
Brownhill 3
Odobert 3
Foster 3

Roberts 3
Koleosho 3
Ramsey 3

Worst premier league performance from
A Burnley team I've seen naive all over the pitch.
Terrible just terrible
Don't be so stupid

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:45 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 4
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 5
Taylor 5
Cullen 5
Berge 5
Trésor 3
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6
Foster 7

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 3

CatonClaret
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by CatonClaret » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:08 pm

Trafford 4 - not at fault for any of the 4 goals and first half he seemed to have more confidence coming off his line but it really feels like all of our issues with playing out from the back start with him. He simply hasn’t got the distribution we need to play like VK wants and it’s putting us on the back foot. Either drop him or change the tactics.

Vitinho 4 - +1 for his forward work but he got torn to shreds today.
Al-Dakhil 6 - unlucky with the deflection for their first
Delcroix 5 - nothing drastic but can’t see him challenging Beyer or Ekdal for a starting XI position.
Taylor 6 - tried at least but constantly receiving the ball under pressure and his one footedness showed today.

Cullen 6 - tried but soft yellow put him in a tightrope so guessing this was why he was hooked
Berge 4 - don’t think I’ve ever seen a player crumble like he did in the second half. Literally lost the ability to find a man from 5 yards.
Trésor 3 - have to give him time still but that was the dictionary definition of anonymous.
Brownhill 4 - huffs and puffs but was constantly outfought and outplayed
Odobert 6 - most threatening player but like others have said, gets Cucarella on a yellow and then doesn’t try to take him on again. Good goal though and looks promising.
Foster 7 - starved of service throughout but fought for every scrap he could.

Roberts 4
Koleosho 4
Ramsey 4
JBL - NA but can we please see him start

Honestly at a bit of a loss after today and far more concerned than I have been after any of the other poundings we’ve received at home so far.
1. I don’t understand the rotation of the squad when we’ve got an international break next week and we’ve come off the back of our first win of the season so sapped a load of momentum.
2. We go 1-0 up and then lose all urgency and look to sit back on what we’ve got. Chelsea upped their tempo but we allowed them to do it.
3. Clear the issues were being caused on our right side and we don’t do anything to counter this by taking Tresor or Vitinho off until the damage is done.

I’ll add that we do seem to not be getting blessed with luck at the moment (the OG today, Fernandes for United, VAR at Forest etc) but we’re not helping ourselves. Touched on it already but the whole tactical style of playing out from the back, simply doesn’t work if you don’t have the right players for it. After 8 games I’ve seen absolutely no evidence that Trafford is a better distributor of the ball than Muric and this is where all of our problems are stemming from. We conceded possession countless times from the Trafford to Delcroix to Trafford to Delcroix/throw in to Chelsea and it’s painful. If VK wants to persist with that style, Trafford has to sit out for me otherwise we’re going to continue gifting possession/chances to the opposition.

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:10 pm

Trafford 5 zero presence. He doesn't put enough on the ball either; his weight of pass is poor which immediately puts us under
Vitinho 4 ok in first half but dreadful second. Horribly exposed
Al-Dakhil 6 did nothing wrong, OG very unfortunate, assume he was injured to be subbed
Delcroix 3 would be out of his depth in the Championship
Taylor 5 defended well first half, but he's so limited on the ball
Odobert 6 good goal and looked good in glimpses, but faded terribly
Cullen 6 again, good first half, quiet second, but him going off killed us as a team
Berge 5 disappeared 2nd half
Brownhill 5 we need him for the shape to work, but just don't let him anywhere near the ball
Foster 6 did fine but barely had a kick second half. That wasn't his fault.
Tresor 3 perplexing that he gets game time bearing in mind the other wingers we have.

O'Shea 4 not PL standard
Roberts 4
Ramsey 3
Koleosho 4
Bruun Larsen 6

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:44 pm

Trafford 4

Vitinho 4
Al Dakhil 6
Delcroix 5
Taylor 5

Cullen 6
Brownhill 4
Berge 6

Odobert 6
Tresor 3
Foster 7

O’Shea 4
Roberts 4
Ramsey 3
Koleosho 5
Larsen 5

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:51 pm

Trafford -5. Too slow in his distribution and has zero presence.

Vitinho - 3. Got mullered.

AAD - 5. At no fault for the goal.

Delcroix - 4. Too slow and robotic like in his movement.

Taylor - 5. The best of the backline for me.

Cullen - 5. Looks to be struggling at this level.

Brownhill - 3. Didn’t even realise he was playing. Anonymous.

Berge - 4. Powderpuff.

Tresor - 4. Offered nowt going either way.

Oderbert - 6. The best of the front line. I don’t know why we didn’t target Cuccerella more though.

Foster -6. Led the line ok-ish. Couldn’t do much more.

Subs:

Roberts - 4
O’Shea -3. Do not rate this guy at all.
Ramsey - 3. There was a bit in the Beckham documentary, where his dad said he bulked him up on Guinness and egg. I think this fella needs a similar diet. Soft as ****.
Koleosho - 4. Didn’t get going.
JBL - NA. Should have started ahead of Tresor.

VK - 3. Bizarre team selection. I just don’t see what he’s trying to achieve.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8743 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:02 am

Trafford 5
Vitinho 4
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 6
Taylor 6
Cullen 6
Berge 5
Trésor 4
Brownhill 5
Odobert 7
Foster 6

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 3

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1040 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:50 am

Trafford 4 sorry his distribution absolutely kills us when we try to get on the front foot, far too slow, ponderous and inaccurate
Vitinho can't defend
Al-Dakhil 4 a poor defensive position cost us a game changing goal
Delcroix 5 probably the best of the bunch defensively
Taylor 5
Cullen 5 fell apart after he went off
Berge 4 good when it's going well
Trésor 3 mmmm I hope he's still bedding in
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6 raw but looks decent
Foster 7 mom

O'Shea 3 really poor and miles off it at this level
Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 3 hopefully he improves but the signs aren't good so far

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:53 am

I thought we were awful, slow ponderous and very naive.

We were passing around the back so slowly and without any kind of purpose or end goal.

The GK and CBs would slowly pass in triangles then it would either end up with us hoofing it back to them or playing a 10-20 yard pass into the midfield which they would win.

What has happened to our system from last season of the inverted fullback and creating overloads? With Cullen moving to full back etc? There is non of that, no options in midfield to beat any kind of press, zero fast triangles. Apply a little pressure and we just cough the ball up in dangerous areas.

Trafford 3 so slow with the ball
Taylor 3
Delcroix 4 best defender
Al Dakhil 4
Vitinho 3 why are you diving in there?
Cullen 4
Brownhill 3 miles off it, runs a lot but nowhere near good enough on the ball.
Berge 4
Tresor 3 been rubbish every time I’ve seen him play, bring in Anass.
Foster 6 our best player again
Odobert 6 bright cameo, faded

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:17 am

You can't make 4 changes and expect the team to gel in the Premier league. Too much chopping and changing

Trafford -5. Doesn't command his area, not helped by his team mates, think he had to run with the ball 3 times along his own goal line

Vitinho - 3. Good on our goal, but didn't challenge on their 1st and then gave the pen on a plate

AAD - 5. don't know why he was subbed

Delcroix - 6 some good nicking the ball challenges

Taylor - 6 struggled due to his colleagues in defence

Cullen - 5 lost again, lucky not to get two yellows, was that why Chelsea went to the ref at HT

Brownhill - 4 why is he still taking set pieces, even Stan's blind man on a horse can see it.

Berge - 5 not as good today

Tresor - 4. Disappointing, should have scored

Oderbert - 7. was it 3 shots from him

Foster -6. Great part in the Goal, no service

Subs:

Roberts - 4
O’Shea -3. Don't see what he offers at this level
Ramsey - 3. weak
Koleosho - 6 why on the right
JBL - 6, should have been rewarded with a start but see's another two wingers picked ahead of him.

Premier League know how keeps you up, I don't see it. Not enough experience in this team!
This results just adds pressure on us to beat the teams around us.

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:18 am

Trafford 6
Vitinho 4
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 6
Taylor 4
Cullen 5
Berge 6
Trésor 4
Brownhill 5
Odobert 7
Foster 6

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 4
O Shea 4

MDWat
Been Liked: 879 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:08 am

Trafford 6
Vitinho 5
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 5
Taylor 5
Cullen 5
Berge 5
Trésor 3
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6
Foster 7

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 4

strayclaret
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by strayclaret » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:58 am

Trafford 6
Vitinho 4
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 5
Taylor 5
Cullen 5
Berge 5
Trésor 3
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6
Foster 7

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 4
Had us well and truly sussed

steve_f
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by steve_f » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:28 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinio. 4
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 4
Taylor 4
Cullen 5
Berge 5
Trésor 4
Brownhill 5
Odobert 7
Foster 7

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 3
From the telly

steve_f
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by steve_f » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:29 pm

Oops mis spelt vitinho before the spelling police arrive

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3349 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:42 pm

Trafford 7
Vitihno 5
Al Dakil 7 (extremely unfortunate with the OG)
Delcroix 6
Taylor 7
Cullen 6
Brownhill 6
Berge 4 (Excellent Tuesday and dreadful yesterday. Is he the kind of player who can only shine against the poorer teams???)
Tresor 5
Odebert 6
Foster 7

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 4

We literally threw the points at Chelsea (imo). The OG was unfortunate, but the others were rank bad play by us and absolute gifts for Chelsea who (like Man U before them) really aren't the side they were a couple of years ago. They're far from it in fact and we really should have done miles better.

CJA
Been Liked: 4 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by CJA » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:19 pm

Trafford 5 Not really to blame for the goals, but has no presence, is slow at distribution and looks like a les mature version of BPF
Vitinho 4 He is a good bench player an old fashioned utility player but should not be starting
Al-Dakhil 5 OG not his fault, however he is not Premier League YET.
Delcroix 4 Wooden.
Taylor 7 Solid. Gets criticised for distribution, but keeps getting suicide passes fired at him from his colleagues.
Cullen 6 Still trying to come to terms with the pace of the Premier
Brownhill 4 Not at his best
Berge 3 He is a luxury player great when the goings good but totally absent when the going gets tough, has made about 3 tackles all season so far
Tresor 3 Poor
Odebert 7 Looked really good in patches but is still very raw
Foster 6 Tried hard had no support runs his heart out looks the only true Premier league player at the moment
Roberts 4 Poor off the bench never got going
Koleosho 5 No end product for his effort
Ramsey 3 What is his position? not where we played him that is obvious
O shea 3 Not a premier league player
Brun Larsen - Looks the real deal when he is given any minutes

VK 3 Bizarre selection, bizarre tactics, bizarre substitutions
The Board 1. Appalling recruitment, has left us short in mid field and defence but with more right wingers than the Tory party.

burnley007
Been Liked: 641 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:22 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:54 pm
Trafford 6
Vitinho 4
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 5
Taylor 5
Cullen 5
Berge 5
Trésor 3
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6
Foster 7

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 3
CT are these your lowest scores ever?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:24 pm

burnley007 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:22 pm
CT are these your lowest scores ever?
I’m not sure. I try to take time after a really good performance or bad performance so I don’t overreact but I can’t think I’d move anyone up from that.

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:27 pm

Trafford 6 Did OK with crosses. Not done much wrong.
Vitihno 4 Why? So hopeless defensively at this level.
Al Dakil 7 What happened at half time? A fall out? Bizarre.
Delcroix 6 There is definitely a player there, just needs more time.
Taylor 6 Solid.
Cullen 7 Worked his socks off, but overrun in the 2nd half.
Brownhill 6 as above.
Berge 4 Reasonable 1st half, disgraceful 2nd. What happened??
Tresor 3 I'm not sure he's up to it. Did we keep the receipt??
Odebert 7 Great start, excellent goal, but tired in the 2nd half.
Foster 7 Leads the line so well. If he gets injured, we are in SERIOUS trouble.

Roberts 5 Too little, too late.
Koleosho 5 meh
Ramsey 3 Pathetic. Weak. Lost. Looks like a child playing in a man's game.

VK 3 - Needs to stick with a winning side, stop messing about with EVERYTHING every game.

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:28 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:24 pm
I’m not sure. I try to take time after a really good performance or bad performance so I don’t overreact but I can’t think I’d move anyone up from that.
I've done the same, but I don't think my scores have improved on reflection. The more I think about it, the worse I think it was.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:26 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 4
Al-Dakhil 6
Delcroix 5
Taylor 5
Cullen 6
Berge 5
Trésor 4
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6
Foster 7* The only shining light

Roberts 4
Koleosho 5
Ramsey 4

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:22 am

First half was decent, second half a complete abomination and Kompany has some questions to answer. Taking AAD was madness as it left us with a back four made up of our back up right back, fourth and fifth choice CB's and a left back Kompany doesn't really want.

Trafford - 4. Not at fault for the goals but his distribution is too slow and ponderous, which allowed Chelsea to press even higher and close off any chance of playing out from the back.
Taylor - 5. Thought he was the only defender on the pitch!
Vitinho - 3. Schooled by Sterling. Rabbit in the headlights stuff.
AAD - 5. Thought he played ok. Should never have been subbed off.
Delcroix - 3. Christ on a bike, where do you start? Dreadful.
Cullen - 4. Poor and rightly subbed; should have been for Cork though, not Ramsey.
Brownhill - 4. Huffed and puffed.
Berge - 4. Excellent first half, dreadful second half.
Tresor - 4. Lovely touch and lay off for the goal. Other than that I'm really struggling with this lad. Not a patch on Zaroury for me.
Odobert - 6. Some bright moments and a lovely goal.
Foster - 6. MoM again. I fear we will be relegated by the time he returns from AFCON because he's the only one who has consistently looked PL quality this season.

O'Shea - 3. I was getting flashbacks of Stan Varga and David Unsworth in the second half. Dear me.
Roberts - 4. Slightly better than Vitinho but that's not praise!!
Ramsey - 3. Not even close to good enough. Caught on the ball for the second week in a row. Looks like a kid out of his depth.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2035 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:30 am

Trafford 7
Vitinho 3
Al-Dakhil 5
Delcroix 6
Taylor 5
Cullen 5
Berge 5
Trésor 4
Brownhill 5
Odobert 7